Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Recognizing the New YOU

I sometimes (well a lot of times) forget what I look like. I mean I will be somewhere looking around at people or different womens shapes and sizes and be saying to myself, "WOW I wish I looked like that" or "I can't wait till i am that size". Then I will go in the RR and see myself in the mirror only to be reminded (and shicked might I add) that I am that size, most of the time smaller. I will just be looking in the mirror and smiling because I can't believe that is me. Shopping and walking pass a store, seeing myself in glass and having to take another look because that sexy lady that just walked by was me. It is amzing because I KNOW i have lose 49 pounds, I know I am wearing 9's (and an occasional 8) and I know everyone notices and that I feel fantabulous but looking at myself always gets me. Like my brain hasn't caught up yet. Anyone else ever feel this way? Do you still feel this way or have you gotten used to it eventually???
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Yes.

LOL!

First, congrats on doing so well!! It's like a little treat to "see" yourself in these moments, isn't it? :-) All of the hard work actually pays off.

I usually "see" myself outside of my home. Maybe at work but mostly when I'm shopping (which I do a lot now...). It's so awesome! I don't know if I'll ever get used to the new me. I'm still 21 pounds from goal so I assume it'll be a while yet.

Congrats again!!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #3  

I am really looking forward to having that experience! LOL Congrats to you on your success. I like your signature by Jillian Michaels
slimmercindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on your success

Yes, I feel like that a lot. Most times when I look at myself, I still see 330 pounds. It is very disheartening and frustrating but one day I hope my brain catches up with my body.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on your new body! I do know what you mean, and it can be pretty emotional at times...!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #6  
SWMBO

S/C/G: 287/258/169

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Yes, I feel like that a lot. Most times when I look at myself, I still see 330 pounds. It is very disheartening and frustrating but one day I hope my brain catches up with my body.
I know EXACTLY how you feel...and I feel it is partially responsible for me re-gaining all I had lost a few years back.

Learned my lesson...

S
sherrybwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #7  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrybwc View Post
I know EXACTLY how you feel...and I feel it is partially responsible for me re-gaining all I had lost a few years back.
Thanks for this--I think that this will remind me to feel good about myself, so I don't slip back.

Also, yeah, I see the same shape, same jiggly belly I saw when I was 30lbs heavier--even when I catch my reflection in a window or mirror. I guess I focused on the positive at first, but now I'm backed to noticing the same old flaws--the abdomen that pooches out when I sit down, the love handles that hang out over my size 10 jeans, and so on. I'm going to try and relearn the positive.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #8  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

I'm surprised pretty much every time I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or a window... but it is a nice surprise... and my plan is to make the surprise nicer as time goes on.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote