100 lb. Club - SEPTEMBER NSV's

View Full Version : SEPTEMBER NSV's

Sandi
09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

econ nerd
09-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh Oh I get to go first??

NSV for me was fitting into a blouse I had not been able to wear for over two years :carrot: Still a tad snug but it FITS again!!

And another shirt of mine - one with a fake vest thing on it - I can now do the buttons up all the way to the bottom - for a couple years I could not do up the bottom buttons :D

A few more pounds and more of my old (nice) clothing will fit again :carrot:

caryesings
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I had a friend from college that I hadn't seen in 25 years contact me on Facebook that he would be in my town on business this week and would love to see me.

For the first time EVER, I did not think about what I would look like to someone who hadn't seen me since I gained 100lbs in 1990. Probably because I'm feeling so positive about the direction I am moving regarding my weight. Had a great reunion and I even worked in an evening stroll into our plans knowing I would have to skip my workout that night.

salsa chip
09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
In the middle of my lecture today we had a break and I went to the machine and got a chocolate bar.

Which I then ate half of. I might have the other half after dinner.

ubergirl
09-03-2009, 01:25 PM
My friend brought my favorite chocolate cake to the house and I didn't eat a single bite. Not even a lick of the frosting. And the last slice is still sitting there and I KNOW I won't eat it.

I feel so much bouncier now! I can go out shopping after my workout without getting tired.

And hey, lets not forget those SIZE 20 jeans.

cfmama
09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I went for my walk/job last night and my friend, who is 43 pounds lighter than me, was OUT OF BREATH and totally couldn't keep up! I had to slow down for her! It was awesome ;)

Ryanne
09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
My mother in law gave me a hoodie last winter and even though I wore it, it was too small and very tight. I finally put it in the back of the closet cuz was embarrassing to wear. The bottom of the hoodie only went to my waist. So anyway, this morning, as I was getting ready for my walk, I decided to try it on and thought "I'll try it on and then just hang it back up til I can wear it"... Well, guess what??? It was too big! The sleeves went past my hands and where it used to be too short, was below my butt and altogether too loose and way too big! Nevertheless, I wore it for my walk and felt really good that this will be the last time wearing it, cuz I will wash it and give it away. Whoo HOOOOOO!:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer::yay:

H8cake
09-03-2009, 02:20 PM
We went to the coast last weekend and I went up and down this long steep trail to the beach. Last time I was there was ten years ago and I had to keep stopping and thought I was going to die before I made it to the top. I went right up this time, no stopping and it didn't feel hard at all! Walking on the beach is so easy now, before it was miserable. I also had to buy some jeans since it was too cold for shorts. I bought three pairs of size 6. Unbelievable! I started at a very tight 22.

Jae165
09-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I was able to get both of my wedding rings back on. As I gained weight my fingers puffed up and I was only able to wear the band and not the engagement ring.
As of today they are both on.....WooHoo!!!

Nice job everyone.

SunshineCA
09-03-2009, 09:04 PM
As my busy season begins, I can no longer fit any of my "terp" attire! Everything looks as if I'm borrowing someone else's clothes. :eek: I so need to go on a shopping trip ASAP!

Couch
09-04-2009, 06:20 AM
I found a couple of bra's in an op shop a few months ago that were the same style and cup size as the one I was wearing, but the next bandsize smaller. I decided to take the gamble and buy them, even though I had no idea whether they'd ever fit, bra sizing being a tricksy thing. This morning, after both of the bra's that currently fit were rained on overnight, I tried one of them one. It fit! Total saving: $92!

CJZee
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
(I posted this on the "positive uplifting" thread, but am so happy with this I wanted to post it here too.)

I had a dream in which I was dressed up and looking in a full-length mirror and I was slim! The cool thing was the dream had nothing to do with weight loss, but with me checking out the outfit I was wearing, so I guess it felt normal to be slim. It was so wonderful!

I have been trying to communicate to my subconscious mind that I am getting slim, and I think it is working.

Phenomenal Woman
09-04-2009, 09:19 AM
First lemme say this is a GREAT thread! Congratulations for all these great victories ladies!

I was actually really happy with myself for getting 1300 minutes of exercise in last month. My goal was 1600 for the month, but I didn't start until the 6th, and I had several days when I wasn't able to do my workout, so I was really pleased with myself for being able to stick with my goal for the entire first month.

And yesterday, I had another really cool nsv!

I went for a walk with my sister in law. She is a tiny little thing who probably weighs about 100 lbs soaking wet. Normally when I walk with my sis in law, she gets a bit frustrated because she has to slow down for me. But yesterday, she was really surprised that I was naturally walking at her pace without getting winded. AND after about 30 minutes, she started complaining that she wanted to head home! We walked for a total of 65 minutes, and I could have happily kept walking for another 15 or 20 minutes, but she was cashed! lol :) It was great! Hehehee

ubergirl
09-04-2009, 02:54 PM
People are starting to ask ME for advice about how to lose weight.

CJZee
09-05-2009, 08:39 AM
People are starting to ask ME for advice about how to lose weight.

This is FABULOUS! I've often thought that talking (and, for me, writing) about HOW we lose and maintain weight is helpful in formulating and hard-wiring patterns in our head. You are doing so well, congrats!

salsa chip
09-05-2009, 09:24 AM
In the last month I've lost 3in from my waist and about half an inch from my thigh :)

starfishkitty
09-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Go Salsa! That's a whole lot of inches in a month!!! Lucky!!!

Okay, so my first Sept NSV...

I'd worked an 82hr work week (God, take THAT people who are trying to tell me I can fit the gym in 6 days a week!! :snooty: I'm proud of my 2 to 3 right now, thanks!) in 7 days, and I'd been feeling kind of bad because I didn't have time for my grandma at all (she lives with me) and so I told her I'd take her out to dinner at Applebee's..... the only reason why I picked Applebees was because I had a coupon. :lol:

So it'd been a long, long, LONG time since I'd been out to eat and I'm pretty adamant about not eating out often, so that when I do... I let myself eat what I want. With a diet pop of course. ;) So my grandma and I proceed to TOTALLY bring down the house with an appetizer platter we shared, a burger and fries for me (plain though, no cheese or mayo), and then the cookie and ice cream desert that we shared. :cbg:

I mean, we literally ROLLED out of there we were so stuffed... our sides were creaking, I kid you not.

My NSV: Even though I enjoyed the dinner, and the indulgences, and the excesses..... as I was walking out, I was like "Whew! I'm glad I don't eat like this every day anymore!" Like, literally.... I don't know HOW I could eat so heavy for so long!! It was fun while it lasted, but I totally don't have ANY urge to go back to that!

Awesome!!!!!

DCHound
09-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Today, I bought the smallest bra I have ever bought as an adult--38DDD. Last time I lost over 100 lbs my smallest bra was a 40D. I'm sure it didn't fit well, duh! The 38DDD is a bit snug but it sho does fit better than the 40DD I was wearing earlier today.

After I got home, I tried on a couple of very small XL tops I got at Costco a couple months ago (they correspond to 12/14s since my 14/16s all fit very well). WOW! With a new bra, they all fit! They are a bit more "fitted" than I'm ready for right now, but I think they will all be comfortably wearable in public sometime in October.

I haven't gotten on my scale in a while since I broke up with it (it wasn't doing it for me anymore LOL)...maybe I will sometime this week...

BarbPA
09-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Love all these NSVs! We rock! :high:

I biked 15 miles yesterday...and wanted more! :D

ANewCreation
09-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Does being able to cross my legs COMFORTABLY count? I'm talking, actual crossing of the legs, no hand to hold them in place or else it's fat bouncing off fat!

I crossed my legs today. They stayed crossed. It was comfortable.

WOW!

Judy Lynn
09-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I made it through 3 weeks of a display of chocolate almonds being in the office without having one. They guy came and picked them up today. Whew! Sure am glad they are gone!

StellarGirl
09-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Anewcreation...I can totally relate to that! I can't wait until that's a normal manuever for me again! Great job!

I have a couple little NSVs...

1.) I did an extra 20 minutes at the gym today
2) I did an extra mile on Sunday
3. I wore a size 26 when I started...I have a very form-fitting pencil skirt in a 24 that I've been dying to wear...It zips! I need another 5 lbs or so to wear it in public because it makes me look a bit lumpy right now...but it felt so good to see a noticable difference! =)

4. I also signed up for the diabetes walk in this area...I'm going to do a 5K walk on the 10th! Good thing to work toward and I've never done anything like that before!!! =)

SuchAPrettyFace
09-14-2009, 01:56 AM
I killed my arms at the gym today. During the backstroke, I just kinda push the water from my shoulders, keeping my hands half in & half out of the water.

Today I did that on the warm up & cool down, but for the laps in between, I put my hands under the water & pushed toward the bottom of the pool. I FELT IT, OMG. Still feelin it. :)

dcapulet
09-14-2009, 02:13 AM
I jogged for a total of 40 min in 10 min stretches with only a mintue or two in between. and i signed up for a 5k :)

toastedsmoke
09-14-2009, 04:26 AM
I went to the DMV to get a Driver's License last Thursday and after an internal debate I decided to put down my real current weight (even though I know most people I know shave off 10-20 lbs at least). Well the lady filling the form ARGUED with me, she was like there's no way I weigh that, that I looked like I weighed much less and that she didn't think I looked even 200 lbs. She was in total disbelief even as I left. That kind of made my day... ok fine... it totally made my week!!!

Nada
09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I did a bootcamp this morning, in which we did a good deal of running. Almost all of the other participants are much younger and fitter than I am. I DID NOT QUIT. And I did not come in dead last either.

Butterfly50
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I am proud of my self that as much temptation that has been through this house I have not gave in to one of them( Oreos, Chocolate Pie, Candy Corn, Sour Gummi Worms, Etc) When they pull their special treats out I jest pull mine out and have a snack. Makes it all worth while and I dont feel like cheating.

ANewCreation
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Butterfly 50 -- you Rock!!!!!

I made a minestone soup last night and only had one bowl. In the past, even when dieting, I would have had many bowls! I would have said, 'It's just veggies, it's a free food.' I started to think that way last night and before I got a second bowl I said to myself...'But, are you hungry?' Well, no. Then why was I going back for more? So, I didn't.

Could I have afforded the calories? Yes. But I wasn't hungry. I was full. I stopped at one bowl.

That's my NSV this weekend. It's a biggie for me because portion control and mindless eating is an issue for me. Yay!!!!

kasmin
09-17-2009, 05:57 AM
although I really really really didn't want to (TOM issues), I did the exercise I was planning to. And of course felt the better for it:D I wish I could bottle that after feeling for use at other times;)

ubergirl
09-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Lots of NSVs last night at Back-to-School Night at the high school.

1. walking up and down the three flights of stairs didn't bother me.
2. pulled on jeans and button down shirt and looked "normal." In the past, I often overdressed for school events because it was hard for me to look nice and casual at the same time.
3. No problem fitting into the kids little desk chairs.
4. Ran into friend's husband who asked if I had lost weight! (I've noticed you have to lose a good bit before the men start to notice.)
5. I wore my wedge heels and had to park really far away. My first thought was "oh no, my feet are going to hurt." They didn't.
6. Went to the gym on the way home...

SuchAPrettyFace
09-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I bought potato salad, ate one serving & put it back in the fridge.

It may not sound like much, but trust me, it's HUGE.

ANewCreation
09-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh, I totally get that! Good job!

I bought new panties today. While they're only a size smaller, I didn't have to go to the plus size section to get them. And they're pretty! Haven't had those in a long time!!!!

Jessica88
09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I tried on a pair of pants from high school which I have not even be able to hardly get over my legs for the past 4 years and they fit today and were even a little loose!

SunshineCA
09-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I hung out with my friends last weekend. I haven't seen anyone since my surprise BDAY party in August. They were amazed at my progress. One of my friends told me she was glad I was wearing something that fits and showing off my body that I like to hide underneath. ;) We had an amazing night! :D

StellarGirl
09-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Today I had someone notice my weight loss beside my family. She was scared to say something afraid she would offend me. I gave her a big hug and said thank you! =D

waquilter
09-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Two NSV for today - Went to a concert with DH - they had a fancy "lite meal" and I only had a small taste of the mushroom soup - later we went to a wedding & after tasting the cake I threw all of it in the garbage - if I'm going off program it'll have to be for something way better than that!

Suezeeque
09-20-2009, 02:42 AM
I am proud of my self that as much temptation that has been through this house I have not gave in to one of them( Oreos, Chocolate Pie, Candy Corn, Sour Gummi Worms, Etc) When they pull their special treats out I jest pull mine out and have a snack. Makes it all worth while and I dont feel like cheating.

When I look at your picture I just see someone who is so determined. That is quite a feat, resisting all that sugar. Congratulations. I love this stupid carrot! :carrot:

time2lose
09-25-2009, 10:37 AM
I am surprised that this thread got buried!

Last night I was making a quick, easy, healthy supper, a vegetable omelet, when I realized that my tastes have really changed. I wanted that omelet as much as I once wanted my junk! I have come to feel that anything I can put onions and bell pepper in tastes good. I really desire my healthy food instead of just tolerating it in order to lose weight.

Phenomenal Woman
09-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I finally found this thread again! Yay! I wanted to post my nsv when I got back from my trip to Belgium, but I couldn't find the thread.

I actually went on two airplane rides and not only did I have to TIGHTEN the seatbelt, but I was not even slightly uncomfortable in the seat! Normally I'm squished into those seats and in pain the whole time, but this time, it was quite comfortable on both flights! :)

Plus, for those of you who didn't read this in the other thread that I posted somewhere on these boards, I have wrapped all the delicious chocolate that I bought while in Belgium in tight layers of plastic and sealed it with tape, and put it on a shelf I have to get a chair to reach. Hehe. I know if it's a bit of a struggle I'll think twice about eating it. lol... However, even though I did that, I haven't even felt much temptation at all to have it. Even if it wasn't all wrapped up, I don't think it'd be much of an issue for me at the moment. :)

Of course, TOM is probably going to change that significantly, so I'm hoping that plastic and tape will defend all that poor unsuspecting chocolate from the claws and fangs that time usually brings out! LOL :)

Rosinante
09-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Someone just dropped off some photos of me, taken at a function about 6 weeks ago. Not posed, candid. Do I look thin? Absolutely not. Do I look who's-that-eclipse-of-the-sun fat? Absolutely not.

IN SEVERAL CANDID PHOTOS - I LOOK NORMAL!!!!!

time2lose
09-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Phenomenal Woman - Great news about the trip to Belgium. I want to take a plane trip just to see how I fit in the seats. At least, that would be an excuse to take a trip.

What a great idea on how to manage eating those chocolates! I will be copying that.

Rosinante Normal is great!

I think we are going to have to pay attention to keep this thread on the first page. :)

time2lose
09-29-2009, 09:25 AM
After a couple of months of not seeing any difference in my clothing, I am starting to see my clothes get looser. In July I bought a couple of pairs of slacks and some shirts. I got them as tight as possible so that I could wear them for a while. They are not tight any more and actually are quite comfortable.

starfishkitty
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Laying down on my bed to watch some tv before I went to sleep... I realized I was laying normal, not sideways... and I could comfortably and perfectly see the tv.... no stomach or boobs in the way!!! :D :carrot:

girlonfire
09-29-2009, 01:09 PM
My old favorite black polo XL from Old Navy is more fitting as a dress now than a shirt. It covers my entire booty and hangs everywhere! It is not my most flattering shirt anymore.

DCHound
09-29-2009, 01:49 PM
On 9/7

Today, I bought the smallest bra I have ever bought as an adult--38DDD. Last time I lost over 100 lbs my smallest bra was a 40D. I'm sure it didn't fit well, duh! The 38DDD is a bit snug but it sho does fit better than the 40DD I was wearing earlier today.

After I got home, I tried on a couple of very small XL tops I got at Costco a couple months ago (they correspond to 12/14s since my 14/16s all fit very well). WOW! With a new bra, they all fit! They are a bit more "fitted" than I'm ready for right now, but I think they will all be comfortably wearable in public sometime in October.

I haven't gotten on my scale in a while since I broke up with it (it wasn't doing it for me anymore LOL)...maybe I will sometime this week...

Um, those tops fit now. I'm going to wear one tomorrow night!!

CJZee
09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
My doctor told me that I carry my weight well and I look great. He actually wants me to lose weight more slowly, like 3 lbs per month, a refreshing change from some doctors I've visited who think it should melt off like hot butter. (I'm sticking to the 5-6 lbs/month, though, which seems plenty slow to me.)

Anyway, it was a nice "atta girl".