Weight Loss Support - One Day Challenge Check-In #1

View Full Version : One Day Challenge Check-In #1

Amarantha2
07-14-2002, 04:31 AM
Proclamation: It's a loverly day in the Royal Neighborhood, though early in the a.m. and Empress Amarantha of the Walking Poles can't sleep because it is hot ... so she has proclamath her challenge early for today because it is the FIRST DAY OF HER ROYAL LIFE. So just for today, she's challenging herself to:

One: Bring a playful spirit to her usual Sunday weigh-in, which is sure to be an all-time high one, but the Queen doesn't care, just needs to get the facts. Weight gain is reversible ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Two: Rededicate herself to her (dare she say the word?) DIET! Ya-hoo! It is liberating just to say the word. The Queen has reached a conclusion that DIETS DO WORK (but they have to be healthy and sustainable).

Three: Do one hour of pole walking, broken into as many segments as needed.

Four: Eat a reasonable amount of calories. On a future ONE DAY CHALLENGE, the Queen, should she choose to accept it, will challenge herself to post a preplanned menu and challenge her imperial self to stick to it.

Five: Come back to this thread for a SHORT late report on compliance with today's plan as outlined in Points 1-4, but not post any irrelevancies, self-blame, excuses or whining. It is time for FOCUS! (Free Ourselves ... from weight ... 'Cause it's US ... and we're great)

Be it known: All and sundry folk from queendoms in the vicinity are welcome to likewise post ONE DAY challenges here BUT the queen begs them to come back and report at the end of the day. Also, no competition or disrespect is meant to the Blockette thread nor any other (nor eDiets from whom Amarantha, er, derived the idea of the ONE DAY CHALLENGE).

katrinabgood
07-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Methinks. perhaps, ONE DAY at a time may be better for me...I like the idea of completing a challenge, for a change! Perhaps after a succession of these small (not really small at all!) victories, I can proceedeth onto more manageable chunks of time...

As always, Q. Aramantha...you are a wise and learned ruler...
Long live the Queen!

Amarantha2
07-14-2002, 10:50 PM
Methinks I agree with you, Q. Katrinabgood! Completing a challenge is the best as I can testify, HAVING COMPLETED MY ONE DAY CHALLENGE of one hour of pole walking (broken into several time chunks) and 1950 calories. I still haveth four hours or so to the witching hour of midnight, but feel it is in the bageth!

Have to go to another town very early tomorrow and will post another (and different) one day challenge on this thread in the wee hours.

Aramantha's Weight as of 7-14-02: 168 (Up three)

"Tomorrow is a brand new day with no mistakes in it ... yet!" ~ Lucy Maude Montgomery (one of the Anne books, sorry, not sure if this quote is exactly correct, but it's appropriate).

Amarantha2
07-15-2002, 07:23 AM
"It is morning, Senlin says ..." ~ Poet Unknown to Amarantha

Good morning to all who may lurketh here. Please posteth a plan for today to challenge yourself if you so desireth! Or noteth! But come backeth to report or Empress Amarantha will be sad! (We can't have that, can we?) No whining, excuses or irrelevancies, just the facts, Royal Ma'ams! :D

Amarantha's Imperial Edict is that DIETS (DONNING IMPERIAL ELUCIDARY TRADITIONAL SENSE), so her CHALLENGE for today is:

ONE: When she's driving today and passes a convenience store she will tell herself: REMEMBER YOUR DIET!!! She will enter a convenience store parking lot only to BUY GAS, USE THE FACILITIES, GET HELP IN AN EMERGENCY, AND/OR BUY WATER TO DRINK IF SHE RUNS OUT.

TWO: She will eat only what she brings in her royal cooler and have a nice meal when she comes home and if asked to go to lunch will say she needs to get home so she can finish writing (true).

Subgoals for this day's challenge are to stay in a reasonable calorie range and try to get some exercise despite the stress of a new project.

katrinabgood
07-15-2002, 07:48 AM
Yesterday's One day challenge started strong and kind of fizzled, but not terribly so...Ate OP all morning...had Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad as a late lunch (around 4p), drove to Philly to return dd to school...stuck in traffic on the way home, ds dug out some trail mix (nuts, dried peas, little crispy soy things, etc) which we chowed down upon along with some Pringles...they WERE the reduced fat kind! No dinner since I needed a wee nappie before work @ 11p...No exercise unless you consider road rage a calorie burner! All in all, not the worst I could have done...but not the best! Ahh well...today begins a new day (no mistakes yet!) ;) and so, a new challenge.

Goals:
All meals OP
Exercise of some sort, walking, swimming, video...something.
Water, 1 gal.

Will report in later this evening if, ahem...WHEN all goals are met.

If, at first, you don't succeed...try, try again.

Arabella
07-15-2002, 08:32 AM
All Hail Queens Amarantha and Katrina! :wave: Long may you rule!

I've decided that a combo of the two threads could work well: Come in here and post my challenge for each day, and at the end of the day report back. If I made it, then -- hey ! I'm on to the next day of the 21 day challenge. I may have a string of same-challenge days, but then will be able to adapt each day's particular challenge to circumstances. I think I like this plan.

Hmmm. Also need to stop procrastinating, or I will be up Sh*t Creek without the proverbial paddle. And in a leaky boat. So I'm gonna post my challenge for today and then get on with it. Sigh.

Today:

Keep intake under 35 points.

Walk 3 miles and do 2 sets of Tai Chi (already walked)

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Have a wonderful day, Little Queenies!
xo
babette

MomTo2Boys
07-15-2002, 09:25 AM
Good morning ladies/queens.....how are you all doing today?

Well, I have yet again come to the point of trying to get back on track and making myself fit......so.....with the help from my old thread friends....I am sure to do it this time......

I am going to try to find out what time the yoga shows are on here in the morning times before the kiddos awake.....and I can get myself going........I am also going to start taking the kids to the YMCA swimming.....and I might attempt a yoga class there for beginners.......I gotta start somewhere...somehow......

Today this is my challenge.....

1. cut back on fatty foods...actually all foods
2. get moving...not that I dont already chasing after 2 kids....but I will do extra.....
3. find a fitness program/show to do tomorrow morning.....
4. make every attempt possible to follow thru on my goals......

Ok....I will now get off here and get moving.....good luck to you all....hope you have a successful day!!!

Take care....LisaL

Amarantha2
07-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Emperess Amarantha's P.M. Report: She's back earlier than expected because a person she had an appointment with stood her up, so she (Amarantha, that is) is doing her best not to go crazy on calories to compensate. Howsomever, she (Amarantha) has MET all her goals for her ONE DAY CHALLENGE, thusly:

She stopped at NO convenience stores, zippo, not one! She ate only what was in her cooler (slimfast, I'm afraid, but that was all she wanted)! She had a low fat BBQ sandwich in a low fat bun, two miniature ice cream cones, and a cranberry-strawberry-lime smoothie (50 calories, made with frozen fruit & water) for dinner, which she ate a bit early since she was up at 4 a.m. (She's sure she has too much work to do tonight to eat).

BTW, what Amarantha was trying to say about DIETS above is that in her opinion, they DO work ... DIET is her watchword ... REMEMBER THE DIET (Do It Exceptionally Today!!!) Hooray!

Greetings to Queens Katrinabgood and MomTo2Boys, as well as HRH, The Wood Nymph Arabella! :)

Armamantha's Weighty Story

All-Time High Weight: 246 (approximately)
All-Time Low Weight: 104
Best Weight in Recent Years: 142
Current Weight: 168
Ultimate Goal Weight: 135

168/168/135

Amarantha2
07-16-2002, 03:50 AM
EA (Empress Amarantha) is excited waiting for everyone's report from yesterday (report, report, report?) and since she's still working at almost 1 a.m. and starts her eating day at midnight, it is morning and she's posting her ONE DAY CHALLENGE for Tuesday. She had a few extra calories after posting her report last night, but the beauty of that is calories were NOT part of her challenge yesterday, so they don't count, WOO-HOO! QA is a success. She made it around that tiny block of time called A DAY

Tuesday's Challenge for Me: ONE, eat approximately 1800 calories plus or minus (e.g., no more than 1899 but as far less as I want); TWO, pretend I am having an operation on Wednesday and can't eat anything from 9 p.m. to midnight (or beyond to morning if I can make it).

168/168/135

Kaylets
07-16-2002, 06:30 AM
Hello all!!

My challenge for today is to get down off the ledge that Monday made me crawl out onto. Part of it might be blamed on too much sinus medication but even still, not enjoyable.
Don't think I even got half of my oxygen requirement, nevermind all my water. At one point last night, I was standing at the sink chugging water before I went to bed. Then I realized, I might not want to to do that either!

Q Katrinabegood, were you traveling north or south to Philly??
I'm less than 30 min south from the airport. Little humid this morning??

Q Aramantha-- I can relate to the store challenge- there are certain aisles I don't go down- One store has the sugrfree pudding at the top of the cookie aisle- I just dart and grab!!

Have a good one all!

Arabella
07-16-2002, 07:48 AM
Good Morning All!

Yesterday:

Keep intake under 35 points. -- wasn't careful enough about portions, any count would be an estimate at best.

Walk 3 miles, do 2 sets of Tai Chi (walked but no tai chi)

Drink >3L water. -- Glub. slosh. Yup.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies. Yup

I'll put in what I ate, just for your viewing pleasure :rolleyes:

Food Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk 7
1 c soy milk 2
oatmeal (yup, as a snack) 3
Salad with lentils and feta 8
Lemon garlic chicken 5
Hoummous 8
Tabouli 4
whole wheat pita 2
Points = 39, at a guess.

Ah, well. Yesterday didn't go quite as planned. Did the walking, drank the water, but fell by the wayside slightly. Nothing wild, just picking at things while I cooked (let me say here and now that any challenge I post includes 1. not eating anywhere but at the table when I'm alone and 2. not eating when I'm not hungry) and was over point limit. Also didn't do tai chi. But - yes! - today is another day!

This evening I'm having dinner with friends, so I shall have to be careful.

Empress Amarantha, congrats on passing the convenience stores (not to mention your royal promotion!) and getting in a succesful day yesterday!

Today:

Walk 3 miles, do 2 circuits, and go to Tai Chi (already walked and did circuits)

Drink >3L water.

Speaking of too much work :( ... I've really got to limit my posting. Have a wonderful day, Everyone!
xo :wave:
babette

MomTo2Boys
07-16-2002, 08:55 AM
Well, day one went ok, but I could have done better at bedtime!!!

I managed to go get groceries and I am going to attempt doing slim fast shakes, smoothies, and eating a small dinner.....so...I got all the stuff I needed and did really well all day moving around, drinking my water, and not snacking....but then bedtime TV came and I went downstairs for some water and realized that there was only a bowlful of potato salad left and why not finish it off......well I did...and I felt guilty at one point and realized I really hadnt eatten much all day long......but at bedtime wasnt the best time to get some food in!!!

Challenge today.....
MORE WATER
MORE WALKING
NO OVER SNACKING

Will let you all know later tonight or early morning how I did on day 2

Amarantha....good for you on passing that conveince store.....at least you didnt over indulge on your dulce de leche by passing it by!!!! Sorry to hear you got stood up!!!!

Take care all...LisaL

MomTo2Boys
07-16-2002, 08:18 PM
Well, I can hardly believe it....I managed to remain faithful to myself and I got things done today.....

I ate good healthy foods and did NOT over indulge......BIG BONUS

I got housework done( bathed 2 boys, 2 loads of laundry..so far..., vacuumed all floors, mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors, and picked up after my oldest son and his 2 friends all afternoon)

Went for a half hour walk with the little one....couldnt go any further.....darn water I drank today was needing the release valve opened......ha ha

Water....hmmm....I think I have truly lost count......but I am pretty sure I have had about 40oz at least....and I am not done yet......

So, I will keep plugging away for day 3 to be a success as well!!!

Amarantha2
07-17-2002, 03:47 AM
Royal Yo! Congratulations to all who hath reported One Day Challenges. MY REPORT IS ALSO SUCCESSFUL. Ended eating well befor 8 p.m. at 1870 calories.

HRH Queen Arabella: Thank you for posting your menu. I really love to see what people are eating. Here is mine from yesterday:

2 lowfat, low cal BBQ sandwiches (weird breakfast, but there it is)
1 slimfast
2 slimfast in cooler for trip
Miniature ice cream cone*
2 slimfast
Lowfat chicken breast (the precooked, prepackaged portion from grocery)
Miniature ice cream cone (full-fat, dipped in chocolate, 8 to a package)*
Unlimited vegetables
Cranberry Mist Slushie (frozen cranberries and two strawberries whirred in blender with lots of ice and a bit of water, plus a touch of sugar)
Supplements: Glucosome chrondoitin w/Cox2 inhibitor, acidolphidis (sp?), flaxseed oil capsule

"Day by day in every way I'm getting better and better! ~ Emile Coue

Kaylets
07-17-2002, 06:34 AM
Hello all!!

Met yesterdays challenge and saw vast improvements all day especially in how my workflow was managed and felt so more like myself too.

Today's challenge is to start early with the water to start things rolling in the right direction.

Banged up my ankle, both elbows and one knee so will only do stairs at a lighter pace--

Yesterday, 2 Prias
3 small apples
2 veggie burgers
2 light breads
4 oz tofu
lots of stirfy veg
1 cup lo yogurt
1 cup blueberry
1 banana
4 sugarfree popsicles
5 mini tootsie rolls

deleted2
07-17-2002, 07:13 AM
Good Morning! My challenge for today is to to drink oceans of water and to have at least 9 servings of fruits/ vegetables and write it all down--no matter what! Exercise-wise my plan is to just see what I can do post-surgery. [I have the doc's OK.] I'm thinking some yoga, crunches, dumbells, some leg stuff and possibly the stationary bike. Nothing heroic though--yet!

I'll report in tonight with the royal menu! ;)

MomTo2Boys
07-17-2002, 09:18 AM
On Day 3 today...but here is yesterdays journal:

1 slimfast ultra shake
1apple
1apple/banana smoothie
1c nonfat yogurt with 1/3 c granola
1mixed berry smoothie
2 cuke sandwiches
2c 94%ff popcorn
2 fruit roll-ups
7 ff crackers w/ 1tbsp reduced fat p.butter
50+ oz.s of water

My goals for today.....

are pretty much the same as yesterday but to try to boost more water and more of a walk....just gotta remember to quit drinking the water a while before I go for the walk...ha ha

Have a great day all......LisaL

Amarantha2
07-17-2002, 10:48 AM
Yo! Greetings to all and thanks for the menu ideas. Eydie, hope all goes well with your news from doc. Hang in! :)

BE IT KNOWN: The Empress Amarantha has vowed to banish the evil arch-criminal known only as Blob from the Empire of Walking Poles by the end of the day. Blob's MO is to don many disguises (such as fatigue, depression, stress and poor attitude) and sneak up on innocent citizens, robbing them of their muscle mass, cardiovascular fitness levels and good eating habits. Blob, who is rumored to have Ninja-like psychic powers and superhuman strength, is such a subtle thief, victims often don't notice they've been robbed as Blob always leaves behind a deposit of a gelatin-like substance within the fat cells of Blob's victims.

In order to defeat Blob and send him over the border to the next Empire, Amarantha has devised the following fiendish plan for today:

1. Walk a total of 120 minutes (she's already done 80).

2. Eat no more than 1850 calories.

3. Declare a food-free zone from 9 p.m. to midnight.

168/168/135

Amarantha's Motto For Today: BLOB IS OUTTA HERE!

Punkinseed
07-17-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm with ya!! One day at a time... love it!

My one day goal is simple. Today, Wednesday July 17th, I will drink water.
So much water that I finally feel "cleansed". I've been bogged down, sleepy, dehydrated and headachey for 3 days and I know it's lack of H2O.

Goal is set and I will Do It Exceptionally Today!

Terri :strong:

Punkinseed
07-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Aaahhhh.... I have worn a path to the little girls room... :lol:

I am beginning my 7th 8oz glass of water. My cup holds 24oz so when I finish this I'll be at 72oz of water for the day. That's before I even go home!!! I usually drink almost 2 mugs at home out of my 32oz mug - an additional 64oz.

I also just had some watermellon... with all this water in my system a diuretic may not be such a hot idea!

I will call this one day challenge a rousing success!!! :cool:

Terri

deleted2
07-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Well, I wouldn't call today a complete success, but I've had worse. Today I did a 1/2 hour on the exercycle, 100 crunches, 15 min. of dumbell exercises and a few yoga stretches--not bad! It felt really good to get back to moving again.

Here's my food for the day:

Coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
1 orange--1 c. blueberries and strawberries

Cinnamon roll---3 squares chocolate
[Beware of friends bearing gifts! So it goes....]

1 orange
2 rye toast w/ soy crumbles, tomato sauce

squash-rice casseole
brocolli cornbread [yes, you read that right!]
steamed brocolli and red peppers

So that's 7 servings of fruit/veg---I'm getting there! And by the time I go to bed I'll have a total of 11 glasses of water down. Very good! The bad news is I'll be up all night.:o

So it was a noble effort, and I'm looking forward to fine tuning tomorrow!:)
Good night, sweet ones!

Amarantha2
07-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Blob is on the run, with Amarantha hot on his heels. She's stopping to make a quick evening report at the checkpoint because she may fall asleep early from all this chasing after the archcriminal Blob! Amarantha has implemented one-third of her plan for defeating Blob, with every confidence that the rest will follow and Blob will be outta town by midnight!

Challenges for the day:

1. Walk a total of 120 minutes ... DONE

2. Eat no more than 1850 calories ... WORKING ON IT

3. Declare a food-free zone from 9 p.m. to midnight ... STILL TO COME

I like the water challenge idea. Last night I challenged myself to sip 32 ounces of cold water on ice with Spenda and lime juice during The Mole (my only TV weakness) just before going into my food free zone. I'll do that again tonight, though it's a subgoal and not a part of my challenge for today. This three-hour food-free zone during my most dangerous hours is useful. It won't work when I start covering night meetings in August, though, as I often need to eat during those hours. Might change the hours.

Empirical Menu (Not the best, but here it is):

Mini ice cream cones (two)

Slimfast cans (three, French vanilla over ice, spread out over several hours)

Lowfat BBQ on lowfat bun (215 calories)

Slimfast cans (two, banana creme over ice)

Weight Watcher's Cookie Dough Sundae (haven't eaten this yet, am having the limeade first, then the dessert, then the calorie free zone)

Supplements: Glucosomine, flaxseed oil capsule

168/168/135

BLOB IS HISTORY!

"... it was a noble effort!" ~ Queen Eydie, Goddess-In-Training

"I will call this one day challenge a rousing success!!! ~ Queen Punkinseed, Queen of Friday

Kaylets
07-18-2002, 06:33 AM
Before I forget AGAIN!!

So nice to see you back Q Aramantha-- Its just not the same when you're not around!!

Yesterday--

2 veggie burger
2 lite breads
4 small apples
1 cup van lofat yogurt
1 cup blueberries

2 pria bars
4 "star" peppermints

6 oz scallops
lots of stirfry veg

1 cup sf choc pudding
2 tbls coolwhip

4 sugarfree popsicles

I think almost 100 oz water-- I keep a 260z bottle on my desk, I know I filled it at least 4 x and then I lost track of how many glasses at home

deleted2
07-18-2002, 08:03 AM
My challenge for the day is to continue drinking lots of water, getting lots of fruits and vegetables, and being more vigilant about limiting sugar. [I have nothing against sugar, it's just that I can eat so much of it when I get started!] Maybe do a bit more exercise than yesterday too. I might be ready for some gentle walking on the treadmill---not too bad for someone who had ankle surgery this past Monday! Back on the horse, baby!

Amarantha2
07-18-2002, 08:16 AM
Having driven the archthief Blob outta the Empire temporarily, Amarantha has issued a royal proclamation:

Be it known that this day of Thursday is a holiday and day of reflection in Amarantha's Empire. To celebrate the departure of the Evil Blob, Amarantha will challenge herself to re-evaluate her program yet again and to continue the implementation of the 9 p.m. to midnight food free zone.

Ibid. Quid pro quo! Kaylet, thanks for kind words!!! :)

168/168/135

MomTo2Boys
07-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Well yesterday was not very productive....so I start fresh again today...I HOPE......
I was feeling quite "poopy" yesterday and had the worst migraine all day and night.....and felt nothing like cooking....so I ate a whole lot of things I shouldnt have eatten!!!

I am also doing a lot of reading lately on all sorts of "diet" programs....seems like the ones I have been chosing are too restrictive for me and to start right off being totally restricted I think I set myself up for a fall......so....I need to find one that works for me even if it involves more than one program.....

So my challenge today is to find a program that will work for me and not allow me to give up only after a couple of days......I will continue to drink all my water and get some walking done.....

Good luck to you all on a successful day today!!!

jelynn
07-18-2002, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone!
My challenge for today is to exercise! It can be one of my videos, a trip to the gym or a walk...In the past Thursday has been a problem for me. I do great M-W and then let it all go on Thursday, starting with no workout out, then the eating goes, then the rest of the week... and I undo all I did early! NO MORE!

Mom- I can so relate to what you are saying about being too restrictive that it sets you up to fail. FWIW, it's been great for me on the 21 day challenge just to set some "rules" for myself. It could be as restrictive or as lenient as you wanted-- you set the rules so that you are successful!! I think you are doing great with the walking and more water...just apply a couple more "rules" regarding the types of foods you can or can't eat! (that's my next step!) Good luck!

Punkinseed
07-18-2002, 01:19 PM
One more challenge to add today!

I will follow Jelynn and add some exercise. something, anything... I haven't moved in a few weeks. Combination of too tired, too anxious, too many visitors and too darn much to do.

Today I will take time for me. Even if it's just 20 minutes. I will also continue to chug my water.

Eydie - You're doing quite impressive for someone who's had ankle surgery! I hope I recover as quickly from my future, may have it, not sure if I need it yet, tummy tuck! :p

Mom - I hope your head's feeling better. I'm sending you virtual Zomig with an Imitrex chaser...

Queen Amarantha, thank you for designating Friday my royal day!

Till later...

Queen Terri, ruler of the Duchy of Friday

wsw
07-18-2002, 08:16 PM
hi everyone!

i hope you don't mind if i jump in here to say hello. i love your posts! they make me smile and remember to take things in more manageable chuncks of time and weight loss. i have a lot of weight to lose and am a slow loser, which often frustrates me (as it is today), but reading your clever posts reminds me that my "journey" does not have to be such a drudge. i have gotten some great ideas from all of you, and wanted to say thanks! my challenge for today has been to not overeat and stick to my allotted ww points (which i have done, albeit grudgingly.) well, thanks for listening! take care, all. all the best.

wsw

Amarantha2
07-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Yo! Empress Amarantha reporting all clear for the night, sort of. (BTW, before I forget again also, thanks to HRH Arabella, the Wood Nymph for her recognition of Amarantha's empirical promotion. It's a tough job to run an empire, but someone has to with criminals like Blob running around loose everywhere you look.)

Anyhow, reporting early again that Aramantha met her challenge of rethinking her plan of attack against the Evil Blob, should Blob sneak back over the border again. BTW, Amarantha realized earlier today that someone on the Blockette thread mentioned a blob or Blob, so Blob should not be thought to be an original thought of Amarantha's (she doesn't have very many of those). The "9 p.m. to Midnight Food Free Zone" challenge is coming up.

WELCOME, WSW! Jump in anytime (every day, actually). I am a slow loser, too, but that's to the good, as the slower it comes off, the slower it comes back. It's all a game, so no drudgery allowed! :) :)

My menu for today added up to 2555 calories consisting of:

8 slimfast cans (yikes) spread over day

Lowfat BBQ sandwich/lowfat bun

Chicken breast (Old Dog ate the second one I planned)

1/2 cup stuffing

Had vege planned but just didn't eat it

WW Cookie Dough Sundae

Tonight: Cold limeade (water, lime juice, Splenda)

Flaxseed oil capsule

Glocosomine capsules

Exercise was 35 minutes of circuit training, medium weights

168/168/135

upandaway
07-19-2002, 08:44 AM
Good morning all Queens and royalty. Glad to see everyone is challenging themselves and winning so successfully.

I need to challenge myself to stay on target. I've been as nearly perfectly on program as I'm capable of being for almost 5 weeks and I can feel my resolve beginning to slip. That nasty, hateful little voice telling me it's okay to eat that, or okay to skip one more round on the bike, because I'm doing okay now. Oh it's crafty that little voice, and seductive, because it appeals to my love of sweets and basic laziness.

DD baked a cake yesterday, it sits there on the counter smiling at me, whispers my name and sings to me. I answered the call yesterday with nips and tastes, dangerous, sooo dangerous. I'm like an alcoholic when it comes to sugar, one taste and I'm doomed to gorge until I can't move. So my challenge today is to be deaf to the call of the cake, NO NIPS, NO TASTES NO WAY NO HOW.

Good luck to us all!
upandaway

Amarantha2
07-19-2002, 08:45 AM
That Empress Amarantha has opened The Imperial Day Spa in her summer seashore palace ... a fab place of pavillions, gleaming white stucco, classic columns and Grecian statutes. All citizens of Amarantha's Empire (she's the only one, although citizens of neighboring empires may visit) are challenged to spendeth the day there eating fab low calorie spa food and taking long, healing walks on the gleaming white sandy beach staring at the azure blue ocean. Amarantha's program for this day includes ingesting NO MORE than 1800 calories and walking any distance and any length of time with her poles and avoiding food during the witching hours of 9 p.m. to midnight.

168/168/135

:smug:

Punkinseed
07-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Greetings all and Happy Friday!

Thank you your Empressness for opening the royal spa... I would like my bath temperature at 98 degrees with bath salts smelling of gardenia. Also, please have the adorable man-servant light my new sweet nothings scented candle and lay out my towels...

I will be adopting one of Amarantha's challanges with a slight change to it.
My problem lately has been eating before work. Sounds strange I know, but I've been eating breakfast at work for over 2 1/2 years (I start at 6:30am so I eat around 7'ish). I've been straying off program before I even head for work.... My challange is now to go back to basics - breakfast will be served at 7am and no Pop-Tart, sourdough toast crumb or other unmentionable nibble shall pass my lips until then.

Emp. Amarantha... yes, I'm sure it is hard work running the empire, but I know you're up to the task.

wsw - jump in any 'ol time!

Upandaway - Ya know... I saw a bug on that cake... and I saw it burrow inside of it and lay eggs. Still want to eat it?? Hey! I'm tryin' to help!! :lol:

Have an awsome weekend everyone!

Terri

MomTo2Boys
07-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Welcome WSW.....glad to see you posting with us...come daily if you like....most of us try to at least post something small!!!

Well I $%#@!# up big time yesterday.....I managed to eat whatever I wanted......hmmm....I had 2 peices of pizza.....2 cokes....half an ice cream cone( Kail couldnt finish it and I did )....and then I had a bowl of ice cream while laying in bed.....how bad is that.......LOL....oh well.....we cant all be winners everyday can we......?!?!?!?!....I managed to screw up already today.....and realize...no big deal.....when I decide what program I am going to follow.....I will then jump in with both feet as long as my head doesnt go under.......
I am making my challenge for today.....try not to overeat.....no matter what it is.....keep moving....which I have been.....trying to get the house all ready for the INLAWS arrival tomorrow.....and .... my major goal today....is to try to make my final decision on whether to try the low-carb menus....cause it seems like I have failed myself too many times with the WW's program......
I think this weekend....I will have Brent set up the treadmill and bike in the basement...and put a little radio down there....and the kids can play while I walk on the treadmill from here on out...its been so darn humid out you cant stand to walk outside....you come in all sticky and yucky feeling!!!
So, there you have it......good luck to you all....and have a great weekend.....LisaL

wsw
07-19-2002, 07:22 PM
thanks so much for making me feel welcome! i appreciate it. i send greetings to all in the royal court.

my challenge is: to not use being tired as an excuse to eat any more for the rest of the evening. i stayed op today, and want to be able to conlude my evening with that same royal proclamation.

i hope you all have a very pleasant weekend. take care!

wsw

Kaylets
07-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Hello all!!

Where are those towels anyway?? This place is really nice. Glad to see there's a live band tuning up- Its so steamy here in the steam room, I cant make out their faces though....

Oh my --

Discovered as I was packing breakfast and lunches that I had forgotten to get more veggie burgers. Gave my husband the tuna as he has his own office -- and stopped at Walmart and bought 6 Pria bars and that's what I had. I knew I couldnt go out at lunch because the heat index was over 100 so--

I was ready for some other kind of food by time supper came for sure!! Planning --gets me in trouble every time--

But, still on track - I am marking on my desk calendar everytime I fill my bottle and so far, so good. Saw a decrease on the scale this morning, will see if it is a true drop soon.

so here it is for today

6 Prias
3 small apples

8 oz scallops
lots of stirfry veg
1 sf popsicle
1/2 cup strawberries with 2 big tbsp of ff coolwhip

And did I mention I got into a pair of slacks that almost got thrown away because they were too small !! Cant tuck the shirt in yet, but definitely, FITTING!!!!

Amarantha2
07-20-2002, 04:45 AM
Be it known: that Empress Amarantha is enjoying her stay at the Royal Spa on the azure ocean and notes her guests from neighboring Queendoms seem to be relaxing well and finding success in their personal journeys as well as enjoying the sight of the spa towel guy! :)

This is a double purpose post to report today and post a challenge for Amarantha tomorrow. Amarantha did not meet her calorie challenge goal of 1800 today, but she was off by only 40 calories (1840); walking was accomplished; the 9 p.m.-midnight food free zone was observed.

Amarantha's One Day Challenge for Saturday (issued from the gleaming white beach looking at the azure sea as the gentle breezes caress Amaranth's sleek physique in its blue bathing suit and the towel boy hovers nearby): EAT NO MORE THAN 1800 CALORIES; WALK ANY DISTANCE; CONTINUE TO OBSERVE THE 9 a.m.-midnight food free zone.

Menu was nothing special. Amarantha is too tired to post it, but will continue to post her menus.

AFFIRMATION: TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF AMARANTHA'S LIFE!!! WOO-HOO!

168/168/135

upandaway
07-20-2002, 07:52 PM
I am pleased to say that I conquered the lure of the dreaded cake, (that bug really helped, thanks Punkin!). Now I'm facing the same challenge for the next couple of days. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and you guessed it, cake is in the house! Well I fell stronger knowing I can resist it.

I love the view from here, the ocean, the white capped waves. I think I'll stretch out here in the sun and doze. Wake me if the towel boy happens by, will you?
upandaway

Amarantha2
07-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Hmmm. The spa's so relaxing and the view so lovely that Amarantha let down her guard and didn't see that the handsome waiter bringing her afternoon all-fruit smoothie was really the archcriminal Evil Blob, who had sneaked back into the Empire with a suitcase full of frozen PB cups. Needless to say, Amarantha's dream of 1800 calories for the day vanished in a blaze of peanut butter glory. Too late, she realized that the waiter was Blob and that he'd snuck away again before she could grab him and destroy the remaining PB cups he carried.

Never fearing, Amarantha realized that this is the ONE-DAY CHALLENGE and she'd only blown one-half of one day and that tomorrow was brand new with no mistakes in it yet. As for Blob, he's beyond redemption. Amarantha wishes him joy of the remaining PB cups as she sets her sights on the rest of the day's challenge coming up: Crossing the No Food Frontier (9 p.m. to midnight).

Upandaway, the towel boy is occupied! Popular lad.

Amarantha2
07-21-2002, 11:31 AM
BE IT KNOWN that the ceremony of The Imperial Weigh took place this Sunday at the Imperial Spa in Vacation Challenge Land, South Empire. In this ancient and fun ceremony, the current empress joyfully gathers her court, family, friends, citizens and guests and steps onto THE GOLDEN SCALES, which legend has it measure not only the actual poundage of whoever stands upon them, but also the INTENT of the weigher to DEDICATE TO A HEALTHY LIFE AND GOOD HEALTH HABITS IN THE STRUGGLE AGAINST OBESITY! Amarantha's struggles in that area in the previous seven days have not gone unnoticed by THE GOLDEN SCALES. She has lost a half pound. Though she hoped for three, a half pound is a half pound and Amarantha is declaring a holiday. She will post no challenge for herself today except to dream about the great adventures she faces ahead!

Peace and fun to all spa guests! Post a challenge and come back to report if you so desire.

168/167.5/135

:joker:

Arabella
07-22-2002, 06:31 AM
Good Morning, Majesties of the Queendom :wave: Long may you rule!

Hmmm. Been WAY off plan for about 5 days, and ready to take this thing seriously again.

So. I will make a real attempt to adhere to my guidelines for today. AND report back to say how I did.

Today:

Do 30 minutes high intensity and 30 minutes yoga, one set of tai chi

Drink >3L water.

Have a wonderful day, Your Majesties!
xo
babette :wave:

Amarantha2
07-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Be it known: That today is a traditional holiday in the Empire of Walking Poles. It is called Fiber Funday and it is dedicated to, well, fiber. The traditional way to celebrate is for every citizen to evaluate their intake of this substance, which regulateth blood sugar and does other good stuff.

Therefore, be it known:That Empress Amarantha, who still resides at the Imperial Spa, South Empire (she doesn't want to leave), is challenging herself for the day to:

One, count each gram of fiber she eats today and write it in her journal.

Additional challenges for today, include:

one, a Coloric Moratorium at 1899; two, the Empress pledges to pass right by all convenience stores when she tours two mountain villages today in the course of her duties (she will enter a convenience store only in case of emergency, but will NOT buy food); and, cognizant that the 9 p.m. to midnight NO FOOD ZONE is still in effect for the good of the empire, Amarantha pledges to continue to observe it this day! She will report back on how she did later. She runneth late as usual.

168/167.5/135

Punkinseed
07-22-2002, 01:44 PM
Greetings fellow Royals! :wave:

This morning my challange became a reality... I ate no "pre-breakfast" foods. I had my previously arrainged breakfast at my pre-appointed time. No shnackin' before hand. Yahoooo!

Empress Amarantha - Congratulations on that 1/2 pound. You enjoy the spa as long as you need to - you deserve it. I will be visiting again soon... perhaps we shall have tea together on Friday??

Upandaway - Glad the buggy worked. I used to do that when I had a HUGE problem with trail mix (the kind in the big bins at the store). I visualized people's dirty hands in there, or that (since they're so open) a bug had crawled in and was living at the bottom of the container. I haven't had trail mix in over 5 years - no joke.

Babette - I'm recommitting today too. I looked at my overall weight loss and noticed that I went from loosing 5 pounds in 3-5 weeks to it taking 10-12 weeks to loose another 5. I'm gettin' sloppy, big time.

Kaylets - Way to go on the pants!!! :dizzy: How exciting to fit into something that you must've thought was hopeless. You were gonna throw them away but now they fit!!

WSW - Great challenge! Good luck... I believe your crown is being fitted (since you're new and all). ;)

That is all for now, I shall go over and post at the other royal thread...

Terri

Arabella
07-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Yay! Reporting in on a good day! I did it all: Under 35 points and burned off 6. Tomorrow I get to do Day 2! Of course, it will still be day 1 here...:dizzy:

Food / Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk / 7
1 c soy milk / 2
minestrone soup / 4
2 p. spelt bread w. hoummous / 5
ryvita w hoummous / 2
lamb vindaloo / 5
baked eggplant / 2
green chutney, lime pickle, chutney/ 3
spinach / 1
brown rice /2

30 mins step, 30 mins yoga, 1 set tai chi
>3L water
8 fruits/veggies

Emperess Amarantha, congrats on your half-pound loss! Run, Blob, run! (but not in this direction!)

Upandaway, hope you don't mind that i borrowed your bug for the leftover birthday cake on my counter. Ugly one though, isn't it :eek: Maybe I can find time to drop it off to my son tomorrow (the cake, i mean -- he doesn't need the bug). Along with the half-gallon of ice cream!

Punkin, congrats on breaking through the stress barrier. Someone on another thread was talking about using visualizations -- I think your negative ones might work as well as the positive ones. Ewww.. bugs and dirty hands! Yuck!

Kaylets, that's fantastic about your pants! I dream of tucking shirts in as well! I've got a gift check from my MIL that I'm spending on clothes. They sure make a difference in how we feel, huh.

Have a lovely evening all!

xo
babette

Amarantha2
07-23-2002, 12:42 AM
Royal yo to all in the imperial vicinity. Everyone is doing beautifully today, but Amarantha is having some problems sticking to her challenge. However, she did accomplish the passing by of the covenience stores while traveling and eating only what was in her royal cooler, and she did accomplish counting fiber grams (47), but she could not honor the calorie moratorium (had 2335) and slipped some slimfast 20 minutes into the No Food Zone. She plans to honor the rest of the No Food Zone and will proclaim the results tomorrow.

Three more hours of work to do, so ...

Arabella
07-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Good Morning, Majesties of the Queendom :wave: Long may you rule!

Ahhhh! Made it through a day. YAY!

Today's challenge is much like yesterday's:

Today:

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, tai chi class

Drink >3L water.

Have a wonderful day, Your Majesties!
xo

upandaway
07-23-2002, 10:35 AM
All hail the Royal Court! Good morning, Highnesses!

My challenge today is not food related, but to accomplish some much needed tasks on the home front.

#1 Clean out bedroom closet.

#2 Re-organize the kitchen cabinets. When we moved here 7 years ago my kids were babies and I made the kitchen kid accessible. They're not babies anymore and can reach what I can reach and can be trusted to use a glass for drinking, as opposed to plastic, so I can get rid of the baby sippy cups and plastic cartoon character dishes. I don't know if it makes me happy or sad to arrange my home for 4 adults, instead of 2 and 2 little ones. :?:

#3 Beg, plead, badger, cajole, bribe and/or threaten DS to shovel out his bedroom. I'm honestly afraid to go in there.

I sincerely fear these goals are too ambitious, the closet alone may be a 2 or 3 day chore, but I'll give it a go. The reward of coming back to the spa this evening (and locating that cute towel boy) will keep me going.

Have a lovely one,
upandaway

Punkinseed
07-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Good morning Queens, Empress and Goddess' du'jour :wave:

It is Tuesday, I want it to be Friday. Does anyone have a wand I could wave? Mine's at home....

Empress Amarantha - You've achieved more challenges than you did not. So the calorie moratoriam was breached... passing by the convenience food store is (imo) a huge victory. Tomarrow is yet another wonderful day...

Queen Babette - Congratulations in your 1 day victory! Here's to a whole bunch more of them all lined up! Now, as for passing the bug around... I'm sure Filbert won't mind. It's his job to be as disgusting and repulsive as possible. I think visualizations of *any* sort work. Such is the stuff of magick.... :angel:

Queen Upandaway - Ya know, that amount of cleaning and redoing IS considered exercise. I bet if you hollared at DS about his room enough you could consider it ab work too. ;)

Today was a 2nd day of success in the "no pre-breakfast munchies" challenge. If I can do this for a couple week I just may have to come up with something else!

Bowing and scraping...

Terri

Amarantha2
07-23-2002, 02:08 PM
Since Empress Amarantha worked until 3 a.m. to earn enough money to keep the empire solvent, she slept and readeth a novel until now. However, not to fear, as the butler (Maitland) brought her snacks during this period, so that her calorie level for the first part of the day would not dip too low to sustain life. She's at 1300 right now and HER ONLY CHALLENGE TODAY IS A CALORIC MORATORIUM OF 1899. Can she do it? She thinks so, as the cook (Randall) is a deft hand with spa cuisine and promises a wonderful dinner to enjoy before entering the NO FOOD ZONE, which is not a part of today's challenge but only a faint hope. Exercise is a given, so not worth mentioning. Weights are needed to reduce Amarantha's immense stress and luckily the really fit spa weight room attendant (Elbert the Pirate) is waiting to help Amarantha strengthen and tone her imperial muscles.

Amarantha is so immensely cheered by reading the posts of all CHALLENGERS on this thread and apologizes for not doing personal replies, but by the time she types all this stuff, she's outta time, so she'll just say good-night, Gracie! :wave:

168/167.5/135

:joker:

upandaway
07-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Excuse me, but which way to the massuese? These poor old muscles are tired and sore. My throat hurts from 'bargaining' with the boy about the hovel and I need a tall, cool drink. :)

Arabella
07-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Got through another day, that is! :cool:

Food /Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk/ 7
1 c soy milk / 2
1/2 c 2% milk / 1
tuna on ww pita / 7
zucchini spears / 0
pesto on kamut rotini /8
Greek salad /5
glass of white wine /2
Total = 32

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, 1 hour tai chi class
>3L water
8 fruits/veggies

Burned 7 points!

The day is not yet over, but I'm claiming victory now. I'm off to tai chi class in a few minutes, and they don't serve snacks! Then I may try to spend some of my birthday money. I don't expect to change anything here this evening. Have fun at the spa, Girlfriends!

xo
babette

Cindelier
07-23-2002, 05:20 PM
I think I love this idea of a one day challenge! Queen Amarantha is a genius! Today, I packed 4 boxes for our upcoming move, drank 9 glasses of water (goal is 12) and stayed OP. Thank you Amarantha, your loyal subjects need some immediate accomplishments!!!

:D

TheLYD
07-23-2002, 05:36 PM
Good Afternoon...I'm trying my best! One day at a time!

Arabella
07-24-2002, 07:41 AM
Good Morning, Your Royal Highnesses! :wave:

I RAN!!! I was going to walk through the woods at the park, stopping to do a set of tai chi on the path facing the harbour. As I walked into the woods (where I used to run years ago) I thought: "I think I can run" And I did! :cb: :cp: I just took it easy and kept to the soft path inst. of pavement or boardwalk and it went fine!

Today's challenge is much like yesterday's:

Today:

3 mile run, 1 mile walk (approx), set of tai chi - DONE! :cb:

Drink >3L water.

Have a wonderful day, Your Majesties! (Don't you think we should have a tiara'd smiley?) I'm off to the spa...
xo

upandaway
07-24-2002, 08:37 AM
Be it known to all residents and lurkers of Queen Amarantha's Kingdom of peace and tranquility that Queen Upandaway achieved her Challenge of yesterday. :)

The closet is the cleanest, most orderly closet this royal court member has ever seen it. I sorted, I stacked, stored and stashed. I even (gasp!) threw stuff out!! :eek: On a sadder note, DH didn't even notice. Why did I ever think he would?

The kitchen cabinets now resemble the home of adults and I have to admit I don't miss the Flintstones dishes and Scooby Doo jelly jar glasses one bit. Neither do the two half-grown strangers living here who claim to be my children. (I have my doubts)

Best of all, royalty, DS actually did a pretty decent job on the cave all by himself. Three trash bags full of I don't know what, don't want to know, please don't tell me; one box of 'get rid of these' old toys and two storage boxes for stuff he can't yet part with and one entire load of laundry that came from who knows where-- and viola! I can enter his sacred domain without fear for my health. And wonder of wonders I didn't have to beat him into submission, just some gentle (ok, maybe none to gentle) nagging did the trick. :D

Today my challenges include:

#1 Shop for groceries and actually USE the list and coupons

#2 Take DD shopping for school clothes and not go over budget!
(This one will make the great closet/bedroom adventures look like a walk in the park, folks!)

Have a great day all!

upandaway

Arabella
07-24-2002, 09:24 AM
Congrats, congrats :cp: on meeting your challenge. I find that everything is so connected -- getting me in shape, getting my house in shape, getting my life in shape. Oh, it's a long road and I've barely started, but if I keep going i'll get there! Yay for you getting that stuff done! :cb:

Amarantha2
07-24-2002, 10:52 AM
BE IT KNOWN: The important point is below. Amarantha couldn't get on last night because of storms but SHE MADETH HER CALORIC CHALLENGE, ending at 1720, AND easily trekked across the NO FOOD ZONE from 9 p.m. to midnight (and beyond). Woo-hoo for the Empress Amarantha!

Amarantha's Daily Challenge for Wednesday Beith: A Caloric Moratorium of 1799! That's it! SHE'S GONNA DO IT!

Welcome to LYD!! I can't see your post from where I am, so know I've abbreviated the name, but hello ... and the best is the best anyone can hope for ONE DAY AT A TIME! Congratulations on wherever that journey takes you today! Come back and tell us how it went! :)

BE IT KNOWN (HERE'S THE POINT): That Empress Amarantha couldn't concur more in the concepts presented by Queen Upandaway and HRH, Arabella the Wood Nymph that all goals accomplished in living what some 12-step programs refer to (not proselytzing a religion, so hope this doesn't offend, just trying to explain what I'm thinking about) as moving in a GOOD, ORDERLY DIRECTION ... a way that some 12-step participants have explained their concept of a higer power that resonates to them. So, their RHs Upandaway and Babette/Arabella have underscored what I think also ... that fitness and for me, the struggle against obesity, is linked to total lifestyle and can't be isolated. So in that spirit, I've gone back to my practice of writing a to-do list in the morning in which I include all the things I wish to accomplish during the day, including fitness and even the fun stuff. Part of that was to post on 3FC, so I've done that. The rest is NOT my challenge, just a list of stuff to get done.

WOO-HOO TO ALL ROYAL SPA GOERS WHO MADETH THEIR CHALLENGES AND/OR GAVE IT A GOOD TRY! A HUGE WOO-HOO TO THE RUNNER IN HRH ARABELLA THE WOOD NYMPH!!! SHE INSPIRETH THE LATENT RUNNER IN ME TO HOPE FOR THE FUTURE!

Amarantha apologizes for the length of this proclamation, but would like to send along a note to all kingdoms about the GOOD NEWS story in the news today of seven-year old Erica Pratt's daring escape from kidnappers. In a world of negativity, stress and pain, Erica's spirit affirms my belief in the resliency of the human spirit ... and she's only seven! Think what all the grown-ups could accomplish if they believed in themselves as much as Erica must have to do what she did.

168/167.5/135

Punkinseed
07-24-2002, 11:02 AM
Hello your Highnesses!

Blew my challenge at 5:20am this morning. Good news is that this is my last loaf of sourdough and I can only buy it in CA. Since I'm probably postponing my vacation I'll be without it a few months. A good thing, I think!

For the remainder of the day - stay with my pre-planned menu despite my slip. I will not starve myself to "make up" for the slip. I have gotten up, brushed off and am continuing on my journey.
I guess if you trip on a rock while you're walking you don't turn around and go back right?? :nono:

Babette - You RULE!!! :cp: I've always thought, while I'm hot-footin' it on my walks "god it would feel good to break out and run like I used to". But, I don't. 230+ pounds and the boobs that come with it are dangerous when running. I will run again though! Like I used to, run until you can feel that good ache in your sides!

Upandaway - No, men don't notice things like that. They'll notice things that change THEIR pleasure and comfort. Having wonderfully spiffy cabinets and closets don't affect them a bit. You just enjoy the heck outta' them though!!!

Off to enjoy hump Wednesday... come on weekend!!!!

Amarantha2
07-24-2002, 07:05 PM
Floating in the Olympic size indoor pool surrounded by Greek statuary under an azure skylight, the Empress Amarantha is awaiting her evening ice cream (one half cup of the good stuff at 160 calories, served in an itty bitty tiny child's dish) before taking a moonlight stroll across the desert, otherwise known as the No Food Zone.

Queen Punkinseed: The proverb about not going back to where you tripped on the rock is wonderful! You have hit the naileth on the headeth! Journey on!

Queen Cindelier: The Empress Amarantha sends thanks for your assertion that she is a genius! However, she can't take credit for the One Day Challenge! She got the idea from eDiets!

To All: A good night. The masseuse and towel boy are around here somewhere. Elbert the Pirate is working out. He's also the chief of security at the spa and must stay strong to keep out villains such as the Evil Blob, whom no one has seen today.

168/167.5/135

Arabella
07-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Just popping in to report on my day -- MADE IT!!! Yahoo!

Food / Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk / 4 (3 fruit)
1 c soy milk / 2
salad / 2 (2 veg)
2 whole wheat pita / 4
light cream cheese / 2
1 p fudge / 2
hoummous / 5
carrot & zucchini sticks / 0 (1 veg)
teriyaki salmon / 5
half sweet potato / 2 (1 veg)
broccoli / 0 (2 veg)
brown rice / 3
total / 33

3 mile run, 1 walk, 1 set tai chi
>3L water
9 fruits/veggies

Burned 7 points!

Kaylets
07-25-2002, 06:48 AM
Hello all!!--

Q Babette-- again, parallel lives, size 16 is the size I was celebrating last week too!! - - But I have never run except for an elevator and I am impressed.

Q Aramantha- Interesting how all the guests are female and the attendants are male....... hmmmm-- wonder who who have in mind for the Royal chef?

Q Eydie- I thought of you yesterday many times-

Q Punkinseed-- I LOVE THAT ANALOGY! "if you trip on a rock, you don't go back back to the beginning and start over" -- That was just what I needed to hear this morning!

Q Upandaway-- Talk about multitasking!! Cleaning and extra calorie burning!!! Don't forget to do something for yourself too, especially guilt free- rewards of job well done!!

TheLyd- I award you a royal title of Queen- Please accept this tiara and elbow length gloves with our compliments-- I seem to be out of royal wands- I trust one of our other members will have a spare handy

Q Cindilier- Isnt packing the worst?? Be careful, when we moved from CT, it wastn until 5 yrs later, I found still packed, A box full of trash - luckily all paper trash BUT STILL

Q Punkinseed- Congrats on your making your morning challenge- Mine have become challenging as well- for more than one reason-
I have started drinking water with my coffee and as for the other-
I'm following Dr Phil on that one-- " DO IT IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT OR NOT"

Q Jellyn - How's it going in your kingdom? is everyone treating you royally?

Q Mom2boys- How is the research going? took me a long time to realize, the only thing that would work long term would be something that worked for me- by that I mean, that it made sense, that it fit into my lifestyle, and most of all, that I saw results.

My goal today is to get the water in - I was doing great earlier in the week and then again, stress kicked in and the bottle just sits there-- And to just keep dusting myself off and keep moving--I've got to remember that you can't make progress if you aren't moving!

Take care all

Arabella
07-25-2002, 08:00 AM
Good Morning, Your Majesties of the Empire! :wave: Long may you rule!

I did it again :cb: I decided to have a piece of fudge with my post-dinner mint tea, but I had points to spare (and it was good!). I had one of those "more" impulses afterwards but told it to leave me alone and it did. :D

I want to express heartfelt thanks to Emperess Amarantha for establishing the Royal Spa. It's FABULOUS! And even if I only spend a few seconds there from time to time, they are deeply revivifying seconds!

HRH Kaylets, I thank you for your admiration of the royal run. I fear that, were I a commoner (perish the thought!) one would have to describe it a "jog" but thankfully, it is in my power to describe it as I wish!

Very cool to be so parallel :cool:

Today's challenge is much like yesterday's, although my exercise goal more or less alternates:

Today:

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, (already did those 2) tai chi class

Drink >3L water.

Have a wonderful day, Your Exquisite Excellencies!
xo

Amarantha2
07-25-2002, 10:19 AM
It has come to Empress Amarantha's attention that a climate of genderism exists in the hiring of staff at the imperial vacation spa, South Empire. (What could Amarantha have been thinking of?!) Be it known, therefore, that a new female spa chef has been hired. Her name is Elberta Crone (she's distantly related to Elbert the Pirate). She is 102 years old (takes care of ageism, too), 135 pounds, 5'5" tall and has 25 percent bodyfat, mostly muscle (she works out). She has no negative health habits at all and has maintained that state of existence for all of her 102 earthly years. She is an expert in providing amazing spa cuisine that is low in calories and fat, yet so tasty and delicious she has won prizes in all the Queendoms of Europe, America and Canada and all other areas as well. She loves her work so much she never is off duty, so amazing, healthy food is now available at a moment's notice. Elberta is also psychic, so Amarantha, Royal Guests and Excellent Staff have only to think of eating and Elberta will rush to provide the needed healthy food item. Should aforesaid persons be so rash as to think of an unhealthy item, Elberta will maketh substitutions.

Congratulations to all Royal Guests, Excellent Staff and Amarantha herself for making their challenges and/or their superior attempts yesterday.

Amarantha is jetskiing up the Royal River Fit today to the Imperial Palace to speak with advisors and deal with imperial business, then she will jetsky back to the spa to relax in the pool and have one of Elberta's meals. Her challenge is THUSLY: HAVING HAD A HUGE BREAKFAST PREPARED BY ELBERTA, AMARANTHA CHALLENGES HERSELF TO A NO FOOD MORATORIUM UNTIL 12 NOON, IMPERIAL TIME! SHE ALSO CHALLENGETH HERSELF TO MAINTAIN THE 9 p.m. to midnight NO FOOD ZONE! SHE DOESN'T FEEL LIKE EXERCISE, SO SHE CHALLENGETH HERSELF TO ACCOMPLISH HER WEIGHT WORKOUT SOMETIME TODAY! THAT'S ALL!

Kaylets: There is a supply of tiaras in several closets at the Imperial Vacation Spa. Just ask Granny Goodnurse (a kindly, motherly spa attendant whose been here all the time, really) and she'll show you where they are.

Amarantha perceiveth again that she is wordy, so she'll just say, "Good-night, Gracie!"

168/167.5/135

Punkinseed
07-25-2002, 10:57 AM
Good day all and Happy Friday-eve!

This morning, my standing challenge of not inhaling sourdough bread (not even toasted, how gauche!) was met. Matter of fact I STILL haven't had breakfast... probably because dinner was just a "tad" off program - not too bad though, but still, not what Elberta had arranged... ;)

Emp. Amarantha - I'm glad you told me who Elbert was! I went to introduce myself and all I got was an "Argh!" - the parrot is nice though...

HRH Kaylets - I love Dr. Phil! Have you read any of his books? I wonder how applicable they would be to this whole "weight loss/get your life under your control" thing they would be.

HRH Babette - I second your applause for Emp. Amarantha's spa idea. Actually, I have the entire weekend reserved - I have purchased the royal bubble bath and at 3:30pm Friday I will check in and let Elbert, Elberta, Granny Goodnurse, towel boy and masseuse pamper me until Sunday evening when I must come back to reality and get ready for work....

Challenges for today:
No snacking before breakfast - done
water, water, everywhere - first glass is full, minus 3 long sips
staying to the planned menu - so far, so good...

I leave your royal company, for now...

Terri

upandaway
07-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Well ladies, I did manage to shop for groceries yesterday, actually used couple of coupons, bought what was on the list, plus some fresh fruit too good to pass up. Took the daughter shopping and am proud to say she is becoming a very frugal shopper (in addition to becoming a truly breathtaking beauty), we did not break the budget.

As for today, well today my goal is to stay with my program in spite of the (apparent) lack of results. I visited eDiets and a couple of other sites and have concluded that I need to eat between 14 and 1500 calories a day. This is dead on the money for the point range I'm in so I feel confident that I'm doing it right. I've made "give it time, just keep trying and give it time" my mantra. I think I'll head over to the spa and let the healing properties of the enchanted waters can improve my mental outlook. That'll be me in sitting in the shade with a Stephen King novel by my side and the Eagles playing on the radio, repeating my mantra over and over.

upandaway

Arabella
07-25-2002, 04:17 PM
Here's today:

Food / Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk / 7 (3 fruit)
1 c soy milk / 2
2 cafe au lait (mmmm...) 3
chickpea-veg curry / 4 (2 veg)
whole wheat pita / 2
1/2 c ice cream with berries / 4
spinach / 0 (1 veg)
baked chicken / 6
sm. potato / 2 (1 veg)
beets / 0 (1 veg)
2 t. butter / 2
total / 32

3 mile walk, 2 sets circuit, 1 hour tai chi
>3L water
10 fruits/veggies

Burned 10 points!

Amarantha2
07-25-2002, 10:04 PM
over the Imperial Vacation Spa, South Empire. Empress Amarantha bids good-night to all spagoers, challengers, lurkers (are you out there, Blob?). Unfortunately, her quick trip to the Imperial Palace was fraught with perils and Amarantha could not meet the no food between breakfast and noon moratorium. Her menu and calorie count today have not been up to Elberta Crone's standards, but where, Amarantha asks rhetorically, was Elberta when the Siren Song of Ice Cream floated gently across the countryside as Amarantha whooshed up the river on her jetski?

But there's hope yet for Amarantha's nightly stroll across the Desert of No Food from 9 a.m. to midnight and she may yet meeteth her challenge of doing her Thursday weights. As the Queen of Friday once remarked (I think it was on the Royal Badminton Court during a particularly invigorating game), there's no use going back to the place where you tripped on a stone.

Q. Arabella/Babette: Elberta Crone wishes Amarantha to pass along her congratulations on your extremely healthy daily menus. She's particularly impressed with the beets and hopes you will continue to post these menus, as she is taking notes. She's 102 but says one is never too old to imitate excellence.

Q. Upandaway: Shopping is excellent mental exercise for the young; it sounds like you had fun with DD today! Amarantha sees you over there with the King novel. I like your mantra. Keep going.

To All: I'll just say good-night, Gracie.

168/167.5/135

Arabella
07-26-2002, 06:07 AM
Good Morning, Your Excellencies! :wave:

I'm tired this morning, and feel a bit like I'm catching a cold (my adorable grandson was over the other evening and had a runny nose). Also, I've gotten really a lot of exercise the last few days in a row. So. I decided to take it easyish today. I'm going to incorporate a 3 mile-walk into meeting my sister for lunch and will do a couple of sets of tai chi through the day. I was going to run, but all things considered, I think that this plan is wiser.

Also, I'm not going with a target point level, but going back to the basics: no eating when I'm not hungry and no eating other than at the table when I'm alone. Plus the water. This is the sacred collapse evening of the week, and we're having nachos for and a movie, and I will likely have a festive bev. or two. That, combined with lunch with my sister... hmmm... No, the heck with it. I can still keep it under 50 points (about 2500 cals) and splurge fairly modestly, so that's my goal. I'll report back, too.

Amarantha, is nowhere and no one safe!!! :fr: I'm shocked and appalled that Blob would dare to assault Your Grace en route to Her palace! Where was the Royal Bodyguard? Nevertheless, I think that the rock-tripping analogy is most appropriate, and hope that the rest of your day went royally.

Well, I am off to slay dragons. Work work work :cry: Have a wonderful day, Your Excellencies!

Punkinseed
07-26-2002, 10:32 AM
I guess my "recommitment day" was humorous to the powers that be... for some reason (stress? depression?) my will and want to do this has waned. I know it will come back, but it's now a matter of doing the least amount of damage while I'm working my way back in the right direction. I know it WILL come back.

So, today's challenge will be simple - water and lots of it. If I can't control much else right now, I will drink water until it comes out my ears. The rest will come back later, it always does after some prodding...

I also will start to practice some form of meditation. Stress is getting to me and the depression from the obvious decision I must make to postpone my vacation (which means I won't see my friends for 2 or more months now) is what I think is affecting my will to take care of myself.

So,
~water,
~deep breathing and a conscious thought before I eat something,
~hang on and know that perfection is not going to happen right now. To expect perfection when you know you can't deliver is just going to cause feelings of failure, which leads to more stress, etc.
~HAVE FAITH IN MY RESOLVE - my want will come back but I need to prepair myself for seeing the damage I've done and not let that lead me into more negative stuff.

I saw the rock, tripped over it anyway, now I'm fighting to keep walking straight.

Terri

Amarantha2
07-26-2002, 10:39 AM
... nothing and no one is safe from BLOB! The bodyguards (Walking Pole 1 and Walking Pole 2) were hanging out in the hot tub back at the spa when Amarantha left yesterday and she didn't like to disturb them. She believed her resolute nature would be all the protection she'd need against the antics of Blob, the evil fitness thief, who uses every means in his power to suck the fitness level out of unsuspecting folk who sometimes don't even notice for years they have no muscle tone left because Blob has replaced the muscle fibers with clumps of fat through a reverse liposuction process known only to him. His minions, Sal Sloth and Marvina Maybe Tomorrow, are everywhere, too. :devil:

That said, Empress Amarantha is giving her royal report on yesterday's challenges to her advisors even as we speak. She sayeth that she did indeed chase Blob outta the area yesterday and had a nice stroll on the Desert of No Food from 9 P.M. to Midnight and she did indeed do her Thursday weights. Thusly, 2/3ds of her Wednesday challenge were meteth! She's already walked an hour today and has a final exam to go take, so must hurryeth.

Amarantha's Thursday Challenge: ONE, as a reward after she taketh her final exam on the first class of her college program, she will NOT succumb to the urge to come home and take a nap but will drive to the sporting goods store and purchase a SECOND pair of walking poles to augment her security forces when she traveleth about. She will keep a pair in her royal carriage for emergencies and keep a pair at home. TWO, she's gonna go for a MAJOR CALORIC FUN RUN today ... she'll run towards a special CHALLENGE TROPHY marked 1699 ... it's a tricky game because if as much as ONE extra calorie over 1699 should grab her from the sidelines and yell "TAG," the trophy is forfeit and will in fact disappear before the very eyes of the cheering crowd. If Amarantha, however, makes it to the trophy and snatches it up ... well, she'll have the trophy!

Have a great day, Royal Folk!

168/167.5/135

upandaway
07-26-2002, 11:00 AM
Morning all. My challenge for today, indeed the weekend, is just to make it from one dosage of pain pills to the next, I'm sad to say. Major toothache attacked in the middle of the night and no dentist is working in this town of Fridays, so it'll be sweat it out and bare it, (it hurts to grin!) until Monday.

The upside is I can't eat much so staying on target calorie wise shouldn't be too tough. Getting in all the nutritional components, that may be a different story. Also, since I don't have a toothache in my feet I can still ride the old bike so I'm off to do that. It actually takes my mind off the jaw pain.

Amarantha, I'm so proud of you for accomplishing the 'no-eat zone' from 9 to midnight. Nights are tough for me. Somehow the rest of the house in bed, all quiet, it's like the perfect time to snack snack snack. Of course last night I just snacked on Advil, so no problem!

Great Friday all,
upandaway

Amarantha2
07-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Jetski-By Post, Midday, Imperial Vacation Spa, South Empire: Bad news, the 1699 Trophy has disappeared and the Caloric Fun Run has been cancelled for today. Blob is suspected of having taken the trophy, which was sitting on a pedestal at the edge of the spa's state-of-the-art run/walk track located in a grassy meadow in the center of a secluded grove of Queen Palms and pecan trees. Only a few birds, bees and butterflies were seen in the vicinity when the theft was discovered, though; although, a strange orange piece of shiny paper with the word "Reese's" imprinted thereon was also nearby.

Amarantha is claiming victory on the purchase of the Walking Poles, though, and will reschedule the Fun Run. She is substituting a stroll through the No Food Desert of 9 P.M. to Midnight as a second challenge.

Q. Upandaway: Sorry about your royal tooth hurting. So rude of dentists to take these long weekends!

Arabella
07-26-2002, 08:50 PM
Not that it was that brutal, but I'm sure I'd have done much worse if I hadn't been trying to accomplish my goals for today.

Upandaway, hope you don't suffer too much with the toothache before it gets fixed -- toothaches are the worst!

Amarantha, I admire the way you continue on with your chosen challenges, even after tripping over the proverbial rock!

Here's my day:

Food / Points
1 c soy milk / 2
2 cafe au lait (mmmm...) 2
Chicken shawarma with salad / 10 (2 veg)
Nachos with cheese, veggies, salsa and sour cream / 15 (3 veg)
Gin and tonic / 4
Beer / 3
total / 43

3 mile walk, 2 sets tai chi
>3L water
7 fruits/veggies

Burned 5 points!

3mom
07-26-2002, 10:22 PM
hello! May I join your daily challenges? I have been doing this for exactly a week on my own and it is not only difficult but LONELY!!!:( I would love to hear about all the queens and ladies and how they set their challenges and do what they need to do. I am a mother of 3 (9,6,4), teacher and wife. I lost 80 pounds in the past 18 months but in the past 6 months I gained back stress due to hubby's temporary unemployment, selling a house, etc. etc. the excuses go on.... But now that I am finally settled (I hope) I started again and so far lost 8 lbs. (water weight???) My challange for today was not to eat "cheat food" - anotherwords go over my points (I do weight watchers on my own) - I went over my points by two - ate a cookie. So I actually did well I think considering I used to go over by eating 5 candy bars!!! I am also trying to drink 5 glasses of water each day (for some reason this is hard for me to do) and to drink 2 green teas a day. i guess that will be my daily challenge for Saturday!@!!
I hope to hear about everyone else's journey soon - I look foward to meeting each of you!! Fondly, Kim:dizzy:

Amarantha2
07-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Be it known: The spa's limosine (sp?) has just rolled up to the front door and the driver has opened the door and escorted Queen 3mom up the massive front porch flanked by Greek columns and through the spa's golden doors. Queen 3mom has lost 80 pounds (woo-hoo) and desireth a stress-free zone to play her personal challenge game and hobnob with her fellow royalty. She is most royally welcome! The cook, Elberta Crone, BTW, is especially good at making green tea.

Amarantha walked another 20 minutes with the new poles, which are green, as opposeth to the blue of the other two. She is resting on a covered pavilion near the azure blue outdoor pool with the deep blue ocean beyond and the pink-blue sunset above the Queen palms dotting the golden sand beach. She is drinking a nutritious smoothie made of only frozen cranberries and Splenda and reading a trashy novel and thinking of her challenge to stroll across the Desert of No Food From 9 P.M. to Midnight, coming soon ... film at 11.

168/167.5/135

3mom
07-27-2002, 09:28 AM
I am finally a QUEEN - I have been trying to tell hubby and kids this for years!!!!!! LOL Well, its 9:30 and other than 2 cups of coffee I have not had any water yet - if I am to make my challenge I better get moving!!!!!! Queen A - I love trashy novels!!! They are the BEST!!! I, too, have an extremely difficult time not eating junk after the dinner hour - I used to go to bed early to avoid eating (it helped in the health dept. too!) - I should probably try to do this again since it worked so well before but it is hard when these NY summer nights are so beautiful!!!! Take care and I will chat with all later!!! Fondly, QUEEN K (Love the sound of it!!! LOL)

Arabella
07-27-2002, 09:39 AM
Good Morning, Your Majesties! :wave: !

Welcome, Queen 3mom! :D

I'm on the run -- off to tai chi, so as to have completed the exercise portion of my day. :cb:

Today's plan:

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, (already did those 2) tai chi class

Drink >3L water.

xo

Amarantha2
07-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Well, Amarantha wrote a huge proclamation about how this is the empire's traditional Festival of Minichallenges, but it wouldn't post. So in a nutshell: Amarantha is down at the village south of the spa where the inhabitants are celebrating the festival. Among newly painted houses, they wander in the street, dancing, throwing streamers and flowers, issuing and meeting minichallenges to themselves and each other and doing happy jigs as the challenges are met. Music and healthy food and water are everywhere. Amarantha has so far challenged herself to eat only one snack after returning from the Desert of No Food From 9 P.M. to Midnight stroll and she achieved that; she challenged herself to walk one hour when she felt pressured to work instead and achieved the walk (better for her in the long run); she will continue to issue minichallenges with the happy villagers all day and will return to the spa tonight. All spa goers are of course welcome to come to the happy village, where the inhabitants are all beautiful (males as well as females), mentally stable and physically fit (they all have 25 percent body fat and excellent cardiovascular systems).

:)

168/167.5/135

Kaylets
07-27-2002, 06:42 PM
So glad I have some time to sneak in a leisurely steam bath while Elberta Crone fixes one of those Cranberry Smoothies and the Chickpea Veg Curry. I have to admit, I might have to post one of my butlers in the kitchen to get Elberta Crone's recipes- I will ask her first and hope she will share with my cook, both sound so tasty!!

Q Aramantha, don't forget Ulysses was tempted by the Sirens too. Didn't he tie his sailors to the boat to keep them safe and on course?? Those of us royals must be very careful as danger lurks everywhere.
And of course, add me to the royal proclamation of thanks for establishing the Spa. Its a royal experience!

Q Punkinseed- I've only seen Dr Phil on Oprah. Some of what I've seen really makes sense to me: what have you've changed by making excuses? Some people think he should be gentler with people but I think the ones he gets tough with have needed someone to be tough with them for a long, long time. I enjoy him but then again, I love Judge Judy and I don't know anyone else who does.
And did the water really come out of your ears??? were you standing on your head?

Q Babette- This is where I must draw the line on parallel lives- I don't want a cold!!

Q Upandaway- Yes, yes, yes, you have got it, you are on the right track, you are moving towards your goal, you are gaining momentum, your are almossttttt there - JUST GIVE IT TIME--
And have you ever tried Anbesol? It can really take the edge off.

Q 3mom-- So glad you stopped by. Please accept this tiara and elbow length gloves. Seems as though we have lots of tiara's here at the spa and in my royal trunk but I have two royal wands on back order now. You may wear the tiara as you will, some prefer a jaunty angle, we have heard of one who has wired headphones into hers-- its up to you, as ITS ALL ABOUT YOU, you are the QUEEN of all you see.
and have you tried the 0 calorie flavored waters? lots of flavors out there now and sometimes its two birds, one stone- you're getting the water in and it tastes good too

I've had a Bob James tape playing in the car for almost 3 days now- its just so light and lovely, I just keep letting it play and play. I always wondered who did the Taxi theme song and was pleasantly suprised when I found the title on the casette. Music really helps me enjoy the moment.
Thats why I'm so impressed that the steam room has overhead music and plug in headsets for individual settings- For a Royal sauna!

so far on track all day-

2 veggie burgers
2 lite wheat bread
1 apple

2 avocado/black bean mini wheat pita
1 sf popsicle

looks like tofu and stirfry veg starting to happen in the kitchen

leaves plenty of room for sf chocolate pudding later!!

little low on the water- got to get pumping

did someone else mention green tea? do you use the bags or loose tea? we have both when at home in the palace, just wondering what others preferred.

Well, sauna was great but there are important matters of state that demand my royal attention. For example, can you imagine, the Royal laundress has not shown up for work in 2 or 3 days now-- and the Royal vacuum cleaner refuses to operate. Must go out in the carriage and find a royal replacement.

Be careful out there your Graces!!

Marusha
07-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Hi Amarantha:

Just wanted to say thank you for your welcome message.

I kept checking in the first day I signed on and was getting a little depressed when no one was acknowledging me (I'm a little insecure can you tell this being my first time on a chat line.)
You guys all seem so familiar with each other and having such a good time. I want some of that!!!

(I'm assuming it is alright for me to just join in to any thread. If that is bad manners please let me know.)

I am not doing so well with my weight loss program. I just can't seem to get into the good food mode. It's like my eating mechanisms have disattached from my brain and have gone on a rampage.

Babette, I love your dancing banana.

Until later,

Marusha

Arabella
07-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Welcome, Marusha -- Glad you're here. Please accept this dancing banana :cb: You can get them by clicking on the "get more" at the bottom of the smileys!

Kaylets, yup -- you don't need a cold. I'm still fighting it and determined to win. I just keep telling myself that I'm NOT going to get sick.

A pretty good day today. At the top of my points, but I got lots of exercise, so it should be okay.

Food / Points
1 c soy milk / 2
chickpea veg curry / 2
spelt toast with light cream cheese and tomato / 4
lasagne / 10 (2 veg)
caesar salad (3 veg)
Gin and tonic / 4
wine / 2
total / 35

3 mile walk, 2 sets circuit training, tai chi class
>3L water
8 fruits/veggies

Burned 10 points!

G'Night, Miladies!

3mom
07-27-2002, 08:55 PM
Hello all you royalty out there! I did pretty good with the water today and I am still drinking it!! Hooray for me! It sounds like alot of you really exercise quite a bit in here! I really need to speed up that department - I walk 20/25 minutes a day my challenge for this week is to walk and do 10 minutes of muscle exercises each day. Tomorrow's challenge for me is to continue with the water until it is just a regular thing I do and not to get suckered into eating junk at my parents' house for their birthday parties ( my family is big on awesome food and parties!!) Any advice? i really want to make this challenge a reality but it is so hard when there are people encouraging you to eat every 5 minutes!! Well, hope all the queens out there get the royal treatment for the rest of the weekend!!! Fondly, Queen K

Kaylets
07-27-2002, 10:10 PM
Queen 3mom:

My first tip would be to bring your water bottle or what ever you are drinking with you - bring refills just in case there will be nothing you can refill with there. If you bring home what you brought, all the better but so much better not to be wishing you had brought something. DONT LET GO OF THE BOTTLE!! It's very hard to drink and eat at the same time, it really makes a difference.

The 2nd thing I'd make sure of is to eat a good filling breakfast,
I don't want to risk being overly hungry later.

The third thing which may sound crazy -- I'd eat again before I left if it was at all possible. That way, if there was little for me to choose, I wouldnt be so hungry I couldnt resist.

I'd also try my best to get some activity in as early as possible to kickstart my day-- get your heart pounding activity -- with it being so warm, I'd put my sneakers on as soon as my eyes were open and do flights of stairs- as soon as my legs start complaining, I do at least one more flight and then I can stop- this way, I have started out my day on a positive note.

that's what works for me.

the last thing I'd do is do my darndest not to have anything with sugar in it- it only makes me want more and then more tomorrow too. Some people can have a bite and stop, not me. The farther away from it I stay, the easier it is to control the cravings.

and, if you do your activity and get a good breakfast in, if you eat something you regret later, at least you won't feel as though the whole day was a ruined.

oopps, almost forgot, bring something yummy and safe to share that you will enjoy- strawberries maybe ??

Hope I didnt go on too long, I realize other people may have other strategies-- I have learned that I cannot get too hungry or its just downhill.

Let us know how you make out!

Amarantha2
07-27-2002, 11:00 PM
Amarantha returneth to the Imperial Vacation Spa, South Empire, tired but content from her day of frolicking amongst the villagers in the Festival of Minichallenges. She hath accomplished many challenges today and is leaving early for her night stroll across the Desert of No Food From 9 p.m. to Midnight ... a satisfying, peaceful time in which she is not tortured with thoughts of overeating because there's NO FOOD! :cb: :joker:

Queen Marusha: Amarantha is glad you found your way to the spa. Hopefully, after a few days of eating Elberta Crone's super-healthful cuisine, your rampages will ceaseth! :) Just watch out for the archcriminal Blob and his minions. BTW, the only bad manners would be to NOT join in!!!

Queen 3Mom: Amarantha has little to add to Queen Kaylets advice. In past years, Amarantha also had to contend with family eating festivals, but that has happily tapered off. Her two favorite strategies are, as Q. Kaylets, mentioned to take something you'll enjoy eating that won't kill your plan (always pretending that you brought it for them, of course) and holding a water (or tea) glass or bottle in your hand. Pushing food around on the plate is good, too, but hard to do if you're hungry. Good luck.

Queen Babette/Arabella of the Wood Nymphs: Excellent menu again today. I am requesting Elberta to get a supply of Scottish oatmeal. It is the only kind she'll cook.

Queen Kaylets: So sorry about your staffing problem. Feel free to bring the Royal Laundry with you when you visit the spa. We have 73 laundrettes/launderers on duty at all hours of the day and night. Amarantha realizes this may seem an excessive number, but we don't want them to get tired. Amarantha is sending you a vacuum cleaner by return carriage. The spa's vacuum cleaners are feather-light so the staff doesn't get tired and plays stirring classical music to encourage them.

168/167.5/135

Amarantha2
07-27-2002, 11:06 PM
Amarantha is restraining her editor self from going back and correcting the disagreement of subject and verb in her last post. She obsesseth!

3mom
07-28-2002, 07:30 AM
Great ideas from the royal court - I am definitely going to try them all - All ready got in my royal stroll and now I am planning on some tasty foods right now!!! I really appreciate the support - I am hoping I report to everyone later tonight about how well I did!!!!!! Have a great day everyone - we deserve it!!!!!!! Fondly, KIM

Kaylets
07-28-2002, 08:28 AM
I forgot to mention, have fun!

My butler returned from the kitchen without the recipes! She says the cook already had the Cranberry Smoothie and Chickpea curry prepared before she arrived! I am now asking the Royal Secretary to contact the cook in writing as I am very interested in both of these recipes back at the palace.

I had no idea the spa had such a wonderful laundry system!! That's so good to know if I have an extended stay. Can you believe the laundress came in wihtout any explanation, did 3 loads of wash and disappeared again? Can you imagine?

I will alert the doorman that your carriage is expected. The featherlight sounds terrfic ! Many thanks!

so far, only 1 bottle of water down,
and a breakfast of frenchtoast with peaches--
it didnt turn out the best so the dogs the half I decided wasnt worth eating-

its so muggy outside the windows are steamed up ! and so dark you'd think its raining but its not-

Want to get to Walmart for cheap Pria bars for my just in case stockpile. DH needs some new shirts, in a size or two smaller!!
So, I'm off before it gets too miserable!

Amarantha2
07-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Hope no spagoers objecteth, but the Empress Amarantha wisheth to start a new threadeth! She was hoping someone lurking in the royal spa would do so before now, but all have been occupied watching the towel boy. :jester:

3Mom: Good luck on your family outing.

Kaylets: The carriage has been dispatched with the Featherlight!

Amarantha has lost a pound this week, BTW.

Onward!

Arabella
07-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Good Morning, Your Majesties! :wave: ! I realize this is a little late in the day to post my challenge, but -- being royalty -- I am dang well doing it anyway! :lol:

Posted a novel on the other thread, so I'll be short and sweet here. Well, short anyway...

Today's plan:

3 mile walk, 2 sets of tai chi (was only going to do one, but - well, what's a challenge for :shrug: )

Drink >3L water.

Have an absolutely splendid day, Your Exquisite Excellencies!
xo

Arabella
07-28-2002, 07:30 PM
Made it -- I do find that it's a little easier to make the better choices when I've got to report on it...

Food / Points
2 eggs on spelt toast / 7
2 c soy milk / 4
banana / 2 (2 fruits)
Stuffed eggplant / 8 (3 veg)
Green beans / 0 (2 veg)
New potatoes, 1 t butter /4
strawberries / 1 (1 fruit)
2 g wine / 4
1/2 vodka cooler / 2
total / 31

3 mile walk, 2 sets tai chi
>3L water
8 fruits/veggies

Burned 5 points!

3mom
07-28-2002, 10:06 PM
I did it!!! Not too bad, not too great!
Breakfast - yougart parfait, hash brown, plain small biscuit
No lunch
Dinner pork, mashed potatoes, green beans
WAter!!!!!
No birthday cake!!! Only pretzels and a glass of wine!!!
Glad everyone else had a good day too!
Queen A - what new thread are you starting???? Its late so I will have to think of a new challenge early tomorrow morning! Fondly, KIM

Amarantha2
07-28-2002, 10:37 PM
Queen 3mom: I deleted it. It confused me. I am posting too much, sleeping too little! :)

Congratulations on navigating the shoals of the birthday waters!

prism
07-29-2002, 02:46 AM
Happy Birthday to HRH :cb:

I've been out of it for awhile. Day one beckons once again.

1. RS foodmover

2. 64oz water

3. exercise

4. journalize

5. 30 minutes of motivational reading a day.

Begging YRH favor...please grant me strength for day one.

Goodnight,
malia

Amarantha2
07-29-2002, 03:17 AM
Amarantha deleted the thread she started earlier. It had the wrong title and confuseth. Here's the gist of what she posted and she's happy to report she did indeed win the 1799 Trophy at the Fun Run (actually 1760 calories) and made it through the Desert of No Food From 9 P.M. to Midnight:

Having LOST ONE POUND (woo-hoo) this a.m. according to the Celebration of Weighing on the Golden Scale (which weighs not only pounds but good intentions), Amarantha challengeth herself to a day of rededication. The villagers have also scheduled a Fun Run in the meadow, with the prize being a golden trophy with the caloric numbers 1799 inscribed therein. They have invited Amarantha to take the first run to grab that trophy, as earlier in the week a similar trophy with the numbers 1699 on it disappeared from the site of a proposed Fun Run. So grabbing the trophy at the Fun Run is Amarantha's official challenge for the day and she will REPORTETH BACK!

Amarantha's Monday Challenge: A Fun Run is scheduled and the trophy sayeth 1899. A second challenge is that Amarantha will pack her little cooler before driving to the outlying village and she will eat only what is in the cooler on the road and she will passeth by all convenience stores except in case of emergency or gas purchase for the royal horses, but she will buyeth no food in the convenience store. A third challenge is to stroll through the Desert of No Food From 9 P.M. to Midnight.

She will reporteth back but must tour the village early. Running an empire is not easy.

168/166.5/135

Arabella
07-29-2002, 05:58 AM
Good Morning, Your Majesties! :wave:

Amarantha, congrats on the pound off your royal personage! :cp: :cb: WTG!!! Ah, the spa life is bound to pay off...

Today's plan:

3 mile run, 1 mile walk, 1 set tai chi

Drink >3L water.

Treat yourselves royally -- and behave accordingly!

Punkinseed
07-29-2002, 02:29 PM
I started a #2 thread!!!!!! It's under One Day Challenge Check In ~ #2 (original, I know)

Hope I don't get in trouble - please don't take my tiara!!!

Terri