Old 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Still Working At It...

I spent a lot of time working on my trouble spots this week, and I don't mean my belly and hips. I mean, I know I have stagnated because I've been inconsistent with my exercise.... a lot of the time saying I "can't" or I "don't feel like it." I was sneaking in a lot of carbs and sugar and eating some junk here and there. And it was keeping me stuck on the scale, up and down the same 5 pounds.

So this week I focused on that stuff. I made sure I was active *every* day... I started a new DVD (30 minutes), I walked pushing a stroller, I biked. I did at least 45 min/day. I feel great!

I ate NO junk. The only sugar I had one a couple of little squares of extra dark chocolate... twice. I stayed in my calories goal (1700) and got extra protein. I ate lots of produce. NO junky stuff.

I even worked on getting more sleep. I was only getting 5 hours, so I started going to bed at 10 so I'd get at least 7 good hours almost every night.

The result? I stayed at 240 pounds all week. Even after I got my period, which is when I usually drop several pounds.

I'm not giving up, I know this is a long term deal and I may not see results for awhile, but still. Someone as big as I am really ought to drop some pounds from a week as good as this one was. Just venting a bit.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Your body will eventually catch up, just keep doing what you're doing. Good job!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there Lyn, it will drop. You will probably see a whoosh of weight dropping soon. It can be so frustrating, but you've been at this long enough you know it will pay off if you stick to the plan. The scale can really play head games with a person, it still does with me.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #4  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Oh man, I've felt the same this past week . . . my weight's ranged anywhere from 275 and 269 all week (my last recorded weight was at 270) and I've worked hard to eat right! But you've got the right attitude about not giving up, we all know this hard work will pay off over time.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #6  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Yes, keep going - last Sunday I hadn't lost anything, and this week I had that whoosh of 7lbs. It'll happen!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #7  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

It's so frustrating when we work so hard and don't see results on the scale. Just stick with it and keep doing what you are doing. I know it will pay off for you.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote