Old 09-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #1  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Default Jingle Away the Jiggle Chat Thread

Hi everyone! I PM'ed Gaea, the lady that started the Challenge, a while back, but she has not responded, so I guess she is MIA. Gaea if you are reading still, come on back. We miss you!

This is the only Challenge I am in right now, and I am still excited!

I was wondering if everyone who is still participating in the challenge could respond and let us know how you are doing? Some people are editing their original post in the Challenge thread, so I'm not sure who is still participating. Maybe you could post a direct link to your page if you are editing your original post. Just click on the # in the top right hand corner of your post and then copy & paste the URL. Here is my post from today: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2912222-post166.html

I am still plugging along, slower than I would like, but still chugging. I have lost 12 pounds since starting the challenge. I changed my goal to 40 pounds. 50 was just unrealistic. Even 40 is going to be tough as we have a one week vacation to Mexico in November. Even if I don't make my goal I am still happy and amazed that I am actually losing weight. You don't know how many false starts I have had over the past couple of years. For some reason the pieces are falling into place this time.

So, everyone check in and let's chat!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...allenge-4.html

I've been stuck at 262 for 3 weeks. I've only lost 8 lbs, I'll be lucky to lose 20 by xmas at this rate.

I've lost 6 inches though.

*Sigh*
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm still in on the challenge! I just copy/paste and then insert my numbers into a new post
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I'm still in the challenge! I just edit my original post. It's just easier to find, I'm always on page 3. My wt loss has been somewhat erratic at times. I've often wondered if it has been my salt intake over the weekends ( I give myself one free meal a week. Still in moderation ie sharing with the hubby but probably high in salt since most restaurnat food is high in sodium). Things seem to have leveled out since I now weigh myself first thing Sunday morning and then have my free meal at lunch or dinner later that day as opposed to the night before.

Anyway, I've lost a total of 15# since staring the challenge and a total of 24# since I started on this site.

This challenge and this site is awesome. It keeps me accountable, it helps me figure out what is working and isn't working, it gives me a place to ask and find answers, and a place to share every little victory!

Thanks guys!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for starting this string, Judy. I am still in the challenge! Like cfmama, I create a new post each week by cutting and pasting my previous post and adding my stats. I am trying to lose 40 total by Christmas (50 seemed a bit ambitious given my 1 to 2 pound per week average weight loss) and am down almost 16 pounds so far.

Good luck to everyone and let's keep checking in with each other.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #6  
I shall be released...

I have not had a good month... I am used to getting into the 250's, particularly the lower 250's, then giving up. I swore I wouldn't do that this time, but there I was, slipping into my old habits. Miraculously, I didn't gain back all the weight, but if I don't get back on plan, I will.

This past week has been better and it shows in my numbers. I am even more motivated today, because I weighed in at LESS THAN 250!!!!!! Maybe I can beat the 250's after all!! I also have, even if just barely, less than 100 pounds until my goal! The way those 2 things are making me feel is much better than any food could, I just need to remember that.

I hope others in the challenge have stayed on track better than myself, best wishes!

-EDIT- oh, and my original post is #13 on the first page, I just update it there.

Last edited by JustSharing83; 09-06-2009 at 05:52 PM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #7  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

My original post is on page 7; I update that post and make a new one for good measure.

I feel frustrated in that I'm not losing as fast as I'd like, but after looking at my numbers and doing the math, I seem to be on target so far at a 16 pound loss. Weird how it doesn't feel like much or even a real loss to me! But it's all good, as I have every intention on keeping up with my current eating habits.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I'm still in. I'm having a lot to deal with in in RL but still plugging along and not how I would like. I miss the summer when I had more free time to exercise and it seemed easier to stay motivated.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: S 299/C 247/G 140

Height: 5'6"

I am still in the challenge. I will go update my post now. Do not know if I will make the 50 lbs or not, but I am trying!

Candy
CandaceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

I was updating my original post but just started copying and pasting a new one to get off of page 2 LOL

Things are going well so far and I seem to be basically on track as I have lost over 18 pounds. Sirenity I hear you about it not feeling like the scale is moving much but when I crunch the numbers, I am doing fine.

That's one of the reasons I am liking the challenge! That and imagining what reaction I will get when I see family at Christmas that I haven't seen since last year. If I meet my Jingle goal, I will have lost 100 pounds by then!!

Last edited by momof5k; 09-10-2009 at 01:25 AM.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:44 AM   #11  
Everyday is a New Day

S/C/G: 327/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...allenge-6.html

First post on page 6. I update it every Monday.

I started a bit late but I've managed to lose 14 pounds! In my first week, I lost 8 pounds. It's been slow ever since and I feel that I could be doing a little better.

Last week, I had my first "cheat" day. I had never gone off my calories since starting and I figured it couldn't hurt... Boy, it really messed me up. I had been off track for 3 or 4 days. I almost didn't weigh in on Monday because I was scared I had gained a few pounds back. Yesterday, I went way over my calories. But other than that, I've been eating really well.

EDIT 9/10: I weighed myself this morning to find that I had lost 3 pounds this week! I don't weigh in until Monday so I haven't officially recorded it. But WOW! -Happy dance!-

Last edited by BelieveInChange; 09-10-2009 at 04:25 PM.
BelieveInChange is offline   Reply With Quote