Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #1  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Got get back on it

It has been TOM all week and I have really fell off my plan big time. Got to get back on it tomorrow. I had soda, sweets, and even pizza! I feel horrible! My stomach did not like the bad food, I guess it was use to healthy stuff.
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Talking

Well, the good news is tha you caught yourself and you have another setbof food choices coming up in the next meal - a chance to do better! It's not how many times we fall that defines us, but how many times we pick ourselves back up.

Forgive yourself and keep moving forward
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

There will be TOM every month. Don't use it as a reason to give into those cravings, especially so early on in your journey. Remember, just because you want something, doesn't mean you HAVE to have it. You must keep in mind what it is you want the MOST. The very most. Those cravings will pass. They may be strong, but you ARE stronger.

And one other thing, why wait till tomorrow???? You can stop the damage right in it's tracks. Get back to it TODAY. The whole day is not "blown". This will be all the difference in your journey. If you should happen to have a misstep, no reason whatsoever to follow it by another and then another. Make it a singular event. Don't look at it as a "whole day affair". A singular even.

Use this as a learning experience. Make substitutions for those cravings, plan ahead and get past them. You will feel MARVELOUS when you do. Just marvelous.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #4  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
There will be TOM every month. Don't use it as a reason to give into those cravings, especially so early on in your journey. Remember, just because you want something, doesn't mean you HAVE to have it. You must keep in mind what it is you want the MOST. The very most. Those cravings will pass. They may be strong, but you ARE stronger.

And one other thing, why wait till tomorrow???? You can stop the damage right in it's tracks. Get back to it TODAY. The whole day is not "blown". This will be all the difference in your journey. If you should happen to have a misstep, no reason whatsoever to follow it by another and then another. Make it a singular event. Don't look at it as a "whole day affair". A singular even.

Use this as a learning experience. Make substitutions for those cravings, plan ahead and get past them. You will feel MARVELOUS when you do. Just marvelous.
I'm not sure it can be said better. Sorry to go off topic but after reading so many of your post rockinrobin, I have to say you're extremely motivational.

I'm very no nonsense no excuses about my weight loss and some may say I'm to hard on myself but it get's it done. I want to lose the weight more then I want to eat unhealthy foods and be inactive. It's really that simple and from your posts you seem to feel the same way about it.

If I ever start to slip, you're the one I'm coming to to kick my butt back into shape!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #5  
Now Or Never

Oh I agree totally. I don't like how I feel when I am eating bad and being lazy.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #6  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

I wasn't meaning anything about you. And I'm sorry I hijacked your thread. I've just found so many of rockinrobins post very motivational and couldn't hold it in anymore. I probably should have made my own post about it or something :P

But I'm glad to hear your hopping right back on plan. That's the hardest part and the most important.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #7  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

Absolutely! You can't change what's already happened, and dwelling on it in self-criticism only weakens you - so surge forward into the next moment, and the next, because you DO have power over them!
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #8  
Now Or Never

Thanks ladies
Old 09-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
I'm very no nonsense no excuses about my weight loss and some may say I'm to hard on myself but it get's it done. I want to lose the weight more then I want to eat unhealthy foods and be inactive. It's really that simple and from your posts you seem to feel the same way about it.

If I ever start to slip, you're the one I'm coming to to kick my butt back into shape!
Aww thanks so much for the kind words!!!

For me, that was exactly it. I wanted to lose weight and be healthy MORE then I wanted "those foods". Finally I WANTED that. Finally! And you're right - no more excuses. G-d, I had lots of them. But here's the thing - I don't think not making any excuses is being "hard on yourself". It's that brutal honestly, that is actually being kind to yourself. And treating yourself with the respect that one deserves.

If you should ever slip, yes, I'll be more then happy to kick your butt. But do me a favor and be kind to yourself and kick your own butt.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote