Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 8/24/09

Good morning! I know this is a late start to the thread but I figured better late than not at all!

It's been busy here with the start of the fall semester. It's hard to believe that classes have started. DS #2 is really enjoying getting to know his class mates and is getting involved with things on campus. It's a little bitter sweet.

I'm still struggling with my weight--the last two weeks I had losses and this week I put 2.8# back on--I have no idea what to do other than to wait it out until my meds are regulated. It's so frustrating! I was feeling good and it's frustrating when you go for a WI and see a gain of almost 3#...ugh!

Anyway, last night I had a bit of a meltdown with eating--between being tired, frustrated, and a bit irritated it made for a bad night. We had a get together for our German group to get volunteers signed up for the festival and there was beer, hotdogs, and chips. Needless to say, I had more than one hotdog and a couple of beers (they went down really good).

Today is a new day and with that I'm hoping to get myself regrouped and back on track.

So how's everyone else??
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, Sorry about the gain--that is so frustrating. I could have passed up the beer, but chips and dogs--yum!

DH and I are headed out on vacation to Massachusetts in the mountains. It will be great to get away. I need a vacation badly. I haven't started packing yet, so I'm a little stressed (always do that to myself.)

I'll write when I return.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #3  

Have a safe trip and enjoy the time off!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 6'2"

Default Hello all

I am Alan from Australia, and am not a chick (just in case you didn't notice!
I am happy to stay if you want me...I have been on 3FC for a bit over a month, and would like to converse with people who are confident they will stay on track.
I hope I am now, havinf been about the same for several decades plus or minute 10 pounds!
Anyway, I would like to hear your stories, and we could trade compliments
Or insults!

Not really

Alan
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #5  

Welcome Alan!

We've been a little lax in posting the past few weeks but now that the busy summer season is behind us we should get back into the routine.

I'll get this week's thread up and running
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #6  

Thanks ladies, you have made my day...I thought I had forgotten to shower

The weather here is unseasonal..we are heading towards summer and it was around 28 C today so an early beginning.
Good time to put in the tomatoes methinks

We do grow a fair few of our our vegetables..and always tastes better.

I hope I can help get you ladies posting again..

Any takers or talkers?

Bye for now
Alan
Old 09-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #7  

Alan: Each week we begin a new thread so join the conversation We're heading into Fall here and apple picking. Our tomatoes didn't do so well this year because we had a pretty cool summer and the heat came late so the crop is much smaller. The weather has been strange for us.

I love being able to get fresh produce--there's nothing quite like it.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #8  

Thanks Melissa, I guess your weather is similar to ours right now, but we are headed into heat and you the cold.
Am I right in thinking that most people disappear off 3FC when they reach their weight loss target, and you and the others here are the exceptions?
Do you keep coming back because of your friendships, or you want to encourage others...or both?
I am here because I am encouraging others to lose weight, and it is good to talk to those who have made it...so to speak. We all know it is a change of life not the loss of weight that really counts...
Alan
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #9  

Alan, you're right, enough people drop off because they've met their goals or just drop out because life gets busy. Our group here has been keeping in touch for quite some time, we've had members come and go, but the few of us who remain enjoy keeping in touch and being supportive to each other. I know I check the other threads as well and I think Lori and Lisa do as well. I feel it's important to encourage and offer support to those who are struggling and sharing their triumphs. I still attend my weekly WW meeting and it's rare that I miss. I enjoy it and when I've had my struggles I've been able to share them with my group and it helps. I celebrated 10 years at goal/lifetime this past July.

I really enjoy the change of seasons and the leaves here are beginning to change.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #10  

Hi
I have my first broccoli this year...have had a good season so far...still waiting for the others (beetroot, onions, carrots to mature) for the summer crops are pumpkins, cucumbers and the usual tomatoes.
Have enough garden size to grow quite a lot, which is a real blessing from the health perspective.
When not in the garden, I walk, work on my blog, and write...burier now before I retired
Is anyone else here apart from Melissa and myself?
Alan
Old 09-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #11  

Alan--welcome. I've been lifetime for 7 years and it's always a struggle. I like that you encourage others. I've done the same--it's great to encourage others and see them meet their goals. I've been communicating on this week's thread. Come join us.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #12  

Hi Domina,
Good to talk, and keep up the good work! BTW.You share a birthday with my daughter (28)

Good to see a few tall ladies here, makes me feel less conspicuous!

Which thread were you referring to Domina (for encouragement)?

I also encourage people on my blog which I began about 3 months ago, and getting a few lookers.
It's new to me, but am enjoying the ride!
Alan
Old 09-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #13  

Alan, It's the Thin4Life thread in Lifetimers--we update it each week.