Alternachicks - What's the diet plan that the alternachicks are following?

izzystizzy
09-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I know we have this on the BIO's but it would be nice to know what each of you are doing to lose weight lately!

;)

Im a bit confused about my lately south beach diet plan... i screwed exercises this week.. and i couldn't resist a weissbier last party.. so im thinking about changing my diet plan ;)

tiffany0809
09-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I really like the Mediterranean diet. There are so many foods I can eat, and they are DELICIOUS! There are some meals that take a lot of work, but a lot that are quick and easy too. And it's easy to maintain as a lifestyle, not as a "diet" to lose weight quickly, just to gain it back.

:blah:

DivineFidelity
09-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm doing weight watchers at home, and I find it so simple to follow, and I'm really seeing results. I've been dieting for 51 days, barely exercising, and I've lost 25 lbs....of course, I SHOULD exercise more...but right now with classes and working full time I just can't fit it in too easily...

Gypsy Severina
09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm doing Weight Watchers online and loving it!

Robot
09-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm trying to follow Dr. Fuhrman's Eat 2 Live. I've been slacking lately, but am getting my butt in gear.

thistime140
09-06-2009, 01:13 PM
calorie counting/fat grm counting...exercise. Low carb/low sugar
First time I have ever tried without suppliments!

spitey
09-06-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't know exactly what it would be called (atkins maybe, south beach sort of). I mainly eat, meats, non root veg (except raw carrots) full fat yoghurt, cheese, eggs, and nuts. It's hard to start but once I got passed the first few days I am ok, oh, and I givve myself one cheat day every two weeks!

Skullarix
09-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Hello, I know its been a while, but I'm trying to eat right and exercise, but I've been slipping up lately, and I gained back ten pounds. I've managed to lose four of that.

When I say eat right, I "try" to eat organic whole foods, living by the rule, if it had a mother or came from the earth I can eat it. I'm trying hard to steer clear of processed foods at all, and no "free" stuff (fat free, sugar free etc)

prinny
09-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Calorie counting. I love it because nothing is forbidden.

TXJess
09-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I calorie count as well. I've done generally very well staying on plan and adjusting for what life throws my way (except Sunday, darn concerts).

I do not feel deprived in really any way. Toss in some exercise and I'm good. :D

FitGirlyGirl
09-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm using a body bugg and I'm counting calories, but I'm not being very strict with the number of calories I eat, what I am watching is my calorie deficit. As long as I have at least a 1000 calorie deficit each day I'm happy. That means I can have treats if I want, I just have to walk or elliptical or whatever a bit more. I'm also watching my carb, fat, protein, etc. counts - I don't want only weight loss, I want health.

that1girl
09-24-2009, 01:52 AM
i just heard about and started trying this but heres whats new...

1200 calorie diet with yogurt. 3 meals a day @ 400 calories each and immediately followed by a serving of yogurt (ANY yogurt). i don't know if this is called anything so i jsut call it the Yoplait Stock Increase Diet :)

i'm loving it though. i never feel hungry or deprived of anything i want. for lunch today i had a bowl of Progresso Minestrone soup and Odwalla Wholly Wheat smoothie (300 calories total) and i was full! i ate my yogurt and was satisfied until dinner several hours later and without snacking! i'm exercising, too.

mauvaisroux
09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I am following my own plan of whole foods - avoiding processed foods; cutting back on white sugar, pasta etc. Eating more vegetarian and organic when I can afford it. Also portion control and exercise.

Mango30
09-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm a calorie counter too, but with a twist. I'm in Uni courses to be a dietition so I'm watching my ratios of protein/carbs and fats. I eat tons of veg but control how much fruit I eat due to the amount of sugar in it. processed foods are off the menu unless there are 5 or less ingredients on the ingredient list.

Frigg
09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm trying to follow Dr. Fuhrman's Eat 2 Live. I've been slacking lately, but am getting my butt in gear.

That's so cool. I take his multivitamins and was interested in his diet plan too (I'm vegan,) but haven't done so. I'm just a calorie counter and try to eat a balanced diet.

beerdrinker
11-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Calorie counting. I love it because nothing is forbidden.

same here.

what weiss bier did you have?

kissesmomof4
11-28-2009, 01:39 PM
I am starting the first module of Dr. Ian's 4 Day Diet. I just randomly picked the book up at the library just out of curiosity and I really liked the fact that you focus on four days at a time. I get daunted when I think about a long stretch of time.

alhiser
01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm starting out with the "Don't put sh!t in my mouth" diet to start with. Basically exercising and calorie counting ;)

Metal Chick
01-06-2010, 05:10 PM
I am following my own plan of whole foods - avoiding processed foods; cutting back on white sugar, pasta etc. Eating more vegetarian and organic when I can afford it. Also portion control and exercise.

Me too. :)

Except I also only eat once a day. I used to just graze, like I would grab a handful of soynuts or a few baby carrots or something when I got hungry. That was great for energy but I never lost weight doing that.

Then I moved in with my boyfriend and he likes to have an ACTUAL MEAL every night so I started cooking dinner for us. I cook with REAL INGREDIENTS though. I grew up as the only girl in a big, poor family so it's very natural for me. :D I cook completely from scratch 95% of the time. Sometimes I will use canned diced tomatoes or prepared mayonnaise for convenience though. I found that sitting down to dinner (even with using recommended portions) AND grazing was making me put on weight, so now I don't eat AT ALL until dinner. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it's working pretty well for me. Plus, since I've started eating only once a day I've found that I don't have to pay attention to portions because I just CAN'T eat that much and my body CRAVES healthier foods even more than it did before. I used to sort of enjoy the occasional meal of fast food or frozen pizza rolls. Now I cringe when my boyfriend wants that and I try to talk him out of it. My body knows it's only going to get one meal and it wants fuel! It's pretty cool.

Again, it's not for everyone. I'm a weirdo.

Sakai
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Robot View Post
That's so cool. I take his multivitamins and was interested in his diet plan too (I'm vegan,) but haven't done so. I'm just a calorie counter and try to eat a balanced diet.

I'm also doing this lifestyle change. To put it simply....I went Vegetarian and tend to lean away from processed food. (like bread, pasta, white rice..ect)
So far it's working very well. I no longer have that "Heavy" feeling in my gut after eating a meat meal. The weight seems to be coming of at a steady pace.

KKBs Nicole
01-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I've done WW before but I'm currently on South Beach and I love it. Some people do really well on WW and I loved the online portion of the plan but South Beach has (so far) really been working well for me. My appetite has really diminished which never happened for me on WW.

britticus
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
No sweets! And i'm doing a wild rose cleanse to help me kick my junky habits. I also set an old picture of me from when i was 18 living in thailand in bikini bottoms as my decktop background. I was thin then and thats what I want to look like again!!!!!!

wannabeMTchick
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
New here & jumping in I started with whole foods/Southbeach and currently following eat to live but adding eggs due to nursing an 8mth old.

243/186/160

archychick
01-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I have reverted back to a pescetarian diet. Heavy on the veggies with a balance of mammal-less protein (fish, eggs, dairy) and healthy carbs. Portion control and a focus on exercise. I'm not following anything strictly, just a change of attitude and lifestyle. Three lbs gone in the 1st week, so far so good.

eroica27
01-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I have reverted back to a pescetarian diet. Heavy on the veggies with a balance of mammal-less protein (fish, eggs, dairy) and healthy carbs. Portion control and a focus on exercise. I'm not following anything strictly, just a change of attitude and lifestyle. Three lbs gone in the 1st week, so far so good.

I'm doing this too...but with even less animal (I started with 2 months of meatlessness and haven't really wnated it since). I start running tomorrow.

Jaimie
01-14-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm following weight watchers and am sticking to lean meats. I've eliminated pork and beef from my diet.

chickiechic
01-17-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm a calorie counter. Only thing that works for me.

I've been using Fit-Day's downloadable software, (the free web version has worked well for me before) to track my calories consumed and burned... it automatically creates or updates all kinds of reports, charts, and graphs, and having a visual guide has been really motivating for me. It also tracks nutrition, although I've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies (to fill up on fiber) so I've noticed there typically aren't any deficits my morning Centrum chewable (only mutivitamin that doesn't make me puke) or evening Tums (for the calcium) doesn't take care of.

Only complaint is that lately, I've been having to create a lot of custom entries because it's database is lacking (it's not hard, I just enter the info off the nutrition label off my food or estimate using the USDA databse ... but it is kind of annoying).

(I'm not allowed to post the link to the database yet, but you can google it).

I've been thinking about trying Diet Power, because it learns from your entries and adjusts it's predictions/charts to your metabolic rate (as measured by your calorie consumption and rate of weight loss).