Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #1  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Talking My Introduction

I have enjoyed this board so much and consider it my daily doses of encouragement each time I sit down to catch up. I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself.

I am a 32 year old Mom from Alabama. I have 6 kids (4 boys ages 13,8,4,1 and 2 girls age 12,9) I love my busy, chaotic family life it is what I always wanted.

I have been overweight since childhood due to high volumes of steroids I had to take as a young child for a health problem. Even though I was the biggest girl in my group of friends I was always alot of fun, had plenty of friends and could snag a few boyfriends. I tried to dress similar to my peers and I had a even a fat girl can look cute outlook and have fun attitude.

My husband married a plus size girl sz 18 so I was never the skinny chick who ballooned up after having kids. I have had other small attempts at losing weight but never for a extended time and never for the right reason.

In January of 2008 my very healthy mother had a fall at home and endured a massive brain injury. I was pregnant at the time with my 6th baby. We almost lost my mother that day but she made it through and was headed for a long recovery. The dr. was amazed at her progress and stated to me many times if Mom wasn't in otherwise great health she wouldn't have survived .

This was a wake up call to me to better my health . One day I would wish I would have started sooner and right then I decided to make ME a priority.

My little boy was born in July 2008 and the new me was born then too. As soon as my Dr. said I could I started to walk regularly. I didn't start counting calories till he weaned at 8 months old I just tried to eat sensible up until then. My walks have increased to 3 mile runs and weight training. I have gone from a size 24 to a comfortable regular size 16. It has happen so slowly that I don't feel like I have done that much but pictures are sometimes shocking.
I think I have made easy lifestyle changes and never want to go back to what I was. I deserve the time and effort to become healthy.

I love this board and look forward to getting to know you all.

Last edited by Nikki6kidsmom; 09-09-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #2  

Hi Nikki!

I've been a lurker here for the longest time and I would definitely encourage you to post more and talk to us more. The ladies here are amazing and so helpful.

Welcome to 3FC
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!!

I too am a 32 year old mommy. I have 4 kids.. 3 boys 10, 3, and 4 months and 1 girl who is 4. I homeschool just to add to my insanity, but wouldn't trade my crazy mommy life for anything in the world. I'm also a calorie counter.. even with my little nursling (who I'm hoping makes it to at least a year). Hubby didn't marry a skinny chick here either but having a set of Irish Twins did some major damage to my already high weight (50 pounds of damage!). I'm determined to get back to the weight I was when hubby started asking me out (11 years before I finally gave in!), which is 130. I'm even more determined now since I know we are done having babies, it's now time for me to start claiming my body back some (other than my milk machines....lol).

It looks like you have already come a long long way! Congrats! I look forward to getting to know you more as well!! This place is AWESOME!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Weclome!
marbear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/???

Height: 5'8"

Wow, you sure are off to a great start! Congratulations on the new little one, too. It sounds to me like you are going to have a lot of good advise and things you have learned to post here, so you are already like a old-time member. No doubt that you will fit in great! Welcome!
Serephina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Looks like you have really been successful with your new lifestyle thus far. Keep up the great work. So glad your mom has done well too.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome to our little home and I look forward to getting to know you better
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #10  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome aboard! You have already done fantastic with your weight. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote