100 lb. Club - I did my very first aqua class today!

hpnodat
08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
In fact its the only class I have ever taken. I liked it so much I took the next class. I ended up starting off with an hour of aqua aerobics and an hour of deep water jogging. I have never worked out for more than an hour. I had an awesome time and I'm planning to go back tomorrow morning.

Now I'm starving! I'm eating my lunch as I type.

I was the youngest person there. The next youngest person was at least 25-30 years older than me. The ladies and gents teased me about being a "young thing thats in great shape". I made me feel good to hear that. No one's ever told me that I'm in great shape. lol

SnowboundChick
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
I love aqua class. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I always find I'm starving afterward! Have fun! Our pool closes at the end of September for the winter and I'm going to miss Aquafit.

Matilda08
08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
I love swimming so I know I would love that class but my gym doesnt have a pool! And the college that I attend has a pool but no classes:)

AbbySinthe
08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
That is the cutest thing ever, you fit young thing!

Congrats on working out for so long. That's a great accomplishment. :) I've never tried an aqua class even though they have them at my gym (ymca) but you have definitely peeked my interest. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! :hug:

hpnodat
08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
After it was over I wanted to keep swimming but I was afraid I might over do it and not be able to exercise tomorrow. I wonder how many calories I burned. ;)

Essa415
08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Aqua aerobics have to be one of my favorite workouts, its like a relaxing swim mixed with a butt busting workout. It's a shame the gym I belong to now doesn't have a pool :( Enjoy your workouts!!

hpnodat
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Woah! I'm getting a massive headache now. I hope it's not related to exercising for too long. I'm going to go drink a big glass of water.

cfmama
08-27-2009, 03:14 PM
being in the pool dehydrates you QUICKLY. I always down at least a liter right after my swim.

shasha17a
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Water aerobics is fun. I used to take classes with my friend when we were in HS at our local community college. We were the youngest by far. I was always starving by the end.

princess jen
08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
i want to do it too. I just dont have time. I have two jobs, and never any free time.

But i always feel wonderful after, and i also need to drink a lot of water after.

hpnodat
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Wake up today feeling horrible and I still have a headache! I'm drinking my coffee now and waiting for DD to get finished eating breakfast so I can take her to school. I really don't want to go to the aqua class with the way that I'm feeling but I need to do it. I had such a good time yesterday and from what I hear its really good exercise. (this is me talking myself into going) I'll feel better after coffee and some breakfast. Then this horrible feeling I have now wont even be remembered.

gumboot
08-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Good for you! I've been thinking of joining and adding that class to my week with Jazzercise. I think I will now!

I spent one hour and 15 minutes treading water in my friends pool yesterday while my son splashed about. I really went at it, treading hard. I found last night I was starving and grazing all night. I said to my husband "what's wrong with me? This is crazy!". Now I know it is normal and will plan my calories throughout a swim day differently.