Old 08-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #1  
Metamorphōsis

S/C/G: 220/ticker/117

Height: 5'4"

Default Over/ Underestimating Calories

How to minimize that?

I'm using The Daily Plate, but we use metrics here and honestly cups and ozzes make no sense for me. But well, I'll try to get used to it and actually weigh things before converting the measurements, little by little.

Still, do you guys have tips how to count calories more efficiently/ surely? I could put a buffer or something so I might be able to avoid overeating, but I don't want to undereat either.

Thanks

Last edited by Symmetry; 08-30-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Hi Symmetry

I am not sure where abouts you live but I use www.calorieking.com.au to track my calories. It's an Australian site so all the foods/brands are aussie but you can input and create your own foods and meals etc. Everything is in metric.

Cheers
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

Lyria's suggestion is a good one. Also, my food scale has a little button I can press to switch between grams and ounces; do you have a food scale? If so, can you switch it back and forth? I sometimes switch over to grams because some items on TDP are given in grams. But if you can use Calorie King (Australian version), that might just be easier. Good luck!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Food scale is my savior!
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 AM   #5  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I'm with Lyria, use a website that is specific to your country. The US ones don't have the right foods or the right measurements, and there's too much estimation involved. I used to use SparkPeople, but now I also use Calorie King (the Australian one).
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #6  

I use caloriecount.about.com, my suggestion is to get a food scale (which can be very cheap depending on where you get it) to measure your food.
splendidsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote