Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #1  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Cool I put the scale away!

And boy does it feel good. I decided I am not worrying about that thing anymore. I am eating right, walking, who needs the scale. I will just pull it out once a month to see where I am at weight wise, but I am going to have to quit stressing over that thing. I can notice in so many ways how my body is changing, so I can't worry that the darn thing isn't doing what I want it to do. Right now I am between a 14 and 16 jeans and I feel really good about that. I was waiting for the 16s to get big on me, and now I don't even have to unbutton or unzip them to get them on and off...14s are still a little tight...so will wear the 16s until the 14s are comfy.
Shirts are now a large instead of extra large and I can wear some mediums. I used to wear 2x and 3x and even had a couple of 4x shirts at one time. I was wearing a size 22 jeans. So even if the scale isn't moving fast enough for me, I have a lot of other things going on. My rings will need to be resized soon, and my watch is on the tightest it will go and still slides around.
I was trying to get to a certain weight, but I really can't "MAKE" that happen until my body is ready to drop it. Besides, it is not about "weight loss" but about "FAT LOSS". I am getting healthier and healthier every day. I can definitely see the results of doing what I need to do for my body. My blood pressure has been really good lately, so hopefully soon, the doc can get me off bp meds. Also, I am awaiting the day when she pulls more blood work so I can see a reduction in the bad cholesterol and trigliceride #s. That is what matters the most.
So...the stressor went bye bye for a while. It is a new month and it's getting so nice out. Cool to walk in the mornings and evenings, it's just wonderful.
Anyway...Happy September and Happy Living!
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #3  

What a good piece of advice! I think that everyone, especially obsessive beginners (like myself) need to understand that weighing in every other day will only frustrate us. Good for you!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Good for you!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #5  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I love your attitude!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Sounds like you're making great progress!

I'm another one who does much better if I leave the scale alone. I put it away for awhile, then end up dragging it out again and weighing every day.

That's not helpful to me, so I don't know why I continue to do it.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I put mine away yesterday and ALMOST had a weak moment and took it out this morning... but I didn't and it feels good! I know I'll go back to daily weighing when my weight starts dropping again but for now... this works.

So I'm with ya sister!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote