Mini-Goals - Past the halfway point! Finally in ONEderland!

GypsyLove
08-28-2009, 09:57 AM
I think it's time I posted in this mini-goals section! I've been trying to get rid of this weight since January and I've finally past the halfway point to goal! I'm down 46 pounds with 43 to go! :yay: I've also made it to ONEderland which I havn't seen since 2003! WOOHOO!!! I've been overweight my whole life, I mean even as a toddler, a teenager, and an adult I've always been overweight or obese. Last time I lost some of my weight I only got to 177, still overweight. That's the smallest I've ever been in my adult life so I don't really know what normal will look like on me but I can't wait to find out! :carrot:

I started in January taking Alli which did help me a lot getting started but I didn't like the idea of having to keep taking pills everyday so I stopped after a few weeks. Then in February I started the C25k program which I loved and I've been running ever since! In May or June I started taking yoga classes at my gym and now I'm completely obsessed with it! :dizzy: I just started weight training this past week so hopefully when I reach my final goal I'll have nice muscles to go with my new body!

As for my eating, well, it wasn't great until July 5th when I went vegan! :broc: I feel so much better now! Other then that I havn't been following a specific diet, I don't count calories, carbs, grams, points, nothing. I just try to eat healthy and watch my portions.

As happy as I am with the weight I've lost I'm much more happy with the fact that I'm learning how to listen to what my body needs and doesn't need. I feel calmer most of the time and more energetic when I need to be. My blood pressure has come down to 100/66 when it used to be like 129/96. I rest when I need to rest, I play when I need to play, and I work hard when I need to. I'm just in general a happier person! :yoga:

Sorry for the long post I'm just so excited with all these changes that I needed to share! Hey if my mini-goal post is this long imagine my final goal post lmao!!! :hyper: Thanks for reading!

platformnine
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
CONGRATS!!! From one Jersey girl to another, I'm SUPER proud of you!! I'm now 4 pounds away from Onederland and I'm going to work hard the rest of the week to get there myself! Keep up the amazing work!

Ryanne
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm really glad for you. It gives such inspiration!:hug:

justaloozer
08-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Congrats!!! :hug:

Matilda08
08-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Congrats, You Should Be Proud

Onederchic
08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Hooray!! Congrats :cheer::cb:

cherry7211
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Wow! Great job keep up the good work! :)

GypsyLove
08-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Thank you all so much! :)

Windchime
08-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Congratulations, GypsyLove! (I like your name because I have a cat named Gypsy!) I just made it to onederland today for the first time in YEARS, so I think I have an idea on how great you must be feeling! Good job!

divinechaos
08-29-2009, 02:49 PM
congratulatioooooons :) I cannot WAIT to get back to onederland! ^_^ and yay for improving your health, I know how amazing that feeeels :D

fjcinzion
08-29-2009, 05:20 PM
You are doing GREAT!!! Congrats!!! :carrot:

LotusMama
08-29-2009, 05:43 PM
What an accomplishment! Congrats!

Cheers,

J

justmary
08-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Congrats! Keep it up!