WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for the Month of September

jar1965
09-07-2009, 07:47 AM
HI Girls! Just thought I'd start the new thread for September! Happy Labor Day and heres some willpower dust to get us through the month!
:dust:

PS Tina - I don't know how to close the old thread!!!! Can ya help me out? Thanks friend!;)

maureen kempster
09-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I think we're all in denial that summer's almost over!!
have a good day on program

maureen

Tina
09-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Happy Labor Day to us all!!!!
Maureen, do y'all have a holiday like ours?

Jeanne, thanks sooooo much for starting us this month. :hug:
There's no need to close down the old thread. It'll just fall to the bottom of the list and finally be out of sight.
School shopping--I bet that's bitter sweet since this is your last one in school. Did you get something for yourself? :)

I went to Penney's and bought two tops. With all the sales going on, I got them for either $8 or $9 each. What a steal!

I hope everyone has a great holiday. There's no rain here today--just heat.
Larry and I are going out in search of cheap dining room chairs. :lol: We have this old table with only 3 chairs left. We've been using a folding chair for the 4th. I hope we find something. I've been looking in magazines. They show people using unmatching chairs. I don't know if my mind can handle that.
Have a good OP day.
:flow1:

maureen kempster
09-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi all

Yes Tina, we have today off too-same holiday as you but we spell it different lol-Labour Day here!!! the weather is just great not too hot and sunny-nice fall weather it's just too bad that our summer was so bad and short-oh well, I guess when it comes to weather and weight we're never satisfied.

hope we all have a great day-I'm totally off the wall with my program so again I'll say tomorrow

maureen

Tammy
09-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Jeanne, I need that willpower dust!!! Congrats on the new laptop!

Tina, the papers for the apartment are signed. It is going to be so nice for them, and it will be nice for me since they are close. Lauren's mom will have a daughter in Chicago, a son, dil, and granddaughter in Michigan, and now Lauren in this little town in Ohio.

I know several little cafes in the area that do the mismatched chair thing, and I think it's kind of neat! Have you had any luck on finding a place yet?

Maureen, as cool as it has been here most of the summer, I'm still waiting for summer!

Classes at the Y start this week. I need to get back into a routine!!

Tina
09-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi,
Maureen, that's a big difference in our holidays----a "U." :lol:
Tammy, I know you will miss Tim. It was so good when he came home after Bob passed away. But, he won't be too far away.
David's apartment is about 20 minutes from here. He comes to supper once a week. Sometimes he asks if he can bring his laundry. :lol: I say, "of course." I even let him use my detergent, if I'm not out.

How is everyone today---Sis, Susan, Dori...

We rented an apartment to stay in until we buy a townhouse. It's only two years old and is beautiful.
Today, we looked several places for cheap chairs. We didn't think they existed until we went to Ikea. We ordered two from there. (They even look very much like ours.)

Tammy
09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
I had told Tim that he could still do his laundry here instead of going to the laundrimat or buying a washer and dryer right away. He said he'd furnish his own soap and pay me a bit. I like that idea!! lol

That's great that you found a nice apartment. I have never been to Ikea, but I have heard so much about it. Might have to go there sometime. I'm not even sure where one is around here. Not real close, that's for sure.

jar1965
09-08-2009, 08:39 AM
:coffee:Good Morning everyone!

Tina - so jealous.......a townhouse!!!! New chairs!!!!! Ikea!!!!!!! haha! Glad Davids apt. is so close! Funny about the laundry! Jessica never left for school and still lives at home. But.......she is pretty serious with this super nice hard working boy!! haha! Can't tell I like this one! ;) (Finally a nice boy with a job)!!!!!

Tammy - so glad you had such a busy summer and Tim was around so much! Glad to hear he will be fairly close. Funny about his laundry too!!!! Are you enjoying this weather? Pretty soon we will be blessed with the picture of fall foilage!
woohooo! It is such a beautiful time in this area!

Hi Maureen, Dori, & Sis!

I'm off today! I have that Pulmonary Breathing Test today at 1:00! Last week I went to the allergy doctor for testing. I was allergic to everything!!!! They said from grass, to dust & mold! The allergy doctor said that there a few types of astma. In some patients instead of weezing, you are a cougher. Sooooo, perhaps that is what my coughing is from. Oh yea, and I have to go to the dr. office and get allergy shots now. He said 3 once a week. After awhile, maybe 10-14 days in between. Thank goodness for health insurance!!!
Today was Kaitlins first day of school. Yes Tina, bittersweet! We finished our shopping last night and she drove to school today. We all stood on the porch and waved and I still get emotional. Every year for a different reason or step in their lives. Oh well.
Well I better get going. I have a ton of laundry to do. Everyone works tonight and I will be home alone. woohoooo! haha! I say that now, but I'll be all lonely later!
Have a great day girls!

Tammy
09-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Jeanne, the weather has been wonderful! I always love to watch the leaves change. I noticed several bean fields today that are turning. That was the first that I had noticed that. How did the testing go?

Tina, how close will you be to David in the new place?

Hello to everyone else! Come and post! We miss you!!

Tina
09-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone,
Jeanne, I'm so sorry you're having those problems. But, maybe they'll be able to take care of things for you now.

Tammy, bean fields? What kinds of beans? I've never heard of that since we don't have such things around here.
We will not be any closer to David while in the apartment.
I hope your Y classes make you feel good. It's always good to get back to exercising.
I'm looking forward to the exercise room at the apt. They have all types of equipment in there. There's also a Spinning Room. I'm staying far away from that one. :lol:

I hope everyone else is doing fine. Like Tammy said, we miss you!

jar1965
09-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi Tina! I believe she is referring to soy bean fields. Lots of farmers, (I was married to one for 22 years) lots of soy bean fields!!!

Tammy
09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Yep, soybeans it is! I'm a definite country girl. Fields everywhere!

That's great about the exercise room at the apartments!!! LOL to spinning! I actually would like to give it a try again sometime.

Tina
09-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks y'all for the explanation. :)
Soy bean fields! I'll have to look up a photo.

Tammy, I remember you did the spinning once--or twice. That's just a little too energetic for me.

auntie
09-14-2009, 12:15 AM
I am alive!!! Great school year!!!! Great assistant!!!

I took of friday to go to San antonio. Surprised my folks. Daddy is 76 today!!!
I am exhausted because I am up with him at nigh.

Will write more tomorrow... Promise!!!!

Tina
09-14-2009, 11:41 AM
;)happy Monday!!!
Susan, you are alive! :cp: I was about to come up there and see about you. How were your parents doing? You said that you'd stay up with your dad at night.
Tammy, how is exercise going?
Dori, please sign in and let us know about school!!!

Sis, are your leaves turning yet? How are you doing? Take healthy snacks with you to work. Drink your water, too.

Maureen, how was your labour day? What did you do? Any roller blading? ;)

Jeanne, will you be working at another store now? How does Kaitlin like school this year?

We continue to pack boxes. They've got to be light so either of us can carry them. This means that we have lots and lots of boxes. :lol:
The time is getting closer and I'm so ready.
Today, I'm opening my Coumadin Cookbook. I bought it several months ago and haven't used many recipes. I have to do something different as I'm so tired of the same ole same ole. If I see a good recipe, I'll share.

Tammy
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Tina, my classes are going well! I am really enjoying them. I can't go to zumba on Thursday, so I went to water aerobics last night. It was fun to see the old gang. It's mostly the same people from when I took it before.

I can just imagine all the boxes you have! Keeping them light is a great idea.

Tammy
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Just got home from Zumba. I bought a heart rate monitor over the summer that you have to program with age, weight, etc. The classes this summer I was burning about 350-450 per class. I was thrilled with that. Yesterday at the end of class, it was 485 calories. After Zumba tonight, it said 781 calories! I like that!!

Tina
09-15-2009, 11:11 PM
hey Tammy, you are going to be so skinny that we won't recognize you! :) Congratulations on doing so well.

How is everyone else?
I ate too much today. No point counting here. I've been doing so good. I'll get back OP in the morning.

auntie
09-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi,
wow Tammy!!! You are going to be skinny!

Tina, I didn't have a good food day either! Let's just say, if it didn't eat me, I ate it! Tomorrow is a new day!!!!

Oh you asked about my dad. He doesn't sleep more than about 30-45 minutes at a time. Then he gets up and moves. He has a hard time getting up. Both mom and dad use walkers. It's hard watching them!!

School is going good!!!! :)

Tammy
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't think I'll ever be skinny! I just wish the weight was dropping like I think it should.

I agree that there is always a new day, and we don't need to beat ourselves up if we aren't totally on program a day.

Susan, why does your dad have trouble sleeping? so glad to hear that you are having a good year at school!

auntie
09-16-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't think I'll ever be skinny either!

auntie
09-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't think I'll ever be skinny either!

Tammy, my dad has Parkinson's as well as being diabetic. He has restless legs too. He gets restless and feels like he can't settle down. It's horrible to watch him because he has such a hard time getting around.

Now, I'm worried that my mom is getting Alzhiemer's. she is forgetting things. She forgot that I was there this weekend. I'm going to check out the symptoms and pass it on to my sisters. I really think we need to get her checked out. My dad is worried too.

Tammy
09-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Susan, I knew your dad had Parkinsons and diabetes. I guess my brain wasn't working. Bob had the restless leg stuff too, and I know what a pain that could be at times. I agree that you should talk to your sisters about your mom. Keeping you in prayers!

Tina
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Susan, I'm so sorry about your mother. Yes, please have her tested. There are drugs for that now. Mother's neurologist told us about them. However, Mother's dementia was caused by the stroke and the drug wouldn't have helped her.

Hey, how is everyone else doing?????

Tammy
09-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Today is Tim's last EMT class! He is excited not only because he'll be able to take the test and hopefully get hired someplace for an EMT position, but he will have some Saturdays free during the day! It wasn't so bad when he wasn't back to school, but since mid-August he has been back to school 5 days a week.

I'm having a lazy day, and I like it! Slept in, ate breakfast, and haven't done much of anything else. Lauren is here, and she is still snoozing. She stayed up till Tim got home from Arby's last night (about 1:00). He was up and off to class at 7:00.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

auntie
09-19-2009, 09:44 PM
How exciting for Tim!!! How long will it take to get the results of his test? I have no doubt that he will get hired some place close!!!!! :) How sweet of Lauren staying up for him last night.

I haven't done much today. I got up fed the dogs and went to get my hair colored. Came home and Pat had cleaned and done the wash. I helped him load the car because he has band tonight. It's the club that he won't let me go to, not that I was disappointed about that.

I was planning on going to the gym but never made it. I did do some grocery shopping and got new tennis shoes. I went to the foot doctor on Wed. I don't have to go back to him unless I have problems. They told me I should be the poster child for foot surgery. I just laughed. I did ask about the shoes to wear and they gave me a list of approved shoes. They suggested I get new tennis shoes since that's all I've worn for a long time.

I'm on a get healthy kick! My older sister and I are going to try to lose 10 pounds (she says by Christmas and I want it by tomorrow!) Then when we do, the other one has to by the other one a present. We just like getting presents :)

Tammy
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Susan, Tim took one test yesterday, and he tied with another person on the highest grade in the class! Not sure when the "official" test will be that will give him the certificate for the EMT. Hooray to not going back to the foot doctor! I like the idea of the 10 pounds by tomorrow! lol I want that too!

I just bought a different pair of shoes for zumba. I need something that slides better. My others kept getting stuck on the floor, and I was just waiting for my knee to go the wrong direction.

Hope you are all doing well!

Tina
09-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Hi all,
Sis, how are you doing????
Jeanne, is work hectic for you? Have you heard any more about your allergies?
Maureen, how is work?
Dori, you are way too quiet. I'm sure you are very busy with school but we'd love to hear from you. :hug:
Tammy, that's great about Tim's score.
If I felt better, I'd take the Zumba class at the local community center.
Susan, good for Pat for washing for y'all. 10 pounds by Christmas sounds very doable. :)

We put in a bid on a fantastic townhouse. It's a foreclosure and so I hope they'll accept our low bid. We are soooooo excited.
Oh, I think I lost another 1/2 pound, too.

Tammy
09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
How exciting about the townhouse!! Let us know as soon as you find out! Another 1/2 pound is great!!

My weight is still the same. It's almost funny, but not really.

Got my hair cut this morning, so maybe I should weigh again? Zumba tonight, aerobics in the morning, and massage tomorrow afternoon. :cloud9:

Tina
09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
:cry: I'm so upset. :cry: The foreclosure deal will not accept contingency contracts. You must show them that you have the money in the bank. Well, duh, we won't have that much until we close on this house.
Our realtor hated like everything to tell us on Monday night. She e-mailed us around 10:30 p.m. when she was doing the paperwork.
October 30th is such a long way off. Surely someone will grab up that townhouse before then.
There will be others but not as super as this one. :cry:

Tammy, I'm sure your Zumba and haircut will help you lose weight.

I'm psyched up about weigh-in tomorrow. I just know that I've lost another little bit.

How is everyone doing???????

auntie
09-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi,
Tina, I'm sorry! Hopefully no one will look at the town house and you will still get it.

Tammy, I would certainly weigh again after getting your haircut :)

Daddy's in the hospital again. He went in Monday because he couldn't move. His hip had been bothering him....then they thought something was wrong with his heart, and his legs were real swollen. Heart is fine (he just had a big work up less than a month ago) They think he might have a fracture in hia pelvis . His legs have gone down too. Not sure when he gets to come home!

I'm doing good. Pat's having a colonoscopy on Friday so I'm taking off. YEA!! that is to being off!! Hate having to get ready for a sub! Yuck!!

Tina
09-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh Susan,
I'm so sorry about your father. I hope they get everything fixed up.
I hope Pat has an uneventful colonoscopy. The worst part of it for me was the diet the day before. I was starving by evening.

Tammy
09-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Oh Tina, I am so sorry about the townhouse! That stinks! Keep us posted!!

Susan, sorry to hear about your father. Keep us posted. I've never had a colonoscopy. don't want to do it either.

I'm changing my butterfly thingy to show that I want to lose 10 pounds. I'm tired of looking at it and seeing that I have 30 to go and I'm not losing. I was going to have to change it anyway because I had a gain at weigh in tonight. I was in tears, and I actually was going to leave. I was almost to the door to the parking lot and 4 women from the class chased me down.

I just sent an email to the woman who I started taking classes from at the Y last year. The new nutritionist at the Y is just not a people person. She has no personality that I've seen, and she just talks about her self in the 2 meetings that we've had so far. another one on Friday. I'm giving her one more chance, and that's it.

Tina
09-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Happy Friday,
We are actually having fall weather. :carrot: It's wonderful! For the past two mornings, it's been 68 or 69 degrees.
The pollen count has been up and I've been congested. Hey, I can take congestion if it's cool like this. :D

Tammy, a nutritionist should have a decent personality. That's as bad as a crummy WW leader. Good for you for changing your butterfly.

Susan, let us know how Pat's test went. How is your dad?

Jeanne, you are too quiet. I hope that doesn't mean you are feeling bad.

Dori, hey girl, we want to hear from you. :hug:

Maureen, I'm interested in knowing if you take snacks to work. If so, what? I've got to get something for afternoon and don't know what.

Sis, you can do this!!!!!

Tammy
09-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Tina, your weather sounds like ours! I love it with the cool breeze blowing through the house. Maurice likes it as long as he can be under a blanket! lol

The nutritionist was "almost" a person on Friday, but I don't think I'll be going to any more of her meetings. I've been doing online research and checked with a couple other nutritionist type people, and everything says that with the activity that I am doing I should be eating about 2400 calories a day. Can you believe it? How much Taco Bell and Ice cream can I get for that??
Since Friday I have tried to eat more, and I've barely gotten about 2000. Guess I'm going to have to work on it to test it out.

My heart rate monitor says that I burned a little over 3000 calories this week. I know that I'm toning, but gosh I want to see a lower number on the scales!

Hope you have all had a great weekend! We're having grilled chicken, potato, and salad for supper. Might have to eat a gallon of ice cream to get enough calories in for today!

Tina
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Happy Sunday!
Tammy, I wish I had your problem. :lol: You must really be exercising up a storm.
How's everyone else doing?????
We've been emptying closets and packing and taking things to storage.
I've got to get into the kitchen cabinets and "downsize." I figure that if I haven't used something in a couple of years, it's not going to be used any time soon and can go!

My clothes feel looser. That's great. :carrot:

jar1965
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick fly by to say hi and I'm sorry I haven't been on much! I will make this short because I need to go back two pages and read all of your posts!
Things are ok here. My last day at my very favorite job ever in my life is Saturday! Urgh! We have been liqudating and packing and cleaning everyday. Most of the girls have already gotten jobs so I'm doing sooooo much by myself. My hubby comes down and helps take spinners and racks to the trash dumpster for me.
Bob & I just went away for the w/e. We went to Erie and just relaxed. Jacuzzi, shopping and dinner out! It was nice and I know he is just wanting me to "feel better" about things. We just got home tonight.

Ok, about weight......I am once AGAIN at an all time HIGHEST! Urgh! What am I going to do with myself!?~?~?~?

So, I gotta scoot. I want to get caught up on your posts and my laundry. Have a great Sunday night and a good Monday.
*hugs*

auntie
09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey All,

Jeanne, I didn't know you were leaving your job!!!!! I'm so sorry!!! Glad ya'll got away for the weekend.

Tina, you can come do my closets too!!! I need the help!

Tammy, how are wedding plans coming? I'll help! :)

Let's see...... Daddy's STILL in the hospital (tomorrow is a week). He has a fracture in his pelvis and they are going to glue it tomorrow. Then he will go to rehab until he gets stronger. Hopefully not too long. He wanted to know if my mom could come stay at rehab but they will charge her $120 a day. I asked my sister if my nephew would stay with her at night. He said "Of course" I'm going to pay him for doing it. He's 21 and a really good kid!! My mom was excited when he told her. Plus he doesn't know how much I'm going to pay him so he will be very excited when he finds out.

Pat had his colonoscopy on Friday. He got a good bill of health. Doesn't have to do it for 5 more years. I guess, I'll be the next one in a couple of years. His dad had colon cancer so he has to do it every 5 years.

I'm a little stressed and really need to lose weight. I've lost control!!! So I'm back at it again as of today. I didn't exercise but watched my food.

Oh..... on Thursday afternoon, I was helping special ed get one of their kids to the bus. He is a rather large but short young man. I got his backpack and started prancing to the bus. He came flying up and grabbed the backpack. Down I went!!!!! I have a huge scrape on my arm and 2 on my knee. Didn't hit my head!!! Everyone was out there!!! It was so embarrassing. I was told I had to bo to the nurse and report it to Risk Management. Oh my!!!! I assured the principal, the only reason I was out on Friday was because of my husband not because of the fall!! I'm glad my kids were already gone.

auntie
09-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Tammy, I want some ICE CREAM TOO!!!!! My folks eat more ice cream now, it's funny. We never had it as kids.

Tammy
09-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Jeanne, what's going on with the job? How nice that the two of you were able to get away and relax a bit.

Susan, I guess the wedding plans are going well. Tim will be going up to Lauren's house in a couple of weeks. They have pre-marriage counseling with the pastor that weekend I think. Since we are 3 hours away, I really don't know what all is going on! Guess the groom's mom isn't supposed to be too involved?

Keep us posted on your parents. That's great that your nephew will be staying with your mom.

I think you need to get combat pay at your job.
We always had ice cream at home. My dad was a milkman, and it was always available in the freezer out in the garage. Pretty handy back then, run out of milk, go out to the truck! Out of butter or cottage cheese or juice, run out to the truck. Pretty fond memories of those days. l

Hope everyone is doing well! Still haven't hit 2400 calories. Eating too healthy? Had aerobics yesterday, zumba tonight. No class tomorrow because I'm picking up one of my cousins from the airport. She is flying in from Washington state. Her dad passed away this summer, so she is coming back to go through stuff at the house. Her ex-husband is going to buy it along with the furnishings, so that is one less headache for her and her brother (he lives in Georgia).

Men's Emmaus Walk this weekend, so I'll be at the church alot. Won't be missing my classes though!

harlie
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I was posting on the Thursday WI thread and was told about this thread of great suportive folks. I started WW early Sept. It is unbelievably October already! I have lost about 7 pounds I have 11lbs to go for my 10% goal. I unfortunatly don't have a end goal yet. Probally a total of 25lbs to start and then go from there.

I live in Canada I have 3 kids aged 10, 9 and 5. I hope to go away this winter to a hot winter destination.

Tina
10-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi Harlie :welcome:
We are so glad you are here!!!!! Congratulations on your loss so far. It's not easy but can be done. It's a way of life and not just a "diet."
You have your hands full with 3 children.
I have one son who is 35 years old. (I was a child bride. :lol: )
How is everyone this fine Friday. :D

We are moving everything over to the apartment now. I haven't worked so hard since before my surgery.
How is the weather every place? We had fall and then summer and now we're back to fall. :dizzy:

Mimi4fun
10-05-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm.............back.
Just rejoined weight watchers this afternoon.
Now I have to do it all over again.

maureen kempster
10-05-2009, 10:50 PM
welcome back Mimi-you're not alone in the rejoining-I keep doing the same thing-together we can all do this
Hi to everyone - I've been here just not posting-I don't know what's the matter with me-I know I have to do this but I just keep giving up-well, tomorrow is a brand new beginning
again, it's good to see you back Mimi

maureen

Tina
10-05-2009, 11:44 PM
:welcome3: Mimi :carrot:
It is so good to see you here!
You can do this.

Maureen, I was getting worried about you. Please post more often, okay!?!

I had a rough weekend program-wise. I've got to get with it starting tomorrow. I don't want to gain back these pounds.
With packing and unpacking, I'm not able to cook and we've been eating out too much. Tomorrow is a new day!

auntie
10-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Welcome back Mimi!!!!

Maureen, I am right there with you!!!

Tina, I am sure it's hard moving!!

I've decided to go home this weekend!! I need to see Daddy and Momma with my own eyes!!! Then I'll go back in 2 weeks for the lady that I use to babysit for when I was 12 almost 13, is getting remarried. The son is a doctor. I haven't seen him in years!!!! Don't know if he will remember me. She is very special so Lu, my sister is going to be my date. :) she loved our family and her kids were always at the house because I took them over.

Daddy is making progress! Hope he is home soon!!!

Inthnk I must have a stomach bug because it keeps getting upset. Really helps so I'm not eating everything

Mimi4fun
10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I know how you feel with the packing etc. My doctor asked me yesterday if I had been eating a lot of fast and ready made food. Only for the last 6 months now that we are moved I can settle back into a healthy routine again. WE ALL CAN!!!!!

Tammy
10-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Susan, going home sounds like a great idea! Enjoy!!

Tina, how many boxes have you packed? Tim took a couple things to his new place the other night. 1 roll of toilet paper and 1 roll of paper towels. Really ambitious, isn't he?

Hey Mimi!

I leave on Monday morning for Florida. I guess I should start getting things together soon. I look around at the house and think I shouldn't go because it's a mess here! How can I let this happen?

Mimi4fun
10-07-2009, 05:24 PM
So Tina I know you were planning on selling your house. Did you sell it? and Tammy are you moving as well??
FYI I sold my home of 21 years in June and moved to an apartment. My older boy Mike is still living with me (sharing rent) and my younger son Dan is nursing in Alberta.
Alas the last few years I have gone to pot as far as the diet goes and gained back almost all (except for 10 pounds) of what I lost 5 years ago. So I decided to get back on the plan and rejoined weight watchers and took out a 6 month membership. crumbling knee joints and high blood pressure have got to be dealt with. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all again., even though I am weighing in on Mondays now. :)

Tina
10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi all,
Busy, busy, busy around here. That's why I haven't been posting every day.

Susan, have a safe trip to SA. I hope you find your parents doing better. I hope Pat is feeling better today.

Tammy, you will have sooooo much fun on your trip. You might tell Tim that he needs a few more things in his apartment. :lol:

Mimi, I am so happy to see you posting here again!!!!! :carrot:
We lived in our home 21 years. We haven't closed yet but are beginning the move to an apartment.
Boxes-----Tammy, I have no idea how many we've packed. Then, the moving company will come in and pack up my kitchen.
Get this--the estimator took one look at the kitchen and said he thought I had a lot of stuff in there! :dizzy::dizzy: :dizzy: I wonder if he's ever told his wife that. :lol:

Jeanne, do you have a new job? I don't remember. I know this is a trying time for you and your family. Just stay OP!!!!!

Dori, where are you??????

Sis, how are you doing OP? Please come on in and post. We're here to help and to congratulate.

harlie, you are doing so good! How is your weather?

Maureen, you can do this!!!!! We all can. :hug:

I made a new recipe last night. It was 7 pts. a serving. I'll post the recipe.

jar1965
10-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome back Mimi!!:carrot: Welcome aboard Harlie!:welcome2:

Have a great night everyone!

Tammy
10-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Mimi, I'm not moving, but my son is moving to an apartment across town. He is getting married in May, and one of the nicer apartments in town became available, so they decided to jump on it. His fiance hasn't even seen it yet! She lives 3 hours away, and her school and work schedules haven't allowed her to be here. She'll be here the 16th, and they will be moving things then. She said she trusted our judgment. I did take some pictures on the digital camera, so she at least has an idea of what it looks like.

I am not on WW any longer, but how could I leave this group! Glad you have returned.

Tina, lol. Tim said he might take a few more things over to the apartment tomorrow after he gets home from school. He doesn't work either place tomorrow night. I have a meeting, so I won't be able to help him. He is going to Lauren's for the weekend, so I thought Saturday maybe I'd get some things together and take over.

That is funny about that guy saying you had alot in your kitchen!

Sis
10-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi all. I am finally stopping in to let you all know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. :) I just get sidetracked and busy sometimes. My DD is a senior this year and its hard to keep up with things sometimes. I am not a good organizer. lol
Lots of stuff going on. Not done great in the OP department but i think I am finally going to be motivated to do this. My DD is still having issues with hyperinsulinism and now has been diagnosed with PCOS and a fat infused liver. She has no choice but to do something about her weight now. She is only going to be 17. She is 5' 11" tall so she doesnt look really big but the problem is that she gains weight inside more than out. :( She and I have been talking and decided to get back on the WW points system together. She lost weight before by watching carbs but the doctor wants her watch her fat intake as well. I thinks she will do ok on this and we can hopefully motivate each other to do well. She lost 37 lbs before on low carb so I know if she can follow that she will do well on WW.
Anyways that is whats been going on in my neck of the woods. :) I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall weather. I love fall. It is my favorite time of the year. Take care everyone and I will try to get back here more often. :D

auntie
10-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey y'all,
it's good to see familiar faces :). Ok if I get any larger I think I'll explode! Nw isn't that a picture!! Got to get on track. I've had a stomach bug but hasn't helped me out!

I am going tomorrow after school. Hopefully my flight will be on time. Glad i'm gong too! Know mom and dad will be happy!

Hopefully dad will get to come home soon!

Tammy, at least Tim took the necessary items!!! But one roll of each makes me laugh!!

Off to get my allergy shots! I'm sitting here waiting for the nurse. Then to school.

Tina
10-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi all,
Sis, it's good to hear from you. :hug:

Tammy, have a super trip.

It's been a busy day. Larry decided to have an impromptu yard sale to empty the garage. It was so cool this morning that we had lots of people come by.

Hi to everyone.

Tammy
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey Ladies! I've been so busy this week, and I haven't been on the computer much at all. I leave at 8:00 in the morning, and I'll be back the evening of the 19th. My friend is bringing her laptop, but I'm not sure when or if I'll get on there. Take care! Love you all! Tammy

maureen kempster
10-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Tammy

Enjoy yourself-take care

maureen

maureen kempster
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Good morning-
it's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada today-so I'm off-hurray-I see by my calendar that it's Columbus Day for the American Ladies-do you wish each other happy columbus day? if so "Happy Columbus Day"!!!-

I spoke to a realtor on saturday and I'm getting the ball rolling-I'm going to get a condo - I'll start looking - I think it's the smart thing to do-when I calculate how much rent I'll be paying out in 5 years etc I may as well put it on a mortgage-wish me luck-
as for the weight-it's a sad state of affairs here-I have to get my head on straight and stick to it.
We're having nice fall weather-with the sugar maples around here there's lots of nice colour.
Well, let's all have a super day and again-happy columbus day

maureen

Tina
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to Maureen and Mimi!!!!! :thanks1:
And, Maureen, I love your avatar!
Columbus Day here has become more of a day for the department stores to have sales. :lol: But, thank you for the greeting.
Good luck condo hunting. It can be fun. It's lots more fun than selling. :dizzy:

Everyone have a fantastic Monday. It's cool here today. Great weather!
Susan, how were your parents?
Dori, how is school?
Sis, I'll bet your weather is nice today.

Jeanne, now that you are away from all the sweets, you can stay OP.
harlie, what's going on with you?
Tammy, is off on her way now. I hope she has a great trip.
:haphal:

Mimi4fun
10-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Its 0 degrees C here this morning that means my geraniums will be dead. Kitchener is in the middle of Oktoberfest (beer drinking festival) The big parade should be on as I type this. Happy shopping all you Columbus day celebrators. I will be cooking a small turkey and my standard sweet potatoes, maybe some stuffing and gravy too.
Maureen if you are condo shopping make sure you check out any extra fees. A lot of older condos around here are for sale but have extra fees that have to go to repairs coming up. One that I looked at had $15,000 coming up at the end of the year. I'm sure they would have to disclose things like that but they don't tell you if you are just looking.

Mimi4fun
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Wow I just realized how much I look like my avatar (minus the bun) I think I need a new one. :)

Tina
10-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Mimi, that's funny about the avatar.
You will lose weight!

Okay group, it's time to step on those scales.

Tina
10-14-2009, 11:50 PM
OOPS! We never started an October Chatters thread this year.
Someone please start us off for November--when the time comes.

maureen kempster
10-15-2009, 07:17 AM
I think we're just all in denial Tina lol-I went to a meeting on tuesday and I gained 9.5 lbs since the beginning of July!!! so I'm pulling up my socks and getting back on it-I just have to do this - have a great day everyone-we're worth it

maureen

Tina
10-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Maureen, I think you're correct about denial. :lol:
A 9.5 gain isn't as bad as it might be for that length of time. With all your moving and having to find a new job, that was stressful.
You will get it back off--and more. I'm so glad you went to a meeting!!!!!!!

auntie
10-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi friends,

Ok, I thought I was down a pound this morning.... only to eat every thing insight this afternoon. Now what is wrong with that picture????? I just finished looking at the WW online. I might sign back up for it and do it on line. I have to do something!

The girl I work with at work is doing it too. I took in a veggie tray and cheese and crackers this week. But that didn't stop me from eating bagels and junk today.

So... Maureen & Mimi, I'm right there with you!

Tina, I just noticed we didn't start an October thread. i'll start it next month.

My dad had a meeting at the rehab center today. They said he could go home this weekend but they felt he would benefit from staying another week. He said "OK" Mom thought he would be there a couple of weeks. My older sister told her next week. I'll be down next weekend again.

It's good to see him getting stronger!!!

Well, guess I should sign up so I make that commitment!

Tina
10-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Happy Saturday,
Mimi, I like your new avatar! :):):)
Susan, thanks for starting us off next month. I hope your dad continues to improve.
Maureen, how is the condo hunting?
Sis, I'll bet it's cold up there.
Harlie, how are you doing?
Dori, I miss you.
Jeanne, how is the new job?

Tammy, are you having fun????

Larry and I are going to play hookey for a couple of days.
I'm so tired of packing. :lol:

Ladybug2680
10-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Hello ladies. I have definitely missed you all. Between work and school I don't have much time to get on the computer. However, I'm going to try to get on more often because I need the support of you ladies. I joined The Biggest Loser challenge, but in my opinion there doesn't seem to a lot of support. I'm going to try to catch up the posts because I know I have missed lot. Talk to you all later

Mimi4fun
10-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Well I got all dressed and hurried around this morning to go to a dentist appointment then realized its only Sunday not Monday. Better than the other way around I guess. Hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend.

jar1965
10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Hi everybody!

Mimi - too funny! I'm glad you didn't go as far as to get to the dentist office, before realizing that it is sunday!:cool:

Dori - hey, so nice to see you!!! :carrot:

Tina - Any luck getting your house sold?

Susan - I was thinking about signing up for ww online too. Let me know if you do!

Tammy - hi!!! Hope all is well!

Maureen - I need a quick swift kick! I have gained so much (plus some) back. Thanks for the encouragement!

My job is still with the same company, so I'm still around all the CHOCOLATE!!!! But my downfall is the darn fresh homemade donuts we get in every single day! My new position is General Manager, so I am not around the "stuff" all day, all by myself, so it has been a little better. I set and do all the merchandising for our company. Minus my base store, which the last day was october 3rd.

Well I better go. I have a ton of laundry to do and then meeting with all my "old" employees at the Olive Garden today.

Have a great day! Go Steelers!!!!!!

auntie
10-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jeanne, I signed up last night! I thought I'll just do it on line. I HAVE to get something off! I figure this way, no excuses!!!

Tna, how is the new place?

Mimi, I had to laugh, that sounds like something I would do!

Tammy, are you have fun?

Oh on the Home Makeover Edition is here in the Dallas area. They filmed it this summer! It's on tv tonght. It's for a former SWAT team member! He was injured. It's pretty neat!

Ladybug2680
10-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Good morning all. Work this week is extremely long due to ITBS testing. Overall I'm doing well. I haven't officially started back on WWs, but I'm watching what I'm eating. I'm trying to decide if I want to follow the plan at home, sign up online, or attend meetings. I have about a week before I need to make any decisions. Everyone have a great day.

auntie
10-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Dori, I signed up on line this weekend. I hear you about testing!!!! Yuck!!

Tina, hope you are getting moved.

Tammy, how is Florida?

Jeanne, so did you get a promotion? Or just more responsiblities?

Tina
10-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Hi all,
We have most of our stuff in the apartment now. This weekend, we have movers taking a few things to storage. The main move is next Tuesday when everything goes to the apt. Then, I've got to clean the floors here before closing on our house. That's oct. 30th. So, we're almost finished. Still no townhouse but that will come!

I'm not weighing this week. I've been eating everything in sight. I have been walkng alot, though.

Tammy
10-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Hello! I arrived home on Monday night, but I have been totally out of it all week. I fell coming out of the Magic Kingdom on Sunday night, and my whole left side is still feeling it. Knee is scraped and bruised, but the swelling is gone now. Tried to do aerobics on Wed. morning, but it hurt so I didn't go to zumba or aerobics any other time. I go to the chiropractor on Monday and get a massage on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll start to feel better.

Other than the fall, Disney was absolutely wonderful! Meeting up with a couple of friends was a good idea. One flew in from Arizona, and the other one works at Disney. We had so much fun! I didn't do too bad with the food. The friend who lives down there went to the store and brought us bottled water, diet pepsi, fruits, and snacks for the room. We were able to eat healthy snacks that way. Of course I did have to have a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar while I was there. Yummy!

Tim and Maurice missed me while I was gone, and I sure missed them.

Tina, glad to hear you will be into the apartment soon! I know it will be such a relief when you are done with the moving. This way you can take your time finding the right condo.

Harlie, maybe we can meet up at Disney World sometime. I'm ready to go back already!

Jeanne, what did you have to eat at Olive Garden? I like to eat there.

Mimi, there is a town near here that has Oktoberfest every year, and it is lots of fun.

Maureen, let us know how the condo searching goes. Sounds like several on here are getting back on WW.

Susan, the veg. tray and cheese and crackers sounds good. Glad to hear that your dad is getting stronger.

Dori, how is the Biggest Loser Challenge going?

maureen kempster
10-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Good morning all

Well it's a nice fall day-the sun is out and it's not too cold(not hot either)-I'm going to look at 4 places today-so I'm getting excited-just goes to show that we're never too old to do anything-3 condos and 1 small house-
as for the program-i'm trying to stick to it-I find Saturday is a challenge but that's okay-I'm sticking to it-will go and weigh in on tuesday evening and just hope for the best-
I hope everyone's okay-Tina I hope your move is going well
Tammy, you're an inspiration with all your classes-I have to light a match and getting started doing something

here's to us we're worth it

have a good sunday-I'll let you know how the search went later

maureen

Tina
10-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi group,
Maureen, I know what you mean about going to see new places. It's lots of fun. We've been so busy lately that we haven't done it. Just as soon as we close on Friday (knock on wood), we'll start up again.
Weekends are always a challenge. We can do this.

Tammy, I'm glad you had fun but sorry you hurt. Did you meet the lady from Arizona online?

Susan, I'm so glad your dad is better.

Jeanne, it sounds like you will have a good job. Just stay far away from those donuts. :lol:

Dori, you are busy but you can do this, too.

harlie, you are quiet.

Sis, did you have really bad weather last week? How is your weight loss coming/going?

I ate some bad Chinese for lunch yesterday. It has been ages since I threw up. Boy, that was gross and no fun. Today I'm eating toast and applesauce. My scale is at the apartment or I would've weighed this morning. :lol:

I'm going to post that recipe I said was a good crockpot one.

Tina
10-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Crockpot Stuffing and Chicken
Makes 4 servings at 7 pts. each.

I do not remember where this came from. I had printed it out. It is a WW recipe, though.

1 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing
1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
4 bonesless skinless chicken breasts

Mix first three ingredients together (I just did it in the crockpot) place defrosted chicken on top and cook on Low for 7 Hours.

Also, try mixing in a jar of mushrooms.
Enjoy!!!

Tammy
10-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Maureen, can't wait to hear about the places you looked at! Good luck with the program. I got out of the habit of filling in a tracker while I was gone, and I haven't been back into it yet.

Tina, the woman I met in Florida was a friend from high school. Our other friend from high school works at Disney, so the 3 of us had lots of memories to share. We laughed and talked way too much! Yucky to the bad Chinese food! The recipe sounds good! I may have to give that a try when I know Tim can come over to help eat it. lol

I'm heading to the Y, and hopefully I'll be able to do more than I did last week. I am still hurting, and I've had a headache since Friday. I go to the chiropractor later today. I know I'll hurt after I've been to her, but maybe then I'll start feeling better. Tomorrow I get a massage, and I know that will hurt too, but I'll feel better later. I'm being positive that I'm going to feel better!!

Hello to everyone!

maureen kempster
10-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Good morning everyone
Well, I guess we're never to old to do anything-I put an offer in on a condo-2 bedroom,ground floor about 24 years old-1000 sq feet-all the appliance(not brand new but working) very clean but will need cosmetic surgery-home inspection will be done next wednesday and the realtor is supposed to bring be the papers on the reserve fund of the condo association. If(and I'm sure it will)all goes well it's mine as of 15 January. I already have my brother-in-law lined up to do the painting and to take out the carpeting and install the laminate flooring before I move in-I'll probably move in at the end of january. So another chapter in my life.
Other than that-the daily battle of the weight loss-I didn't go to a meeting but I'm still following the program.

How are you ladies liking the on line program? I joined Richard Simmons and I think it's been a waste of money-but maybe it's different with ww. let me know

have a great day-couldn't wait to let you know about the condo

maureen

Tammy
10-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Congratulations Maureen!! Sounds great that you are going to be doing things before you move in. We painted before we moved in, and it was so much easier. I've regretted not changing the carpet before we moved in. The people before us had put in carpet a year before, but apparently it was a cheaper carpet because it really hasn't done well. I dread thinking about getting all of the furniture moved to put in new now. It's an exciting time for you!!!

I'm still doing First Place 4 Health and attending meetings on Wednesday nights. I've learned so much through the bible study, but I sure haven't lost as much as I wanted since January. I've taken a couple weeks from tracking the foods, and I'm back to tracking today. I know that I've toned up, and at one point I had lost 20. When the new classes started in September, I gained 5 pounds! Unreal. I'm not giving up on the classes though. I really enjoy them. Even my doctor said he could tell that I had been working out, so that's a good thing. All my blood tests that he ran came back normal, and I've improved in so many areas.

I bought a new winter coat last fall, and I am taking it to the consignment shop as soon as I get another new one. I guess that's my proof that I've changed. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Tina
10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi,
Maureen, what wonderful news!!!!!! :carrot: I'm so very happy for you. I wish we could all come see it and help you decorate. :lol: That would be a hoot!

The closing on our house was supposed to be tomorrow but it's been put off until next week. With all the mess with mortagaes, Fannie Mae is looking at everything with a fine tooth comb. The buyer is only putting down 5% so they want to be sure everything is okay. I don't understand this. I just want to close and get our money!!! :)

maureen kempster
10-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi all
Tina I'm sure everything will turn out okay-I think last year we had mentioned something about getting together somewhere-we should think about it. there has to be a central point somewhere that we could meet up. I think it would be fantastic to all meet don't you
I'm going to a singles dance tomorrow evening (over 50) I don't like dancing but I like listening to music-so should be fun-maybe I'll meet some old fellow-Ha!! I'll keep you update.
talk to you soon, be good to yourselves

maureen

Tammy
10-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Tina, hang in there!! And I agree we should go help Maureen decorate.

Maureen, we have talked about getting together sometime. I would love to!! That's cool that you are going to a singles dance. Let us know how it goes! Also let us know if you meet a dude!

Tina
10-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Happy Friday!
Maureen, how was the singles dance? We want to hear all the juicey details.
Susan, how is your dad? How is Pat? How is your foot? :)
Tammy, that is so so great about your weight loss. :carrot:
Jeanne, how are you??????
Dori, I'm sure you are busy.
harlie, please let us hear from you.
Sis, what's going on?????

Well, everything is out of the house and into storage or the apartment. I had a good cry. It was hard saying goodbye to the house, even though we still own it until next week.
Hey, I'm doing good OP. I can't believe I've been eating the right things lately.

Tammy
10-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Tina, when we moved out of our last house, that was the one where we had grown up in, so my brothers and I were there together once after everyone else had gone home. It was pretty emotional, so I can relate!

I have done good with eating the right things too! What's wrong with us?? lol I think I want some popcorn or something now though.

auntie
11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Go to the NOVEMBER THREAD!!!

I DID IT!!!