Old 09-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #16  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

amy
lindor - wow at LEAST you are not sick! tough to stay strong when everyone around you is needing help

julia - i hate not going to the gym makes you feel even worse than if you had gone !

me - house hunting and getting over it - ESPECIALLY since finding out that the houses in the suburb i actually thought i really wanted to live near i can not even consider if i want to keep three dogs.
the more i say it the more there is NO way i am getting rid of one of my dogs so i just have to look at properties in a different council
damn arse rules - you MUST have minimum of 10 HECTARES (not acres) to keep more than 2 dogs and even then you must apply for a kennel licence - what a load of crap
i keep three dogs on a 650m2 block in brissy and am allowed 4 if i wanted to, i have a permit for them and NO complaints (although if i was my neighbours i'd complain about Felicity her bark is SO annoying)

so with our budget and the 'restrictions' of dog keeping and benji having to drive to the valley for work we are taking a week off house hunting to get our house finished so as soon as we find somewhere we can sell sell sell

my eating has been stupid but i went to the gym tuesday (weights) wednesday (cardio) and am about to go NOW for boxing, then will try and get a dog walk in today and at least once on the weekend and see what happens
i do NOT expect to lose weight and this week i just didnt care, i CHOSE not to care which i KNOW is stupid

amy you rock
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

I lost a whole kilo this week. YAY for me!!!!
barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #18  

go barb go!!
that is so exciting - i love that your ticker is a seven kilo goal, did you know that every seven kilos is meant to be a dress size?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #19  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

wow Kel. where did u get that info? that is awesome. Barb that is so cool on yr loss congrats heaps n heaps
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #20  
It's ME!

Good to see a few more people posting! Glad to hear that Mista is doing well Lindor

I'm way off track. Have been eating crap and not caring about it at all. Only went to the gym twice this week. Ho hum.

Yesterday I went to Nelson for the day for work and got stuck there, planes couldn't land or take off due to bad weather. Checked into a hotel and went to the supermarket which is where bad things happened ... for dinner I had a bottle of bubbly, half a wheel of brie, a pack of pate, 3/4 of a pack of crackers, chicken, sausage and a chocolate bar. Binge anyone?

Not surprisingly I felt pretty sick afterwards

Had to be up at 6am for an early flight home, had enough time to grab a mcmuffin from McDonalds and started work at 9:30am. I'm here till 1 then working all afternoon/early evening at the rugby. I'll pick up some sushi to take to the game to avoid the temptation of eating chips and hotdog.

Working tomorrow too but will sit down tomorrow night and do some goal setting as I've gone far off track and I need to get back on the right path.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I'm here lurking too. I've put on so much weight it's just plain embarrassing. I don't even want to get on the scales.

I know my clothes don't fit me anymore and that my eating over the last four months has been absolutely appalling!

So starting today I'm going to go right back to basics and set myself a goal of losing just five kilos. No 'big picture', no eventual goal… for the next three months - or however long it takes - I am going to do the work to get this 5kg off. And then I'll have a look at the next lot.

Amy, that's fantastic! Congratulations

Barb - you too! I love your resilience and I'm really happy when you lose weight.

Lindor it sounds like things are really tough - are you OK?

Kel I hate how modern living tries to exclude pets - I understand all the reasons why, but I hate it.

Julia it sounds like I am eating about as well as you at the moment. Let's try and get back on track together. Do you want to join me in an Aussie Chicks attempt to drop 5kg? Anyone else?

Vonni how are you travelling?

Who have I missed?

Gen where are you?

Right.RIGHT!

Today…

• go to the growers market and buy healthy food;

• drink 2L of water;

• eat no more than 1700 calories;

• write EVERYTHING down;

• go and buy some vegetable seedlings and plant my own food;

• get the bin out and throw out ALL the crappy junk that is sitting in the pantry;

• start to figure out the reasons why I did this to myself.

If I had to guess I would say I have put on about ten kilos. I'm not proud of that, and I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

What I am going to do is STOP! BREATHE! And fix it.
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I am very ok Ani! I am enjoying my new life here too much to let these thing bring me down too much.

Yes, there is worry and concern, but I am fine with it all! At the moment anyway

I want to take on the 5kg challenge you put forward...but I really, really, really don't want to get on the scales to find my 'start weight' for the challenge! For now, I am going to work on getting the junk out of my life and the better choices back in!
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #23  

I didn't want to get on the scales either and I definitely DID NOT want to come in here and confess how much weight I have put on.

But I figured that in the end it is me I am letting down more than anyone else, and somehow the act of confessing makes me want to be more accountable. The great thing about Aussie Chicks is that nobody is going to judge you.

We are ALL here because we struggle with getting weight off and keeping it off - and because we all know that we'd be healthier, stronger, fitter if we could just win this battle.

Come on matey - be brave
Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #24  

I'm in on your 5kg challenge Ani. That's what I would like to lose by Christmas.

I think we all have the same problems. Losing weight is hard but achievable its maintaining that's the real issue here. We tend to fall back into bad habbits very easily. So that 2kg that sneaks back on is ok, but before you know it it's 10 and then its more than you lost in the first place. For me this is so true. This is why a diet never really works, changing the way we think about food and what we need from it is the key to genuine weight loss, and keeping it off for the long haul. Even though I know these things I still can't manage to change the way I treat food in my life. Am I making any sense!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #25  

Making complete sense to me Barb. I thought I had it nailed, because I agree 100% with your philosophy about changing the way we think about food.

It really is tough to make it a life-long commitment, but we can only keep trying until we get it right.

Really happy you and Lindor are in on the 5kg challenge with me . Anyone else?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

OK OK!!

I've had my last face stuffing moment!!

I will jump on the scales tomorrow morning!! And I too will concentrate solely on this 5kg!

No more feeling fat, bloated and over stuffed! No more feeling tired but being too uncomfortable to sleep because I am over full!

No more junk!

No more crap!
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #27  

Yay Lindor!!! Just think "It's only five kg's. Easy!"
Old 09-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #28  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

I started my 5kg goal a while back and i am over half way there... woohoo. the past week though has been a shocker for me. been back to eating chips AND chocolate each day. everything else has been ok.

though sadly i wont make it to 73kg by next monday when i head off to my holiday. hopefully my eating will be ok while away
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #29  

food is fuel for your body
you would not waste good money on putting crap fuel in your car so why do it to your body
Old 09-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

That's just it though - food isn't fuel for me, or most overweight people. It's sadness, it's joy, it's a friend and an enemy, a comfort....etc.

I realized I am not even living my life because of my weight. I seem to keep thinking that "something" will happen and i'll magically lose weight and then everything will be wonderful. But in reality, I'll still be living in a foreign place, without my family and friends, with my mum slowly dying. So then I think "why bother?".

I think what I lost is the feeling that I deserve to do it. I had it for a while, but it's been gone for a long time now. I don't know what to do, but hanging around the house because you feel so disgustingly fat, and avoiding things and friends and events because you don't want to try to find something to wear... it's depressing.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote