Old 08-26-2009, 03:13 AM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default Scale woes - and when to invest in a new one.

I have a habit of weighing myself each day: I get up, visit the ladies' room, go back and weigh myself. Then about half an hour later I'll do the same, and I'm often a pound lighter or so.

Only today on the second weighing...I was heavier. After having visited the br twice, and not taking anything in.

Is something bizarre going on in my innards, or is it just time to get a new bathroom scale?
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Most definitely get a new one! Mine was the same way and it drove me crazy!!

When you're trying to lose, gaining half a pound can be painful, so why put yourself through that unnecessarily?? There was a thread a while back where a bunch of chicks recommended the EatSmart scale on Amazon that was a reasonable $30 and I decided to get it and I have SO not regretted it! I LOVE my scale. It tracks it to the decimal! It's made my weight loss journey that much more rewarding and exciting... no more stress about a random pound or two that REALLY shouldn't be there!!

Here's the linK:
http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Digit...1271430&sr=8-1
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:40 AM   #3  

Thanks Your cheeriness as well as the advice is something I needed to hear

I have to head into town for a meeting today, and so I'll stop by the shops and pick up a new one. Thankfully even one that's digital and can measure body fat and the like aren't too expensive. This one I have now is a couple of years old, so heaven only knows what it's been through!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

don't get the digital biggest loser scale, mine is off by 5 lbs on any given day.

I use my wii fit now.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post
don't get the digital biggest loser scale, mine is off by 5 lbs on any given day.
I have the Biggest Loser scale and mine is actually very consistent...

You may want to consider weighing yourself less often. It can make you crazy if you pay too much attention to how your body fluctuates throughout the day. I usually weigh once in the morning and once before bed... it's very consistent for me.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfishkitty View Post
Most definitely get a new one! Mine was the same way and it drove me crazy!!

When you're trying to lose, gaining half a pound can be painful, so why put yourself through that unnecessarily?? There was a thread a while back where a bunch of chicks recommended the EatSmart scale on Amazon that was a reasonable $30 and I decided to get it and I have SO not regretted it! I LOVE my scale. It tracks it to the decimal! It's made my weight loss journey that much more rewarding and exciting... no more stress about a random pound or two that REALLY shouldn't be there!!

Here's the linK:
http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Digit...1271430&sr=8-1

I've been using the eatsmart scale for few weeks now. It seems pretty good. I get consistant results. My husband is funny. **TMI comming** He weighs himself before and after the bathroom. He weighed a pound less after going one day. I told him that I pretty much weigh the same afterwards. He said it's because his is "man P@@P". ha ha, mine must be full of air.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #7  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

My scale drives me nuts! It gives off an "E" reading if you're too heavy for the scale, and if I don't stand on it just right, I get that E instead of my pounds reading (I guess my weight is still too close to the limit on the thing).
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post

I use my wii fit now.
My BL scale is very consistant. It does weigh me about 2lbs heavier than the scale at weight watchers, but it is consistantly 2 lbs heavier. I've only had it a few months though. Hopefully it holds up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenity View Post
My scale drives me nuts! It gives off an "E" reading if you're too heavy for the scale, and if I don't stand on it just right, I get that E instead of my pounds reading (I guess my weight is still too close to the limit on the thing).
I weighed myself at my sister's place the other week and got the E. She has the Thinner scale, I guess you have to be thinner to use it

Last edited by Aclai4067; 08-26-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #9  

I got my new scale today! It's basically a fancier model of the one I had before. Weighs you, takes fat % and water %, measures bmi, and - get this - makes recommendations for you. Like, I stepped on and it told me to change my diet (lol) and drink more water.

Somehow I don't think it'll be replacing my doctor's appointments. But it's kind of funny all the same
Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

i think i'd get annoyed with my scale telling me to change my diet every day. f-you scale, this takes time
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

That happens to me all the time. Sometimes I weigh right before bed, and right as I wake up, and I am heavier in the morning. Once or twice I've yelled at the scale to "Stop defying the laws of physics!"
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #12  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Angry

This is kind of creepy. I was going to start a post about this today. I went to the bathroom 3x before I ate anything. I weighed each time and the last weight was about a 1 LB over. Glad to hear it's the scale and not my body doing weird things!
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck View Post
That happens to me all the time. Sometimes I weigh right before bed, and right as I wake up, and I am heavier in the morning. Once or twice I've yelled at the scale to "Stop defying the laws of physics!"
ROFL! I should have tried that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickieLou View Post
This is kind of creepy. I was going to start a post about this today. I went to the bathroom 3x before I ate anything. I weighed each time and the last weight was about a 1 LB over. Glad to hear it's the scale and not my body doing weird things!
o_O gmta!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #14  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck View Post
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote