Old 08-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Fingertips still on the wagon!

Went for a 45 minutes walk last night. It was great. I haven't been walking much this summer at all but I've on occasion gone to the gym, done yoga, played the Wii Sports and Active, gone to aquafit, rode my bike with the boys, gone on a few hikes and done some of the many dvd's I have. The last three nights I've been walking while DH puts the kids to bed. I don't know how far I'm walking I would guess about 3 km but I keep forgetting to put my new pedometer on. I've also dug out my pilates dvd's and I forgot home much I loved them, or the feeling afterward.

So I walk at a fast pace and then I feel my legs start to burn and in the spring I would slow down but now I don't feel the need I just keep pushing it the whole time and after about 1/2 hour the burn is gone and I'm onto that blissful state when nothing hurts and it's just a good fast paced walk! I love that!

My week is getting better, still not eating on par but have an appointment with my nurse tomorrow morning. A visit with her always puts me on track. I'm not overeating at meals but I'm snacking between meals and not always the best choices. I'm hovering around 289lb this morning but also was paid a visit by AF this morning too!

The stress comes and goes but Hubby and I continue to talk and connect. The kids are doing awesome in school so far. I'm really like my 3rd Graders teacher. I still need to meet with him and discuss my son's behaviour issues but so far he's been on top of it. The boy is smart and likes to be challenged and right now they are working on space, so he's doing a special project with my son after school at the daycare with him and making a spaceship! It's rockin'!!

So I continue to make my way and I'm just so happy I have all of you as support. I love coming here everyday to read. I'm not a great poster or responder and things I say sometimes have already been said, so I'm shy!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I think you are doing great. You know where you need to improve and are taking steps to get there. The exercise will help you so much. It's great that you are able to use it to cope with stress. Soon you'll be replacing the snacking with healthier coping skills. Just keep moving forward, you'll get where you want to be!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Good job keeping contact with that wagon!

It sounds like you have a lot of variety to keep yourself active, which helps keep it interesting. When I've gone for a walk, nothing feels better than to spend a few minutes stretching afterwards--I would totally recommend it. It soothes that soreness, and I can tell that I'm more flexible. You see results almost immdediatly if you stick with it.

And to find out how far you've walked: I use this website through Prevention.com. You can plot where you walk on a map, and it tells you how far you've gone! http://www.prevention.com/mywalkingmaps/ (A few times it hasn't worked right, but usually it does!)
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Shall I staple your fingers on for you? lol!!!! Sounds like you are working through your issues though and I am confident that the wagon will stay in clear sight for you.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #5  

Sometimes I wonder why I just don't click and stay on plan like some of you. We are all different i guess but I feel at least I'm staying committed even if I slip up and stall for a bit.
Thank you ladies.
Paris: I totally love a good stretch after walking as well!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I think everyone falls off plan from time to time. Since starting this 5.5 weeks ago, I've slipped 4 times (the 4th was last night). I'm back on now though! (Nervous though, as I'm going to the state fair tomorrow!)
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowboundChick View Post
Sometimes I wonder why I just don't click and stay on plan like some of you. We are all different i guess but I feel at least I'm staying committed even if I slip up and stall for a bit.

I hear you. I have a problem with the snacking betw meals, not so much overeating. sometimes I get frustrated with myself because I know I'm so close to really getting a good momentum going, then I get my TOM, go on vacation, or just oversnack (or a combination). I know I'll do it, but I am making it slower. I do believe keeping at it no matter what has been the lifesaver for me.

there's something about walking/hiking, I love that feeling too.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowboundChick View Post
!
The secret is that you don't give up if you slip. Look how far you've come! I love that song by Matchbox twenty, How far we've come, it's on my ipod. Getting back on the wagon shows your determination to win the battle.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I read someone's signature, or maybe I found it on a weightloss motivation qoutes site
"If you fall down the stairs and land half way, you don't throw yourself down the other half!"
What other workout DVD's do you have Snowbound? I'm thinking of expanding my library but I'd love some imput.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #10  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Nobody is perfect, we are all human, and most of us slip here and there... I make the slips part of my plan. That way I don't feel deprived. You'll do just fine.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #11  

I have a bunch yoga, pilates, biggest loser, tae-bo, walk away the pounds, another one with leslie sansome with a stepper and some ball and resistance band workouts, i can't remember what else right now. Hope that helps. I love tae-bo but I'm not up for that just yet!