100 lb. Club - 100 lb Accountability 7 - 13 September

nicolen
09-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.

nicolen
09-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Hi lovelies,

It's a bit of a drive by posting tonight - I'm tired and grumpy and really want to go to bed after a pretty busy few days. Now that's a sign I'm getting old if ever there was one!

Back to normal work hours this week which is good - the training went well, and my newbies seemed to love me, so that's always nice. But it's going to be nice to finish at my normal time.

Apart from that, everything's going well.

Will do a proper catch up tomorrow, I promise...

Take care!

jab91864
09-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Morning everyone!!

Yesterday's food

small vanilla ice cream cone... my son & I spent part of the day together :D
lf yogurt
veggie pasta salad
over easy eggs on arnold's sandwich thins
slice cheese
water

Will do better with my food today and decided I will have to buy water. Going to work on unpacking a few things today , not feeling quite as down.

thisisit
09-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi I am new. I have decided to drink water (640z) which is something I haven't done. I also plan not to eat after 8pm. I plan to exercise 5 days this week (20 minutes each treadmill & bike).

mj5
09-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Good Morning everyone! Yea, I have not been terribly accountable this weekend. I have eaten too much junk, I feel icky, AND I am fighting a migraine this morning. I will not beat myself up over it...did that enough yesterday. I will get myself back on track today.

I will go for a walk outside if it does't rain as soon as my headache goes away. If it does rain, I will do a workout dvd.

Have a great OP day everyone!

lottie63
09-07-2009, 12:55 PM
so the bbq went "ok"...I brought a veggie sub but half of it got thrown out on accident, and I forgot that I had brought hte popcorn and soy crisps. I ate about two handfuls of pretzels, a veggie burger someone brought and some digorno pizza later in the evening. OH! but...someone brought pineapple upside down cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a fave. I buckled. but, I came home and tracked honestly and it wasn't a binge or anything, I only went over by 500 cals. for being at a party from 3 pm to 1030 am the next day, going over by only 500 calories is pretty much a success! LOL.

so I decided maybe calorie cycling will help me since I"ve been stuck for 3 weeks.

today:

breakfast: leftover digorno cheese pizza slice, (maybe) no meat-no shell taco pizza with black beans
s: wheat thins and hummus
l: tomato soup with cheese and croutons
s: wheat thins and extra sharp cheddar
d: mexican pita pizza

Trefle
09-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi there :)

recently I'm having small slipups, from unneeded snacks to sneaky eatings...

add low exercise time and I feel pretty bad. D:
today I'm trying to roll back to healthy choice, made only half chicken breast for lunch and dinner, and adding some vegetables for that too, but I haven't feel full yet D:, I think I'll need some midnight snacks..maybe a yogurt.

And I used unnecessary butter too, for toasting my bread. D:

I'm soooo sad :( why my body doesn't listen..

mj5
09-07-2009, 04:19 PM
lottie--sounds like you did pretty well at the bbq. Hope you had fun!

Trefle--Welcome!

So far so good today. A little too much sodium....I can feel it, but I'll just keep drinking water and I'll be ok.

nicolen
09-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Oh my goodness, what a day. I've been battling a cold for a couple of days and ended up going home sick at lunchtime. It's not a lot of fun to be cuddled up on the couch with your blankie when it's a gorgeous day outside. Still, I'm feeling better now - the stuff I picked up at the chemist last night is starting to kick in.

First thing, I didn't feel too sick at all so I did go to the gym and yummy evil trainer. The first thing he did was chuck me on the scales, telling me he thought I'd looked like I lost weight. I had - 700 grams, or around 1 1/2 lbs. How the heck can you pick that kind of weight loss on anyone, let alone someone like me who's not exactly small? Anyway, workout was hard as usual and I will be sore tomorrow.

The menu today was:

B - english muffin with marmite

S - yoghurt with blueberries

S - muesli bar

L - toast

D - chicken and vege soup.

It's all about the comfort food today, I'm afraid!

Jab, I'm pleased you're not feeling as down today. Sending lots of :hug: your way.

Thisisit, welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track and I'm looking forward to seeing you progress!

MJ, migrane, ick! Hope you're feeling better today!

Lottie, well done on being only 500 calories over - that's nothing after a big party!

Trefle, welcome to you as well! I know what you mean about unneeded snacks and sneaky eatings. I realised last week that I was buying a scone or muffin when I bought my coffee every morning - not good! Have you tried writing down everything that you eat - I did that, then I got out of the habit and am back to doing it again...

Right, I'm going to shake this cold - not sure I could handle another day on the couch! Interesting how things change, isn't it...

Have fun!

thisisit
09-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Good morning everyone.

I hate cooking. That's why I resort to fast food. I am going to go buy a can of soy powder and use it for meal replacement.

I made bad food choices yesterday.

My exercise is going great though. 25/treadmill and 15 min/bike two days in a row.

jab91864
09-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Wow Lottie you did really good for a party !!!! Wouldn't consider that to be a binge at all especially over the time span of how many hours. Pizza is always my downfall.

Nicolen~ hope you are feeling better soon. I forget your seasons are different than ours. Great job on the weight loss, and the trainer has a great eye I'm sure.

thisisit~ having something fast and easy can be a great help. I do better when I have something quick I can grab and go.

mj5~ it's so true, what once seemed normal eating for us really can make us feel oh so crappy now !! water , water, water some days it's not as easy as it sounds...lol.

trefle~ welcome.

Well didn't do as well yesterday as I had hoped. Tried to unpack some things and that got me very depressed. I didn't resort to eating but ended up having a late unplanned dinner with friends which wouldn't have been in my schedule. Left alone I wouldn't have eaten at all to be honest.
I did go for a short walk, but the solitude only gives me more time to think which brings about the funk and the tears... aaaarrrgghhhhh !!!

Yesterdays food...

eggs over easy
turkey sausage
water

lf yogurt
water

fried goose breast
mashed potatoes
peach schnaaps w/ squirt

Off to work, it should be very hectic today. My daughters are suppose to be visiting tonight after work.... my oldest (21) just moved back from Ohio (again) this weekend and I haven't seen her yet since she is back.

Everyone have a great day. I am on my way to find a happy thought and start my day, wish me luck...

traci in training
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Didn't lose last week, so need to be perfectly on plan this week to make up the difference.
B - 2 slices whole grain toast with peanut butter
L - bowl of cabbage tomato barley soup, slice homemade bread, nectarine
D - grilled chicken salad
S - something at the volleyball game

Loozin2LivNLov
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Morning from the Desert! Day #3 on HCG and I'm feeling weak but hopeful.

Yesterday was very busy at work and it would have been sooooooo easy to eat the cupcakes that a workmate brought to work, but I persisted and stayed on plan.

Yesterday's food:
B- Protein shake and coffee
L-3 oz grilled chicken, 1 cup salad with 0 cal dressing
D-3 oz grilled chicken, 1 cup schredded cabbage and 0 cal coleslaw dressing, 1/2 pink grapefruit

Weight is down 5 pounds from Sunday...

nicolen
09-09-2009, 03:57 AM
Hey everyone,

Well, I didn't make it in to work today and I'm not sure whether I'll make it in tomorrow either. I'm going through stages of feeling Ok for a couple of hours then feeling like rubbish. I'll see how I go -I'm going to pack my bag as usual tonight and see what I'm like when I wake up tomorrow.

So yeah, it's been me, the blankie and the couch today. Fun times.

The menu today has been:

B - English muffin with peanut butter

S - kiwifruit

L - soup and toast

D - nothing as yet.

So yeah, menu's not that great today either.

Thisisit, there are some healthy fast food choices, but remember that most of it is full of sodium.

Jab, hope your meeting with your daughter went well.

Traci, don't you just hate those scales some weeks?

Loozin, what's HCG?

Talk to you all tomorrow when I will be feeling better.

mj5
09-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Good Morning everyone! Only two more days of work, then knee surgery on Friday....lots to do between now and then....We had dinner out w/ some of dh's friends last night. I was NOT looking forward to it, but it went better than I thought.

nicolen--Hope you are feeling better! Sometimes curling up w/ a blankie is just what you need!

thisisit--Great job w/ exercise!

jab--How did the visit w/ your daughters go? One day at a time....you are strong and will be ok!

traci--Good luck this week!

Loozin--Not sure if I welcomed you or not, so Welcome! great job on the loss!!! Yea, what is HCG?

Hi to Rhonda, Diane, Schmoodle, Beverlyjoy, and everyone else who pops in. Let us know how you are doing!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

I am going to the gym today. It will probably be the last day before my surgery, I don't think I am going to have time tomorrow, but we'll see. I have lots of errands to get done too...I know dh can and will do them, but there's things I need to do too. I'll chat w/ you later!

Beverlyjoy
09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi friends - I have been so sick with some kind of flu and wheezing like crazy. Starting to feel better. Somehow I didn't gain any weight during this time. (that is a miracle - because I haven't been watching)

For today:

meditation
journal
stretches, etc
gallon of water
eat slowly

sane, thoughtful, planned eating

breakfast - turkey on bread, grapes
lunch - hc pizza, sliced tomatoes
snack - tangerine, cheese
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Have a GREAT OP day, chicks!

jab91864
09-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Beverlyjoy~ I hope you feel better soon. I know it's flu shot season and in the past I've never gotten one, thinking I might this year. Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!

Mj5~ I'm so out of the loop I didn't realize you were having knee surgery, that is great news. I know you struggle with it hurting so much.

Nicolen~ hope you feel well enough to part with the blankie today!!!!

Traci~ that soup sounds good !!!

Loozin~ great job avoiding the cupcake trap!!!!

Yesterday went ok. Work was very hectic and too busy to pause and think, so that made getting thru the day a bit easier.

Visit with the girls was a bit strained but I think that was more so because daughter # 2 (20 yrs) was in a funk when she got here but wouldn't say why other than she doesn't feel well. I think she is just down cuz reality of her financial situation ...due to bad choices.. is setting in. I could be wrong.

It was good to see daughter #1 (21yrs) and I am glad she is moved back into the area. I ended up making grilled cheese sandwiches...not on my plan I know and we sat outside and talked some. I hope the next visit is a little more relaxed. We talked about doing a girls night soon.

Talked to my son (16 yrs) on the phone and online while we went over his schoolwork. I am straining my brain to think of something to do for his birthday when he turns 17 in November. His gift (a gun safe) has been in layaway for a month now so that part is covered. It will be odd doing a birthday thing alone just the two of us. Probably dinner and a movie since he likes going to the movies a lot.

Counting my blessings and thinking of what I have an not focusing on the downside to my life right now. My goal is not to cry today. I've come close this morning but talk myself out of it so far.

Gotta get to work. Hope everyone has a great OP day !!

Yesterdays food

turkey sausage
water

sunflower seeds
almonds
triscuits
water

grilled cheese
water

scrambled eggs and mushrooms
water

Beverlyjoy
09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
MJ - I wish you well on your long awaited knee surgery. I hope all goes smoothly and without much discomfort and a very quick healing. Gosh....this has been a long time coming.

What is the approximate time line in your recovery?

Won't it be nice to have a pain free knee at the end of this road? :carrot:

mj5
09-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Beverlyjoy--So glad you are feeling better! I know there is some nasty flu going around!!! Take care of yourself!!! Yes....I have been fighting w/ ins co for 8 months....ugh...will be VERY glad to have it over--or at least this one over with!!!

Just received the confirmation call from the surgery center! Everything is a "go" for 10:45am on Friday!!!!!

nicolen
09-10-2009, 03:38 AM
Hey everyone,

It's been a good day - I went to the gym and made it to work. I'm absolutely shattered now but at least I made it through - and boss was understanding about me not doing the amount of work that I usually do. I didn't push myself too much in the workout either - just did enough to get my heartrate up.

And I got a compliment. I got changed into one of my new uniform tops after my shower at the gym and one of the women who's in the same class looked at me and told me that my figure was starting to become apparent. I had great pleasure in telling her that the top was 2 sizes smaller than my usual tops.

So the menu today:

B - english muffin with marmite

S - yoghurt and blueberries

S - muesli bar

L - sushi

D - home made burgers, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, frozen veg.

Still all about the comfort food, isn't it!

MJ, yay for having a surgery date! When they finally start moving, things move fast. I'll say I'll be thinking of you, but if I've worked the time difference out correctly, I'll be asleep at the time you're having the surgery - but happy thoughts all the same. I know you're not going to recognise yourself in a few weeks time.

Beverly, what is it with these bugs that are going around! Hope you're feeling better!

Jab, dinner and a movie sounds like a great way for you and your son to celebrate his birthday.

Everyone else, hi! How are you all doing? Let us know.

Have fun everyone!

jab91864
09-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Nicolen~ glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!!! It's like coming out of a deep fog I think, slow to start but you pick up speed as it clears away.

mj5~ how long will you be laid up for after surgery, do they have a guesstimate for you ? will you get to come straight home after the hospital releases you or do you have to do a rehab type stint in an aftercare facility ?

Beverylyjoy~ hope you are feeling better today!!

Hey to everyone else.

Feeling a bit stronger today, although I am very tired. But starting the day out with a better attitude helps get by the later part much better !!!

yesterdays food choices

tea
turkey sausage

triscuits
sunflower seeds
almonds
water

chicken
broccoli & cauliflower w/cheese
instant mashed potatoes
water

Hope everyone has a great OP day !!!

Beverlyjoy
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi Chicks.... I had such a healthy day yesterday - food sanity and all. :) I am very grateful.

Thanks everyone - I am slowly feeling better. Now it's just down to coughing and wheezing. Wheezing is something new for me. I don't like it very much at all. :dizzy:

Today a good friend is coming over and we'll chat about all of our new stories and programs. :) This will be fun. We've had to cancel a couple of times because I was so sick.

1 gallon of water
stretches
meditations
log/journal food and feelings
put fork down between bites
leave the small amount on my plate

breakfast - turkey sausage, pnb toast, grapes
lunch - eggplant and veggie stew with parm. cheese
snack - tangerine, cheese
dinner - chicken, whole wheat egg noodles, sliced tomatoes
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, skim milk

MJ - gosh I am thinking all my most positive thoughts your way for a easy surgery and recovery. :hug: How long will you be "down" with this? I'll be praying for you, friend. We will miss you - I hope you can post after a while & let us know how you are doing. Do you have a laptop?

Jab - I totally agree - when you start the day with a good and positive attitude :):) , it just goes better. That's great!

Nicolen - I LOVE that you got the terrific compliment at the gym. I know that feels good. YAY :D

Shout out to everyone that comes by...have a OP day.

traci in training
09-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Our baby is 17 today! She is a senior in high school, so this may be the last birthday she is home for - what a sad thought. I had an easier time with the oldest growing up then I do the baby.

So since I'm kind of down about this birthday I decided the only thing to do was throw her a party. Her friends have been busy inviting everyone to our house tonight after the volleyball game for pizza, pasta, and cake. I'm sure we'll end up with a house full and it will be a good memory for her instead of her mom sitting around crying over her leaving home. :-)

So a careful plan for the day so there's calories left for birthday cake tonight:
B - 2 slices multigrain toast with peanut butter
L - cabbage soup
D - big salad
S - birthday cake!

Probably no walk today. I need to clean the house, make a batch of salsa, make a birthday cake, scotcheroos, monster bars, lasagna, garlic cheese bread, and decorate for the party. Pizza Hut is making the pizzas, so at least I don't have to do that! Oh, and the birthday girl comes home for lunch most days, and will be home after school until the junior varsity match starts so I have to hide the party food until she leaves for the game. Should be an interesting day!

Beverlyjoy
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Traci - wow..such a milestone. I totally understand how you feel. My baby is turning 30 this year. I didn't feel old until I realized that.

Have a great day. It will be special for her.

mj5
09-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Good Morning everyone! Trying to wrap stuff up at work today, then grocery shopping and errands later.

nicolen--YEA for feeling better! And double YEA for wearing one of your new uniform tops!!!!

jab--Excellent news that you are feeling stronger today!

traci--Have a great time at the party!!!!

Thanks for asking about the surgery/recovery. I am only having my knee scoped at this point, so I will get to go home right after--I'll even be walking on it. I'll be out of work all next week (which is fine by me! LOL!!!!) I'll have to take it easy--the usual, ice, elevate, rest, pain meds...future surgery depends on what he finds once he 'gets in there'....I am either looking at a partial or total replacement sooner or later. I am hoping for partial / later! We do have a laptop (recent purchase and I am LOVING it! Dh was able to get a SUPER DUPER bargain where he works and I am extra glad!), so I will probably pop in Friday just to let everyone know I am ok. My experience (I've had this done before) is that the day of isn't too bad, but once the pain meds the give during the surgery wear off, it can get pretty painful. As long as I stay ahead of the pain cycle w/ my pain meds, I should be ok. Dh has some vacation days he didn't know about, so he is actually going to be home w/ me longer than I thought, which I am happy about. I would have been ok, but the dogs would have had to be in their crates when he went back to work b/c getting them in and out is hard. Now, by the time he goes back to work, I *should* be ok getting them in and out. It's funny, but they can totally sense when they need to be 'extra good'. I did buy them some of their favorite chew bones too....they are extra, extra good when we have those! LOL!!!!

WOW....that was a book!

Pop in and let us know how you are doing!!!!

Slashnl
09-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone. I have been kind of checked out for the past 3 weeks. I started out with the flu and then it progressed into pneumonia. So, I've been just trying to survive working and doing the running around I need to do. Today was the first day back to the gym after 3 weeks of laying around! I didn't push too hard, so it felt good to be back there. I'll take it easy for a couple of days at the gym, but then I want to really ramp it back up again.

I'm also back to writing down what I'm eating. I had taken a break on that. I lacked a lot of energy!!

Anyway, it is good to be back. Good to see all the new faces and hear from everyone else!

Have a great day!

nicolen
09-11-2009, 04:32 AM
Yay for Friday.

I took half a day's annual this afternoon. I was absolutely shattered after being awake since 2am coughing and basically if I'd gone home sick, I would have had to go to the doctor's to get a medical certificate. Maybe I'm cheap, but there's not a lot of point in spending $27 for the doctor to tell me I've got a bad cold and I should stay warm and drink lots. I already know that! Anyway, I stopped off and had a muffin and latte for lunch, did a bit of grocery shopping - 1 kg of my favourite yoghurt for $3.50, major score! - and came home to collapse on my friend the couch with my other friend the blankie.

I did go to the gym and it was a bit of an effort. I'm thinking I might skip the spin class tomorrow and give myself a couple of days break, but I'll see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. Apart from that, I've got nothing planned for the weekend, so I'lm going to have a nice quiet time, I think and just try and get over the cold.

The menu today was:

B - English muffin and marmite

S - yoghurt and blueberries

S - muesli bar

L - muffin and latte

D - leftovers from last night.

Jab, attitude really is everything, isn't it?

Beverly, sounds like we can share coughing stories. One thing I know - we definitely didn't catch this bug from each other!

Traci, hope the party went well! Pizzas and teenagers - sounds like an unbeatable combo!

MJ, happy thoughts for your surgery!

Diane, another one with bugs. I'm pleased you're feeling better, but don't do too much too soon - pneumonia takes time to get over!

mj5
09-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Diane--Oh no....hope you are finally feeling much better. Take it easy!!! Glad to see you back!

nicolen--Hope you feel better!!! Rest this weekend. Sounds like you need it!

I soooooooooooooooooooooooo want some coffee right now, but I can't have any. That's probably why I want it so badly. Oh well, I know they will let me have some when I wake up! LOL!!!

I'm going to go take a shower....I won't be able to do that for a couple of days (that will NOT be fun), so it will be a nice, long, hot shower for me this morning!

jab91864
09-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Well ended up with a massive headache yesterday but so much was going wrong at work I thought that was it. Woke up this morning with a headache and sore throat. Today will be hectic but I am off work the next two days and hope that helps. I think it is just sinus.

mj5~ best of luck today at your appt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

nicolen~ sorry to hear you haven't whipped the cold yet. i agree going to the dr just to be told it's a cold sux

slashni~ i'm very sorry you were soooo sick. pnuemonia can take a LONG time to whip

traci~ i know what you mean about the baby. my baby will be 17 in november and looking back i can't but wonder where all the time went and it makes me a bit sad. didn't have that blue feeling with the first one which is a bit odd

beverlyjoy~ glad to hear about the sane day, those can be few and far between sometimes...lol.

I hope everyone has a great OP day !!! Think happy!! :carrot:

Yesterday's food choices

tea
oatmeal

whole gr crackers
water

corn chips & salsa (not a great choice but didn't have many chips at all)
water

pasta w/ beef and peppers
water

Beverlyjoy
09-11-2009, 08:01 AM
MJ - here's to your surgery! May it be successful, quick, and pain free. :) I am thinking of you right now wishing you well.

Yesterday was a good, sane, healthy day with food. :D I am so grateful. It was tough at night - but, somehow I pushed through. :)

For today:

gallon of water
meditation
stretches and strengthening
write down food and values

breakfast - boca bacon on pnb toast, grapes
lunch - open face egg and pepper sandwich, lite mayo, lite cheese, tomatoes
snack - apple and pnb
dinner - out with DH to a new restaurant around the corner - something healthy
snack - cheese toast

Jab - so sorry to hear about your headache and sore throat. Take care of yourself and feel better soon. :hug:

Nicolen - Sadly, I am still your 'coughing buddy'. :hug: I must admit that I am feeling better every day. Hope you do too. So much stuff going around.

Slash - sorry to hear you were so, so sick. :hug:(I disappeared for a week or so too when I got so sick recently, too) It's wise to start your workouts slowly - see how your lungs and body will handle it. Glad you are posting.

Traci - how was the party. :)

Gosh so many folks have been sick. Here's to feeling well, everyone! :carrot:

Everyone - have a wonderful OP day.

Slashnl
09-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I went and worked out today, got on the elliptical. That was tough and I can tell I've lost ground on my strength, but I was able to breathe and get through it, so I think I'm back. I need to concentrate on eating a little healthier. I'm not doing well that way right now. It is so easy to get off plan. Much harder to get back on plan.

Beverly: Keep battling! You're doing well!

Jab: Oh boy, hope you're not getting something worse than sinus issues! Take care!

MJ: Good luck to you! Hopefully the worst part is going without a shower!

Nicolen: And, same to you. I hope you get to feeling better.

Traci: Hope you had fun with your daughter's birthday!

lottie63
09-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Heya everyone, I have been on plan (barely holding on by the skin of my teeth!) but on plan nonetheless. the weather has sucked so I haven't been getting in my walk but I'm starting to get winter depression so I've been slacking on my exercise. Just can't seem to wake up.

I've started using my light box again and I felt a little better yesterday, think I need to up it to an hours use a day instead of just 30 mins. I keep forgetting to do the second set of 30 though.

I FINALLY did it, I lost 2 lbs. I am officially only 1 lb away from being back at my 40 lb loss I was at a few months back!

woohoo!

I'm prolly not gonna make it to teh 50 lbs lost for the jingle away the jiggle challenge but I"m not giving up. Maybe my weight loss will pick back up now since I had a nice little stall there. Also, even if I only make it to 30 or 40 lbs, that's still 30 or 40 lbs less than I was in july! I'll take it! :)

Will post later with my menu. Just not sure what it is yet.

traci in training
09-11-2009, 12:45 PM
So the party went great! She was surprised and we had about 50 kids who devoured eight pizzas, two big pans of lasagna, four loaves of cheese bread, three pounds of chocolate covered strawberries, two pans of bars and only ONE piece of birthday cake.

So I started my day perfectly on plan with a piece of darn birthday cake! I can ignore the bars and the chips and all that but CAKE is my downfall. Oh, well. At least I have all day to flog myself over it. Soup and veggies for me all day. No bread. No fruit. NO MORE CAKE!!! Well, maybe a little tiny piece. :-)

lottie63
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
todays menu: 1349 (calorie cycling a 1600 calorie week)

b: two egg whites, 1 slice cheese, 2 whole wheat slices toast, 1 serv baked fries
s: triscuits
l: bbq tofu sandwiches w/ 1 serv baked fries
d: black bean chili and rice

mj5
09-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi! I'm home. Surgery went well. I'm sore, but ok. I'll check back later or tomorrow.

lottie63
09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
mj5, glad to hear you're back and doing well.

Beverlyjoy
09-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi chicks - I got through another day of food sanity - I am so grateful.:) We went out for supper last night and I made healthy choices (salad with salmon on top). :)I was nervous - for me it's hard going to a restaurant when I am first starting back to healthy eating.

meditation
gallon of water
stretches & strengthening
write down food and food values

breakfast - grits with lite margerine, boca bacon, grapes
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, tomatoes
snack - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana
dinner - hc pizza, big salad
snack - fruit, pnb spoon

Also, college football is on TV. It's something I enjoy watching if I have an interest in the team. My team - Ohio State, DH's team USC, DS/DIL's team Michigan State

MJ - I am so, so glad you are home. Thanks for posting. I hope your soreness goes away quickly!:hug:

Lottie - bbq tofu sounds so good. How do you prepare it? Down two more pounds....yay.:carrot::carrot:

Tracie - so glad the party was such fun and a big success.:D I know you can hop back on your plan.

Slash - I am glad you could do some elliptical - slow and steady & you'll be back to your strength from before being so sick. :)

Everyone - have a great day.

lottie63
09-12-2009, 12:49 PM
beverlyjoy, (after pressing and freezing) I coat it in breadcrumbs and fry it in just a little oil, the add red onions and bbq sauce. it's yummay. :)

Beverlyjoy
09-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Chicks - yesterday went well until the football party. I gave into some unplanned nibbles. :( However, it will NOT stop me from having a sane, healthful, delicious, planned food day. :D:):D

I took 30 minutes to eat my breakfast today. :carrot: I savored each bite, put my fork down, sipped on water & felt like I had enough when I was done. I am grateful. :)

Today - my mom and I are going to Bob Evans for dinner. She loves to go out. There are good choices. :)

Today:
stretches
meditation
journal/log food
s-l-o-w eating
gallon of water
forgiving myself for eating extra yesterday

breakfast - pnb toast, egg white scramble with ketchup, grapes
lunch - tuna salad, garlic toast, veggie stew
snack - cheese toast, tomatoes
dinner - going out to Bob Evans with Mom. I like their senior breakfast - eggbeaters, turkey sausage, dry toast, fruit.
snack - cherrios, a few raisins, skim milk

MJ - I hope you are doing well, friend. Am thinking about you. :D

Lottie - thanks for the recipe! :)

Shout out to everyone. Have a GREAT day.

lottie63
09-13-2009, 10:42 AM
well, I'm giving calorie cycling at the recomendation of some website a shot. they want me to eat way more cals than I normally do, but, the girls on the sparkteam say it works like a charm and I DID lose 3.5 lbs eating MORE this week than I was the 3 weeks prior.

I"m gonna give it a shot for a week or two.

anyhow, today I"m going to kennywood! (pittsburgh amusement park) YAY!

today:

b: 2 egg whites 2 slices whole wheat toast
l: Fries from kennywood
d: naked bbq seitan burrito
s: 1/2 ice cream cone.

I still have about 363 caloreis left.....I"m leaving them uncharted for a little 'flex' room. depending on what time we get home and what I want to eat then.

beverlyjoy, yer welcome! :)

mj5
09-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks for the ++++ thoughts. I am doing ok.....a little more sore today, I kind of got off track w/ my pain med 'schedule', but I'm back on track now so I'll feel better soon. I get to take the bandage off today and that will help too.

I have been doing well w food...not really hard b/c i haven't been very hungry yet. I do need to drink more water, so that's the plan for today....wht else do I have to do, right?! LOL!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone. It sounds like you are all doing awesome! Keep it up!