Old 08-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default It's been one of those days!

I've been "hungry" all day. I ate my meals and snacks and I'm still "hungry". I drank tons of water and I'm still "hungry". I watched a movie and I'm still "hungry". I come to 3FC and read and look at all the progress pics, and I'm still "hungry". I exercised to keep my mind busy, but yep you guessed it... I'm still "hungry"!

I stayed on plan and I actually still have 170 calories left for the day. I think I'll save them, I'll probably have a salad later on.

I know you know the feeling... You eat your dinner, you know you've had enough to eat but you're still "hungry" for something else. It's been like this all day long. These are the days I fear the most when I'm so desperately trying to stay on plan so I can become a healthier person.

Foods start calling my name. That evil temptation rears it's ugly head and says "go ahead Glenda, you can make up for it tomorrow, one bite won't hurt". But I know it will hurt. It's times like these that I know if I give in and have what ever it is I'll most likely eat the whole bag, box, package, etc...
But on a good day, I can have these same foods and be ok with it. I don't eat the whole thing and I can have a reasonable portion.

It started yesterday, My 8 yr old daughter wanted to eat pizza. I let the temptation override and I wound up inside the pizza place. Then something miraculous happened. They told me the buffet was just over and I would have to order off the menu if we wanted to eat. I knew we wouldn't have enough time to order something so off we went to Wendy's, my go to FF place for half way decent and healthy fast food. I don't eat there very often though, only when needed really. I did fine for the rest of the day.

And then... Today happened. Like I said it's been one of those days and I just needed to vent a little and I figured I'd vent in a place where other people actually understand me. I actually feel better now that I got it out. Less "hungry" now.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Those days are horrible! I had one like that a few days ago. Luckily today was better. Way to stay on plan! I guess fate conspired yesterday to make sure you didn't eat pizza!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

What are you craving?

For me if it's chocolate I allow myself an 80 calorie pudding or 60 calorie low fat fudge bar.

Also I find high fiber foods help with that "I'm hungry" feeling

Last edited by beerab; 08-25-2009 at 08:20 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I tend to go to hot air popped popcorn when that happens. I can eat a bunch without any damage.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Well, the whole thing about it is I'm not really hungry. I just think I am. I'm not really craving anything in particular, I just want all of whatever I'm eating. We had roast, green beans, broccoli and rolls last night for supper. I could have ate everything on that table if I had allowed myself to. Its the binge feeling I'm getting and my TOM is coming soon too so that usually triggers a binge for me. I just need to learn how to work through it and not feed into it when it happens.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Were you tired? I've found that missing just a bit of sleep seems to increase my appetite.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #7  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Well I did get up at 6:30 because school started back and all summer I have been getting up later, at like 7:30- 8:00. maybe that's it too. Hmm...
Old 08-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

The week before tom is awful for me, I have to really fight the snacking then. I've learned to recognize it and that makes it easier to control. Keep tracking your food, seeing the calories add up keeps you aware. Eating as many vegetables helps too. Dr Oz says if you get enough nutrients your body will feel satisfied and will stop craving more food. Not sure if that is 100% true all the time, but I do think it helps. I cook up a huge bowl of veggies and eat that and it helps.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote