Metabolic Research Center - Advice for newbies take 2

View Full Version : Advice for newbies take 2

Lori123321
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Welcome all newbies, here is a link to the orginal advice for newbies thread. There is a ton of information in there. I recommend you take some time to read through it. If you can't find the answers you need. Post here and we will do everything we can for you!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/143457-advice-newbies.html

desilu0
09-08-2009, 05:24 PM
So I had my first weigh-in today. Lost 3.5 lbs since Friday! Since I am new to this I can't help but be skeptical at the results what with all the diets I've been on, and all the ups and downs. Plus, Friday was food instruction and this weekend I had one last goodbye to all the foods I'm going to miss, so I didn't actually start the diet until yesterday. I'm scared and nervous and excited all at the same time. My hopes are so high that this diet will work and I can't wait until I get to the part where I won't feel skeptical and I'll be tremendously happy at the weight loss. I hope I'm not alone in feeling nervous about starting with MRC. 3.5 down 48.5 to go.

rip
09-08-2009, 07:24 PM
desilu0,
You are not alone. I to was skeptical but if you stick to the plan it will work, I promise. Some weeks you will lose more than others and some not at all maybe even gain a pound or two but don't get discouraged. Be sure to drink your daily allotment of water plus more if you can. The more water the more weight loss, at least that is what I have found.

The first few weeks I was on the plan that is all I thought about even wanted to break down and cry because I wanted to just be able to pull something out of the cupboard and it rather than spend time preparing the food. Now it is routine. I plan my meals and when I get home from work I immediately get my breakfast and lunch ready for the next day.

If you fall just pick yourself back up. It is so worth it.

Good Luck!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/223/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

CandyR1018
09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello all. I started on September 1st, already had a setback due to a sprained ankle and was off program for 2 1/2 days. But back on, had first official weigh in today and lost 3.5lbs!!!!

My question is about the menu, i thought after the first 4 days I would get a new menu? My menu is the vegetarian one?

Lori123321
09-09-2009, 11:16 AM
So I had my first weigh-in today. Lost 3.5 lbs since Friday! Since I am new to this I can't help but be skeptical at the results what with all the diets I've been on, and all the ups and downs. Plus, Friday was food instruction and this weekend I had one last goodbye to all the foods I'm going to miss, so I didn't actually start the diet until yesterday. I'm scared and nervous and excited all at the same time. My hopes are so high that this diet will work and I can't wait until I get to the part where I won't feel skeptical and I'll be tremendously happy at the weight loss. I hope I'm not alone in feeling nervous about starting with MRC. 3.5 down 48.5 to go.
Welcome Desilu, The diet does work and as Rip said, some weeks are bigger losses then others. You will get to know your body's pattern. Congrats on the 3.5. Awesome! Keep in mind that you will go through Plataues. It is a good sign but frustrating all the same. And in the beginning, you will lose quick due to water weight, then off to the real work, fat burning. It seems to go slower but that is what we really want to lose.
Hello all. I started on September 1st, already had a setback due to a sprained ankle and was off program for 2 1/2 days. But back on, had first official weigh in today and lost 3.5lbs!!!!

My question is about the menu, i thought after the first 4 days I would get a new menu? My menu is the vegetarian one?
Welcome Candy,
Hmm, not familiar with the vegetarian menu. However, the regular menus depend on your starting weight. If you start below 200 lbs then you will do the yellow for 4 days, the blue for 4 days and then green until you reach goal. If you start above 200, then beige until you reach 200 and then green until you reach goal. Not sure if there is a different color for above 250. If you are under 200 and did not receive a yellow/blue menu then ask your center if you should be doing something different.

Jaimesgettinskinny
09-12-2009, 08:24 AM
When I joined MRC this time, the counselors showed me their "tackle box". I thought that was such a GREAT idea. So, I went out and got one, too. I wanted to share the idea with you.

At WalMrt, in the fishing aisle, there are several different tackle boxes. The one that I got is the dbl sided with 5 compartments on each side. It's actually the smallest one that was there. Less than $3.

I filled each of the 10 compartments with my herbs and vitamins that I take from MRC. I labeled each compartment with the name of the supplement and how often/how many to take. (I printed it on the computer, cut it out and taped it to the inside of the lid.) That way, I always have my "pills" with me!!! I'll just throw it in my purse!

I love it! I was always forgetting to get my stuff before I leave the house and now I'll have it with me all the time!!

Thanx so much for all the awesome info on here!! It's made it so much easier to do the program!!

Jaime

kimtpa
09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
What I ended up doing was buying a big pill holder that is labeled by day/time and holds a weeks worth of pills. I load it up on Sunday for the week and I'm good to go. What is great is each day pops out of the holder and i put it in my purse or lunch box so I don't forget them.

leahruthie
09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
i have those too, kimtpa! makes it a lot easier to remember if they're already in my purse.

shopgirl
09-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I just bought a pill box from WalMart today. It'll be better than lugging all those pills in ziplock baggies :)

HotMama
09-19-2009, 07:53 PM
My hubby and I went to MRC for our consultation today. Trying to crunch the numbers to see if we can afford it. My question is, does this really work? It seems incredible to me that in just 7-8 months I could be at my goal weight (losing 90 lbs). I'm also wondering how much my monthly food budget will go down by not eating junk. I still have three kids that will want to eat the junk. I just don't know if this is the right thing. It almost seems to good to be true.

Fifties Lady
09-19-2009, 10:31 PM
My hubby and I went to MRC for our consultation today. Trying to crunch the numbers to see if we can afford it. My question is, does this really work? It seems incredible to me that in just 7-8 months I could be at my goal weight (losing 90 lbs). I'm also wondering how much my monthly food budget will go down by not eating junk. I still have three kids that will want to eat the junk. I just don't know if this is the right thing. It almost seems to good to be true.

I wonder if they have a two fer special. That would be so fair for you both. It can be expensive, especially if you are buying for two. I would probably do without all the pills they offer and just buy the HNS's at first. The rest you can get over the counter so much cheaper.

You can save at the grocery store, but then, much of what you buy is low sodium and low cal. And for some reason, which I will never understand, are more expensive than the regular ones. You would think since they are not adding salt to an item, it would be cheaper wouldn't you? I mean that would be one less person on the assembly line with the salt shaker wouldn't you think? :?::?::?:

Lori123321
09-20-2009, 03:37 AM
It does work. It is not cheap and will require some changes in budget and lifestyle. Keep in mind that everyone loses at their own pace and sometimes that doesn't mean 3 pounds a week. But it is significant enough for me that I have kept on with it during a difficult time. I am a single parent with 3 boys. The younger 2 are still at home and are teens. I have found that I am spending more money with MRC and the healthy foods that I buy but have saved from going to the drive thru. I have cut down on the junk that I buy for my boys also. They don't have a weight problem but feel it is better to have fresh fruit for them at the house then chips. Also, less temptation for me when I am feeling hungry and lazy. :D
The benefits for me are way over just the pounds I have lost. I have matured emotionally and feel stronger mentally. I am proud of the new coping skills I have learned as well as my stronger attitude. I am more confident and I only see things improving from here. If I had know what I was gaining while I was losing, I would have signed up the moment I walked through the door the very first time.

desilu0
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM

Reading practically everything at this forum was what made up my mind to go with MRC. It does sound too good to be true but if you follow the menus and take the HNS and multivitamin, then it should work. I've been on it for almost two weeks and have lost 8.5 lbs. I'm still skeptical, but it seems to be working, since the scale keeps going down. And when you hit a plateau, just remember that it's not the end of the world. Good luck and definately read some of the older posts in this forum for more information.

desilu0
09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
What I ended up doing was buying a big pill holder that is labeled by day/time and holds a weeks worth of pills. I load it up on Sunday for the week and I'm good to go. What is great is each day pops out of the holder and i put it in my purse or lunch box so I don't forget them.

I have a similar pill box. It's friggen huge. It has a Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Bedtime for each day of the week. I also bought a smaller one for work and just in case we eat out so I always have them with me, just not in the huge box I have at home.

HotMama
09-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I agree with the salt thing. They said they had a 2fer special a couple weeks ago that they would extend to us so I think we are gonna sign up this weekend after hubby gets paid. Yeah! I'm so excited. I keep thinking about all the things I'll be able to do again once I'm at goal weight.

HotMama
09-23-2009, 09:52 PM
I just added my avatar, my little smoochy cow is so cute :)

Lori123321
09-24-2009, 03:56 AM
I agree with the salt thing. They said they had a 2fer special a couple weeks ago that they would extend to us so I think we are gonna sign up this weekend after hubby gets paid. Yeah! I'm so excited. I keep thinking about all the things I'll be able to do again once I'm at goal weight.
So happy for you. Make a list of those things you want to do and are important to you. Post it on your fridge or somewhere you will see it when you need inspiration. I am looking forward to your successes. Kudos to hubby for making this leap as well.

reuselady
09-24-2009, 08:42 AM
I just added my avatar, my little smoochy cow is so cute :)

I can't wait to see what your hubby's avatar is!?!:D I love your smoochy moo. Welcome to both of you! I'm glad you are able to take advantage of the 2fer.

jeanette

Roadqueen
09-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Hello all,
I have been reading this forum for a few weeks, and it's great. It helped me make up my mind to go th MRC (which I was considering). I've been on and off every diet known to man. I have some sucess, then relax and before I know it the weight is back. I really never get to my goal.
I'm very excited about MRC. I did a few days of pre-conditioning and I go tomorrow for my first weigh in on the beige menu. I'm feeling good. I can't believe I'm really not hungry.
I am struggling abit with the timing. I don't have set meal times at work, and I'm a Nurse doing 10 hour shifts. I've tried drinking a supliment when I can't eat on time, but then does the five hours start over again? How much time does the suppliment get you between meals? I will of course ask these questions tomorrow, but I thought you guys might have some suggestions.
The Staff at the Columbus, IN center have been great. No pressure to buy, just information on what's available and how it may help the weight loss.
I'm looking forward to going for the WI....Never thought I'd say that.

HotMama
09-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Congrats Roadqueen on starting the program. Can't answer your questions since I haven't started yet. I'm curious about the answer though because my hubby has some similiar issues. He works 10 hour shifts and is always on the road (sales) which causes him to want to just stop at a fast food place for a quick bite or skip meals and come home starving and eating a ton in the evening. I'm hoping the drinks will help him curb those habits.

abmrc
09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Great Link! Thanks for all that help out there!

gish24
09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Hello all,
I have been reading this forum for a few weeks, and it's great. It helped me make up my mind to go th MRC (which I was considering). I've been on and off every diet known to man. I have some sucess, then relax and before I know it the weight is back. I really never get to my goal.
I'm very excited about MRC. I did a few days of pre-conditioning and I go tomorrow for my first weigh in on the beige menu. I'm feeling good. I can't believe I'm really not hungry.
I am struggling abit with the timing. I don't have set meal times at work, and I'm a Nurse doing 10 hour shifts. I've tried drinking a supliment when I can't eat on time, but then does the five hours start over again? How much time does the suppliment get you between meals? I will of course ask these questions tomorrow, but I thought you guys might have some suggestions.
The Staff at the Columbus, IN center have been great. No pressure to buy, just information on what's available and how it may help the weight loss.

They told me that if you have a HNS (drink) between meals, it buys you two hours...but I'm not sure if that time starts after you drink it or adds on to your total time (ex: I eat lunch at noon and have a drink at 3...do I have to eat at 5 since it's two hours later or can I eat at 7 since it's buying me two hours?)...anyone got the answer?

noahsmama
09-24-2009, 10:02 PM
They told me that if you have a HNS (drink) between meals, it buys you two hours...but I'm not sure if that time starts after you drink it or adds on to your total time (ex: I eat lunch at noon and have a drink at 3...do I have to eat at 5 since it's two hours later or can I eat at 7 since it's buying me two hours?)...anyone got the answer?

I usually eat lunch at 12:15-12:30ish, have an HNS around 4 and then eat dinner between 6:30ish and 7 and I've been doing that for the past 5 months :)

shopgirl
09-24-2009, 10:07 PM

I'm a nurse and my typical schedule is this: Breakfast at 5:30 am, HNS/fiber at 10am, lunch at 1pm, HNS/fiber at 5 pm and dinner at 8:30pm.

I don't have any other options....work is what it is and my commute each way is 45 min to an hr depending on traffic. So far, it's been ok.

Lori123321
09-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Hello all,
I work 12 hour night shifts and when I work;
wake up 4:30
Lunch at 5pm
Hns on road to work (almost 1 hr drive)
Dinner at 11pm or midnight
Hns at 3am,
Mini meal at 4-5am (veggies and cheese)
Hns at 7:30 drive home
Breakfast at 9am
then bed!
I asked what to do since I was going 7-9 hours between meals and was getting shaky and irritable. And no one wants a cranky nurse! They told me I could add a mini meal between Dinner and Breakfast and do the hns between Lunch and Dinner. I try to do things easy and fast to eat since I never know when I have to run and take care of an emergency.

Lori123321
09-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Congrats Roadqueen on starting the program. Can't answer your questions since I haven't started yet. I'm curious about the answer though because my hubby has some similiar issues. He works 10 hour shifts and is always on the road (sales) which causes him to want to just stop at a fast food place for a quick bite or skip meals and come home starving and eating a ton in the evening. I'm hoping the drinks will help him curb those habits.
He might benefit to get a cooler and put easily eaten foods in there to eat on the road. Cheese sticks, raw veggies, cottage cheese, grilled chicken salad, premixed hns in water so he just has to grab and drink. Takes some preplanning but will help him avoid the drive thru. Good luck! Heard that the drink adds 2 hours on to the time between meals.

kbmastiffs
09-25-2009, 07:59 AM
I have been on plan for 5 weeks and have lost 11lb. was down 12 lb. but gained 1 lb this week. Its extremely discouraging when you gain even small amts. Am walking 3x week and taking the stairs at work. 4 flights. I am also a nurse.

reuselady
09-25-2009, 08:20 AM
I have been on plan for 5 weeks and have lost 11lb. was down 12 lb. but gained 1 lb this week. Its extremely discouraging when you gain even small amts. Am walking 3x week and taking the stairs at work. 4 flights. I am also a nurse.
Keep drinking water! I agree it is discouraging even when you know the reason why! (I ate everything I was served at a banquet last night! This is a BAD reason why the scale was up this morning!) BUT if you have been On Program and have been exercising more than you were, you may have more muscle - which weighs more than fat! When the fat is burned, the cells fill with water temporarily - water has weight and this is part of what accounts for our plateaus - when the cells finally collapse and we flush the water and cell debris, then you will see a loss. Hang in there. Are your clothes fitting looser? Did you get the full Tanita read out and get measured at the end of your first month? If not, ask for it. You should see the percentage of fat going down as you retain your FatFreeMass and your water pounds. Stay On Program, you'll see a loss soon. :)

Fifties Lady
09-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Keep drinking water! I agree it is discouraging even when you know the reason why! (I ate everything I was served at a banquet last night! This is a BAD reason why the scale was up this morning!) BUT if you have been On Program and have been exercising more than you were, you may have more muscle - which weighs more than fat! When the fat is burned, the cells fill with water temporarily - water has weight and this is part of what accounts for our plateaus - when the cells finally collapse and we flush the water and cell debris, then you will see a loss. Hang in there. Are your clothes fitting looser? Did you get the full Tanita read out and get measured at the end of your first month? If not, ask for it. You should see the percentage of fat going down as you retain your FatFreeMass and your water pounds. Stay On Program, you'll see a loss soon. :)

I had to asked to be measured since they never did it after 7 weeks on plan. I asked about the Tanita reading and said they don't do that the first month because very little changes. I wish all centers were consistant with one another!! :dizzy:

Phat not Fat
09-25-2009, 06:27 PM

Don't get discouraged over a pound. Clothes can make that difference...not going to the bathroom before WI can make a difference...the time of day you WI can make a difference. There are so many variables, kb. You may have just hit a plateau, too. I have faith in you! Keep plugging away!

-- JJ

Roadqueen
09-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Drinking a HNS does buy you two hours, but if I'ts more that one hour since the HNS, you should have another as part of your meal. The five hours starts again when you eat your next meal.
At my first WI I had lost 4.5# Woo Hoo.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

porchmom84
09-27-2009, 03:28 PM
You verbalized just how I'm feeling. I just joined Friday (two days ago). What herbs/supplements did you decide to go with, if any? Do you remember how preconditioning was for you.....it might be my imagination but feel like body temp is warmer as I detox the sodium and sugar,

porchmom84
09-27-2009, 03:48 PM
First of all....hope I'm doing this right....

On day 2 of preconditioning. Biggest challenge right now is the feeling of "waiting for my next meal" and thinking about food a lot. Not that I'm so hungry....just such new habits. Giving up diet soda pop/caffeine will be the biggest challenge I think. Do you get many tangible results in the first week in general?

Lori123321
09-27-2009, 07:56 PM
First of all....hope I'm doing this right....

On day 2 of preconditioning. Biggest challenge right now is the feeling of "waiting for my next meal" and thinking about food a lot. Not that I'm so hungry....just such new habits. Giving up diet soda pop/caffeine will be the biggest challenge I think. Do you get many tangible results in the first week in general?

Congrats on starting! I remember preconditioning and being so worried about the next meal and getting it all in the meal. That was a lot of food. Before MRC, I didn't eat a lot but what I did was not good. Fast food, drive thru, eating out with friends, cafeteria food and frozen meals. Lots of fat, salt and carbs. I can't remember how much I lost on preconditioning but it was close to 4 pounds. I don't remember feeling warm but I do remember one or two nights feeling sick, almost flu like symptoms without the fever. Don't worry about messing up preconditioning, it is just a way to get through the caffeine and carb withdrawal. Taking b-12 helped with the withdrawl. You can get it at any grocery store. Water helps too! And get used to drinking it, that never goes away!
Good Luck!

HotMama
09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Woot Woot! Hubby and I joined today. We are on pre-conditioning until next Friday (almost 2 weeks). I'm excited and excited that he is finally doing it with me instead of sabatoging me. Tomorrow is day 1 of a new healthly life. Yeah!

Lori123321
09-29-2009, 05:07 AM
Woot Woot! Hubby and I joined today. We are on pre-conditioning until next Friday (almost 2 weeks). I'm excited and excited that he is finally doing it with me instead of sabatoging me. Tomorrow is day 1 of a new healthly life. Yeah!

:carrot: Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! So glad for you both! First hint, don't buy a lot of the preconditioning food since your menu will change when you get off preconditioning.

nepeanut
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM

Hotmama,
My spouse does the program with me too! It is wonderful having a buddy right there at home, making meals together, eating the same foods, cheering each other on. He is losing weight a lot faster than me, but, I'm excited for him and he motivates me to get where he is.

One tip that I learned is shop weekly if you can. That way you always have fresh meats, fresh fruits and vegetables. Also, I live by the cookbook, constantly finding new things to try.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing you progress.

NotaFatBride
10-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Joined last Thursday. I'm preconditioning until the 23rd (financial constraints). So far not so bad. Lots of protein, missing my carbs but happy I don't feel dehydrated anymore.

I'm excited to get started on the plan! I am getting married next October and need to get into dress shopping mode. Every time I get hungry I just keep thinking about wedding dresses. My biggest struggle has been drinking. I love an after work cocktail. I had a little slip up Saturday at a friends bday party but I'm back on track.

reuselady
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Joined last Thursday. I'm preconditioning until the 23rd (financial constraints). So far not so bad. Lots of protein, missing my carbs but happy I don't feel dehydrated anymore.

I'm excited to get started on the plan! I am getting married next October and need to get into dress shopping mode. Every time I get hungry I just keep thinking about wedding dresses. My biggest struggle has been drinking. I love an after work cocktail. I had a little slip up Saturday at a friends bday party but I'm back on track.

If your "after work cocktail" is in a drinking establishment, you can be sneaky after you get On Program - order a glass of ice water or soda water, add your liquid protein when no one is looking, stir up and it looks like a mai tai or such. There are a variety of flavors of the HNSs - wildberry is red, grape is purple of course, kiwi-melon is green. You'll still have the social camaraderie and stay On Program.

Enjoy the pre-conditioning things that are still good but will not be allowed until stabilization - (not sure if pre-conditioning prohibits these but I was thinking of beets, carrots, corn, limas, red peppers, onions, brown rice, winter squashes). This will be a wonderful year preparing for your wedding as you slim down and feel great. It is a good program for learning how to eat properly for the rest of your life. So often people gain weight after they get married, even people who have lived together for years, gain. Besides being a healthy way to eat, this will help you guys not have that weight gain. This will also help you be healthy when you decide to have children. You'll know how to eat right so you don't gain excess weight, your baby will be heathier, and you'll be able to get back to your pre-baby weight easier. Best of luck to you, you NotFatBride! :hug:

jeanette

TeresaG
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Congrats on both your upcoming wedding and joining MRC. I have a picture of a dress on my desk at work that I fell in love with and have a goal of going dress shopping after I've reached my goal, which should be by December.

Pcherr001
10-10-2009, 04:16 PM
So Ive been researching MRC for the last couple of days and went in for my consultation yesterday, it seems like a pretty good program. Im in nursing school so the cost kinda gets me, but I guess what I really want to know is what makes this any different from every other program? Is it worth it, does it really work??

Thanks!!

desilu0
10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
So Ive been researching MRC for the last couple of days and went in for my consultation yesterday, it seems like a pretty good program. Im in nursing school so the cost kinda gets me, but I guess what I really want to know is what makes this any different from every other program? Is it worth it, does it really work??

Thanks!!

Yes, this program really does work if you stick to it. I was skeptical at first because it all sounded too good to be true, but I've lost 15 pounds already in 31 days. Others have lost lots more. And truth be told, I have not exercised at all. The 15 was just from sticking to the plan. I joined because I didn't want to count anything (weighing out the portions is fine though), I wanted to be told eat this etc, and lose the weight. The cost of the program is also keeping me on track. I have not had any cravings for anything off program yet. Sure, I may want a cheeseburger once in a while but I found that's mostly because it's convienient and fast and I don't want to cook rather than I actually crave it.

One of the differences between this and other programs is MRC actually tells you what to eat. They give you a list, tell you how much of what to eat for when and you're good. Weight watchers gives you guidelines, but still leaves a lot of what you actually eat up to you. Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem can deliver the meals to you but that wasn't convienient for me since I'm cooking for two, and it's also expensive. Atkins is similar in the high protein low carb part, but you have to count grams of carbs and protein.

I think one of the keys to keeping it off is sticking with MRC through stabilization, where they help you get back to eating the stuff that's not allowed during weight loss. I also researched this program a lot before joining and once I coughed up the money I haven't regretted it yet. And remember plateaus are expected and normal once you start losing weight. Good luck in your decision.

Pcherr001
10-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the info, and congrats on your 15 pounds!!

Pcherr001
10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
One more thing, Im signing up tommorrrow, but I have a question. Im on the program where you lose 72 pounds in 24 weeks, but I have 94 to lose. 1st, what happens if I dont lose the 72 lbs in 24 weeks, and 2nd say I do lose the 72 what about the other 20?? Thanks!!

QueenD
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Newbie here!
Joined MRC Oct 6th did the precondition and actually started the menu 1-4 on Saturday Oct 10. Need to loose 25 lbs. What a great time to start right before holidays! LOL. I did MRC about 15 yr ago and it worked great. Tried it about 5 years ago and I failed. I am determined this time to stay on it. My problem I love coffee :coffee:with vanilla creamer. (I do use the one sweeten with Splenda) I have cut my coffee intake from all day to (1) cup.
I joined to get other information and hope to stay focused throughout this journey. I found this website before I joined and it was mentioned there also.:carrot:

changes4me
10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Newbie here!
Joined MRC Oct 6th did the precondition and actually started the menu 1-4 on Saturday Oct 10. Need to loose 25 lbs. What a great time to start right before holidays! LOL. I did MRC about 15 yr ago and it worked great. Tried it about 5 years ago and I failed. I am determined this time to stay on it. My problem I love coffee :coffee:with vanilla creamer. (I do use the one sweeten with Splenda) I have cut my coffee intake from all day to (1) cup.
I joined to get other information and hope to stay focused throughout this journey. I found this website before I joined and it was mentioned there also.:carrot:

I am also a Newbie and signed up and started day 1 thru 4 same day as you. Im on the 24 week program cus I need to lose 72 lbs. Went to get my next menu yesterday and already lost 4.5 lbs. I also am determined to stay on plan. I have been very strict and no cheating at all. No caffeine and no salt. Good luck to you!

fatnomo51
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Joined last week, Oct. 14, after my annual gyno visit. I needed to do SOMETHING to keep me focused and motivated so I can lose 50 lbs. I saw an add for MRC in the paper and started researching online. There was enough positive feedback that I took the financial plunge.

My official Day 1 was Saturday,(Oct. 17). I'm sticking to the plan but I feel really tired and very hungry between meals. The HNS just don't take the edge off at all. Did anyone else experience this and does it get better???

desilu0
10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
I joined in September and started on the yellow menu. I didn't get hungry at that time mostly because of all the water I was drinking throughout the day. The water is actually supposed to help you feel less hungry also. I'm on the green menu now and have slipped up on drinking my water and I'm starving between meals now. Need to discuss this with my center, hopefully they'll help.

Pcherr001
10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
My first day was the 17th too!! I have a lot to lose so I have white menu, I dont know which menu you have, but I've been feeling just fine. Im a little hungry right now but if I drink a fiber drink its helps and they are delicious. Its all worth it!! Good luck

Phat not Fat
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Joined last week, Oct. 14, after my annual gyno visit. I needed to do SOMETHING to keep me focused and motivated so I can lose 50 lbs. I saw an add for MRC in the paper and started researching online. There was enough positive feedback that I took the financial plunge.

My official Day 1 was Saturday,(Oct. 17). I'm sticking to the plan but I feel really tired and very hungry between meals. The HNS just don't take the edge off at all. Did anyone else experience this and does it get better???

It gets much better! I didn't get hungry between meals when I started, but holy cow, was I tired! That lasted for a couple weeks, then I felt like I was on meth for a couple weeks (except I was able to sleep!). Now, things seem to have balanced out (I'm on week 12 right now).

Welcome aboard and hang on tight...it's gonna get a little crazy! But you'll love the results!

:cool:

-- JJ

Lori123321
10-20-2009, 06:34 AM
I joined in September and started on the yellow menu. I didn't get hungry at that time mostly because of all the water I was drinking throughout the day. The water is actually supposed to help you feel less hungry also. I'm on the green menu now and have slipped up on drinking my water and I'm starving between meals now. Need to discuss this with my center, hopefully they'll help.

Crystal light has a fight hunger drink that has fiber and protein in it. It also about $2.00 a box. It is with all the on the go drink mixes. Strawberry and Banana is the only flavor

fatnomo51
10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words and advice. I told the counselors at MRC about my concerns, and they said I was probably experiencing detox symptoms. I did add the fiber yesterday afternoon and I think it helped some with the hunger. BTW I'm on the green menu.

So many people on this board are having success on this plan. I read it everyday to stay motivated. I look forward to being a "success story" soon.

Stylist83
10-20-2009, 09:28 AM
YAY! help I need it lol

LaRee mother of 3
10-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I just signed up last night. My biggest struggle is the veggies. I love salad but need help with a good dressing. I don't like vingegar and oil but if I can find something I can add a little splenda and some fruit and mix it up it would be great...anyone have any ideas??? I have 56 pounds to loose and I am anxious to get on board with all of you. We can all do this together if we just keep one another motivated...anyone want I partner I could use one.

noahsmama
10-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I just signed up last night. My biggest struggle is the veggies. I love salad but need help with a good dressing. I don't like vingegar and oil but if I can find something I can add a little splenda and some fruit and mix it up it would be great...anyone have any ideas??? I have 56 pounds to loose and I am anxious to get on board with all of you. We can all do this together if we just keep one another motivated...anyone want I partner I could use one.

When I was eating salad (never was a salad/dressing person before) but I found this dressing that I actually liked. You take 2 tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp (or less depending on yo personal taste) of Apple cider vinegar, 2 packets of Splenda (at least sometimes I used 3/4), and Mrs. Dash Table Blend. i just got burnt out on it. I was (and still am) a sweet person and that dressing was good (or so I thought anyway:)) good luck.

I, too, was a very picky eater (or so I thought) prior to beginning this program. I eat things now that I never thought I would. My veggies of choice nowadays are baked broccoli/cauliflower (I use frozen and spray w/Olive Oil Pam, sprinkle with butter buds, a bit of garlic powder, and a packet of Splenda, bake at 425 for 20-25 min, yum!) and green beans (I use the no salt added canned version). I also eat green beans in things, such as the tuna casserole out of the cookbook. That's really good.

LaRee mother of 3
10-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks so much for the ideas. When I hear of people like you who did not like the veggies either it is very encouraging to me that I CAN do this. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Joy2MeNu
10-20-2009, 03:10 PM

I really love the WALDEN FARMS creamy bacon dressing. Walden Farms is recommended by my center and now I know why. And I also enjoy the dijjonaise by hellman's on veggies and/or salad. I never knew I could eat veggies day in and day out and enjoy them, but I really am. I love the frozen, steam "right in the bag" products for something easy and fast -- Use them daily!:^:

fatnomo51
10-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I can finally offer a bit of advice. We were told we could use Walden Farms salad dressing from the grocery store. It's calorie free, sugar free, fat free, carb. free, gluten free, no preservatives. I bought the French dressing today and tried on my lunch salad. It was good! There are several flavors available. I got it at Market Street here in McKinney.

I'm relieved to find something that I really like to use on my veggies.

Pcherr001
10-20-2009, 05:19 PM
If anyone likes ranch dressing, theres a recipes in the cookbook. Its 12oz cottage cheese and 1 packet of ranch powder(and a little water to thin it up), but it counts as 1oz protein. I didnt think the lumps would come out, but if you put it in the blender its really creamy and tastes just like hidden valley.

So I had my first weigh-in today and I lost 6.5lbs in 3 days!!! Wow, I am so excited. That just gets me pumped and motivated for the coming weeks!

learning2Bhealthy
10-20-2009, 05:30 PM

Another salad dressing you can make is Honey Mustard 1 tsp each of oil, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and 1 packet of splenda. mix until well blended. I love this with the chicken nuggets you can make. Yummo

porchmom84
10-20-2009, 05:35 PM

Are you coming off caffeine? That's hard to do and makes you tired.

magnoliagirl
10-20-2009, 06:46 PM
I can finally offer a bit of advice. We were told we could use Walden Farms salad dressing from the grocery store. It's calorie free, sugar free, fat free, carb. free, gluten free, no preservatives. I bought the French dressing today and tried on my lunch salad. It was good! There are several flavors available. I got it at Market Street here in McKinney.

I'm relieved to find something that I really like to use on my veggies.

Hello a McKinney MRC here. Yes WF was a life saver to me, enjoy the honey dijon, I think I'm going to try the creamy bacon and French next grocery stop.
How long have you been OP? magnoliagirl

fatnomo51
10-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi magnoliagirl. Please forgive my ignorance but what does OP stand for? Sometimes I'm a little behind when it comes to technology lingo. LOL

LaRee mother of 3
10-21-2009, 02:58 PM
on program. :)

fatnomo51
10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
OOOOOhhhhh! I've been OP since Saturday, October 17. I'm not loving it so far...but if I have some good results when I weigh in this Friday, that'll make it worth it. I need to use the cookbook and find some ways to make my meals more interesting and tasty instead of bland and boring. I almost feel housebound because I have to pee so much from all the fluid intake.

I'm glad I joined MRC though because I am finally doing something to change some of the unhealthy habits that have caused me to be overweight and miserable. I'm prepared to give it my best effort to be successful.

porchmom84
10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
OOOOOhhhhh! I've been OP since Saturday, October 17. I'm not loving it so far...but if I have some good results when I weigh in this Friday, that'll make it worth it. I need to use the cookbook and find some ways to make my meals more interesting and tasty instead of bland and boring. I almost feel housebound because I have to pee so much from all the fluid intake.

I'm glad I joined MRC though because I am finally doing something to change some of the unhealthy habits that have caused me to be overweight and miserable. I'm prepared to give it my best effort to be successful.

Welcome and good luck. Hope this forum is helpful to you as it has been to me. I'm on a plateau week but am staying the course....I know I'm doing the right things and am glad I have support!

Lori123321
10-22-2009, 04:32 AM
If anyone likes ranch dressing, theres a recipes in the cookbook. Its 12oz cottage cheese and 1 packet of ranch powder(and a little water to thin it up), but it counts as 1oz protein. I didnt think the lumps would come out, but if you put it in the blender its really creamy and tastes just like hidden valley.

So I had my first weigh-in today and I lost 6.5lbs in 3 days!!! Wow, I am so excited. That just gets me pumped and motivated for the coming weeks!
Great Job. 6.5 pounds gone for good! This program is not easy but these moments make it so worth all the hard work.

Welcome and good luck. Hope this forum is helpful to you as it has been to me. I'm on a plateau week but am staying the course....I know I'm doing the right things and am glad I have support!
These plateaus are a pain in the scale! but stay strong. They are a necessary evil. They will end and you will have a loss to show for it!

It is really easy to fall into a rut with this diet since you are so limited on what you can eat. Then you get bored and start to stray. That is what I did. Soon, you justify eating off plan here and then there. But you work too hard to do that! It is hard, especially when others are eating whatever they want. But that is them, not you. You have a different need then them. (lecturing to myself while writing to you). Just like person who follows a special diet for medical reasons. They do what they have to in order to fullfil their bodies needs. That is what we are doing. We are learning to listen to our bodies and finding out what the needs are. It will get easier, even the water/peeing. Your body will adjust to the increased water and will regulated it. Have faith and toilet paper!
I am so proud that you have commited to improve your health. It is not just the number on the scale but the about how we feel each day.

Lori123321
10-22-2009, 04:36 AM

Great Job. 6.5 pounds gone for good! This program is not easy but these moments make it so worth all the hard work.

These plateaus are a pain in the scale! but stay strong. They are a necessary evil. They will end and you will have a loss to show for it!

It is really easy to fall into a rut with this diet since you are so limited on what you can eat. Then you get bored and start to stray. That is what I did. Soon, you justify eating off plan here and then there. But you work too hard to do that! It is hard, especially when others are eating whatever they want. But that is them, not you. You have a different need then them. (lecturing to myself while writing to you). Just like person who follows a special diet for medical reasons. They do what they have to in order to fullfil their bodies needs. That is what we are doing. We are learning to listen to our bodies and finding out what the needs are. It will get easier, even the water/peeing. Your body will adjust to the increased water and will regulated it. Have faith and toilet paper!
I am so proud that you have commited to improve your health. It is not just the number on the scale but the about how we feel each day.

fatnomo51
10-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Lori123321, for the encouraging words. You are obviously having good results on this program. Do you exercise along with the eating plan? Are you always very strict with the meal plan? So far I have followed the menu strictly but I went to lunch with friends today and ate a salad with chicken. There were red peppers, onions, walnuts and feta cheese in the salad. (this was a small greek restaurant and had few salad choices) I took 2 fat/carb blockers before the meal and used my Walden Farms dressing. Obviously I ate some "no no" foods but I enjoyed the small break from the monotony. Just wondering if you ever strayed and still lost weight.

Pcherr001
10-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I am so scared to go off program even just one tiny bit, but I doubt it will sink all you efforts. I weighed again today and I didnt lose any, but 6.5 pounds in one week is still good. I guess this is my first little plateau, I dont like!!

I know there are a lot of threads on where other people but some of their supplements, but are they the exact same mainly the HNS.

magnoliagirl
10-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks, Lori123321, for the encouraging words. You are obviously having good results on this program. Do you exercise along with the eating plan? Are you always very strict with the meal plan? So far I have followed the menu strictly but I went to lunch with friends today and ate a salad with chicken. There were red peppers, onions, walnuts and feta cheese in the salad. (this was a small greek restaurant and had few salad choices) I took 2 fat/carb blockers before the meal and used my Walden Farms dressing. Obviously I ate some "no no" foods but I enjoyed the small break from the monotony. Just wondering if you ever strayed and still lost weight.

Good Morning, Oh yes how we do get bored with our food, but I'm hanging in.
At lunch Friday, while I was eating my buffalo and spinach, two ladies were eating taco salad. I looked at the bottom of their plates, it was soaking in oil from the meat. That was confirmation that my eating choices are healthy.
When you cook dinner, double and save half for your lunch the next day. A time saver for me. I'm still only averaging 1.5#'s a week, but I'm hanging in, I've been sick for the most of this plan and I am better now. So I'm praying that the next two weeks will be a little better. My clothes are fitting looser, that's encouraging. We can both hang in together, THINK THIN THOUGHTS!
magnoliagirl

Lori123321
10-25-2009, 06:07 AM

I would love to say I was OP the entire time and everything but I have not been. I believe it has slowed my loss and wish I could take an eraser and take away the moments and the effects. But since they have not found a pill for that at MRC, I move on. What I noticed is that when I eat a bite or something off plan, I either crave more of it or I am not hungry at all. The second one is harder since I don't want to eat the foods my body needs. And if I do really bad, I feel kinda sick afterwards. So, if you eat off plan for whatever reason, drink the water to flush out your system of all the salt and stuff, get back on the MRC bandwagon as soon as possible and use the fat and carb blocker. I am going to check the stores to see if I can find one cheaper.

magnoliagirl
10-25-2009, 08:32 AM
I would love to say I was OP the entire time and everything but I have not been. I believe it has slowed my loss and wish I could take an eraser and take away the moments and the effects. But since they have not found a pill for that at MRC, I move on. What I noticed is that when I eat a bite or something off plan, I either crave more of it or I am not hungry at all. The second one is harder since I don't want to eat the foods my body needs. And if I do really bad, I feel kinda sick afterwards. So, if you eat off plan for whatever reason, drink the water to flush out your system of all the salt and stuff, get back on the MRC bandwagon as soon as possible and use the fat and carb blocker. I am going to check the stores to see if I can find one cheaper.
Let me know what carb blocker you are using or suggest? I am thinking about
getting some just in case, I'm thinking with Thanksgiving around the corner,
I know I will slip up. I will not be eating home.
You have done well, I look at this board every day, it is my diet devotion!
thanks everyone for encouraging and being so positive to everyone,
magnoliagirl ;)

Pcherr001
10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
So im going to my first connections class tomorrow, and from what ive read about it form here people kind of think its a waste of time. What exactly will go on and has anybody found it helpful?

fatnomo51
10-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, I've just completed my 8th day OP. I lost 3 lbs. my first week. As long as I continue at this pace I will lose all the weight I want to lose in 17 weeks so I'm OK with that.

I am no longer feeling tired, however; I now have a new dilemma. I am now experiencing some constipation. I started taking the internal cleanser that I bought at MRC AND I am taking an herbal laxative that usually works for me...but isn't. Again, has anyone had this problem? It's hard to believe I could have this problem at all with the amount of raw veggies that I'm eating and 10+ glasses of water each day. I am taking the All day weight Loss supplements and the MRC6 in addition to the Multi vitamin and the fish oil.

Any thoughts from the MRC vets??

teachingmom
10-25-2009, 11:05 PM
I feel the same as you do. I lost 2.5 while on preconditioning but 6 at my first official weigh-in. I keep waiting for it to go back up, the scale that is, but having faith!

teachingmom
10-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I am new to this site, forum, and pretty new to MRC. A good friend suggested that I begin here. Any advice is welcome!

Pcherr001
10-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I had a weigh in today lost 2.5lbs so thats 9 in the first week and a half. Im super excited, and it get my measurements done friday Im ready to see if Ive lost any inches. So far Im loving it, ok not loving it but staying motivated. Its working so far I dont see any reason for it to stop now. I am SOO ready for a lifestyle change not just with food and I feel it coming!!!

CJay
10-27-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm right there with you! I'm a newbie to the forum, I started at MRC on October 2, and I've been enjoying it. I feel motivated because of the twice a week weigh ins, it makes me more accountable I think. It's the first time I've lost 17 pounds in 25 days, and I want to keep going!

I was wondering about everyone's goal weight listed on the forum, are most people here listing their own personal goal, or the goal that the Tanita strip at MRC said? I was kind of surprised that my goal weight was over 200, but I've been over 300 for a long time and so I suppose it's a reasonable goal for the amount of time in my contract (I did a contract program that goes until March of 2010, and I started out with what is called Meta Slim Level 3 (meaning I don't do the color menus yet, I think I get to do those after I am under 300.)

Thank you for having the forum and for the advice and support, I think I'm going to like it here!:)

Pcherr001
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I didnt go with the slip, it said 170 and I said 165 maybe 150 when I get there. I think the tanita goes more off BMI but im not really sure. Congrats on your 17lbs thats awesome!!

changes4me
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
So im going to my first connections class tomorrow, and from what ive read about it form here people kind of think its a waste of time. What exactly will go on and has anybody found it helpful?

I love my connections classes. They are a great motivation. My center's counselor is so nice and the classes are actually interesting to me. I have learned alot from them. Just have an open mind. Any knowledge is good knowledge.

DZackery
10-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Is there an OTC version of the MRC 6? I just started at MRC umm....the middle of october? I have lost 8.5 pounds so far...just started the green menu. 31.5 to go. Even the HSN's are kind of expensive but if I can save money on the supps then I will try.

RuthAnne
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
I have been OP for less than 2 months. Just hit the 20lb mark. SOme days I am ready to throw in the towel and others I am good. The ladies at the center are so supportive. I have come to far to give up and am trying new recipes to keep it exciting. I am dreading the holidays but they have given me some new recipes to try.

leigh34
11-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi all...I just finished reading the first Newbie post and this post - thanks for all the awesome advice and encouragement. I started OP yesterday and so far so good. I laughed last night as I was reading these threads (SOOOOOO glad I found them) some of the things I was trying to take on (Like actually trying to eat 6 oz of chicken at one sitting - boy I was tired of chewing chicken - glad to find out I can mix my proteins up some that will help). I also can't believe the MRC cookbook has an awesome Ranch dressing recipe made with the cottage cheese - yummy! I hope to use it sparingly but those days when salad needs a little help it will be nice! I am on the 17 week plan and hope to be at my goal March 2010 - I'm scared about the holidays...but one day at a time right? I can't wait to read more and get more ideas!

DZackery
11-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I was having a hard time drinking all the water so I started drinking the flavored water a walmart called Clear American. It has made a huge difference in my water intake. it's great! It's not expensive either. It's 1.98 for 4 20 oz bottles or 68 cents for a 33 oz bottle.

sexyrene
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello, I'm a newby and very excited about my lifestyle change.
This site has been a God send and very encouraging. I will get my menus Friday.(13th). Thanks for the insight it really helps, I am a little skeptical.

Sexyrene

Lori123321
11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Welcome all. This program works but it takes a huge mind set change. Still working on mine. I figure it took me almost 40 years to get to this point and it will take me more then a few months to change my mind set. This is a journey of moments, choices and insights.
Feel free to join us on the November thread or post here. We are here to support you when things look rough and celebrate those victories.

DZackery
11-10-2009, 02:16 PM
How many posts is the minimum posts to be able to use your siggy? I could really use that motivation...:)

Pcherr001
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I think its 20, so you should be able to get one. I know I was so excited when I got mine!

DZackery
11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Where do I paste the code at? I don't see an option for it.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/175/135/164.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Hmm...Well I pasted it in here and it worked but I don't see a place on my profile.

Pcherr001
11-10-2009, 07:12 PM
If you go to edit signature, there should be a place. And I saw in the other thread where you lost 18in is that good thats freaking awesome!!! way to go!!!

DZackery
11-10-2009, 08:13 PM
THANKS A BUNCH! I really needed that encouragement. I'm up a full pound this week and I'm hoping that it's because I should be starting my period next week. I'm totally down about it though. THANKS!

Lori123321
11-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Is there an OTC version of the MRC 6? I just started at MRC umm....the middle of october? I have lost 8.5 pounds so far...just started the green menu. 31.5 to go. Even the HSN's are kind of expensive but if I can save money on the supps then I will try.

Try the Now brand Cider Vinegar Diet Formula. Should be close. The ingredients are the same but not sure about the strengths of each.

reuselady
11-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Where do I paste the code at? I don't see an option for it.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/175/135/164.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Hmm...Well I pasted it in here and it worked but I don't see a place on my profile.

When you have been on 3FCs for 21 days you will have an "edit Signature" place on your User CP. (That makes more sense - sorry I left that part out!) That will be where you'll paste your ticker code. You are getting close to having it. Be sure to save it after you copy it in. You're going great for all you've got going on in your life!!! :carrot:

DZackery
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Lori, Thanks! I will try to order some and attempt that instead of paying $35 for it. I actually just went and got flax from walmart and it was a great big huge $8. Way better price. HAHA

Reuselady, I appreciate the encouragement. I really needed it today. Thankfully, my children are in bed and mostly asleep and the dishes are done, boys rooms picked up, toys outta the living room, bathroom is relieved of thrown dirty clothing and wet towels and the one load of laundry that needs to be folded can just cool it until tomorrow. TIME TO RELAX! :)

sexyrene
11-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Ladies, please tell me what supplements I need to be successful, I know the multivitamin and the omega6?(yellow tablets). But do I really need the other pills??
Thanks,
Sexyrene

wchase
11-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I take MRC6, oil and a multivitamin (and 3 HNS a day). I have tried to keep it simple to keep costs down. I still am losing the weight and love this program!

Audrey1
11-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I signed up last Friday.
I am already hesitant about the program and the supplements and drinks.
I specifically asked the person I talked to on Friday if there was ginkgo, ginseng, guarana or anything like them in any of the supplements or shakes. She assured me there wasn't.
So I buy the multivitamins before I leave. First thing I notice when I get home is that the vitamins do indeed have ginkgo in them.
I can't take anything like that. They not only make my heart pound out of my chest but they cause me incredible anxiety.

Please tell me I didn't get taken for a couple hundred dollars.
:?:

sexyrene
11-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Thank you wchase for the information, I don't want to buy unnessary pills.
However, I do want to make sure I have everything to be victorious.

sexyrene
11-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Audrey1 I know this is a dumb question but did you call the center?
What does the Manager say?
Surely you can take another multivitamin?
I pray it works out for you, its so disappointing when get your hopes up for something and not get all of the information to make an informed decision.

Joy2MeNu
11-12-2009, 09:09 AM
I signed up last Friday.
I am already hesitant about the program and the supplements and drinks.
I specifically asked the person I talked to on Friday if there was ginkgo, ginseng, guarana or anything like them in any of the supplements or shakes. She assured me there wasn't.
So I buy the multivitamins before I leave. First thing I notice when I get home is that the vitamins do indeed have ginkgo in them.
I can't take anything like that. They not only make my heart pound out of my chest but they cause me incredible anxiety.

Please tell me I didn't get taken for a couple hundred dollars.
:?:

You are under no obligation to purchase ANY of the MRC supplements, except for the HNS. Return the multivitamins and purchase them elsewhere. Get a high quality multivitamin, preferrably a whole food vitamin.

Personally, I like this one:
http://products.mercola.com/whole-foods-multivitamin/

MRC is a great program -- you just need to get the right combination of items to work for you and only you! Don't get discouraged. And remember that the people advising you are just people and don't KNOW everything about every ingredient of these products. Wish the did though! Good thing you were paying close attention. That's great! All the best to YOU!:bravo:

Audrey1
11-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes I called the center. I was supposed to have another meeting yesterday with the consultant but she was out sick. It got rescheduled for today.
I am really trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and think she just didn't realize everything that was in the the vitamins they sell.
I am just paranoid enough to think she may have known and told me what I wanted to hear.
I am really discouraged by my most recent weight loss attempt and this is like a last ditch effort for me.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Audrey1
11-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I have another question.
What is the purpose of the HNS?
I looked at the ingredients and there is potassium and protein? How is that a high nutrient supplement? No other vitamins or minerals?
How many HNS boxes do we have to buy from them? Do they really keep track?
I started my first real diet day today. I was in pre-conditioning the last week or so.

Fifties Lady
11-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I have another question.
What is the purpose of the HNS?
I looked at the ingredients and there is potassium and protein? How is that a high nutrient supplement? No other vitamins or minerals?
How many HNS boxes do we have to buy from them? Do they really keep track?
I started my first real diet day today. I was in pre-conditioning the last week or so.

Audrey...that's a great question. :?: Other than costing so much, what is the purpose, and would another powdered protein drink that is so much cheaper be the same if not better? :?:

Joy2MeNu
11-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Audrey, my gut reaction to questioning the MRC so seriously is that you may not have confidence and faith in this program. you didn't get your important questions answered ahead of the plan. that is unfortunate, as it is way to expensive to lack faith in your decision and investment. It is a high protein diet -- that is exactly why it works. I believe the center needs to make you a better explanation. I don't tend to question when something is working -- and so far that is where I am! it works. I didn't purchase the MRC6 or Cortitrim for this next portion of my journey, so we'll see what happens. hopefully I will keep losing!

Hopfully you can shake that RIPPED OFF feeling that seems to be eating away at you!

Audrey1
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Hopfully you can shake that RIPPED OFF feeling that seems to be eating away at you!

THIS is exactly the feeling that I keep getting. All of my questions have definitely not been answered. When I do ask questions the woman I am dealing with kind of side steps them. And it is always about buying more and more stuff...
Congrats on the weight loss though! That is great.

Joy2MeNu
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
THIS is exactly the feeling that I keep getting. All of my questions have definitely not been answered. When I do ask questions the woman I am dealing with kind of side steps them. And it is always about buying more and more stuff...
Congrats on the weight loss though! That is great.

Thanks so much Audrey. I have really enjoyed the diet so far.

Listen,I really feel for you right now. Is there any other MRC in your proximity that you could visit, instead of the one you are going to?

You truly deserve answers and assistance.

Perhaps go to the MRC url, http://www.emetabolic.com/contact/contact.asp, and send a message to the central office to see if you can get any answers from them.

Audrey1
11-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Audrey...that's a great question. :?: Other than costing so much, what is the purpose, and would another powdered protein drink that is so much cheaper be the same if not better? :?:

Exactly why I keep getting that "ripped" off feeling. Every time it is about buying something more.

I wish there was a way I could get out of it now that my 3 day "cool off" period is long gone. If I had known going in it was a high protein, low fat, low carb diet I could have done that myself.....

iluvindiana
11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Where can I find the "Now brand Cider Vinegar Diet Formula" to replace the MRC 6?

leigh34
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
iluvindiana,

I found it at my local health food co-op

CJay
11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Audrey1, I think if you say no firmly to the extra things they try to sell you, they will respect it. It disturbs me very much that they keep track of what you buy and when, while at the same time, there's a lot of lip service to the idea that you aren't obligated to buy anything except the HNS. I'm at the 6 week point and I've lost a respectable amount of weight. I started out my first month having bought the first set of items that they sold me (HNS, MRC6, MSM, CortiTrim, MetaEnhancer.) Now I'm substituting Relacore for the CortiTrim and the MRC6 (Relacore is mentioned here on 3FC as a good substitute for CortiTrim, but I also noticed it has even more B6 than MRC6.) If I feel like I want to have the apple cider vinegar and kelp, I'll do the Now brand apple cider diet pills. I still get some HNS, but each day I substitute one or two with a cheaper brand (that actually has more protein.) When they ask me what I need to buy when I weigh in, they're usually looking at the folder reading my old receipts. They aren't supposed to be doing that, and I think their upper level management would be very upset to know that they are pressuring people into buying more and more items at every visit (it's turning off a lot of longterm customers I know here in GA so they aren't coming back at all.) But, I am mentally prepared to see them doing that, and I say sweetly, No, I just need five HNS, or No, I just need some MSM today (MSM is just gelatin, but if you feel better spending $25 than $100 it's the way to go, and it is a good anti-aging pill.)

I believe in the program, and my hat is off to anyone who can afford the 100s of dollars it costs to take everything they tell you to. But for me, there are certain things they try to sell me that I must say no to, or simply distract the counselor with another cheaper item to buy that day. I am someone who needed to learn to say no and stand up for myself, and ironically, MRC is teaching me how to do that as well as healthier eating. I understand what you are going through, but I think it's legitimate to say no to a lot of what they try to sell you.

If anyone from MRC is reading this, tell your center managers to stop it with the high pressure sales. I don't care if you are keeping track of what I bought and when, I know what I want to buy and that's that.

Hvnlymzic
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Preach it CJay!! When i was on plan the first time, I told them to put a note in my file that I didn't want to buy any supplements other than what I specifically requested and they did. I was very very firm about it and they took note. I started this time buying what i wanted and not even asking about other stuff. If they ever offer anything else I'll tell them no. I'm not on the plan to pay for tons of pills...i'm honestly on it for the support they offer and they can't do that if they are pressuring me...when they do that it makes me want to skip out on my WIs.

Audrey1
11-17-2009, 07:45 PM
on it for the support they offer and they can't do that if they are pressuring me..

This is one of the main reasons I signed up. I need encouragement and support.
I just hope I can shake this bad feeling I have. I haven't even been to my first official WI yet.
I have been keeping to the program (for the whole two days I have been on it) and will keep up with it. :) I hope it works and I can lose it and keep it off this time.

There is another center near me. Maybe I will try going there.

Thank you both for confirmation that it isn't just me that feels that way about the selling.

Lori123321
11-18-2009, 02:34 AM

The thought process is that you are given a specific amount of protein with the supplements that fit into the program. Each meal is formulated to burn a specific amount of calories while providing less. I don't remember exactly but something like eating 350 cal and burning 500. Also, other protein items sometimes have to many carbs so be careful and check the nutrients list.

Fifties Lady
11-18-2009, 08:37 AM
The thought process is that you are given a specific amount of protein with the supplements that fit into the program. Each meal is formulated to burn a specific amount of calories while providing less. I don't remember exactly but something like eating 350 cal and burning 500. Also, other protein items sometimes have to many carbs so be careful and check the nutrients list.

Thanks Lori...always a voice of reason. I was just curious what the HNS's really do. Glad to see you....you have been absent for awhile. :hug:

sexyrene
11-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello, I have been experiencing fatigue for the last couple of days.
Could this be due to the change in my diet?
I have been getting up at night more to go with all of the liquid that I have been consuming and I get up at 5am but I do go to bed early.
I am taking oils, multivitamin and HNS's and staying OP totally.
I'm normally a very hyper, energetic person.
What do you guys think?
Sexyrene

leigh34
11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Sexyrene,

I am curious also. I am by no means hyper or energentic, but find I am very tired and worn out in the evenings. In addition to what you are taking, I also am taking trace minerals (supposed to help with energy??). It is getting very frustrating trying to get anything done once the kids go to bed as I just want to join them! I hope it is just temporary.

dance4ever
11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
sexyrene & Leigh34,
I was also very worn out with no energy when I first started program. It is from the reduction of carbs and caffeine. I promise it will pass and you will actually have more energy than ever before. Hang in there! It takes about 2-3 weeks.

iluvindiana
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I find that if I have a HNS about 4-5 oclock, and then eat around 6:30 that I feel full and have some extra energy for the rest of the evening.

CndLou
11-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Hello Everyone! I am a newbie and have mixed feelings about MRC. I really want to lose weight and like that this plan involves real food, however after reading pages of posts I feel that MRC is not real upfront about all the supplements. I am willing to give it a try though because I do agree that much of that money towards healthy supplements might have gone towards junky food. I hope to find the consultants supportive and not pushy or rude like I have read in some posts. I guess I have a little anxiety and hope my usual optimism will bring me through. It has been eye-opening reading all the posts and I look forward to losing weight with you all in the future!

CndLou
11-19-2009, 01:17 AM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wFewZAE/weight.png
[/url]

Joy2MeNu
11-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Hello Everyone! I am a newbie and have mixed feelings about MRC. I really want to lose weight and like that this plan involves real food, however after reading pages of posts I feel that MRC is not real upfront about all the supplements. I am willing to give it a try though because I do agree that much of that money towards healthy supplements might have gone towards junky food. I hope to find the consultants supportive and not pushy or rude like I have read in some posts. I guess I have a little anxiety and hope my usual optimism will bring me through. It has been eye-opening reading all the posts and I look forward to losing weight with you all in the future!

I have never experienced pushieness, pressure, impatience, or rudeness. When you go for your initial meeting, if they do not impress you, then just drop it like a hot potato. They should answer all your questions, help you determine what program you will need, cost for that period of time, provide info & pricing of supplements, weigh and measure you. The program does work, but it is too big of a commitment and investment to deal with people that aren't compassionate to your mission.:listen:

iluvindiana
11-19-2009, 04:23 PM

I very much like the program. You are right, you can eat real food and you are making a life style change.
I do feel like they are "secretive" about the ins and outs of the program. That is why I like coming to this forum so that I can learn why I am eating how I am eating and what the next stage has in store for me.
I don't think you will be disappointed with the program.
Good luck.

CndLou
11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the input Joy2MeNu & iluvindiana! I am going to the program instruction meeting tonight, my first meeting besides 2 consultations. I am expecting them to introduce me to the package that will involve supplements. So far I really like the foods I am eating because I know that they are healthy. I have tried Weight Watchers a couple times with minimal weight loss and agree with their program, however personally did not like tracking points. I also tended to eat a lot of carb, low-fat foods. MRC seems to be a better program for my needs and I am really committed to stay OP (it took me a little while to figure out what OP meant. At first I thought it was a supplement, haha!). I feel good going through this program with others that are experiencing or have experienced (blog) the same thing. I guess I will be weighing in, WI, tonight so I hope to post some good news. The MRC lingo is as difficult to keep up with as my students...OP, WI, MRC, 10-6, etc... :) Hope everyone's day is going swell and it's good to know others struggle with their weight too. Sometimes the media makes it look like it's so easy to be healthy and I find it to be quite a battle. Best wishes!

Audrey1
11-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Hope you have/had a great first night. I felt it was more of an opportunity to sell even more stuff.
I am sticking with the program and at my first WI I had lost 8lbs so something is working right.
I know that personally, I have to stand up for myself more and just say NO.
Good luck!:)

CndLou
11-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Well I went to my meeting last night and dropped 3 pounds. I didn't feel pressured at all. So, hopefully this is a sign that my center is going to be supportive. She did suggest and teach about all the supplements but did NOT push anything. I feel good about this decision. It is going to be difficult to give up MILK - I love milk!! So if anyone has found any good substitutions...please share. Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :^:

sexyrene
11-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Hello everyone, I have been enjoying your posts but have a question.
I want to go Off Program on Thanksgiving day and have talked to my center about it, she suggest the fat blocker but also says that it may be 3 days before my body starts back losing the weight. What is the point of the fat blocker?
Should I just save my $$ and just drinks lots of water and not pig out?

Also, do you use condiments: steak sauce, ketchup?
Will it hurt me a lot? Your feedback would be appreciated.
sexyrene

RonnieAdl
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Hello everyone, I have been enjoying your posts but have a question.
I want to go Off Program on Thanksgiving day and have talked to my center about it, she suggest the fat blocker but also says that it may be 3 days before my body starts back losing the weight. What is the point of the fat blocker?
Should I just save my $$ and just drinks lots of water and not pig out?

sexyrene

Ya know, that is a hard question to answer.. For me personally I am only 10 pounds away from my goal and the closer I stick to the program the sooner I will get there. Plus I just don't think I can go in on Friday and tell them I ate a bunch of stuff I know I shouldn't have. I want to get to my goal and start stabilization by Dec and not have to sign up again so for me it just isn't worth it. I know if I go off plan I may never get back on and I am so close I don't want to blow it. You may be able to eat off plan and get back on, but for me having done Medifast and had to face Thanksgiving last year, I know that was my downfall. I think it just depends on you. For me I think that very thing is what got me here in the first place and I don't want to risk it. I don't want to dig my grave with my knife and fork.. I think it is going to be a challenge but I have to realize this is how it is going to be from here on out unless I want to put all that weigh back on.. You need to do what you feel is right for you.. Personally I think I would not buy the fat and carb blockers. They also block the good fat that you need.. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Cheers!

Ronnie:o

sexyrene
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Thank you for your honest opinion RonnieAdl, I just wanted to get some other thoughts on my dilema. I'm just really getting started and don't want to sabotage my efforts. This forum has been a God send and have answered so many questions and concerns.
Be Blessed,
sexyrene

Hvnlymzic
11-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Audrey - glad to see you had a good loss...did you get your questions answered? I don't buy my multi-vit from them. It's a plain ol' one-a-day. Never had a problem with it.

sexyrene - I was gonna go offplan on Thansgiving too, but had a bad week (traveling) last week and gained a little...so now i'm rethinking. But if I had done it, I wouldn't have taken anything else. I'd have done my HNS and regular supplements, but nothing added. If i'm gonna make an offplan decision, i'm gonna take it like a big girl and deal with the gain. There are no real shortcuts in weightloss anyway. Ketchup and steak sauce both have LOTS of sugar in them. So if you're gonna use them while offplan, go sparingly. Mustard is relatively good (i use it on plan, lightly, when chicken comes out too dry). I'm leaning toward sticking to the plan through the holiday rather than cheating because i owe it to myself.

reuselady
11-24-2009, 11:12 PM
sexyrene

Heinz makes a low sugar Ketchup - haven't tried it yet but it has similar calories to mustard. Dijonaise is a good spicy mustard mayo mix but it was too spicy for me so I mixed it half and half with MRC mayo. I had been On Program for six weeks when we went on vacation last summer - I had stuck to the Program very closely and had not had any cravings or desires to go off plan. While on vacation, I had cocktail sauce on shrimp a number of times, as well as packages of Balsamic Vinaigrette a couple of times. When we returned home, I started wanting sweet things and off programs things that I had had no desire for prior to going on vacation. I now think it was do to the bit of sugar in the cocktail sauce and the vinaigrette. It took 3 days of resistance before I had no more cravings. If I can keep away from eating any sugar (especially High Fructose Corn Syrup) I have great "will power" so I just resist - easier than fighting the urges for 3 days! Good Luck to you what ever you decide and have a Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Audrey1
11-25-2009, 01:20 AM
I weighed in yesterday and I have lost a total of 11 lbs. Which is amazing.
I switched to a different center and I am MUCH happier. They haven't pushed me to buy anything. They are all really nice. I hope when I hit a plateau they will help and not just push me to buy supplements.
I am going to go off plan Thanksgiving day. Only for dinner though and go right back on the next day. I am also going to lower the amount of carbs that I usually eat. I know myself well enough to know that if I don't have a more "normal" dinner Thursday I will feel like I am being punished and will spiral out of control.
I have been working out also and I feel really good. Much better than the first week.
Good luck all!

iluvindiana
11-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Well I went to my meeting last night and dropped 3 pounds. I didn't feel pressured at all. So, hopefully this is a sign that my center is going to be supportive. She did suggest and teach about all the supplements but did NOT push anything. I feel good about this decision. It is going to be difficult to give up MILK - I love milk!! So if anyone has found any good substitutions...please share. Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :^:

Yes, I love milk also and it was one of the hardest foods that I gave up. There is a recipe with the vanilla pudding and chai tea that tastes like the real chai tea made with milk. I drink one at night to relax.

I was in Weight Watchers in the 70's (gosh does that date me:() and this MRC diet reminds me of how WW's was structured back then. The big difference is that the WW program back then would let me have certain "free foods" that I could have whenever. There is no snacking on the MRC diet. I miss that too.

Great decision on joining and congrats on losing 3 lbs so quickly.:p

CndLou
11-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I weighed in yesterday and I have lost a total of 11 lbs. Which is amazing.
I switched to a different center and I am MUCH happier. They haven't pushed me to buy anything. They are all really nice. I hope when I hit a plateau they will help and not just push me to buy supplements.
I am going to go off plan Thanksgiving day. Only for dinner though and go right back on the next day. I am also going to lower the amount of carbs that I usually eat. I know myself well enough to know that if I don't have a more "normal" dinner Thursday I will feel like I am being punished and will spiral out of control.
I have been working out also and I feel really good. Much better than the first week.
Good luck all!
CONGRATS ON LOSING 11 LBS & finding a center you like!! :)

CndLou
11-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes, I love milk also and it was one of the hardest foods that I gave up. There is a recipe with the vanilla pudding and chai tea that tastes like the real chai tea made with milk. I drink one at night to relax.

I was in Weight Watchers in the 70's (gosh does that date me:() and this MRC diet reminds me of how WW's was structured back then. The big difference is that the WW program back then would let me have certain "free foods" that I could have whenever. There is no snacking on the MRC diet. I miss that too.

Great decision on joining and congrats on losing 3 lbs so quickly.:p

Thanks! Is the chai tea recipe in the MRC cookbook? I love chai tea so this may be a great recipe for me!! In response to WW...I felt hungry a lot while on this program. I have never cut sugar and carbs like what I'm cutting now and so far the cravings have been under control!! This is the BEST part for me so far. I had no idea that carbs & sugar made you crave so much or how much sugar I was actually eating before program. I really enjoy all the posts from people - thanks for all the great info!!

CndLou
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Hello Everyone, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family & friends. Tomorrow is day 4 of the yellow menu for me. Whoot whoot!! The previous suggestions sure have helped with the salad overload....adding cottage cheese and "cukes" (cucumbers) are a life saver on that 8 oz. lunch salad!!!! I went to SAM's Club and bought a bunch of OP veggies - frzn & bagged and then took them home and had a slice&dice festival!! ha! It has helped in preparation!! How does everyone mix their HSN - with ice? I like it but do not love it. I wish it was creamy like milk, yum! I WI tomorrow so will post hopefully good results!! :)

Keiko
11-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Hello Everyone, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family & friends. Tomorrow is day 4 of the yellow menu for me. Whoot whoot!! The previous suggestions sure have helped with the salad overload....adding cottage cheese and "cukes" (cucumbers) are a life saver on that 8 oz. lunch salad!!!! I went to SAM's Club and bought a bunch of OP veggies - frzn & bagged and then took them home and had a slice&dice festival!! ha! It has helped in preparation!! How does everyone mix their HSN - with ice? I like it but do not love it. I wish it was creamy like milk, yum! I WI tomorrow so will post hopefully good results!! :)

Good luck to you at WI! I mix the clear's with about 4oz of water from my Brita pitcher & the powders with about 6oz. I also like to mix a bit of the powders (wildberry) with my cottage cheese (for a bit of variety) & then I use the rest of the pkg with water. Have a good week.:)

iluvindiana
11-30-2009, 07:49 AM

Actually, I drink the cranberry tea straight from the package. Less fuss and no mess.

Fifties Lady
11-30-2009, 08:52 AM
I like my HNS's (concentrated) over ice! I have the orange or grape in the morning with my wonderful eggs (getting tired of eggs)! Then my favorite is the Mixed Berry for lunch and dinner, unless I am using the creamies for cooking with. When I first started, I was in a rut with the same old lunch day after day....now that I have found the Chicken, Cranberry and apple salad, I'm in heaven. And there are so many ways to make this salad with other ingredients and still be OP. And it does make a large bowl for lunch...it's very hard to finish it all. Last night I got out my Vidalia Onion Wizard which I received about two years ago as a Xmas gift, never even had it out of the box...and it is amazing for dicing. I diced celery and apples and put them in containers so the salad is so easy now to prepare each morning. The only think I need to dice are the green onions. I put the cranberries in the magic bullet and it's done in seconds. Just dicing the chicken, and that isn't very hard, although I wonder if I could have done it in the Chopper Wizard also? Have to give it a try.

Hvnlymzic
11-30-2009, 01:29 PM
FL - Thats a great idea!! I hadn't thought about using the onion dicing thing for other veggies...duh. Thats awesome! Do you know how much quicker my lunch prep will go now!? yay!

Fifties Lady
11-30-2009, 02:02 PM
FL - Thats a great idea!! I hadn't thought about using the onion dicing thing for other veggies...duh. Thats awesome! Do you know how much quicker my lunch prep will go now!? yay!

I know...I was having so much fun with the celery that I kind of went overboard...lol...but it works great. Have to cut it in about 8 parts to have it fit on the dice area, but it goes so fast. I hope the chicken works too...then my salad will really be a snap! I can't believe I let it set in the box so long. I could have saved some nails!!! Live and learn..:dizzy:

iluvindiana
11-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks! Is the chai tea recipe in the MRC cookbook? I love chai tea so this may be a great recipe for me!! In response to WW...I felt hungry a lot while on this program. I have never cut sugar and carbs like what I'm cutting now and so far the cravings have been under control!! This is the BEST part for me so far. I had no idea that carbs & sugar made you crave so much or how much sugar I was actually eating before program. I really enjoy all the posts from people - thanks for all the great info!!

No the Chai recipe is not in the cookbook, but I got it off this site...somewhere.

iluvindiana
11-30-2009, 04:05 PM
I like my HNS's (concentrated) over ice! I have the orange or grape in the morning with my wonderful eggs (getting tired of eggs)! Then my favorite is the Mixed Berry for lunch and dinner, unless I am using the creamies for cooking with. When I first started, I was in a rut with the same old lunch day after day....now that I have found the Chicken, Cranberry and apple salad, I'm in heaven. And there are so many ways to make this salad with other ingredients and still be OP. And it does make a large bowl for lunch...it's very hard to finish it all. Last night I got out my Vidalia Onion Wizard which I received about two years ago as a Xmas gift, never even had it out of the box...and it is amazing for dicing. I diced celery and apples and put them in containers so the salad is so easy now to prepare each morning. The only think I need to dice are the green onions. I put the cranberries in the magic bullet and it's done in seconds. Just dicing the chicken, and that isn't very hard, although I wonder if I could have done it in the Chopper Wizard also? Have to give it a try.

What (or where) is the chicken, cranberry, and apple salad recipe?

Hvnlymzic
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
The salad recipe is on pg 19 of the November main thread.

iluvindiana
11-30-2009, 04:19 PM
The salad recipe is on pg 19 of the November main thread.

thank you:carrot:

reuselady
11-30-2009, 08:41 PM
. . .Last night I got out my Vidalia Onion Wizard which I received about two years ago as a Xmas gift, never even had it out of the box...and it is amazing for dicing. . .

Just be sure to use the veggie holder - EVERY TIME!!! I just had the 5 stitches taken out of my baby finger that didn't stay out of the way of the blade. I bought a similar mandolin veggie slicer in Sept after cutting veggies all summer. I had been so careful to use the holder everytime until 2 weeks ago when I was going to cut up a yellow squash and a zucchini. I used a knife and cut one slice and remembered the mandolin - grabbed it but forgot to get the holder. Cut 3-4 beautiful slices and caught the pad of my baby finger on the next slice. I do not think I will forget ever again, but I think it is a design flaw that the holder does not snap on to protect the blade when not in use. If it had been there, I would have used it - I'm going to rubberband them together from now on. I still really love it - it does such a wonderful job of slicing/dicing/julienne so many different veggies and fruit even. So everyone, enjoy slicing and dicing but do it safely! jeanette

Fifties Lady
11-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Just be sure to use the veggie holder - EVERY TIME!!! I just had the 5 stitches taken out of my baby finger that didn't stay out of the way of the blade. I bought a similar mandolin veggie slicer in Sept after cutting veggies all summer. I had been so careful to use the holder everytime until 2 weeks ago when I was going to cut up a yellow squash and a zucchini. I used a knife and cut one slice and remembered the mandolin - grabbed it but forgot to get the holder. Cut 3-4 beautiful slices and caught the pad of my baby finger on the next slice. I do not think I will forget ever again, but I think it is a design flaw that the holder does not snap on to protect the blade when not in use. If it had been there, I would have used it - I'm going to rubberband them together from now on. I still really love it - it does such a wonderful job of slicing/dicing/julienne so many different veggies and fruit even. So everyone, enjoy slicing and dicing but do it safely! jeanette

Jeanette,

That sounds awful with your fingers getting butchered. Yikes. I think my Chopper Wizard must be different, it doesn't have a holder. Below is mine:

http://www.amazon.com/ECOMM-VIDALIA-WIZARD-VOWR-2-CHOPPER/dp/B000XB9FY8

CndLou
11-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Good luck to you at WI! I mix the clear's with about 4oz of water from my Brita pitcher & the powders with about 6oz. I also like to mix a bit of the powders (wildberry) with my cottage cheese (for a bit of variety) & then I use the rest of the pkg with water. Have a good week.:)

Wildberry with cottage cheese - that sounds interesting, I'm going to try that. Down 1.5 today - :dizzy: I'm a teacher and we have had more temptations since I started preOP!! Baby shower today, more goodies than you can imagine. Before Thanksgiving, it was Birthday DAY for all November birthdays with sugar galore!!! A load of sweets from parents (presents)!! STOP the madness!! haha! I LOVE teaching but have forced myself to stay away from the LOUNGE! No wonder I have packed on the pounds, feel suddenly aware now. I have been doing pretty darn good all considering. My pants are looser and that has been worth ALL the effort thus far!! Whoever said, "nothing feels as good as thin (losing weight)," was right on!! I know some days will be more difficult than others. I had the kiwi concentrate today and LOVED it!! What a life-saver being surrounded by all those desserts. :eek:

CndLou
12-01-2009, 12:00 AM
No the Chai recipe is not in the cookbook, but I got it off this site...somewhere.

I will keep my eyes peeled for it. I still have a lot of threads to read, especially recipes. I am trying to read some every night. Great motivator!! :D

CndLou
12-01-2009, 12:07 AM

Chicken, Cranberry, & apple salad sounds DELISH!! I don't think I can have it yet being on day 5 tomorrow, but I do get a CREAMIE...yahooo! Something else to look forward to eating. I'm just darn excited to have an egg for breakfast tomorrow!! Thanks for the link to the Vidalia Onion Wizard - looks like a great tool. My husband has already commented on the new fixtures in the kitchen...food scale, magic bullet, containers full of diced veggies - the Vidalia Onion might just send him overboard, haha! :broc:

Keiko
12-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Wildberry with cottage cheese - that sounds interesting, I'm going to try that. Down 1.5 today - :dizzy: I'm a teacher and we have had more temptations since I started preOP!! Baby shower today, more goodies than you can imagine. Before Thanksgiving, it was Birthday DAY for all November birthdays with sugar galore!!! A load of sweets from parents (presents)!! STOP the madness!! haha! I LOVE teaching but have forced myself to stay away from the LOUNGE! No wonder I have packed on the pounds, feel suddenly aware now. I have been doing pretty darn good all considering. My pants are looser and that has been worth ALL the effort thus far!! Whoever said, "nothing feels as good as thin (losing weight)," was right on!! I know some days will be more difficult than others. I had the kiwi concentrate today and LOVED it!! What a life-saver being surrounded by all those desserts. :eek:

Well done CndLou! That's great with all those tempting treats abound and wonderful you can feel the difference in your clothing! I have to remind myself that food is more about nutrition than tasting good sometimes! There is a nice variety of HNS, from the cran-grape, pink lemonade, etc.,. Also the creamies can help when you want a treat. The choc crisps and cocoa are both pretty good options, as well as the puddings (I like to add a drop of extract to the puddings for flavor). There is a great recipe blog (mrcrecipes.blogspot.com) that is really helpful. It was really helpful for me to spice up my routine of chicken, chicken and more chicken! Also I use some of the Walden Farms products (spicy BBQ sauce and salad dressings....some centers may not approve - but some do from what I understand). Also someone recommended McCormicks low sodium chilli seasoning (I found at Walmart) which has been great option with ground buffalo, turkey, beef. Have a good OP week!

Fifties Lady
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Chicken, Cranberry, & apple salad sounds DELISH!! I don't think I can have it yet being on day 5 tomorrow, but I do get a CREAMIE...yahooo! Something else to look forward to eating. I'm just darn excited to have an egg for breakfast tomorrow!! Thanks for the link to the Vidalia Onion Wizard - looks like a great tool. My husband has already commented on the new fixtures in the kitchen...food scale, magic bullet, containers full of diced veggies - the Vidalia Onion might just send him overboard, haha! :broc:

CndLou, I had to laugh about your husband's comments about the new fixtures...our kitchen counter must look like yours....bullet, scale, dicer, Mrs. Dash seasonings...etc. I need a counter just for myself...but it doesn't do any good putting it away after each use, I'm for having everything handy each time I prepare my meal. The Vidalia Onion can be purchased at Target in case you want to get one. Don't know why I let it set in the box for two years??? Actually I have been having fun with it. :D

sexyrene
12-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Hello everyone, I am excited. I WI today and have lost 14 inches and a total of 10lbs. YAY!!!
Your posts are so helpful, encouraging and motivating. You have me hooked on reading this daily. I was discouraged when I got to MRC because of Thanksgiving day when I ate off program and gained 3 lbs but I either walked, rode the bike or did aerobics everyday until WI to get it back off. It worked and I was down 2 more lbs totalling 10. The support of you guys is awesome and I will work hard this month to continue dropping. The water is really an adjustment because I live in the restroom, but I just pray that it is working. I wish you all success this month as we attempt to reach our goals, someone mentioned making small goals monthly and I think I will join in so that
I don't put too much pressure on myself.
sexyrene

Fifties Lady
12-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Instead of living in a restroom, I think a new invention should be a little red wagon with a port-a-potty on it so we can just stop and go when needed. Of course it will have a shower curtain around the wagon for privacy. I think I had better get to the drawing board and get this pattened fast!! Hey...can't you just see me on the info-commercials on TV? Maybe I can follow the Magic Bullet to attract a bigger audience.

sexyrene
12-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Sounds good to me Fifties lady!!

iluvindiana
12-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Well done CndLou! That's great with all those tempting treats abound and wonderful you can feel the difference in your clothing! I have to remind myself that food is more about nutrition than tasting good sometimes! There is a nice variety of HNS, from the cran-grape, pink lemonade, etc.,. Also the creamies can help when you want a treat. The choc crisps and cocoa are both pretty good options, as well as the puddings (I like to add a drop of extract to the puddings for flavor). There is a great recipe blog (mrcrecipes.blogspot.com) that is really helpful. It was really helpful for me to spice up my routine of chicken, chicken and more chicken! Also I use some of the Walden Farms products (spicy BBQ sauce and salad dressings....some centers may not approve - but some do from what I understand). Also someone recommended McCormicks low sodium chilli seasoning (I found at Walmart) which has been great option with ground buffalo, turkey, beef. Have a good OP week!

I too am a teacher and you are so right about all the food in the lounge, not to mention smelling the yeast rolls or biscuits baking all morning from the cafeteria. Temptation, temptation, temptation.

leigh529
12-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi,
I am going to my free consultation on Saturday and hope to be able to afford to sign up. Christmas present to myself. I noticed there are a lot of Nebraska people that post to this site. I am going to the Omaha center. I have been dieting my whole life and have been successful several times. The hardest part has been maintaining. I am hoping to find motivation here and support as I will be a long distance member. This seems to be such a great place to get advice and to help each other in our journey. I hope to be joining you all soon.

CndLou
12-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Instead of living in a restroom, I think a new invention should be a little red wagon with a port-a-potty on it so we can just stop and go when needed. Of course it will have a shower curtain around the wagon for privacy. I think I had better get to the drawing board and get this pattened fast!! Hey...can't you just see me on the info-commercials on TV? Maybe I can follow the Magic Bullet to attract a bigger audience.

Ohhh, I can so see that!! haha! That is just what we need and then my husband can really freak out...imagine...."sweetie, what is that red thing doing in the kitchen?" haha! Actually, being a teacher it's tough to get to the bathroom. When I have to go - I HAVE TO GO!! Thankfully, I have great volunteers, sometimes aids, and a great teaching partner who covers me while I run to the bathroom! :dizzy:

CndLou
12-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I too am a teacher and you are so right about all the food in the lounge, not to mention smelling the yeast rolls or biscuits baking all morning from the cafeteria. Temptation, temptation, temptation.

Yeah for teachers!!! I have packed on the pounds since I've been a teacher, but I do love it so (NOT the pounds)!! I just have to change my habits, gosh darn it!! Oh, and how about those CINNAMON ROLLs - that the cafeteria cooks for breakfast??? Although, this morning I was so organized (so I thought). I had my lunch packed and ready to go. I took all my bags out to my car and guess which one I forgot??? My LUNCH, ahhh! I panicked! I was about to go back and get my lunch, however didn't know if I could make it back in time (new snow, icy roads). So, I simply asked our wonderful cafeteria manager if she had any protein like chicken or tuna that I could have with the salad bar? She boiled me two eggs and said, "that is so good that you are trying to eat healthy?" Wasn't that the best!?! I also put an emergency HSN in my purse and it came in handy!! I think that is a good tip for newbies - "Carry a emergency pack of HSN." :p

CndLou
12-03-2009, 01:08 AM

I tried the cottage cheese with HSN and LOVE it!! Thanks so much for the tip Keiko!!

CndLou
12-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Hello everyone, I am excited. I WI today and have lost 14 inches and a total of 10lbs. YAY!!!
Your posts are so helpful, encouraging and motivating. You have me hooked on reading this daily. I was discouraged when I got to MRC because of Thanksgiving day when I ate off program and gained 3 lbs but I either walked, rode the bike or did aerobics everyday until WI to get it back off. It worked and I was down 2 more lbs totalling 10. The support of you guys is awesome and I will work hard this month to continue dropping. The water is really an adjustment because I live in the restroom, but I just pray that it is working. I wish you all success this month as we attempt to reach our goals, someone mentioned making small goals monthly and I think I will join in so that
I don't put too much pressure on myself.
sexyrene

Hootie Hoo, sexyrene!!!! I want to make small goals too and I think I am close to getting my ticker!! :carrot:

iluvindiana
12-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah for teachers!!! I have packed on the pounds since I've been a teacher, but I do love it so (NOT the pounds)!! I just have to change my habits, gosh darn it!! Oh, and how about those CINNAMON ROLLs - that the cafeteria cooks for breakfast??? Although, this morning I was so organized (so I thought). I had my lunch packed and ready to go. I took all my bags out to my car and guess which one I forgot??? My LUNCH, ahhh! I panicked! I was about to go back and get my lunch, however didn't know if I could make it back in time (new snow, icy roads). So, I simply asked our wonderful cafeteria manager if she had any protein like chicken or tuna that I could have with the salad bar? She boiled me two eggs and said, "that is so good that you are trying to eat healthy?" Wasn't that the best!?! I also put an emergency HSN in my purse and it came in handy!! I think that is a good tip for newbies - "Carry a emergency pack of HSN." :p

Love it;)
Yes, I keep a drawer with HNS and a couple of baggies with my lunch pills for those days I forget to pack. And I carry the "carb/fat" blockers in my vehicle for those "cheat moments" that I get caught unaware.
I gained 2 pounds, and I deserved that gain. Shame on me, but once I went off for T-sgiving.....well you know:devil:
I saw your time stamp...were you really up at 1AM or is that just the time difference (I am in southern Indiana). I'm rarely up past 10 anymore.
Have a great MRC day:hug:

CndLou
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Love it;)
Yes, I keep a drawer with HNS and a couple of baggies with my lunch pills for those days I forget to pack. And I carry the "carb/fat" blockers in my vehicle for those "cheat moments" that I get caught unaware.
I gained 2 pounds, and I deserved that gain. Shame on me, but once I went off for T-sgiving.....well you know:devil:
I saw your time stamp...were you really up at 1AM or is that just the time difference (I am in southern Indiana). I'm rarely up past 10 anymore.
Have a great MRC day:hug:
That's a good idea to keep a drawer with a box of HNS and carb/fat blocker, I will do that. 2 pounds isn't so bad...and we always have the info and tools to get right back on. I noticed that we have the same goal!! Yes, I was up late working on a paper-it was more like 12ish though. I am attempting to get my master's degree and was having a tough time writing, ughhhh! I will be up late tonight too. I am almost done and I am just at that point when I want to "get er DONE." It's lingering and driving me crazy!! Thank goodness for HSN, it keeps me feeling satisfied so I won't snack during those stressful writing moments. I normally go to bed around 9ish. I am beat by evening! Hope your day was fantastic!! :hug:

rip
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Fifties Lady,
Could you please incorporate the following into your lil red wagon. HNS dispenser with 5 different flavors, a pill dispenser and a water dispenser. I would so greatly appreciate it. :)

I spend my days, going to the bathroom, fixing hns, taking pills and filling my water up...with all that who has time to eat.

gottobefit
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone. I have a newbie question. I am currently on the yellow menu days 1-4. (I can't wait to get to day 5- I am on salad overload!) Anyway I am confused and need some input please. I see on the paper it says NO DIET SODA but I thought it was ok to drink Diet Rite? After looking at it all again I'm afraid I have been drinking it when maybe I shouldn't have??? Please let me know If that just means Diet Coke or if it infact means no Diet Rite as well.

Thanks!

porchmom84
12-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Sorry to tell you it means NO diet soda. You'll go to 16 oz of Diet Rite on day 5 (No Diet Coke). I was a Diet Coke NUT so for me to transition to Diet Rite was major in my mind....but yet wasn't as hard as expected once I got there....
Today is a new day.

Fifties Lady
12-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Fifties Lady,
Could you please incorporate the following into your lil red wagon. HNS dispenser with 5 different flavors, a pill dispenser and a water dispenser. I would so greatly appreciate it. :)

I spend my days, going to the bathroom, fixing hns, taking pills and filling my water up...with all that who has time to eat.

You bet...working on the plan changes now!! Anyone else have any suggestions before the blueprint is done?:?::?::?:

gottobefit
12-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry to tell you it means NO diet soda. You'll go to 16 oz of Diet Rite on day 5 (No Diet Coke). I was a Diet Coke NUT so for me to transition to Diet Rite was major in my mind....but yet wasn't as hard as expected once I got there....
Today is a new day.

OH NO! Here I had thought I was doing so good :?: I LOVE my diet coke and I thought doing away with it was horrible. So have I really messed things up These past two days? If so please tell me and I am off to get a donut (or 2) and start over tomorrow. LOL

CndLou
12-09-2009, 12:39 AM
You bet...working on the plan changes now!! Anyone else have any suggestions before the blueprint is done?:?::?::?:

This is cracking me up!! Thanks for the laughs :)