Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default So I went off plan for a week and a half...

Big time off plan - kfc, popeyes, taco bell, mcdonalds, LOTS of pasta, a whole loaf of garlic bread, lots and lots of bags of chips and candy and 2 liter bottles of soda... (ok, i'm done confessing...)

I've been doing very little besides allowing myself to meld to the couch -I noticed that my thighs felt like they were really pushing to stand up. I feel *weak*.

after all of that - i tried to drink some plain water and eat some oatmeal. I noticed that my mouth HURT. water and oatmeal that tasted great 2 weeks ago were gross! My tongue ached. I was having *obsessive* cravings - it took everything in me not to go to popeyes first thing this morning.

So... wow. 1 and a half weeks of eating like I used to - my legs feel markedly weaker. I am sleepy all the time for no reason. My face feels puffy. I had to take off my rings. I am craving foods like nobodys business - i'd do anything for some ruffles chips, french onion dip, a reeces cup and some pepsi with a side of extra-value-meal right now!! My mouth feels odd, my tongue is sore, I'm not tasting things right... I don't have a scale at the moment, so thank god I cant look and see how much i've gained (which would only depress me!)

Its really really amazing how quickly things can go back to the way they were, AND how - if you are paying attention - you can see the differences.

Needless to say, I had some cereal, fruit and a liter of water so far. Now, I'm off the gym. Not gonna beat myself up, not gonna give into my cravings, just gonna get back up on my feet. I wonder how long it will take to reverse these effects...

Last edited by KateRN; 09-06-2009 at 03:48 PM.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you not giving up!! You can do this!!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you for turning it back around! I think that's so hard - I tend to want to give up after just a one or two day splurge. You crave the same kind of stuff I do Why is it we can't crave broccoli and fish...
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #4  
Lova Lova

S/C/G: 180/173/150

Height: 5' 10

It's so weird that I logged on here to post my OWN thread just like this, but then I saw yours.
I went off plan for ONE week- and isn't it awful what it can do?
You're right in not weighing yourself- DON'T. Weight fluctuates daily anyway because of water, the worst thing to do would be to get on the scale, see that fluctuation and of course, freak out because of how badly the last week and a half went.
We're in the same place, we both went off plan but guess what? It was only a week (and a half) aside from however many weeks you've been doing great! So don't let it throw you, get back to the gym, try to push out any thoughts of food from your head and keep your eye on the goal! I'm about to head over to the goal pictures thread, because pictures of people's success really motivate me.
Good luck and you CAN get back on track!!
qqforweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #5  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Congrats on getting back on it! Don't throw yourself to the bottom of that mountain you've been climbing after a small slip up like this. You can do it!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #6  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Its really really amazing how quickly things can go back to the way they were, AND how - if you are paying attention - you can see the differences.
Self awareness is the key to any recovery and you seem to have alot. Good luck to you and congrats for getting right back on the bandwagon.
Mercy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqforweightloss View Post
It's so weird that I logged on here to post my OWN thread just like this, but then I saw yours.
I went off plan for ONE week- and isn't it awful what it can do?
Ooo. We're like a club of ladies who went off plan (2 weeks for me). But we're all getting back on and we're gonna do freakin' awesome!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have had a number of periods of going off plan and it really is amazing -- I don't think the fat girl inside me is ever going to go away!! I just have to muzzle her.

But, you CAN get back on track!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Sometimes you need to go off plan to remind yourself of why you stay on-plan - for me, at least.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Don't give up, just get back on plan. Forgive yourself and forget it. Keep moving forward towards your goal.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #11  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I have had a number of periods of going off plan and it really is amazing -- I don't think the fat girl inside me is ever going to go away!! I just have to muzzle her.

But, you CAN get back on track!!!!
sigh. i stayed within my calories this week but ate some stuff i wouldnt usually. eating one slice of pizza is so hard! my "inner fat girl" just wants to say, eh, one day wont matter, and eat the whole thing.

it is SO hard sometimes.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have days like that too, days when my inner fat girl wins. But you know what? She might win a few days, but I am going to beat her in the end. I don't think I'll ever fully control her urges, but I will continue to try everyday to make the best of the situations. And if I don't do as well as I'd like, then I will try the next day.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, me too. I gained a pound this week and I feel awful!! Eventhough I exercised every single day, it's amazing how going over a few calories every day can add weight to a body that actually wants to be fat apparently.

I crave the same stuff. I mean I like salad but I don't crave it gosh darnit.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Height: 5ft6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
Ooo. We're like a club of ladies who went off plan (2 weeks for me). But we're all getting back on and we're gonna do freakin' awesome!
Me too! I've been really bad for the last three weeks. The first week I ate and drank loads and didn't put on ounce which of course made me really complacent. Now I've put all the weight back on that I had lost in the last couple of months, which has made me really cross with myself! I'm pretty new here, but I can see from all the support on here that I stand really great chance of getting back on track pretty quick!
twisterella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #15  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I am glad you are turning things around. It takes courage to admit when we slip up and its ok, no one is perfect. It's great that you are getting back into the swing of things and that last week is behind you. Take gentle care of yourself.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote