Metabolic Research Center - Honey a no-no?

View Full Version : Honey a no-no?

kccross
08-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm trying to cut out the bread and melba toast, so I bought some oatmeal. I've never had stove top plain oatmeal. It's so - PLAIN!!

As it's Sunday my MRC office is closed. Can I use honey?? I'm thinking no, but I'm hoping!:?:

noahsmama
08-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I've never used it, but I don't believe so.

E4FEwife
08-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm trying to cut out the bread and melba toast, so I bought some oatmeal. I've never had stove top plain oatmeal. It's so - PLAIN!!

As it's Sunday my MRC office is closed. Can I use honey?? I'm thinking no, but I'm hoping!:?:

Mix in some splenda or sugar free syrup

starfishkitty
08-30-2009, 10:45 AM
What's wrong with honey??

loveamy
08-30-2009, 11:18 AM
What's wrong with honey??
1 tablespoon of honey contains about 64 cal., 17 carbs and 17 sugars.....basically it is all sugar which needs to be limited...I would choose something else like splenda or the SF syrup if I were you, Sorry:?:

kccross
08-30-2009, 08:40 PM
I just had my 1/4 cup of oatmeal at dinner and I put Splenda and a dash of cinnamon in it. WOW, it was good!! Was like a dessert! Thanks for the replies!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

starfishkitty
08-31-2009, 11:28 AM
But if it's figured into your diet properly.. isn't it better to have something natural made rather than made by man? I guess I'm trying to go the healthy but natural route than anything... :)

Biloxibound
08-31-2009, 06:54 PM
If you have any concentrate HNS it works well, the mixed berry is really sweet to me, almost too sweet, so i put it in my oatmeal.

wannabthinagain
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
If you have any concentrate HNS it works well, the mixed berry is really sweet to me, almost too sweet, so i put it in my oatmeal.

You put the HNS concentrate in your oatmeal? Really? I would have never thought of that, but I'm going to try it! Thanks for the idea!

kccross
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Oooo that's a good idea!

leahruthie
09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
on the topic of sweet things... where does watermelon fit in? is it allowed for our fruit on the green menu? i seem to have misplaced my menu :S

noahsmama
09-01-2009, 10:57 PM
on the topic of sweet things... where does watermelon fit in? is it allowed for our fruit on the green menu? i seem to have misplaced my menu :S

Yes..1 cup at lunch.

leahruthie
09-01-2009, 10:59 PM
OH awesome! :) my mom bought some amazing seedless watermelon at the farmer's market and i was really worried that i wouldn't be able to enjoy any. what a treat!

wannabthinagain
09-01-2009, 11:05 PM
OH awesome! :) my mom bought some amazing seedless watermelon at the farmer's market and i was really worried that i wouldn't be able to enjoy any. what a treat!

It IS great! And 1 cup is a LOT! Really a nice treat, glad you found out you can have it! Enjoy!;)

noahsmama
09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
now see I can't get enough watermelon..especially when it's GOOD! So sometimes 1 cup isn't enough for me :)

Biloxibound
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
You put the HNS concentrate in your oatmeal? Really? I would have never thought of that, but I'm going to try it! Thanks for the idea!

Your welcome!

LMBO i put it on everything that doesnt move!!!! :p

LOVE IT THOUGH i dont have to use splenda to sweeten it. I also cream my cottage cheese and make a dip for my fruit with the diff flavors. Add them to my tea (decaf of course) to make flavored tea.

really good (for me) on my toast too. i toast it, put my 5 squirts of butter and then my concentrate HNS and its almost like a sweet bread.

i will try ANYTHING once and i probably have with those HNS lol!

Dedge
09-17-2009, 07:40 PM
I use Brown Sugar Splenda (found in a smaller bag, next to original splenda). Of course you have to be careful with it and not use too much. But it is sooooooo good!!!

melNco
04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
I use Brown Sugar Splenda (found in a smaller bag, next to original splenda). Of course you have to be careful with it and not use too much. But it is sooooooo good!!!

yummm..I am going to have to check that out!