Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Can you believe it?

in the last three weeks I have not lost a SINGLE OUNCE.

Yet I have lost 6 inches. (2 off my waist, 2 off my band size and 2 off my bust) those are all I measure.

wtf.

I'm trying to stay positive. I know inches are important I guess I just don't "get it" and I Find it hard to believe I'm possibly building enough muscle to cancel out any weight loss I may be having as some people have suggested

When I didn't exercise though I lost really fast now that i"m exercising anywhere from 7-13 hours a week I'm not losing any lbs. so frustrating!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #2  
unabashed

at this rate I"ll be lucky to have lost 20 lbs by xmas out of the 50 I was shooting for.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

i think that is amazing! you are building your muscles and better yet, you are melting away the fat! fat is light so you can't track losing it on the scale, but it is visible in the mirror. congratulations!
quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #4  
unabashed

yeah I just posted about losing 6% body fat in my 'holy cow' thread, so I am totally done with the *****ing. :P
Old 09-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

Keep your eye on the goal! If I could be smaller and fit into size 12 jeans, I wouldn't care what the scale says. Ultimately, it's about being smaller, fitter, and healthier, right? So keep your eye on the prize. You are staying on plan and exercising, and your body is showing the results with smaller measurements. So ignore the scale for now; keep doing what you are doing and my guess is that you will get a big WHOOSH. It's hard, I know, because we are conditioned to think that the scale is the most important measure. It's not. It's just one measure among many.

You are doing so well. 2" off each of those measures is Ka-Razy in 3 weeks. It takes me 4-6 weeks to lose 1" off my waist, sometimes longer. So if we're going strictly by the tape measure, you are kicking BUTT!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #6  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

You ARE loosing weight, but also building muscle which is GREAT--remember that! Do you prefer to see the numbers coming down but look sloppy, or the numbers staying the same but looking more tone and fitting in a smaller size??
Remember...it's not all about the numbers on the scale. Be proud of yourself. You're body is transforming itself into a more beautiful you. Smile grly and give your body time to adjust!
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote