100 lb. Club - Rawr!

View Full Version : Rawr!

salsa chip
09-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, lemmings and goldfish...

...when I weighed myself just now I was 229lbs. Yes. I'm out of the 230s, through the right door, and plan on KEEPING IT THAT WAY :carrot:

I'm so pleased with myself; I've exercised and been careful about what's gone in my mouth over the past two days straight. Last night I was in bed feeling peckish and didn't get up for a snack. And now my reward is here :D

(Yes, ok, this probably doesn't reflect what I've done over the past couple of days. But I'll take it anyway. There will be enough tough moments in the future; I'm going to treasure this really good feeling whilst I can!! :cool: )

cfmama
09-01-2009, 03:39 AM
that is SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! I need some of those "move out of the 230's" vibes. You are doing great!!!

Rosinante
09-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Excellent news, well done!

salsa chip
09-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Thank you Ms. Hot Mama! Come on with me, I'll hold the door open for you - for a while, after then you'll have to bust through yourself ;)

Rosinante - your SW was fairly near to mine...and now you're at 180!! That's so much of a "get up and go" for me! Thanks for your support!

TraceyElaine
09-01-2009, 07:04 AM
That's wonderful. Good for you.

paisleyprincess
09-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Good job not getting up for that snack and Congratulations for getting under 230!! :cheer: I'm getting close myself and can't wait!

salsa chip
09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Ok. Today keeps on getting better.

Earlier I had a meeting, after which I went for lunch with one of my colleagues whom I know quite well. Amongst everything else, she told me that a) I look much better now that I've lost some weight, b) one of our bosses apparently thinks I'm brilliant at what I do, and c) one of our colleagues asked her last week if I had lost weight, because I look much healthier.

:o

:dizzy:

:carrot:

:D

Onederchic
09-01-2009, 10:58 AM
WOOOO!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! :cheer2::carrot::woohoo:

starfishkitty
09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm so happy for you!!! :D :congrat:

Shannon in ATL
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Yay for you!:high::congrat:

salsa chip
09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Thank you both!

(At the moment I feel a wee bit full, so right now I'm likely not 229 ;) but hey *whistle* as far as I'm concerned I stay this weight until I weigh again lol)

Serephina
09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
You are having a great week there salsa and you know what? You deserve it because you worked hard for it! Great job on the new weight! :bravo:

ANewCreation
09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
You've worked so hard--congrats!!!! Good job!!!

matafleur
09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Congrats! I am in the same spot you were a few days ago - teetering on the edge of the 220s. Yay!

Alana in Canada
09-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Congratulations!
That's the way to do it. Carry on!

salsa chip
09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
You are having a great week there salsa and you know what? You deserve it because you worked hard for it! Great job on the new weight! :bravo:

Thank you! Somehow it doesn't "feel" as though I've been working very hard - but I have. Not just physically, but mentally too - trying to come to terms with the fact that This Is It, and it's actually happening. The mental transformation feels more taxing than the physical, tbh....

You've worked so hard--congrats!!!! Good job!!!

Thanks so much! It's so encouraging to get all these messages of support from others who are journeying too :D

Congrats! I am in the same spot you were a few days ago - teetering on the edge of the 220s. Yay!

It's also quite terrifying...or challenging, I guess, depending on how you see it. One moment I wonder if I'm going to carry on going down, or whether I'll stuff it up again. But then the only person who's going to make it work is me, so if I want it badly enough, I should get off my behind and do it....

Congratulations!
That's the way to do it. Carry on!

Thank you! This is the furthest I've ever been able to get - so I definitely can't stop now :D

ubergirl
09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Good job!!

cincimom11
09-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Keep it up! I can't wait to get into the 230s!

matafleur
09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
It's also quite terrifying...or challenging, I guess, depending on how you see it. One moment I wonder if I'm going to carry on going down, or whether I'll stuff it up again.

I know exactly what you mean. When I drop into a new 'decade' I get extra motivated to lose a few more pounds as a "buffer" between me and the higher 'decade.'

salsa chip
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I know exactly what you mean. When I drop into a new 'decade' I get extra motivated to lose a few more pounds as a "buffer" between me and the higher 'decade.'

So glad I'm not the only one!!

fjcinzion
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Congratulations on getting below the 230's!!! :cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer3:

TaraLee
09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Whoot!!! YAY!!! Finding your inner Sexy Kitty Salsa? You do it girl!!

salsa chip
09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Whoot!!! YAY!!! Finding your inner Sexy Kitty Salsa? You do it girl!!

You wouldn't believe it.

Or...maybe you would. Iono.

But I can (sometimes) look at my face in the mirror and smile. I have nightwear that isn't sexy, but has hemlines that up until a few weeks ago I'd have sniffed at because they weren't decent (I'm coming out of a period of being uber-uber-Catholic, although I still go to Mass), they were scandalous, yardi yardi yardi. I have a pair of very very short shorts that I wear around the house. They show off the saddlebags at their worst...but I wear them in the full knowledge that my housemate could come home and see me (wouldn't bother her in the slightest).

I'm taking pride in my appearance. I de-fuzz each day in the shower and love the feeling of smooth legs. I don't have a huge variety of hairstyles, but I make sure it's neat and tidy (and when I take it down...my hair colour goes well with my eyes!). When I walk around I pull my shoulder blades back and together. I keep my chin level and my tummy muscles tucked in and firm. My step is lighter.

What the ****?!

Ok, this is not just the weight loss (depression, self-image issues, trying to overcome both and yet more on top)...but I'm less than 20lbs down. I've got a goal of losing 50lbs before Valentine's day. At times the prospect of all this becoming more so, more intense or whatever is just overwhelming.

And then being at goal weight - whatever that might be - I daren't think about it. I just daren't. It's scary and wonderful and terrifying.

Er...yes. That was me blathering on :dizzy:

TaraLee
09-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Blather away... I do it all the time. :D

I know what your talking about. I shave daily during my post workout shower, do my lil' face care routine and moisturize...everyday now!! Its so invigorating!!
I catch myself flexing my leg muscles or poking at sides and hips (which are still pretty fluffy but after a good workout, feel oh so much more firm!!) and walking upright, again (if I haunched any further I woulda drug knuckles, LOL).
And then at some point during my glorious observing of my awesome self, that hideous lil voice...I'll call him Steve, pops into my head to remind me... "Hahaha, fatty, you haven't even lost twenty pounds yet and you still have another 10times what you've lost so far to go, Muhahaha!!" And thanks to Steve I start fo feel overwhelmed, but than I sit back primp a lil' and tell Steve to kiss my ***! ;)

I'll be floored to hit goal. I haven't been that low since middle school! I wonder what I look like under here, lol :)

salsa chip
09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Strike three for Salsa: another colleague asked me today if I'm losing weight. Apparently it's coming off all over (how one sees that I dunno, but ok, I'm not about to quibble), but is especially noticeable in my face.

Duuuuuude.

Arrival time of Slim Sexy Salsa Chicky: dunno, but moving up even as we speak :D

Now I just have to figure out when I'm going to fit in a run today, or whether my mammoth cycling trip (to choir rehearsal and back) will make up for it. Calories are calories but I have a race to train for... :shrug:

SunshineCA
09-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Great! :)