Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/143/132

Height: 5.9

Default Hailing from the holy land!

Hi,

My name is Naama and I live in Israel (I haven't seen any other Israelis here but maybe there are some lurking in the corners?). Apparently weight gain and the difficulties of weight loss are universal... Looking for some support and just a place where I can share the little - but totally absorbing - troubles and tribulations of weight loss, exercise, diet, etc.

A little bit about myself:
I'm 43 years old and for most of my life have been really thin (1.75 m / 5'9'' and weighing about 55 kg / 121 lb). However, age and a very sedentary life style have taken their toll and I've really gained a lot of weight - at least relative to my build. Friends and colleagues tell me I don't need to diet but I shut them up when I tell them that my body fat percentage is 36% (! - in the obese range).
My goal is to lose 10 kg - I'm not looking to return to my youth weight as I don't think it's feasible or even healthy. Most important to me is to get trim and lean - I must lower that fat percentage to the healthy range! Of course, vanity plays a very big part also - I especially want to lose my 5-month-pregnancy-looking tummy. My fat tends to concentrate there and I have already been congratulated twice in the past few weeks (how embarassing is that?!).

Anyway, hope I haven't rambled for too long.. I really look forward to participating in this lovely forum!

Naama
Naama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #2  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Firstly for 5'9" ... 121 lbs is way below the recommended weight for that height. 149 is about the perfect weight.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:33 AM   #4  

Hi Michelle and Annie - thanks so much for responding.

Annie, I have a very long and lanky build. Trust me, I was very healthy with a very healthy appetite. You know, the BMI is only relevant for people within a certain - average - range of body type. It's not correct for body builders, for instance. They are very wide and stocky in relation to their height and their BMI will be very high, but of course they are not fat at all. I on the other hand all on the other end of the spectrum - my build is tall and narrow so even though my BMI seems low, it doesn't mean I'm not fat...

Naama
Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #5  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Naama! It's very nice to meet you!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:08 AM   #6  

Thanks Kim! I love how friendly this forum is...