Tejas
09-07-2009, 01:52 AM
:grouphug:

New pages!

Tejas
09-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Hi:

I'm back home and glad to be here.

I indulged on food on the plane, but not bad after 2 weeks of moderation. We'll see if all that constraint did any good whatsoever. But, we do know it would have been worse without it for certain.

BBL,
Rhonda

Vickie
09-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey welcome home, Rhonda. I was on my way to bed. I wanted to report that I finally exercised at 3:30 but never got back here to catch up. I'll do it in the morning after my weigh in.

I'm proud of your moderation during times of stress.

pureTcrazy
09-07-2009, 07:30 AM
I had a challenging day yesterday. I am going to try to drink water today, I really would just drink diet coke and coffee all day every day. I think that i was ok with my points yesterday, but I know I didn't get my fruits, veggies and dairy. Today I will get those fruits and veggies!

Tejas
09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Good Morning!

Hello, Rita. I think you're new here? I've been on and off for two weeks and might have missed your joining us. But, :welcome2:

Chickies: a "miracle" has happened. I spent two weeks in Texas, the home of chicken fried steak, fried chicken, and now fried butter...and gained only .6 of a pound. :dance:
Normally, I would have gained at least 6 pounds on such a long trip! :woohoo:

I'm off to see if there is a spinning class today.

Have a great day everyone!

BBL,
Rhonda

beach bum
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING A RELAXING LABOR DAY WEEKEND.I know I am. Going to have BBQ ribs some time this afternoon. Not going overboard this weekend as I like to get my first 10% weight down before the end of the year.

Lost .5 lb this morning,I guess I have to get used to the low carbing along with the calorie counting,But they're also next week.

Leo chemo pills will be arriving some time at the end of the week,there are some side effects but not major ones, hope and pray these won't bring any bad reaction like the last ones did.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,Welcome home Rhonda.Congrats on not gained while you were away the .6 .I sure you lose when you start your spinning.

Vickie-Congrats on your exercising,I lacks to get some done this weekend.Will get back on the bike this afternoon.

RITA-Welcome to the chat. Sorry I wasn't around to welcome you last week. I liked the core but it didn't like me so I decided to count calories instead.

Have a great Monday

Vickie
09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I stayed the same. Double and triple harumpf.

Tejas
09-07-2009, 01:56 PM
aggravating as all "git out" isn't it Vickie!?

Hang in there....

Rhonda

sloanie
09-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey chicks. Another crazy eating day for me. I hope this week will be less stressful and more organized. I know I need to be drinking more water and less diet coke. I'll try to do that.

Rhonda-I'm glad you're home safe. A .6 gain is not bad! Good for you :)

Vickie-You know that when you stay the same eventhough you have been op that the next week you'll have a loss. Hang in there. You have lost 36 POUNDS :carrot:

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I've got to get some more school work done :dizzy:

ontarget
09-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. I completely forgot today was Monday. it's seemed like Sunday all day long.

Congratulations on just gaining .6 lb. That is awesome. Guess what they're having at the State Fair this year? Fried butter! That doesn't even sound good, does it.

Sloan, I'm looking for my whip. Dust off and hop on the wagon, girlfriend.

Rita, sounds like you're getting into the swing of things. Baby steps.

Vickie, I know you're frustrated but will be all right. Now if I don't have a loss tomorrow will you tell me the same thing?

I'm op but have eaten about 2/3 of my WAP's this week. I'm not sure I can lose eating that much. Guess we'll find out.

Maryann, ;) ;) on your first 10%.

Got to go. I need to do some surfing. I'll be back tomorrow evening.

beach bum
09-08-2009, 10:43 AM

Not feeling well this morning. I having a terrible time breathing,and my legs are getting weak.Hope I'm not coming down with any cold of flu bug.Leo had to go out to the bank and than to the supermarket to pick me up some Metamucil and other things that are on the list. I don't like him going out in a crowd as his immune system is down and it will be so easy to catch something.

Did good over the Holiday,kept to my eating plan so I should lose some thing other than .5 next week.

VICKIE-We all know that being on any weight loss program will tend to have a week where the scale doesn't move,even when we do everything the right. It can be so frustrating you want to cry or throw something. You'll lose again,and look you came so far 36-lbs is gone,and that some accomplishment.Hang in there Vickie you'll see the frustration will turn in to a day of cerebration.when you hit the 40 lb mark.

SLOANE-I sure every new school year starts off being stressful,hope that will be in the past soon,and you'll be able to get back in the ordinary routine. Maybe the reason you drink more coke than water is that its taster. try putting some crystal lite into the water and Walla!! You got a new drink.I used crystal lite diet green tea with lemon,and its so delish and thirst quenching.

SANDRA-You eating enough the core plan has there WPA ready just in case you need than.I like the plan but it didn't like me,so that the reason I left. Would you believe its going to be 2 years that I left WW and I still trying to get down to my first 10%. I guess I will have to find what calorie count my bod's looking for.

Vickie
09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm SO silly. I posted this on last week's thread. I'm moving it here. Now I have to go see what I missed in between!

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra....6 POUNDS IS AWESOME!! I am SO very proud of you. And you've been on program all week so you'll probably have another good loss. There's just no telling though. Look at me....I was good and stayed the same. We just have to put our heads down and keep on working at our programs. I'm on the scale all the time too. I don't change my behavior....I just need to know what it says.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had such a fun and productive trip. I'm especially proud of you too for not gaining more than .6. That's truly astounding and demonstrates that you really exercised self-control. Now for the packing!

Sloan, you are one of the Chicks now and we take care of our own. It doesn't matter if you've been here for a week or 5 years...like me.

Speaking of time...RITA....of course I remember you. Welcome Home Chickie! I'm still hanging in here too stupid to give up. Since you've been gone I lost 45 pounds and gained it all back plus and am now on the way back down and have lost 36 pounds to date. I'm on Jenny Craig right now because I couldn't learn portion control. As soon as I get a handle on it, I'll be back at WW and eating all Core foods. Sorry about your DH and you. Sad. I'm a stress eater too so I understand the whole frito thing. You can do it and in the process you'll help Christopher too. Just start hanging out here with us again. You know we'll try to help all we can.

Choices, let us know how your weigh in goes and definitely share anything you learn from your Dietitian. Sometimes I think I could be one myself but who'd go to a fat Dietitian?

My Doctor said any program was good if I'd follow it. Grrrr....I wanted to crack him. Actually, he said he was great with WW and ok with JC and Nutrisystem. He's not a fan of the processed foods but thought it would be good for a jumpstart.

Jim and I just emptied a bunch of junk out of the basement that has been there since the last cancelled garage sale. We still have more stuff to get rid of. I'm on a mission to declutter. Our house is big but we were running out of room. We have too much stuff we don't need or use. Like fat.

I'm gonna go snap some fresh green beans for dinner. Tonight I'm having chicken fajitas. They are yummy. I saute some mushrooms and add them in. http://www.jennycraig.com/food/cuisi...ner/detail/30/

Talk to you all later.

Good luck in the morning, Sandra. I'll be waiting to hear the news.

Vickie
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks for all the support Chicks. You're awesome! I'm feeling better about it today. I'm waiting for my turn at the treadmill. I'm really hungry this morning. Probably not a very good sigh. My black decaf that Jim made for me this morning tastes great though!

We cleaned stuff out of the basement last night and it feels good.

Mary Ann, I'm worried about you. I hope you're feeling better this morning. I have it on my to do list to call about getting a flu shot. We've been getting them since the 1990's. Can't have you getting sick around Leo either.

Vickie
09-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Jim had his weigh in this morning and has lost 58.4 pounds! I gotta go get on my treadmill now!

Vickie
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Grrrrr......I must have computed my weight loss wrong for my ticker a week ago. I'm down 35.8 instead of 36.2. Man....I'm losing ground.

choices
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Morning chicks. While at the library picking up some books, I saw this book with a heavy woman in a bathing suit on the cover..which of course attracted me:o how brave she is I thought. The title is "Scoot over skinny" by Donna Jarrell,and Ira Sukrungruang. It's a small bk. loaded with info. It consists of several short true stories of people who are,or have been overweight,their feelings,emotions,and how they come to terms with their health issues. Each story is unrelated to the next,and I was surprised at how I just kept reading one story after the other and kept finding things that I could relate to. I think it's a good healthy read. It's not a diet book,or how to,but stories from individuals...people very much like us.
Tomorrow is dietitian day...will check in w/youall after.
I made the zero points soup..don't know what it's called w/core..but I'll be nourshing myself with that today.
Be good for yourself...Choices~~:hug:

Tejas
09-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi All:

I'm just stopping in while at work dealing with the minor crises that always come up at the beginning of the year. I am NOT going to miss this at all!

Maryann, I hope you're feeling better. Sounds a little scary actually.

Vickie, you're awesome so stop berating yourself :coach:

Does anyone know where Coco is; did she just drop out?

I went to the personal training session this morning and would love to take a nap right about now :yawn:

I hope you all have a good afternoon.

BBL,
Rhonda

Vickie
09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Shucks, Rhonda. Thanks. I'm not very happy with myself right now but I'll try to stop being so negative. I just got off the treadmill. GOOD for me.

I sent a PM to Coco but haven't heard anything back. I thought I had her real email address but I don't. I'm hoping she logs on and gets my PM. It looks like she hasn't been around since the beginning of August.

I say...have that nap. I'm going to shower and log in my fit day. I was getting really tired of a mixed field greens salad every day at lunch. Today I had a cup of coleslaw mix with my lite creamy salad dressing on it. It was awesome.

Poor Jim. I had chili con carne with beans for lunch with raw cabbage coleslaw. Hmmmmmm.....I'm thinking I won't be too pretty to be around later!

Vickie
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Choices, is the book about weight loss or leaning how to be happy and overweight? I make the WW zero point soup all the time in the cold weather. It's scrumptious. I need to find some recipes to make it taste like mexican zero point soup.

ontarget
09-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Vickie, that's still an awesome loss. You're not losing ground; you're losing pounds. :woohoo:

I gained .6 this week. I knew I'd have a gain. I lose better when I don't use the WAP's. That may be just me but that's what normally happens when I use them.

Maryann, I'm proud of you for never giving up. Are you feeling better now? I hope so.

We had a good meeting at WW today. Next week I'll go to the PM class so I'll prob have a gain cuz of the difference between AM & PM weighing. I'm going to be all right about it and not throw in the proverbial towel. :lol:

Vickie
09-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm just glad it didn't cause me to lose my 35 pound chick.

Sandra, maybe you won't have a gain. Maybe your loss next week will offset the time of day weigh in. How many WAP's did you use this week? Maybe you cand do some exercise if you like using the WAP's.

Are you changing to the PM meeting permanently?

ontarget
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm glad you didn't lose that chickie, too. I used 21 WAP's. You're right about the exercise. I did almost none this past week and need to do a lot more if I'm going to use the extra pts.

ontarget
09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Choices, thank you for sharing the book with us.

Rhonda, I had always heard the people "know" when it's time to retire---then I started following Brett Favre. I'm glad you're looking forward to your next chapter in life. You're going to love sitting in that swing sipping sweet tea.

Vickie
09-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Artificially sweetened, I'm sure.

Tejas
09-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Naw, Vickie...white death for me :) ;)

blessedwithsarah
09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone. Its been non stop here -- just can't say what we've been doing! Trying to get into the new year schedule. Things are starting this week for her activities and I'm trying to keep up with my walking and biking. I did go for a hard 25 minute ride today. It felt really good. I need to get back to writing down my food, stopped doing that on Friday. The long weekend just seemed to keep going for me.

I need to read and catch up with everyone. Vickie -- to make the zero point soup try mixing in your favorite salsa and a can of black beans and a can or corn. I've done that and its a nice change.

Sandra - congrats on the loss, I would consider less than a pound staying the same! :)

Rhonda - welcome back. How soon till dh moves to TX? End of the month? I hope you can get everything organized and settled. It must be very nice to have a count down that won't change! What does the new house look like? Sorry if you did describe it and I missed it.

I'm off to mix some yogrut with ss/ff pudding and then top with some fruit. YUM. Have a good night!

Tejas
09-09-2009, 08:00 AM
:wave:

Good morning...we're very busy with the onslaught of new students today and tomorrow.

For the first time in ages I'm not at spinning on Wednesday AM. I did spinning, personal training yesterday, and walked for over an hour last night. I'm skipping today's class!

Have a great day...be moderate in your eating, move your booty, and make Vickie happy by drinking lots of water. Deal?

Rhonda

Vickie
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I can't believe it's Wednesday already. The week is flying.

Rhonda, I think eating small amount of regular sugar are better than artificial sweeteners. My problem at the moment is that small amounts are not sweet enough for me. I'm trying to change my taste buds. Until then....it's Splenda for me. I hate that work will get in the way for you but that's your life for a couple more months. That's awesome exercise you got yesterday. I'll be walking in about an hour.

Paula, the whirlwind of the beginning of school. I haven't talked with my Niece much the past week. She's got two in school and one for the first time. And their activities are starting up too for all three of them. She has no time for chit chat!

I'm off to eat breakfast. Talk to you all later.

blessedwithsarah
09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Vickie - good luck to your niece. I have just one, I can't imagine having 2, 3 or God forbid more than that!!

Vickie
09-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I exercised 1.5 miles in 36 minutes. Good for this little short chubby body!

I'm not hungry today. Hmmmmm.....what's up with that?

ontarget
09-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Vickie and Rhonda, congrats on the exercise. The only exercise I've gotten today is for my noodle. I'm getting ready to teach college algebra tomorrow. This is going to be an experience. :lol: I doubt any of the students have studied as much as I have for tomorrow's classes. (2) I'll have these classes twice next week, also, so my studying has just begun.

Paula, our grands are back in the swing of things, too. The 6 yo is into a jumprope class after school for her first time. Our 10 yo is in a different jumprope class. They are getting oodles of exercise.

I like what you said about a less than 1 lb gain not really being a gain. That helps me to think of that.

Vickie, I'm making our sweet tea using Splenda. I just can't seem to drink points. I like to chew them.

Rhonda, you're getting in tons of exercise. And I can't say enough how gooooooood you look. Congratulations, Cuz.

sloanie
09-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey chickadees! Just stopping by to check in. I've got to go do some school work. Have a good night everyone!

Tejas
09-10-2009, 04:02 AM
Here I am, wide awake at 3 AM...where's Vickie?
I hope the toast and milk ease me back to sleep.

My eating has been wonky these last two days, but I managed to make a great salad last night to counteract the donut and 1/2 piece of pizza I had yesterday :eek:

But, if that is all the "stress eating" I do over the next two days, I'll be proud of myself. There is a young woman in my life who has two young children and is in an abusive relationship overseas. I have spent the last two days making arrangements to get her back home, paying their air fare and wiring money. I'm so glad I have it to send. If all goes well, they will be back safely on Friday afternoon and we can celebrate together.

I'll be off to exercise in about 3 hours. That will get rid of some of my excessive anxiety.

Rhonda

Vickie
09-10-2009, 04:27 AM
I'm here!

But I'm going to bed now. You're an awesome friend, Rhonda.

Tejas
09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
I've been awake all this time. At least I went to bed at 10PM so I did get some sleep.

I packed dishes for the move and went to the exercise class. Now, just not to eat my way through to Friday afternoon :crossed:

Rhonda

Vickie
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I feel crummy. My ear and gland hurt again. I haven't been off antibiotics that long. Sigh.

beach bum
09-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had some kind of 24hr bug,as I feeling fine again. I guess I need the well rested sleep that my body needed. I even had a small surprise on the scale this morn,hope it stays that way for this Mon W-I.

Had a lot of shopping grocery and walmart.Bought a brown pair of shoes awhile ago,so now I had to get a brown hand bag to go with it. It looks like the colors in the fall ensemble is going to be earth tones again.

Mary Ann, I'm worried about you. I hope you're feeling better this morning. I have it on my to do list to call about getting a flu shot. We've been getting them since the 1990's. Can't have you getting sick around Leo either.

VICKIE-I'm fine again I think I was getting run down with all that's going on with Leo. I usually have my physical in Sept, so when I go to the Doctor's will ask him for a flu shot this time around.Thanks for thinking about me,I really appreciate that.Sorry about your ear & gland aching,looks like we all have something,hope we're not catching computer fever. :lol:

RHONDA-I 'm fine again,thanks for the kind words.I promise I will take care of myself,by keeping healthy for Leo sake.Oh I hope not, she usually checks in even if she busy. Sorry about your sleepless night hope you find your ZZZ's tonight.

COCO IF YOUR LURKING PLEASE CHECK-IN WE'RE ALL WORRIED ABOUT YOU.

SANDRA-Your gain of .6 has to be water,it will go down for sure.I'm certainly not going to give up I have come so far to this battle of the bulge ever since 1990. and I going to continue until I win the war and hit my goal.

PAULA-Hope you will be able to keep the new year schedule. You did great in the exercising dept. I have to start being active again.

Have a great day,

ontarget
09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Rhonda, you're a great friend. Now get some rest and try not to stress. Half a slice of pizza? Just think of what it could have been. You're doing great.

Vickie, I hope you're not getting sick. Do you take vitamins? I take so many I rattle when I walk. :lol:

Maryann, I'm glad you're better. I'm trying to stay off the scales but "feel" as if I'm losing this week. Life is good.

sloanie
09-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey chickies!

Another busy/crazy day at school. We are still working with the new curriculum, and there are still a lot of bugs to work out. My eating has been better today, but the night is young :lol:

Sandra-thanks for slowing the wagon down for me. I'm trying to get a runnin' start so I can hop on.

Rhonda and Vickie-I hope you both are napping right now!

Maryann-I'm glad you feel better!

Hey to the rest of you chicks! GTG do some school work :dizzy:

ontarget
09-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Sloan,:cheers:

Tejas
09-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi:

I did not get a nap and tonight I went to spinning class, followed by a yoga class. I am least refreshed and rested..ready for a hot bath and early to bed. :yawn:

Vickie and Maryann, I hope that you feel better soon. Sloan, I'm happy that your new curriculum bugs are being worked out. Sandra, I tried to remember what differential equations really are all about but failed! And, I used to be good at that stuff! Let me see, find X when you know y or something like that? I'm not even going to look it up. Good luck, cuz.

Today a friend/neighbor confirmed for me that his wife's breast cancer has returned with a vengence, spreading to her brain and spine. They are in their 50's and he is devastated, not surprisingly. Enjoy every day, Chickies!

Rhonda

sloanie
09-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Rhonda-You sure have some heavy "friend issues". I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's breast cancer, but I'm happy to hear that you are able to help your other friend get out of a bad situation. I'll be praying for both of those situations. I hope you get some much needed rest tonight! As for the bugs being worked out, I think our bugs are birthing more bugs. Just when we think we have figured one thing out, we find more issues to work on. We are still committed to this project, but it is very frustrating as well as rewarding.

Sandra-I wish we were having that little toast right now. I could use a night cap. I've had too much coffee and have been staring at one lesson for a couple of hours. :dizzy:

I want to go to bed, but the coffee is not gonna let me!

Vickie
09-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I gave up and got up. I've got an appointment with the Doctor today. It was just 6 weeks ago that I was on antibiotics for the same ear/gland. It's been a vicsious allergy season here so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I do take great vitamins but I guess sometimes it's not enough. I don't know why I wouldn't have great resistance since I've been eating healthier for the last 7 months than for a long time before that. I hope he has some ideas. In the meantime, I've got my stomach all messed up from taking so many OTC's to try to get the sinus headache/earache/swollen gland to go away.

Rhonda, you do have lots of bad situations going on around you. I'm amazed at your energy to continue to exercise and get yourself ready to move. Good for you. Try not to run yourself down.

Sandra, you're teaching COLLEGE! And College Algebra at that. I barely passed high school algebra. The only thing I liked was equations. It was clear that I was not going to be a Scientist. Journalism and computers were more my interests. How did the class go?

Mary Ann, I'm glad you're rested and feeling better.

I'm going to try to exercise this morning. It certainly can't hurt. I'm on program but have no enthusiasm. Shame on me.

Talk to you all later.

blessedwithsarah
09-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone. Its a gloomy morning here in the North East. Can't really complain, its been a couple weeks since we had any rain. My eating is not too great -- Sandra, can you slow that wagon down just a bit more. I keep falling on my face when I try to hop on! Thanks.

Today is a new day. I know what my problem is -- once again its my night time eating. I need to get back to nothing to eat after 8:00. Last night I had my yogurt mixed with ff/sf chocolate pudding topped with fresh raspberries. It was very good and very filling. But then after 9:00 I got the bag of peanuts and had those. Why, I don't know.....UGH.. Why do I do that to myself???????

Try again today, that's all I can do. I do have a Drs appt finally on the 23rd. I'm very curious to see where my thryiod level is. I've been struggling so much lately, I bet its off. If its not, that will be a whole different discussion with him.

Hope you all have a great day. BBL

beach bum
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM

Nothing new to report,going to take it easy today,as we did lots of shopping yesterday. We have to watch out pockets & pocketbooks. Might take a walk or use the bike this afternoon.I also have to do lots of laundry.Speaking of Laundry has COCO gotten in touch with any of you. I miss her,hope everything this ok at her end.

SANDRA-Its hard to stay off the scale unless if the numbers that come up don't bother you. That's when it hits you physic. I use the scale as a tool to see how I'm doing when I on my low calorie day.

SLOAN-Glad you eating is getting better,some time it takes time to get the eating habits in control.

RHONDA-Oh my goodness,I'm so sorry for them,I know what they are going thought TG Leo's cancer hasn't spread.Today he on his 2 nd chemo pill so far so good,so real bad side effects.

WoW your really doing great in exercising.I'm going to crown you EXERCISING :queen:QUEEN on this chat.You must have been tried,hope you don't over do it,but the scale should show a good W-I.

VICKIE-Thanks,Hope the doctor will find answers for you,now that your eating healthy,there must be another problem that he can cure.

PAULA-Maybe you could eat some protein or have a protein shake in the evening to stop the night time eating. I saw on a board some where that 1 TB of peanut butter [ WW protein] is a good way to keep you from eating when hunger happens.

I had my thyroid tested with my doctor and the test came back negative. He asked me to keep an journal for two weeks and I should show it to him,He said I was eating healthy,and had no answers for me.Except he said I should be losing at my age. So I than I ditched the diets and now I'm counting calories and watching portions by eating out of the black plastic trays you get from frozen entrees. Went on my cruise in July gained 8 lbs but i still hanging in the 170's instead of the 168's where I was before. Wish I could give you the answers.PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED WHAT THE DOCTOR TOLD YOU,as I really interested of what he come up with.

Have a great morning I will be back latter.

ontarget
09-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Rhonda, I'm so sorry about your friend. You're right. We should enjoy every day to the fullest.

Sloan and Paula, thank you for mentioning the wagon. I was just about to tumble. Now your words are tying me on better.

Vickie, I made it through the lessons. Whew! Do we lose weight sweating bullets?

Maryann, I always say do whatever works for you. And what you're doing has to be working for you. You're a lot smaller than I am.

Just finished working with a student in preparation for the Texas Exit Math test. I may be seeing X's in my sleep tonight. Curtis is at the club. I told him I need something decadent and for him to get us each 1 serving of something. Now if he's being stronger than I, he won't come home with anything. And if he brings one serving of something, I'll use WAP's. Whichever, I'm still on the wagon.

choices
09-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Whoops...I posted the results from the dietitian's office on last wks. chat...choices~

Vickie
09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I have an inner ear infection, sinus infection, and swollen glands. I'm on antibiotics...again..for the next 10 days and Mucinex DM for the same amount of time.

Going to sleep now!

ontarget
09-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Vickie, I hope you get better soon.

Choices, I just read your post and came here to tell everyone to go over to last week's thread and read it. Your post really makes me think. it also makes me want to exercise more. (Guess I need to get off the couch.)

Just had my little decadence that Curtis brought home. I checked off WAP's and am eating lightly the rest of today. Life is good.

blessedwithsarah
09-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Choices, thanks for posting the information from the dietician. The big picture does help to keep us focused and positive. I can get so frustrated with the numbers on the scale today and forget:
1. I'm eating healthy
2. I'm setting a great example for my daughter - the importance of eating healthy and exercise. Not mommy being grumpy being on another diet. My goal is to have her NOT be concerned with dieting.
3. I exercise every day -- I didn't do that 4 years ago. I do need to push myself more.
4. Since I made lifetime I may have gained some weight back, but I'm still wearing all the same clothes.

A challenge to you all -- how are you better today than in the past????

sloanie
09-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Happy to report that I am 20 pounds lighter than 18 months ago, and I am eating healthier, for the most part. I agree that it is important to look at the big picture, but I need some shoes with springs so I can hop along beside the wagon 'cause I sure am having trouble staying on the darned thing. One day on then one day off. Maybe a length of Sandra's rope to tie myself on.

Rhonda-I agree with Maryann. You are the :queen: of exercise. Is your friend getting from overseas tonight? I hope all is well!

Sandra-If I had to do college math, my head would explode! I'm impressed !

Maryann-I'm glad you're takin' it easy today. You and Leo both need your rest.

Paula-When I get my hoppin' shoes, I'll get you some.

Vickie-I'm so sorry about your infection. Hang in there ;)

Choices-I like your dietician! Congrats on quitting the smokes! My DH has quit 1000 times. He currently is on the wagon, but he struggles every day!

I'm getting off of here, and I'm going to pour a glass of wine. I'll let you know how it tastes later. TTFN

Tejas
09-11-2009, 11:26 PM
all is well...she and her children are safely back in Canada now.

sloanie
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
That's awesome. I know you must be their guardian :angel:

ontarget
09-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Rhonda, :hug: That's great news. I hope all goes well for them.

Sloan, I think my head did explode. And I didn't mean to make this sound like I was teaching harder math than I really am. I am teaching Developmental I and II Algebra. These courses are to prepare the students for the regular Algebra classes. (And these courses are hard for me. I'm having to stretch my mind to teach them.)

Passing the Texas Exit Math Test is required for receiving a high school diploma. The young man I'm working with has finished all his high school credits but hasn't passed this exit exam yet. If he doesn't pass it in October, I think he's going to get a GED.

I did have my WW TV dinner tonight. Now the next 3 days I need to stick to my daily points and avoid WAP's.

Vickie
09-12-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm taking my sick self off to bed. I'll talk to you all in the morning.

blessedwithsarah
09-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Vickie, sorry to hear you are back on antibiotics. I hope you kick it once and for all this time.

Sandra, I actually have a BS in Math. I was going to teach high school math, but in my Jr year switched to business. I think if I had to tutor math now (22 years since college!), my head would explode as well!!! Good luck.

Sloan, my rope broke. Send some my way!

Weighed in today. I gained 2. Not happy. But its a new day and a new week. 2 weeks till I go to the Dr and see what he says.

Its a rainy day here -- taking dd to gymnastics. I wanted to walk while she is in class, but I'm not going in the rain. Her class is 55 minutes and we are 10 minutes from the gym. Not enough time to make it worth coming home. Maybe I'll bring my camera and take some pictures of her. Then at 1:00 is a Girl Scout open house. She did ask if she could join that as well, so I'll take her and check it out. We'll see if we can fit it into her schedule.

Well, off to get ready, Gym at 10. Oh, I'll upload some pictures as well.

blessedwithsarah
09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Lets see if this works -- trying to add a couple of pictures. One is first day of school, the other is me and DD in Maine.

sloanie
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Paula-I love the pictures! Thanks for posting them. I'm still looking for the rope and those hoppin' shoes, so I'll have to get back to you on that. Hang in there 2 pounds is not the end of the world. You'll have that off in no time.

Sandra-even developmental math would make my head explode! I'm thinking about counting points for a few days to get myself on track. I'm not sure if I have my head around that yet, but I'm thinking it would help.

I've got to get off here. We are having work done on our driveway today, and if I don't get away to work at school pretty soon I could be stuck. BBL to check in.

Have a great day, y'all!

beach bum
09-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Looks like my plan for walking is out as we're going to have rain off & on,so I going to do my walking video instead for 30 m.

Thought hard about my plan for next week and I decided I have to have my daily bread at my supper meal. 1/2 a sandwich with 1/2 c of soup or 1/2 sandwich with a tossed salad,and see what happens at my W-I's.

SANDRA-Oh I will continue what I'm doing ,love this way of counting calories but I'm going to see if I can lower the bread carbs to a minimum.

VICKIE-Oh I'm so sorry,to heard this.Hope those antiboitics will help clear the infection.

SLOAN-Congrats on your 20lbs lighter,than 18 mounts ago. I just went the opposite way 18 mounts ago 1 was 162 and I'm up today 170,and that was watching what I was eating with portion control. Gee!! Just think if I didn't watch. We;re relaxing again for today & Sunday as we golf watchers and we will watch the playoffs on TV.

PAULA-Sorry for your gain,it just could be something you ate. I W-I this Monday,and hope for a promising loss.Love you photos,our DD send us picks of the first day of school,but of course I don't know how to post them.

Have a great weekend

Tejas
09-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Great pictures, Paula!

sloanie
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey chickies! I worked at school for about 8 hours today. I ended up throwing away five trash cans full (just the regular size cans not the huge ones), and I'm so happy. My room looks so much better; not to mention how nice it is to feel free of so much stuff. Eating is still crazy. I'll get it together soon. Hope all of you have had a great day.

TTFN

ontarget
09-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Sloan, sounds like you had a productive day. My eating today wasn't stellar. I should have had more veggies. Life goes on.

ontarget
09-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Awesome photos, Paula. Thank you for sharing. DD is adorable. It's great to now have faces to put with names. I was taking math in college back in the late 60's early 70's. Time flies, doesn't it?

Maryann, I had too many carbs today. I need more fruit and veggies. I'm counting points, too, trying to get back in the groove of things.

Rhonda and Vickie, how's your day? We're getting mucho rain and are loving it.

Tejas
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
My day was mostly spent packing fragile items for the move.

I bet Vickie's been sleeping. Or, at least I hope she has been!

Vickie
09-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I feel a tiny bit better but still pretty sick. I'm SO glad that I got into the Doctor's office on Friday. I just know this all would have been much worse if I had to wait until Monday to start medicine. It really doesn't seem like it's working but I've only had two doses. I've only been taking one Mucinex so I'm going to up it to two. Maybe that will help. And, I have been sleeping a lot.

Our TV lamp went out, the washer is making a weird noise, Jim's back is out. Funny how everything, even little annoying things, seem so much worse when one is sick.

I'm going to do more laying on the couch. Jim hasn't been on the treadmill for 2 days. I walked on Friday but doubt that either of us will walk today. I did all the laundry and stuff yesterday so we can lay down if we want.

I hope you are all well and staying on program. I drank 11 glasses of water yesterday. Both my Levaquin and the Mucinex say to drink extra water. That should help, right? It's the best I can do.

I'm off to catch up on all of you.

Vickie
09-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Sandra, you are just too cute for words! I think it's wonderful that you are feeling so energized by your teaching again. Does Curtis feel left out? Have some veggies today. They fill your tummy and keep you from wanting to eat higher point foods. I just read vegetable article today that said we should be making veggie soup now with all the fresh produce and freezing it for over the winter. I've been thinking about my zero point soup again lately. Think of all the lovely late summer zucchini I could put in there. How are you doing with your points?

Sloan, what's causing your struggles right now, stress? That's a big habit to break. I think I may have done it now finally with Jenny but I can't explain why it happened. I think it's because I have such a strict program with no freedom and for some reason I feel obligated to follow it. I hope I don't go back to stress eating after JC. What can we do to inspire you? 20 pounds in 18 months with the amount you have left to lose is awesome! And...you are eating healthier. Celebrate your successes while trying to create some new ones.

Rhonda, I'm so glad your friend is safe. You should feel proud for having helped her. Packing for a move was one of the most stressful things I have done in my adult life. Are you the organized type with a plan? I almost drove Jim crazy.

Geez, Paula, you and DD look like you should be doing Ivory commercials together! What a beautiful Mom and daughter you are. I love seeing pictures. I'll show you all mine as soon as I look as good as Paula. I'm sorry about your gain but that was from vacation, right? You will get it off. I'm finding that dieting during perimenopause is harder than dieting ever was before. But, you are still too young for that to be an issue. I had my thyroid tested and the Doc keeps telling me it's normal. I've got a Prevention book coming from the library about the "hidden" thyroid disorder that doesn't show up in the traditional blood tests. I'd think it was a bit of hooey but I tend to trust Prevention magazine....at least a little bit. Keep us posted.

Mary Ann, it's been gorgeous here. Sorry the weather is interfering with your walks. How's Leo?

Ok Chicks! I'll stop in during the day when I can haul myself off the couch.

sloanie
09-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Vickie, I love reading your posts. They are so inspirational! I know you've had your struggles, but you have such a great attitude. I think the "little annoying things" that you mentioned are the problem for me. I am so thankful that my family and I are not dealing with serious illness that I tend to minimize the everyday stressors that have piled up on me lately. When I read Maryann and Donna's posts I think I am being such a whiner! The "nurse side" of me knows that stress is stress, but the "other side" of me tends to push everything to the back and live in the moment. I know I need to be doing several things: 1. Drink more water, 2. Exercise more to relieve stress, 3. Look at each stressor and make a plan for dealing with it, 4. Keep a food journal (my least favorite thing in the world). So that said, I will take baby steps to do each of those things this week, and I will try to adopt your positive attitude.

I'll BBL to catch up, but now I need to start on those baby steps!

Vickie
09-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I have a busy day today even though I don't feel quite up to it. I've got JC and a hair cut and color this afternoon. The medicine is starting to work but I've had this darned headache forehead pressure for a week. I had a break from the smokey smell but it's back with my infection. I'm close to going to see the neurologist.

I hope you are all well. Thanks, Sloan, for your kind words. I don't feel to positive today, but I'm trying.