100 lb. Club - Do you ever keep your weight loss to yourself?

Ryanne
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I was down another pound this morning, but I wanted to savor the victory alone. I wanted to enjoy it without anyone "spoiling" my moment. Do any of you do this? :?:

Onederchic
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't. I usually jump on here and post a big hallelujah :D

salsa chip
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't. I usually jump on here and post a big hallelujah :D

This! ;)

WhitePicketFences
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh, yes. Except for my husband and 3fc!

CamiToo
09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't. I usually jump on here and post a big hallelujah :D :rofl:

If I lose a tenth of a pound I change my ticker. Losing a half pound is cause for me to tell everyone I know because well, if I've lost a half pound, I'm awesome and they should hear about it!:D

Onederchic
09-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Dang right, CamiToo!! :D :hug:

TJFitnessDiva
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't shout it out unless I've hit one of my goals :) I love to savor my moment with just myself for the little ones!

Diva
09-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I tend to actually do better when I keep it to myself. If I start boasting and bragging and drawing attention to myself, I'll surely screw up. lol:D

Ryanne
09-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I tend to actually do better when I keep it to myself. If I start boasting and bragging and drawing attention to myself, I'll surely screw up. lol:D

LOL! :D

nooch
09-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I only tell once a week - I try not to get too excited about new lows until they've stuck around for a few days.

findingfawn
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I only tell once a week - I try not to get too excited about new lows until they've stuck around for a few days.

me too :)

JayEll
09-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I always kept it to myself, except for my SO. It's nobody else's business, and I didn't want the unnecessary questions and comments.

Jay

bnorah
09-08-2009, 01:27 PM

This happens to me too. I'm always afraid that I'll jinx myself if I start talking about my success. I don't announce until it's at least 2-3 lbs.

FitGirlyGirl
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I will tell hubby because he is my best cheerleader, but other than him and medical people I don't usually tell anyone irl unless I hit a goal or they ask how it's going. As for online, sometimes I tell and sometimes I wait until I get to a goal.

ANewCreation
09-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I only share, in person, with my immediate family. They are my cheerleaders! I only share once a week. Whether I've stalled, gained or lost I share with them.

However, I crow like a bird on this site over the least little victory!!!! There are so many places to share my victories here. Be it being able to cross my legs comfortably or buy a size smaller or report a 3# wt loss over the week--I'm all over this site!

It just feels safer here. I get just sheer happiness for a fellow struggler who has made it over one of many humps.

TaraLee
09-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I will tell hubby because he is my best cheerleader, but other than him and medical people I don't usually tell anyone irl unless I hit a goal or they ask how it's going. As for online, sometimes I tell and sometimes I wait until I get to a goal.

Me to a "T." For the most part, I keep the small victories to myself. About two times a week I tell hubby (TBH, I'm fishing for the cheering on he readily offers up that I generally need about that point). On here, I don't post actual threads, I just keep up my challenges and tickers once a week, unless its an actual goal or "big" accomplishment for me.

bcort
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I haven't told anyone that I'm trying to lose weight except for this board. I mentioned in passing to my husband the other night that I had lost some weight - his first response was "really!?" then he said good for you. He is very good about not letting my weight be an issue, & finds me attractive, & doesn't think I'm fat, but at the same time, he's heard me say I want to lose weight about a million times over the years & I've never done it, so he's probably skeptical.

TXJess
09-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't tell my husband exact numbers but I tell him I've lost a bit more here and there. He's always super supportive no matter if it's weight loss or some other aspect of my life so I don't feel the need to keep anything from him.

The only others I've actually told my goal is to lose weight is my mom and my sister. They're both supportive in their own way. My mom I couldn't really avoid telling because we go out to lunch once a week and I have to avoid our old stand-by's (Cheesy Mexican, creamy pasta sauces etc) and my sister is a wealth of good (non-fad) nutrition and health information.

Other than that, people can bite me. If I mess up I don't want people snickering and if I have a bad day (i.e. sunday night :o ) I don't freaking want to be judged.

Overall though I think to each their own. Some people like the accountability however I am an extremely private person. :shrug:

momof5k
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I update my stats here regularly but tell basically no one in real life. There is a part of me that is still so ashamed of how much I have to lose (from the beginning) and how heavy I was that I don't advertise what I have lost as that may give it away.

Stupid, I know :(

JustSharing83
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Hy husband and I weigh in together and I post it on here, but other than that, I don't really feel like talking about it with anyone else. Weight has always been such a sensitive and uncomfortable topic for me, so even when it's in a more positive light, I still want nothing to do with it.

Sooo the only other person that knows I'm trying to lose is my mom. She used to ask every day how much I'd lost, but that bothered me for some reason, so I talked to her about how it's a slow process and I wasn't going to see results daily. Now she rarely ever mentions it.