Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Thumbs down can someone kick me in the butt??

alright...so heres the deal-

i havent been excercising, and my eating hasnt been too bad, but it hasnt been too good either..now heres my dilemma..

well i talk to myself (in my head) alot lately about how i need to work out, i have no reason not too..i am married, but we have no kids, and my husband works late alot..alright so then at work WE HAVE A FREE GYM...i mean, i could go after work, during lunch, or even before work (we have showers)...but i DONT..so im having a hard time with the fact i KNOW i need to get going..but im just not. GRR. anyway, thanks for listening, just need someone to shake me so i will wake up!!!!!!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

*kick*

Girl get your butt to the gym! I'd love one at work! I say go to work 1-2 hours early, work out, shower, and get ready there

That's what I'd do anyways!

Last edited by beerab; 08-27-2009 at 01:56 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #3  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Well all I can suggest is that you make it an essential part of your day. You wouldn't think of skipping a day of work because you didn't feel like it...so you need to make working out as essential as that.

I did it with going to class in university. I decided that even if I'd been out partying the night before, I would go to class. Even if I slept through most of it, i would be there and I think it helped me get through school.

In Secrets of a Former Fat Girl, the author calls this her INO... which is short for "It's not an option.

Make your workout as important as your workday and your relationship with your husband, and just do it.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #4  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Hmm...I don't mean to imply that working out should be more important than the people in your life...just to make it a priority.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Lucky, lucky you to have a gym at work!! Make use of it!! I think maybe you are putting it off because you think once you're there you'll have to workout for 1 hour at least and sweat like crazy and be all tired afterward. It doesn't have to be that way. You can start out for 20 minutes on the treadmill, stair master or elliptical. Even weights! Just go and do SOMETHING. If the idea of a gym bores you, take a walk outside. You don't have kids, so you don't have the distraction of seeing to someone else's needs when you get home (hubby excluded, he's an adult ). Take a walk outside for 20 mins, drag your hubby with you. Start out slow and then get going. In another month, you'll be feeling fitter and healthier.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Here's your kick -

Don't talk yourself out of doing things that are good for you. Set up a reward system..non food related..for each time you do a planned workout and for me, planning my workouts do help. Come to the exercise accountability thread, it helps me and others too. You seem to know what you need to do now get off your butt and get to doing it!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/199/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm so very jealous, I used to work at a place with a gym in the basement and as hard as it was to drag myself out of bed the beauty was that I could roll into the gym half asleep and by the time I was fully awake I had my work out in and my mind set was all new, it really helped get me motivated for a day of work, I can't really explain it but can highly recommend giving it a try, worst case is you go a week and decide it's not for you. My only caution for a morning workout would be to never never never forget essential clothing...its really not fun to realize you forgot your bra!
Good Luck!
mvlucero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

This is what you will be saying to yourself one day when you look back on this:

"I was such a dummy. I had free access to a gym, a loving supportive husband, and time on my hands to work out when I didn't have kids. And what did I do? I threw it all away just so that I could sit on the couch and watch reruns of Friends."

That sounds alot like what I say to myself now when back in college I had access to state of the art gym, olympic sized pool, and free aerobics classes. There were even students that were studying physical education and had to give free personal training sessions to earn credit! I could've signed up for dance classes for free too back then. I didn't do any of it... I never even walked into the gym!! Nowadays I want to do all of that but sadly there is a cost and I can't afford it.

Just THINK of how many busy Moms there are out there, running their kids to and fro, juggling a full time job, cleaning the house, getting healthy dinners on the table, and STILL have time to go to the gym. Whenever you think of not going to the gym just think of the people in the gym right now, on their lunch hours, after a 10 hour day at work, at 5am in the morning, and on their only day off. Or better yet, go down to the local track & field and just watch those elderly people walking for their health.

You owe it to yourself to do it, no excuses. Exercise is like brushing your teeth - your day shouldn't feel right unless you DO IT!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #9  

I could give you one, but with this economy, I'll have to charge you!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-27-2009 at 03:58 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
This is what you will be saying to yourself one day when you look back on this:

"I was such a dummy. I had free access to a gym, a loving supportive husband, and time on my hands to work out when I didn't have kids. And what did I do? I threw it all away just so that I could sit on the couch and watch reruns of Friends."

That sounds alot like what I say to myself now when back in college I had access to state of the art gym, olympic sized pool, and free aerobics classes. There were even students that were studying physical education and had to give free personal training sessions to earn credit! I could've signed up for dance classes for free too back then. I didn't do any of it... I never even walked into the gym!! Nowadays I want to do all of that but sadly there is a cost and I can't afford it.

Just THINK of how many busy Moms there are out there, running their kids to and fro, juggling a full time job, cleaning the house, getting healthy dinners on the table, and STILL have time to go to the gym. Whenever you think of not going to the gym just think of the people in the gym right now, on their lunch hours, after a 10 hour day at work, at 5am in the morning, and on their only day off. Or better yet, go down to the local track & field and just watch those elderly people walking for their health.

You owe it to yourself to do it, no excuses. Exercise is like brushing your teeth - your day shouldn't feel right unless you DO IT!

and this is what i tell myself!!! i have no good excuse, i dont even try to make up one lol..i know all this-and thanks for saying it again to remind me!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #11  

Start going for just 15 minutes. Do that for a couple of weeks. A goal as easy as that will be easier to keep. Then, once you're in the habit of going, you can kick it up 10 minutes a week until you're spending the right amount of time there.

That's what I did with walking. I DID NOT WANT TO. So, I told myself, "One mile. 15 minutes". I've been gradually increasing it and have found it helps me.

Going from not exercising to exercising 40 minutes a day was not an option for me. I played too many mental games to see it through. 15 minutes was harder to justify skipping.

**KICK**
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #12  
Baby Stepping Along

I'm in the camp of doing something even if it is small. Also, I get really caught up in the 'everday' thing and that just defeats me over and over.

Here's my 'kick' disguised as a suggested plan:
1. Next week is the beginning of September. Go to the Chicks up For a Challenge later this week (probably tomorrow) and look for the September challenge and sign up.
2. Decide what your goal will be. I suggest something like minimum 20 min 3 days a week for the month of September.
3. Get together your gear in a way that is easy to get to and from work. Shoes, socks, workout clothing, water bottle, I-pod. Get it all packed up this weekend and reward yourself if all you do is get it in the car.
4. Do it and report to the thread when you do. You'll get lots of love and I bet it won't even be all that hard to do more than 20 but if you really want to quit at 20, do. Don't break the bargain with yourself.
5. Figure out a nice reward for yourself if you meet your September goal.

Bonus points if you journal (even just a line in your day planner or whatever) about how you feel when it is DONE! You are going to feel so great that you are unloading that guilt off your shoulders.

I'm jealous. I would love to have workout facilities at work.
Peg

Last edited by p7eggyc; 08-27-2009 at 06:18 PM.
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote