LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers sept 6-sept 13 2009

mj2007
09-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a relaxed labor-day weekend!Just wanted to share with you all that I completed my first month at LAWL yesterday and i lost 11.4 lbs and 5 inches.
Not a huge achievement i guess...but it is a start atleast and gives me hope that I can break free of all these extra lbs and find my true self once again.

Take care and have a great weekend!
MJ

momofthree
09-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey all. Happy Labor Day to you. Can someone with LA Chef sumit this recipe. I am interested to see what the exchanges for it would be. I'm guessing 1 fat,1 pro,1veg. Thanks in advance.

Stuffed Tilapia
Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1 fillet

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large sauté pan, sauté garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes in olive oil. Add approximately 1/3 of the spinach, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add more spinach as the spinach reduces in volume until all the spinach has been added. Set aside and let the spinach mixture cool.

Combine the cooled spinach mixture with the feta cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Spoon approximately 1/3 cup of the spinach mixture onto each fillet. Roll the fillet around the spinach stuffing and place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush the tops of the fillets with the remaining lemon juice. Lightly sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.

Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the fish flakes when pricked with a fork.

Ingredients:
6 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
1 pound fresh spinach leaves, rinsed thoroughly
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Cooking spray
Coarsely ground pepper

Nutrient Facts
Calories: 170
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Calories from fat: 45
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 250 mg

equinetcan
09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Hope everyone had a good long weekend. I have tomorrow off as well and then back at it again for wednesday and thursday and then off friday and monday again - done next Tuesday. So not much time left for me there.

I ordered the Shred yesterday online from amazon.ca so it should be here in about a week. I got it for $14.49 CDN so I didn't think too bad. I also got the whole first season of True Blood - I have never seen it but other people tell me its good so I went with it - it was $35 off so not a bad deal. I love Twilight series so I expect I'll like this too. Can't wait for New Moon movie to come out in Nov.

Quiet weekend for me but then again it usually is.

I'll check in again tomorrow...keep up the good work folks!!!

Mama Nicole
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
I am sooo excited that Alannah is joining or Shred club!!!! Tomorrow will be my 30th day......and let me tell you.....the time really flew. Anyone want to start the cahllenge, cuz I'll so for anohter 30 days, starting on Wed. :)

It was a very intense weekend around here.....my brother, girlfirend,and hs two girls were here, and I pretty much made food all weekend long. Check out this list of naughtiness: Krispe Kreme copycat doughnuts, pulled pork (DH made that), chicken enchilladas, moon pies, and sweetie buns. OMG......I ate naughty things....but in moderation.....which is my latest motto....well, it's not mine, but it is a good one.......I now enjoy everything in moderation.....if and only if I really want to. I will WI on Wed. to see how much I have lost since beginning of the Shred. I am not expecting anything more than 5 lbs.........but as long as there is a loss, I will be happy. I know I am building muscle......and I am so excited to continue to get strong. I hope a few more of you join Jillian's challenge.......it has helped me soo much ;)

Ok, time to watch a movie with DH. Have a great night, and a hard working Monday ;)
XOXO

Kristinx
09-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Alannah, True Blood is an awesome show! It's sort of an "adult" version of Twilight I find....way more gory, dark and well, lots of nudity! haha

I behaved quite badly over the long weekend...but...long weekends are pretty much over for the summer so hopefully back to business!

Did anyone else hear the news? There is a Biggest Loser game coming out for the Wii in October! That will be on my Christmas list for sure! I am probably going to start the Wii Active 30 Day challenge in October (and hopefully not injure myself again!). Maybe I will become a Shredder later....for now I want to actually complete the Active challenge :)

sweetandspicy
09-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Nicole- I am very proud of you for completing the 30 day shred. I am going to get started back too. The food you made this weekend sounds amazing. I think it took a lot of self control to eat in moderation, so way to go!!!

Kristin- I will also put that on my Christmas List I have not used the Wii except to play games so I look forward to getting to use it for exercise.

Alannah- you will like the Shred, just give it some time, you will be sore the first few days but it gets easier-- just ask Nicole!!

Not to much to report. We got a lot done around the house this weekend, WE rearranged our bedroom and got a new comforter and draperies for our anniversery. It looks like a brand new room and it functions so much better. We got the gutters cleaned out too, that was quite disgusting.

My Dh is fighting with his brother so there is quite a bit of turmoil with his family and I am trying to keep my mouth out of it. Needless to say never loan your relatives money!!!Sometimes I think I should be on a reality show because I just know no one would believe the things that really happen in my life. But just the thought of someone filming me all the time freaks me out. The $$$ would be nice though!!

I must say I have enjoyed the evenings cooling down a bit. I have started my walk/jogs again. I can not believe how far I can job sometimes. I never thought 25 weeks ago when I started my weight loss journey that I would ever be able to jog or even think about running. There is a group here at work that run during lunch and I saw them out the other day, to me when people say run I think run, not jog. So I might just join them next month when the weather gets cooler.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

JLem311
09-08-2009, 10:19 AM
morning all. back to the grind (ha!) i guess.
it was a wonderful long weekend. worked out 6 days last week and going for the same..been doing great keeping up with it. hope everyone else is too!

and CONGRATS to NICOLE for finishing the 30 Day Shred! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

JerseyMadchen
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Morning guys!

I am SOOOO glad to be back from vacation! We went to VA Beach with all of my inlaws nd it rained everyday. The kids were brats and cling-y, and my inlaws NEVER shut up. UGH!

Oh, and the fod was horrible. I doubt that I had one fruit or vegetable last week, and the scale showed it! As well as my body, I felt sooo bad all week, just felt like a sludge.

GOod news is I am home and back OP with my DH. He's onboard with me, and we're doing GREAT!

Well, still waiting to hear about my job, hopefully I hear this week... already spent about $500 on clothes for the job... now I have to get it!!

Have a great OP day guys!!

JerseyMadchen
09-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh, and just before I forget....

Yoplait makes these 100 calorie Yogurt Parfaits that are to DIE for!! I found out about them through Hungry Girl, and have tried the lemon tort and te chocolate raspberry. Lemon torte is AMAZING. ChocoRasp tastes like fake sweetener....just too sweet.

Just wanted to pass it on! I am having one for dessert after dinner tonight as my dairy, and I cannot wait!!

Mama Nicole
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Wow, you girls have such faith in me.........I told you that today would be my 30th day of the shred, and you have congratulated me before I reported that I DID INDEED COMPLETE THE 30 DAY SHRED!!!!
http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/43317/2648860250099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2648860250099958805vZRGNS)
Yeah......how DO you like me now, Jillian.....you non-sweating psycho!!! What is with that anyway.....why doesn't she sweat? Maybe it's cuz she never shuts up..lol.

Anyway......I am totally up for another 30 days, and anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome :) I may take some measurements today, we'l see. The numbers can be discouraging sometimes.......I know for some it is a good thing....I have found over the years that it can do more damage than good.

Amy6......I have a rule of thumb when it comes to lending money to anyone......I only lend it if I can afford to never get it back.....and I expect to never get it back.....and if I do,well, it's a nice bonues. That way, I am never mad at the people I love. My Aunt gave me that advice long ago, and it is one of the best pieces of advice I ever listened to. I hope it all works out soon for your family. A troubled DH is never fun.

JerseyAmy......sorry your vacation sucked the big one. I can only imagine being cooped up with inlaws for so long......eeeeee. I am glad you are back and that DH is on board with you. It makes it so much easier to cook and such when you are working towards the same goals.

Hi Kirstin :)

Jilian......you rock girl. I may do 6 days also, I just havne't decided. Do you sweat like crazy when you are shredding. Holy cow, I do.....my hair is pretty much soaked by the time I am finiahed. It's really kinda gross to have sweat dripping into my mouth too.....ewwww.

Ok, have to get something else done here today....my arm is starting to get tired from patting myself on the back for so long :rofl:. See you all soon :)
XOXO

Repo girl
09-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Miss Nicole, you are my hero!!

We camped all weekend. It was really nice, but man, I have a lot to do this week. My DH is finally working, after being laid off for 9 months. I thought I would be so thrilled for him to be back to work, but instead I am feeling lonley and overwhelmed. He is working in the grain and potato harvest, and is putting in 13-15 hour days 6 days a week. The harvest will go on for about 8 weeks. The money will be great, but this seriously sucks! My kids are so used to having him around that the change has been really hard for them. They literally never see him, since he is asleep when they leave for school, and they are asleep when he gets home. My littlest cried for her daddy so hard last night that she threw up twice. I dug my whole potato patch last night, looks like we got about 80 lbs of red, purple and russett potatoes. Today I have to start bottling peaches and pears. After work I am going to my FIL's to pick his plums for jam and syrup, then going to my cousins house to pick chokecherries for syrup. At the same time, my squash is coming on with a vengance, my beets need to be pickled, the beans need picked and canned, and the corn needs to be picked and processed, and I have apples ready to be turned into cider and applesauce. Good lord, I better get off of the internet and get busy!

AmyM- My inlaws all hate each other, and have had 2 huge facebook fights in the last week. I feel for you!

chiquita623
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Good Morning Everyone. Just checking in. I'm off on vacation this week so really not much new with me other than doing a whole lot of nothing!!

Nicole - you rock!!!! You and Jillian are my heroes!!!

And Katie - you make me tired just from reading all you have to do!!

Repo girl
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Laurie- Enjoy your vacation time!

Alannah- I am so sorry about your job situation, but you are right, maybe this is a good time for a new start!

JLem311
09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
nicole, yes i'm totally a hot sweaty mess by the time i'm done shredding. especially since i do almost all of the advanced moves. :) it's awesome. i had pete do the Shred with me on saturday morning..level 3. he about died. it was hilarious! :)

i'm gonna start doing more cardio on top of the Shred as well. so a double workout...crazy, yes. needed, definitely.

JLem311
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
a great quote that Jillian Michaels found and posted on Twitter:

"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no 'I'll start tomorrow.' Tomorrow is disease."

Mama Nicole
09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Ahhh, I am going to have to find Jillian Michaels on twitter.

Katie.....so happy/sorry that DH is working :) I hear ou though....my Scott and I are always day dreaming of how nice it would be if he didn't have to work, and how many exciting things we would enjoy doing together. Your poor little girl......that is some serious upset when vomitting is involved. It will be no time before they all adjust, and your DH will feel very fulfilled working again.....even though I am sure he'd rather spend his time home with you :)

Ok, coffee break will be over in a few and I have to check FB :)
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi Kimberly!!! How are you?? Haven't seen you in a while!!

How is your family?

JerseyMadchen
09-08-2009, 11:22 PM
So, for dinner tonight I made "Chicken with Apples and Cider" from one of my WW cookbooks. I was a little apprehenive when I was making it, but it was FANTASTIC. YUM.

I am making 4 out of 5 dinners this week out of that book, and I am batting 3 for 3! I made burgers last night, but they COMPLETELY fell apart, so I just made them up like sloppy joes. They were FABULOUS. Oh, and I have lost 6 lbs!!

I was on vacay last week and ate horribly, and weighed in at 251 (!!!!!!!!) on Saturday, and was 245 this morning. I've been OP since Sunday and I feel like a million bucks!!

Mama Nicole
09-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Good morning girls and boy :)

Well, I WI this a.m., and the outcome of doing the Shred for 30 days, and eating in moderation is a loss of 5.4 lbs. I did not lose anything this last week, but that is fine with me. I am sure I must have gained some muscle along the way, and to still have a loss of anything is pretty satisfying. I am going to make a bit better of an effort this week to keep my carbs a bit lower, and increase my veggies, but other than that, I plan on doing the same things this week that I have been doing for the last 4 weeks......it seems to have been working. :)

Congrats, JerseyAmy on your loss, and your new found sense of hope. I am so happy for you....it feels so good to get back on track. What kind of job did you apply for, by the way? I must have missed something along the way.

Ok,. time to shred.......I think I am going to do level one today.....why not, right?
XOXO

JLem311
09-09-2009, 09:34 AM
morning all. workout and shower done. having a bar and some iced green tea before DS gets here for the day.

Kristinx
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
YAYYYYYYY! The wait is Almost over! After a year of fixing FH's credit and working hard to pay down our debts we got our mortgage pre-approval!

Now I get to go house hunting! Weeeeeeee! I am excited but soooo stressed! This is a big comittment! And I don't want to end up house poor cause I want the big shiny house!

I am going to be poor though, a house, wedding, and everything that comes with those!

On the weight loss front...I am up after the 4 day weekend, no shocker...hopefully can get back down by Friday...

Repo girl
09-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Kristin- Wow! How exciting. GL with the house hunting, sounds like you are already in the right mindset.

Nicole- Good job, you are so inspiring! You have really stuck this out, and it has really paid off. Do you feel a difference in your clothes?

JerseyAmy- Way to go!

Jillian- Hope you and your little man have a good day. Why were you so excited yesterday? Also, did you ever get your cards?

Repo girl
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I have got to make bread, peach jam, and finish canning my peaches this morning so that I can get going on pears this afternoon. My kids are killing me with this stuff, they are so hard to keep on track. This afternoon I need them to go out and pick all of our apples. I am wondering if I can keep them moving in the right direction.

Mama Nicole
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Katie......isn't it so hard to keep them helping? I have some days that are better than others, but most of the time I'd prefer to do it myself.....but, like you, I always have too much on my plate, and it is physically impossible to get it all done alone. The hardest part for me is trying to teach them that thye need to help because it is the right thing to do.....and that no, they are not going to get paid, and no, there is no reward.....just the satisfaction of a job well done, and a smile and a hug from their mama. It gets so frustrating when there are so many over indulged kids out there. don't get me wrong, I do my share of child ruining....but I do so want them to understand that family helps each other out, cuz that is what family's do. Anyway.......have to get back to work here :)
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Morning guys! (I have one more minute til noon to say that!)

Nicole- I applied for a state/govt job with the VEC (Virginia Employment Commission) in May, and its finally coming along now! I went on te interview a week or so ago, and it went well. I filled out the papers for my credit and background check and am waiting for the call. I was starting to get nervous, but one of my references called me last nightto tell me that she had been called yesterday, so it's in the works!!

Katie- you're amazing! Do you ever get tired??! Haha!

Jillina- good for you keeping up with your workouts! Hoe do you make your greentea? I use 4 green tea bags and one flavored black one, add about 1/4c sugar and juice from half a lemon. Of course that sugar is cut WAY down from the original recipe, but I don't mind unsweetened tea, so it doesn't bother me.

Kristin- Way to go! That's awesome about the house!! I don't know about Canada, but there are a TON of foreclosures here in the States... we got a STEAL on ours!

Nicole- Way to go with the SHred! I HATE exercising!! But then again, since it's getting cooler, we're starting up tennis again!!

Since I'll probably be working soon, I am trying to enjoy my last few days at home. I went to DH's office yesterday and took him lunch, and will probably do the same today. Why not?

Tonight's dinner is another WW recipe.. tuna caserole. I am kind of excited about this as I LOVED it when my mom made it growing up. I am sure hers was not weightloss friendly...

Laters!

Kristinx
09-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Nope, not too many foreclosures here. I don't think that's been an issue in Canada at all, but I know that housing prices haven't dropped at all and have actually risen in my province.
I hate to say it as I might jinx myself but the only effect I am seeing of a recession is on my RRSP. I'm one of the lucky ones!

Hello to everyone else! I am TRYING to focus on weight loss and exercise but life is just so crazy! It is hard :( On one hand I want the wedding to just get here and be married...on the other I need more time to lose the weight and prepare!

aguerin
09-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Hello All.

I don't want to talk about the weekend and the weight gain.

Congrats Kristen on the house approval and good luck in the hunting.

JerseyMadchen: Congrats on the WL. Sorry your vacation sucked! I was in VB back in June and it was o.k. I was just doing a drop in from a trip I was taking. Didn't get to enjoy the beach. I do remember the restaurant food was terrible.

Katie: I don't see how you have enough time in the day for all that food preparation, but I bet it is well worth the effort during the winter months.

Well, I'm going to need a lot of will power to get back down to where I was before I fell off the wagon this weekend. :rofl:

AJinTN
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I feel good today. I feel like I'm back...

Kristen - good luck with the house hunting. My DH and I purchased our first home in Oct 97, got married in Apr 98. We were broke for a few years, but it was well worth it. We just busted our butts to get the finances back in order and are in good shape now. As long as you both are working toward the same goal, it all comes together.

Jersey - good for you getting rid of the "vacation gain" in a few days! My vacation was the second week in July, and I'm still working on those 3 lbs!

So I was planning to begin the 30 day Shred on Monday, didn't actually do it until tonight. I think I may have damaged my knees, but it's hard to say....my thighs are so sore I think they're blocking the nerve messages from my knees to my brain :) and I really need to get in the shower, but the thought of lifting my arms to wash my hair is keeping me from it. I'm sure it'll be better tomorrow, or maybe next week...

You're all doing great, my Tennessee Titans play the Steelers tomorrow, and I finally started that Shred. Life is good.

Going to force myself into the shower now, have a great evening and keep at it!

Mama Nicole
09-09-2009, 10:44 PM
A.J.......you can skip a lot of the jumping to insure you don't hurt your knees. I do the squatting punches instead of jumproping, and half time front high leg lifts instead of jumping jacks. Also, when I first started and thought I was going into caridac arrest, I would just march around my family room, to keep moving, but not pass out. I was so sore the first three days, I could barely sit on the toilet. It is sooo much better now....and my knees are better too, now that my legs are stronger. Listen to your body, and if something doesn't feel right on your joints, not just muscle fatique, then find a replacement move......but DO NOT QUIT!!!! You will be amazed......by next week this time, you will almost beable to keep up. I promise.....I hadn't worked out hard in almost 8 years......and now I feel STRONG!!!!

AJinTN
09-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Nicole - you're awesome, thanks for the kind words. Have a great night all!

Repo girl
09-10-2009, 12:44 AM
AJ- LMAO at your post workout description. Hope you feel better tomorrow!

sweetandspicy
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
AJ- Nicole is right it does get better. I was in the same boat I believe I went on and on about trying to go to the bathroom too. I was stuggling at work for about 3 days but it does get easier. On level 2 my biceps were a little sore for about 1 day and with level 3 the back of my thighs hurt for a day or so. but nothing as bad as level one. It is worth it stick with it. Also Nicole was exactly right with just keep moving. if the jumping bothers your knees just do something your comfortable with. I think it is more about keeping that heart rate up.

I have not been getting my exercise in lately. It seems everyday someone different at my house is sick. I am dreading this winter when the actual flu season starts. I have been eating better this week so that is something. I told myself this morning I will get back to exercising everyday. Cardio and strength training.

I will type more later. I should be working!!!!

aguerin
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Good Morning all! 2 Days and this week will be over. WhooHooo!

I think the weather is doing me in. Its getting cooler here and I am fighting the syptoms of a cold. Thats hybernating weather for me.

JLem311
09-10-2009, 09:59 AM
hello all.
i'm feeling kinda icky today..not sure why. i pushed through my workout anyways. oh and i'm down another pound, so that's good.

katie--the reason i was so excited the other night is because i'm starting to learn a new language--french! :) i'm super excited!

anyways, that's about it for me. gotta go.

Mama Nicole
09-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Dang, Jillian.....look at your ticker!!!! It wasn't all that long ago that we were neck in neck. I guess I better quit with the cake, huh? :lol: I hope you feel better soon. I got my workout in too, so hooray for the shredders!!!!

Amy6....you know, I decided to give up 45 minutes of sleep every day to have that time in the a.m. by myself to work out. It is so nice the days noone wakes up. I thought Jillian was nuts for doing it so early, but there is this beautiful peacefulness in my house in the early morning that is NEVER there any other time of the day.....and you know, I am not one bit more tired. I was telling a non-3Fc friend about the changes of habit I have made since doing the shred, and as I typed it, I was so prould of myself. I used to squeeze it in any time I could just to get the exercise in.....now, I MAKE time for myself to do it......the same time, everyday.....and it is sooo nice. I feel so indulgent.....it's a whole new concept for me, after having babies in my house (and I still do) for the last 18 years. It only took me this long to figure it out...:lol:.

MJ......still alive out there.....or are you stranded on the crapper?

DixieAmy.....girl......you gotta shake that feeling, and do something, one little thing today to take care of yourself. Just add a glass or two of water for the next few days....anyone can do that :) It really does help to start with something so simple......that is how I managed to get myself remotivated....well, that and Jillian :)

Katie....how goes the harvest? Did the kids pick the apples yesterday?

Ok, time to change the laundry.....almost done with that for the day :)
XOXO

Hoochie
09-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't really been around. I went to Mexico for 5 days to order all our tile, paint, furniture etc. I came home on Sunday and I have been sick since I came home. I think I may have lost a few pounds this week but not the enjoyable way......
OMG I haven't been sick for this many days in a row for quite some time. Maybe I need to suck it up and go to a doctor....aghhh I want to sleep...
I'll try and catch up with personals once I am feeling better.....

Joan

Repo girl
09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Nicole- LOVE the new picture, beautiful! The harvest goes. The peaches and pears are done, this morning I am doing plum jam and plum syrup. This afternoon I am hoping to work on apple butter, and blanch and freeze a lot of cabbage. I needed so much help yesterday with pears that my kids did not have time to pick apples. Right now I am bribing my daycare kids with suckers to pick up all of the rotten apples off of the ground. I can feed those to the chickens. That way, when my kids get home I can go out and shake the branches, knock the apples off, and my kids can gather them up. I am hoping that plan works, anyway! Also, GOOD FOR YOU!!! I am so happy that you are taking time for yourself everyday. You are my hero!

JerseyAmy- I am so tired this week it is ridiculous. It will be busy like this for a little while, though, so I may as well get used to it.

Jillian- That sounds like fun!

DixieAmy- I am getting a cold too, from crazy weather. It is getting into the 30's at night, and climbing clear up into the high 80's during the day. Try echinachea tea sweetened with local honey a couple of times a day. That should help.
AmyM- How goes the family feud? My DH's family has quit coming to me to ***** this week because I started telling all of them to grow up. Turns out they don't like that, LOL.

PittieMomma
09-10-2009, 02:23 PM
HELP!!!!
I'm back and have gained almost 15 lbs back from when my LA closed!!!
And now their doing a Biggest Loser competition where I work and we have 10 weeks to lose the most weight to win!
I guess I'm just here to get support cuz this is where I found it before...

I missed you guys!
I'm going to update my ticker, once again and we'll see how it goes from there.

Thanks in advance for all the help you've given me and what's yet to come!!

Repo girl
09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Joan- If it is intestinal, try putting a drop of clove oil on a sugar cube and eating it. This kills stomach bugs immediately. I have used it on my kids for a while now, and I cannot believe how fast it works. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Repo girl
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey Jenn, good to see you!

JerseyMadchen
09-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey guys!!

Nicole- NICE picture- you're looking good! It looks like a Folgers or Celestial Seasonings ad! Congrats on getting up earlier for YOU time. I am such a slug in the morning... that is one of my negative attributes I must admit. I have such a hard time getting up in the morning!!

Katie- you're amazing! I'll say it again! My mom always used to can when I was growing up. We hated the process but the payoff was AWESOME. My favorite was her peach jam. YUM.

Jillian- hope you're feeling better! Maybe it's just a bug you picked up from one of the kids! They are carrier monkeys!! Julia could have gotten something from someone at school!

Jenn- welcome back!! Wish you nothing but the best in this journey!

Joan- welcome back from vacay! Sorry you're sick! YOu think it was something you ate while you were there??

DixieAmy- I know what you're saying about the cooler weather. It's like September hits and WHAM, it's cooler! What is it about this week? Everyone's counting down to the weekend!

AmyM- Sounds like playing nurse is cutting into your time. Hopefully they'll be healed soon and you can be back to your shredding!!

If I forgot anyone else, HELLO and hope you're having a great day!! ;)

JLem311
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
nicole, i'm so happy for you..in every single way. and i'm glad that I could inspire you to "invest" in yourself...its so worth it. :)

BarbaraB
09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Nicole, The new picture is nice. I feel like we are having coffee together, well I've switched to green tea lately after reading Jillian Michael's master your metabolism book. Cutting down on caffiene really has helped me feel better.

Jillian, That scale has seemed to start moving again.

Katie, You tend to make me feel like such a lazy bones, it seems that I spend all my hours at work though, and I'm so mentally worn out by the time I get home it is really hard to deal with even going to the store and buying prepackaged salad and veggies. There is a lot of pressure to work increasing hours this year over last, and for no more pay, so that is really not making anyone all that happy, even if we are all grateful to have our jobs, demanding an extra hour a day out of everyone is just discouraging to say the least...

I do get to go on vacation next week, though. We rented a house in the San Juan Islands and I'm hoping the weather is nice enough while we are there. We are probably going to do some bike riding and just relaxing. We went there all the time when I was growing up, but I've not been there in years.

JerseyMadchen
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Well, I am happy to report that I got on the scale this morning and have lost another 3 lbs, bringing my total to 9lbs!!

Now of course I am a pessismist, so I feel like something is wrong with the scale. But then again, we were AWFUL on vacation last week, and this could be just detoxing. I am now what I was before we left for vacation. Now the work begins!!

Of course in my celebrating I made lemon poppy seed bread for breakfast with glaze AND lemon butter, and am soooo sick to my stomach right now. What was I thinking??? Ugh! I am going to take the rest of it upstairs to my inlaws and sabotage them! HA! Payback!!

Anyways, one week from today we're homeowners!!

(oh, and DH lost 10lbs since Saturday too)

JerseyMadchen
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey Barbara!!

Kristinx
09-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone!
Well I have added to my Christmas wish list already! New Biggest Loser Wii game and the new Your Shape game! (That one has a camera to watch you so no annoying controllers!). Before that though I gotta get through the Active 30 Day challenge. I may wait to start since we hope to find a house really quick and move very soon!

Finding a real estate agent is harder than I thought. FH and I work an hour and a half distance away from each other, with our home being in between that distance. It's gonna be challenging with meeting the agents, viewing houses, not to mention we are both crazy busy at work! We both get home and just crash every evening...and it probably won't let up till November...please God do not let me get sick....I have no time for that foolishness!

Hope everyone is enjoying what's left of summer! I am gonna miss it!

TryingItAgian09
09-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey everybody! I'm new to 3FC's and I'm really excited to see all the support that's being given around here! I was a member of LAWL from fall 04' to spring 05' and I lost 60 pounds relatively easily. I kept it off for about 3 years, but through the many stresses that have been in my life over the past 2 years ( oh and by cramming crap down my throat all the time) I've gained all of it back +4. I started the FF juice on Monday and when I weighed myself on Wednesday morning I hade dropped 4 pounds already! When I weighed myself this morning the scales says that I lost another 2 pounds, so I had to hop back on to make sure that it was reading me right! Even though I know that water weight comes off first, a six pound loss is a good motivator to continue doing the best that I can :)

Repo girl
09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey Tryingitagain- Welcome! Do you have a first name we can call you? Great job on FF!

TryingItAgian09
09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey everybody! I'm new to 3FC's and I'm really excited to see all the support that's being given around here! I was a member of LAWL from fall 04' to spring 05' and I lost 60 pounds relatively easily. I kept it off for about 3 years, but through the many stresses that have been in my life over the past 2 years ( oh and by cramming crap down my throat all the time) I've gained all of it back +4. I started the FF juice on Monday and when I weighed myself on Wednesday morning I hade dropped 4 pounds already! When I weighed myself this morning the scales says that I lost another 2 pounds, so I had to hop back on to make sure that it was reading me right! Even though I know that water weight comes off first, a six pound loss is a good motivator to continue doing the best that I can :)

sweetandspicy
09-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Nicole- you are right. I should get up and get my exercise in. I used to do that and I did feel better. I have been getting up earlier to do laundry lately so I can just get up 15 minutes earlier for my shred. I also love your new picture

Katie- the family feud is still brewing with my MIL right in the middle of it. My husband is being quite stubborn, but I do not blame him really. I still am being quiet because I don't want the kids to feel aprehensive towards their paternal side of the family but it is hard because if they could all just see it my way...everything would be better. Hope your apples work out. I made pie filling, applesauce,baked apples and apple butter and salsa this past weekend. That was the extent of my garden. Hope your apples turn out well!!!

Joan- sorry you are sick- Hope you feel better soon!! There is so much going around right now. I wonder if we all should wear those mask and gloves, that would be hilarious.

Amy- great job on the weight loss an one week until you are a homeowner that is awesome!!

Barbara- your vacation sounds great- hope you have great weather.

Jillian- hope you feel better soon and I hope the other kids dont get sick

JEnn- Good luck with starting over again. I hope the challenge at work goes well

DixieAmy- Hope next week is better for you and hope you are getting sick.

Kristin- good luck with the realestate agent and read your closing cose statement closely they try to put in some extra charges here and there. How is your soon to be step-son doing?

BarbaraB
09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey Amy, I thought of you while I was appliance shopping the other day, walked by the refrigerators at Lowes and wondered if you had picked one out. We got a new dishwasher and oven (not arrived yet) all stainless steel and modern and everything...

mini me
09-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know a biscotti that will substitute for the old LA ones? I loved those things. I've seen biscottis at the supermarket, but I don't remember the nutritional facts on the LA ones so I can compare them.

Kristinx
09-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks AmyM! My boy seems to be doing better. I think just his parents recognizing the issues have changed things somewhat. But, we did take him to the doctor to get a referral to a psychologist. He was there as we talked to the doctor and seemed to agree that yes, he has been feeling like that, etc. He doesn't seem at all upset that we want him to ttalk to someone...I did have to tell a white lie and say I saw a psychologist before...but he doesn't need to know that! His mother has also agreed that maybe he should come live with us once we find a house and get settled in one place. That would make me feel a lot better...maybe I am a control freak lol.
Anyway, things are looking up :) Now if the scale would just go down...lol Trying to use the wedding as motivation to focus but it doesn't seem to be working. We plan to try to concieve after the wedding though and I'd like to be healthier when we do that...maybe that will be better motivation?

Mama Nicole
09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Ready everyone?

Ready to meake this a productive WL day? I am!!!! Just one thing to be healthier.....and today, that thing is the Shred for this girl. Oh, and water, lots and lots of water. And maybe no more cake. :)
XOXO

TryingItAgian09
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi y'all! I'm new to 3FC's and I think I have finally found a great place for support! I was on LAWL back in fall '04 to spring '05 and I lost 60 pounds. I have since gained it all back +4 :( I restarted LAWL on Monday with the FF juice and so far I've already lost SIX pounds! I look forward to reading all of your posts!

Kristinx
09-11-2009, 09:55 AM
YES! I need to get motivated! I was UP 3 lbs today! ACK! I hope it's not all a "real" gain but I did have a pretty terrible 4 day weekend, foodwise I mean...I need a new plan! Something I can stick to with this crazy schedule as of late. It'll be nice once we find a house and know a moving date. I don't want to start the 30 day challenge then end up packing up and moving in the middle of it. Sooo...I dunno...any suggestions? I need some new meal ideas too. Things I can whip up quickly after a long day..yes I am lazy lol

sweetandspicy
09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Nicole- I am back to shredding. I guess technically I am on day 31. I went back to level 1 and tried to do mostly the advanced moves. I actually think that Level 1 advanced in harder than level 3 beginners or at least it was for me. I seriously thought about getting up this morning and doing the shred again but i thought doing it twice in less than 12 hours was not smart. But at least I exercised. And today I am drinking water like crazy it is 9am and I have already drank 40 oz.

Kristin- I am so glad he is doing better and I would have said I saw a therapist too. From my experience it is easier to concieve if you are healthier and weight less. A wedding is great motivation but it is also a stress creator as well. When you look for a house look for a house in an area where you could walk/run/ride a bike ect. that might help once you get moved. I know people believe you can't loose that much just walking but I believe you can.

Trying- this is a great place for support and congrats on the 6 pound loss.

Mama Nicole
09-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Hooray, Amy M......and I agree, I think level 1 advanced is very difficult!!!!!

I did level 3 for the first time today.....NICE. It was really kind of fun. Now I know I am nuts.......and quite possibly addicted to working out....thanks, Jillian :)

Welcome trying.
gotta run.
xoxo

JerseyMadchen
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Morning guys!!

Guess what?? I got the job!! (For those of you not on FB!!) I got the call this morning and I start Monday!!

Barabara- we haven't gotten our fridge yet, we close Thursday though, so I cannot wait. We're trying to put off buying it until the last minute as it's quite a purchase! I of course want the BEST one out there, and am in love with an LG! I justified it though as I cook ALL the time, and DH is ok with it!
Enjoy your new appliances!!

Trying- welcome aboard! Congrats on the 6 lbs!! Keep it up!

Sarah- I don't know of a substitute, but Jillian may...

Nicole- good job on level 3!!

AmyM- I understand the whole inlaw thing. I CONSTANTLY bite my tongue. I have lived with them now since May, and I cannot get out of here soon enough. HAHA, speak of the devil, my MIL just called!

Kristin- are there just exercises on the 30 day challenge that you can do and not totally commit to te challenge? Also, as I am starting work on Monday, I will be using my crockpot ALL the time. That may work for you too... I plan my food for the week ahead of time, well at least my dinners, and that helps too. Good luck with the realtor search, we luckily had one in the family!

JerseyMadchen
09-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Well, i have to admit that the best part of my new job is that I will be on a SCHEDULE, and the weight pours ff me when that happens! I have to admit I am most excited about that!

Have a great weekend guys!!

JLem311
09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Hooray, Amy M......and I agree, I think level 1 advanced is very difficult!!!!!

I did level 3 for the first time today.....NICE. It was really kind of fun. Now I know I am nuts.......and quite possibly addicted to working out....thanks, Jillian :)

Welcome trying.
gotta run.
xoxo

yay for exercise addiction! i'm gettin' y'all on my side of the crazy..one by one! ;)

JLem311
09-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know a biscotti that will substitute for the old LA ones? I loved those things. I've seen biscottis at the supermarket, but I don't remember the nutritional facts on the LA ones so I can compare them.

hey sarah! i use the nonni's biscotti (can get them at walmart, target or grocery stores. they have a few varieties but the one i use that is close to the LAWL ones in calories the is the original.

cal: 90
fat: 3g
sodium: 65mg
carbs: 14g
sugar: 7g
protein: 2g

hope that helps!

JLem311
09-11-2009, 11:28 AM
morning all.
lots to do today..errands to run, etc.

be back later!

equinetcan
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Well the box from Amazon has arrived...I haven't actually opened it yet mind you - but I just got home with it. That means on Monday I start shredding! God help me now...at least I'll be home for those first several days except going in Tuesday to turn my work stuff in and signing on the dotted line that I am done. I have to take Chancey to the vet on Wednesday but luckily my vet is a sweetie and if I can barely move by then she will understand lol

I am a huge Twilight fan so I watched Vampire Diaries last night - I liked it. It'll be interesting to see how the storyline goes from here.

Spending the afternoon baking stuff for a friend's bake sale. Luckily I am not a big sweets eater so it won't really be tempting. I might have 1 cookie when all is said and done.

Guess I better get to it...they won't bake themselves!

Have a great day everyone...check in later...

sweetandspicy
09-11-2009, 12:06 PM
AMy- congrats on the job and a schedule will help you tremedously!! Also I would go for the best refridgerator too...

Nicole- I am glad you agree about level 1 advanced. Level 3 is hard too with all the jumps. I think I may try another one of Jillians DVD's.

Alannah- you are lucky I love sweets and am often known to eat the batter right out of the bowl. Good luck with the Shred..

Kristinx
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
We found our realtor I think! Not to mention a gorgeous house owned by the bank...perhaps there have been a few foreclosures here and there...Anyway, we start looking Monday! Yay!
A crockpot is going to be on my wedding registry for sure! We would definitely use one I think.
And yes Active does have other exercises I can do without doing the whole challenge...perhaps I will try that. I really need to move the Wii to another room i think. FH likes to watch tv and sit on the computer after work lol. SO I end up just watching tv, but if I took the Wii to another tv....hmmm ok when we move I am designating one room as a workout room, with the tv, dvd player, wii and the elliptical! Should be easy enough, we have 3 tv's now and I owe a flat screen to FH (we had a sorta joking deal that when I got a diamond he got a big screen tv lol).

Anyway...I think beer season is over for me...I am gonna give it up for awhile. I'm still going to drink red wine. I know I should give it all up but it won't happen and I think the wine is better than beer. And it's usually only weekends I drink anyway.

mini me
09-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks, Jillian. I'll have to look for those.

TryingItAgian09
09-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Gosh I sure sound desperate for attention! I've been having computer problems and I couldn't see my posts posted. HeHe sorry guys!!

JerseyMadchen
09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Kristin- it sounds like you have a plan! We're moving into a 4 BR house, and I haven't planned what to do with the spares yet. Of course there's MAJOR pressure from my inlaws for babies. They NEVER let up!

Jillian- I may try those biscotti too! I LOVED their biscotti too!

TOM arrived today and I'm starting to feel like crud. I have to report a NSV though... I met my DH for lunch and we went to Subway. I was going to get a cheesesteak 6" sub, but I got the oven roasted chicken with 3 different veggies and oil and vinegar. Not even salt and pepper! I am SOOO proud of myself!! No chips either, just that and my water!

I chew a piece of sugarfree gum each night to combat my cravings after dinner, and I was pleasantly surprised this morning at 7 Eleven to see that they had a crap-load of SF fruit-flavored gum for $.05!!! I think I got 8 packs!!

Tonight is pizza night, but we may just eat frozen ones, i am a big SmartOnes fan.

Hoochie
09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Jillian- That's cool that you are going to learn French. Just this week I told my DH that I need to learn spanish. I need to be able to communicate with people when I am in their country. I haven't looked into it yet but I am going to soon.

Nicole- I love your new picture. You are such a beautiful lady!

Katie- Where do I buy clove oil? I am feeling better but still not 100 percent. I will try anything

Kristin- Good luck house hunting! What an exciting time for you guys.

Amy- Congrats on the new job!

Alannah- I am going to search for the Shredd this weekend. Do they have it in Canada? I am going to check out Walmart. I need to keep up with everyone and right now I am way behind!!! I am glad you haven't started yet...teehee

Hi to everyone else that I missed!!

Joan

TryingItAgian09
09-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks Katie! My name is Angie. I think I posted a post several times by accident! oops!

Repo girl
09-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Joan- Any health food store should have it. Just don't use more than one drop on a sugar cube, it is very hot stuff.

Tryingitagain- Welcome!

JerseyAmy- Congrats on the job, how exciting!

Kristen- How exciting about the realtor!

AmyM- Oh how I know inlaw drama. My DH completely cut his mother out of our lives 3 years ago. It has been peaceful for us, until recently when we tried to have some contact with his sisters, and the drama has all started up again. My family is so close, I have a hard time understanding these people who want to fight and hate each other all the time. Your canning sounds great. I have been thinking about making salsa too.

I did corn this morning, now I am taking the afternoon off. My apples are going to have to wait until Sunday. I am just too worn out, LOL.

equinetcan
09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Joan - I couldn't find the Shred DVD anywhere here but that didn't surprise me - you may have better luck out west. I ordered mine off of Amazon.ca so it was in CDN funds and was $14.49. I didn't think too bad and I really wanted it. And I had it in only 4 days.

The Shred is out of the box but I haven't put it in the machine yet to get a preview of the he!! I will be getting myself into on Monday. But I will over the weekend.

All the cookies are finally made. Now to tray them up so we can price them tomorrow. Have my ex-MIL making pumpkin pies so I have to pick them up tomorrow.

Time for supper here...had a decent one planned but after spending all afternoon cooking I am just not in the mood anymore to make anything elaborate so simple it will be. I'll make on Sunday what I was going to make today.

I'll check in later...hope everyone has a good evening..

PittieMomma
09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Just a question about this Shred video.
Do you have to be a certain weight or fitness level to be able to do it?
I am very interested and can get it at Walmart here for less than 10 bucks!!

Also, 2nd day of FF and I was down this morning 2 lbs!! :carrot:
Gotta do it this time, I'm getting to old for all of this... LOL :faint:

JerseyMadchen
09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Jenn- I started it when I was around 235-240. I think any weight can do it. She says through the workout if you get tired take a few seconds to breathe, plue one of the girls in back of her does the easier version of the exericses while the other does advanced.

PittieMomma
09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Sounds great, thanks for getting back to me Amy.
I'll go pick it up tomorrow after work then...
Any tips or suggestions I should know about with this workout, let me know!

AJinTN
09-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I finished day 3 of the shred, feel a bit like I've been hit by a truck...but somehow it feels good. I have absolutely no control over my quad muscles at this point. I have alot of stairs in my house and my DH is getting a little laugh at me trying to get down them. I kind of just stand at the top step and lean forward a bit until gravity takes over. At that point I just stumble down hoping that I get one foot in front of the other before I land on my face :) I think if I can get through the weekend it'll start feeling a little less sore.

Thanks again to all you shredders (especially Jillian) for getting me started on this. Getting exercise in on a Friday night is really not the norm for me and it feels great.

Good night ladies!

JLem311
09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
yay for all the peeps getting the Shred DVD! :) so excited for everyone! :) it's awesome!
my advice for everyone that's just starting is to NOT GIVE UP. it definitely sucks for the first 4 days, but STICK IT OUT. i did it for 36 days in a row..then i had to take a break due to being out of town, but i did it for the full 30 days consecutively. now i take sundays off from working out and i've been alternating the Shred 3 days a week, and the elliptical and abs/arms 3 days a week. it's been good.

Mama Nicole
09-12-2009, 09:54 AM
You know......I may have to order this really cute workout outfit from Penny's :)

Jenn......my best advice for the Shred is.....watch your knees. Jillian probably does not have this issue cuz she is so young.....but my knees really took a beating about 2 weeks in. If you have any trouble with your knees, try to find a couple of alternate moves for some of the jumping. Other than that.......GO FOR IT!!!!!

Time to get busy :)
XOXO

equinetcan
09-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Nicole - love the new pic of you here and the ones on facebook - just had to let you know that!

It is a beautiful day here. This is why I love Sept thru Nov for weather. Yes there is some rain but up here its also some of the best weather we get for actually accompliching things outside.

Tonight I am going over to a friend's house for supper. Chancey just left to go back to the ex's house till Wednesday when I go get her again. So just me again for a few days.

Monday morning I am going to weigh myself again and measure in several places and then put the sclae away for 30 days and do it again at the end of the shred for the first 30 days. I don't want to know any numbers in between.

Hope everyone is having a good saturday and thats it's as nice a day where you are as it is here!

Mama Nicole
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Alannah.....I think you have an excellent plan for successfully tackling the shred. The clae can be so evil and bring you down so bad.......and working out hard everyday makes you feel so good, so why compromise the good vibes. I was thrilled that I had any loss at all after my 30 days, cuz I KNOW I built some muscle, and I was sure the amount of musslce I gained would outweigh the fat I had lost. I was so happy to see a loss. Best of luck to you, I just know you will be happy with your decision to start working out :)
XOXO

equinetcan
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks Nicole for the vote of confidence. I did put the shred dvd in today and watched the level 1 workout just so I know kinda what to expect on Monday morning. I know already those squats will be the end of me - but I can do it. I am also going to be walking some as well. I live at the bottom of a very steep long hill and although I may not tackle the actual hill the first few days, once I actually get to that point it'll also help the leg muscles too. When I say steep hill, trust me I mean steep lol but if I want my mail I have to go up it to get it and I've made a deal with myself that I only get my mail if I walk there.

I am looking forward to it but I really think I am looking forward to being able to put me first for the first time in years. I'll have no excuses cause I won't have work to worry about for awhile and I'll have the time to devote to ME. What a novel concept ;)

I am planning to get some pics done over the next week I hope as well so I have some "before" pics to have even just for myself. If I get any decent ones I will post them here or on FB, even just to show the new "do" and color I got on Thursday. I am a redhead with blond streaks now :)

Guess thats it for me tonight...I'll be here again tomorrow.

Mama Nicole
09-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Good morning friends ;)

I am happy to report that I shredded this a.m.......day five of my second phase of the shred. I lost 5.4 lbs the first 30 days, and I am happy to report another 1.6 lb loss as of today's WI. I weighed myself after my morning coffee, and a big glass of water, and my workout.....so there may be a better loss......but it doesn't really matter......the downward trend is what I am shooting for, and I am hitting that target! Yay me..... :)

My shoulders are very sore, and I keep worrying that I might injure myself, but I am trying to be safe, and the days I think I might be too sore to work out, I do it anyway....and I think the strength I am building will eventually overcome tghe chances for injury........that is my hope anyway :)

I have to tel l you, level three is a really tough ab workout for me. Which is good, after 5 pregnancies, and one C-section, this tummy needs all the help it can get. I just keep crossing my fingers that my tummy muscles aren't over stretched. I have heard that that can happen, and no matter how much you strengthen them, they will always be icky. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Ok, time to dry my hair and get something done in ths house. Have a great day, everyone, and get ready for some Green Bay Packers tonight!!! Woooohooo!!!!
XOXO