Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #1  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Default It has been tough tonight

Well during the day was simple. From around 6pm and on, I have wanted to eat and eat so I went and had a yogurt and some pretzels but nothing is filling me up. It is day 2 and it hasn't been as bad as I thought but tonight is just really hard.

Last edited by Trix4u; 08-25-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Here are some of my tips:

1) Leave the house
2) If you normally eat after dinner, do something to interrupt your routine
3) Sip hot tea slowly
4) Call your mom
5) Read success stories to stay motivated
6) Brush your teeth, floss
7) Paint your nails
8) Complete a needed task (organize a closet, clean out the frig)
9) Write down your goals
10) Visualize yourself at goal
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Also - it's only day 2 and you're still revising your plan. Did you eat enough during the day or are you legitimately hungry? Maybe it's normal for you to be hungry at night and you should plan a healthy snack. Maybe 6:00 is too early for dinner and you should eat a little later. Personally, I find pretzels a terrible snack. The empty carbs can make me hungrier. A nice Greek yogurt should be filling. Look for high protein foods to stay satiated.

Don't be afraid to revise your plan to be successful.

Last edited by Glory87; 08-26-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

When my friend has those nights, she gives it up and goes to bed. Sometimes she goes to bed very early.

I save up so I can have a 1/2 cup of Blue Bunny Vanilla Fat Free Frozen yogurt. Only 90 calories, but it tastes sinful. So if I cave and have something else, I can't have the yogurt.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I find herbal teas really work. There's so many different kinds, and you don't have to add sugar or milk or anything to them (unless you want to). And because it's water, it's very filling.
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #6  

I do great all day and struggle at night too. For me, it's not a nutritional thing, it's a habit thing. Nighttime was my "eating time".

I make sure I'm eating enough during the day to know that my evening hunger is not "real hunger". I plan a snack for the evening too. If I'm *STILL* struggling, I make a cup of decaf coffee and sip it. Coffee dulls my appetite and I think of it as a kind of dessert. It "signals" that I am done eating.

Someone on here told me to turn off the kitchen light and declare it "closed" for the evening. That really seems to help, too.

It's getting easier the longer I do this. Hang in there!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I second having the teas, there are alot of good kinds out there. I have a collection of atleast 30 different ones, buying new ones that look interesting as I see them. Celestial Seasonings has good flavors, and my favorite is the Stash brand, their chocolate hazelnut is delicious!

If you aren't too sensitive to caffeine at night a cup or 2 of coffee could help fill you up also.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I don't like tea, but something warm helps. Maybe if you're not the tea type you can do a warm cup of low calorie hot chocolate? As far as snacking goes, I am the same exact way. I always just want to eat and eat and eat in the evening. (I think it's my hubby... he makes me fat Just kidding!) A little baggie of kettle corn usually helps because it's more volume for less calories.

Make sure you're drinking enough water during the day and getting enough calories. I know alot of times I want to binge when I get home because I haven't eaten enough during the day.

Good luck!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote