General chatter - Stretch Mark Creams

View Full Version : Stretch Mark Creams

bigsexy
09-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Has anyone ever tried a strech mark cream that works?? I have a road map on my stomach after having my baby girl and I'm trying a sample of one called Celtrixa, but I didn't know if anyone had any other advice or samples to try. FYI, I'm going to take before and after pics of my stomach while using my sample so if anyone's intersted, I'll keep you posted!

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY
09-05-2009, 04:49 PM
idk any stretch mark creams but please do take pictures along the way because i would like to try one myself ...

LiL PiXiE
09-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I've always heard it's not about the lotion you use but actually massaging your stomach...idk how true it is, but I also have stretchmarks after having my son...they are EVERYWHERE!! My stomach, my sides, my thighs, my breast and behind my knees....ugh!!! If something works, do share! I read yesterday somewhere in this forum that Avon has a good one, the person couldn't remember the name, but said it come in a purple bottle and it's for cellulite as well as stretchmarks and she said it worked for her....

iampoe
09-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I think its:

Super Shape Anti-Cellulite & Stretch Mark Cream (by Avon)

I've heard good things about it too

murphmitch
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Um, there's a big ad for stretch mark cream running on the side of this thread! :)

Chelby29
09-05-2009, 11:10 PM
When my son asks why he has to do what I say, I say, "Because I have the stretch marks!" I wear them with pride! :)

AR4life
09-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I hate to tell you this but cream won't help stretch marks, :( you've damaged the lowest layers of your skin, cream won't reach that. Cream will help you feel better but ask your mom if she has stretch marks, it's a genetic thing. I got one stretch mark with my 3rd baby, my mom has none.

The good thing about stretch marks is that they fade away and are just silvery lines.
Badges of honour, I agree :D

liss
09-07-2009, 08:26 AM
^ I like the 'badges of honour' approach ;) and I don't mind mine as much now they're just silvery.

BUT... I have to mention, I've heard that MSM cream helps. MSM is natural sulphur I think and people take it internally in powder form too. I was reading about the benefits of the powder as it is supposed to be beneficial to skin regeneration as well as many other things. I ended up reading about the cream and read a few things online about it helping with stretch marks, so maybe it's worth a shot. :) I am yet to try it myself but I'm considering giving it a go.

KboP
09-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Bio Oil really worked not only on my strech marks but also my scars, does not make them go away but gets them to the 'silverly' stage a lot quicker, its great for all sorts off skin issues, you can use it as a bath oil as well.

It also helps prevent the appearance off new ones

liss
09-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Just wanted to add to this... I got some of the MSM cream and thought I would do a little experiment, try it on a few stretch marks but not all of them so I can measure any difference. Could do nothing but you never know! :D

bigsexy
09-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Excellent! Well let me know how the cream works for you liss. I'll be really interested to know.