Metabolic Research Center - Only loosing a one lb a week

View Full Version : Only loosing a one lb a week

JERZGERL
08-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Is anyone having this happening to them. I am 100% faithful to the MRC slim plan. Taking in at least five HNS a day and all supplements.

E4FEwife
08-25-2009, 08:26 PM
At my center they told me that 4 was the max (5 only in a dire emergency.) This is day 25 for me and my weight loss is only at 11 lbs. The past couple of weeks has been at a crawl and I am 100% following the plan. What's the deal??? I'm with you.

ali g
08-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Is anyone having this happening to them. I am 100% faithful to the MRC slim plan. Taking in at least five HNS a day and all supplements.

Jerzgirl: We have a lot in common. Your post could have been from me! I'm also a Jersey girl and go to the Cary center and I am only losing 1 - 1.5 pounds a week. They also told me to up the HNS to 5. That did help, as I had about a week and a half with no loss, and then lost a pound the next week. They also told me to drink 3 fiber drinks a day, and I did that for 5 days, but then I stopped. I exercise a lot which should help. I've been on MRC for 10 weeks and lost 15 pounds. I have 15 more to go. I will be weighing in later this morning and expect a 1/2 pound loss for the last 5 days. It is frustrating, as they said I would lose 3 pounds a week, but I am happy for what I have lost.

JERZGERL
08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks ali g for the info. At least I am not alone and like you I am frustrated with the results so far but my body is changing with the inches I am loosing. Since you are at the Cary center maybe we have seen each other. I do go to the 11:00 Connections classes. I have gray hair and glasses, say hi.

cmb9697
08-27-2009, 11:35 AM
No you are NOT alone. My weight loss, while plentiful in the first 2 weeks, has come to a screeching halt. First 2 weeks were perfect, 3 pounds a week. The next 2 weeks were 1, 1, .5, .5, and today at WI I was at ZERO. We're hoping I'm hitting my first plateau. I'm happy to have lost 10 in a month, but I'm with you guys in this boat...

Spiritofsuccessnyc
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Where is the center in NJ? I have been ordering everything from a center in Oregon where my friends told me about MRC.

I live in Manhattan HELP!!!

JERZGERL
08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
If you go on th MRC website you can find their locations.

reuselady
08-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Where is the center in NJ? I have been ordering everything from a center in Oregon where my friends told me about MRC.
I live in Manhattan HELP!!!
http://www.emetabolic.com - click on the USA map, then click on the click here Looks like Cary, North Carolina might be the closest MRC to you! Not close enough to drive to though! Jerzgerl may be from 'Jersey, but I think she is coming to Cary MRC (and I'm going to find out who she is, come Monday at our Connections Class! I'm the reddish haired old lady).

jeanette

JERZGERL
08-29-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.emetabolic.com - click on the USA map, then click on the click here Looks like Cary, North Carolina might be the closest MRC to you! Not close enough to drive to though! Jerzgerl may be from 'Jersey, but I think she is coming to Cary MRC (and I'm going to find out who she is, come Monday at our Connections Class! I'm the reddish haired old lady).

jeanette

Hi Jeanette, I think we might have been sitting next to each other last week. See you Monday.
gb

Biloxibound
08-31-2009, 06:59 PM
i know its easy to say but a pound is a pound and having it gone is better than having one gained. DONT get discouraged!

shopgirl
09-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I am on the yellow menu--tomorrow is my last day of it then I switch to the blue one on Thursday. Since this is my first week, I thought I'd wake up to find a lb off the scale each morning or something....so many people talk about losing 5-7 lbs the first week. I'm THE EXACT SAME! I'm geting really discouraged....kind of like, "what did I sign up for?" I've spent so much $$...for what?? Sigh. I so want to see a big loss my first week. I'm 100% following this diet to the T (driving my boyfriend nuts with it, too). I know Friday is a few days away but still, it's been a few days since Saturday when I last weighed in..... I need words of encouragement! :(

Micharick
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I am frustrated, too. Was up .5 at WI yesterday and by my scales at home, up another .5 today. 100% OP, doing 3-4 HNS daily and the only thing I can figure is that I have started to consistently do my walking DVD. Does anybody think that could have something to do with it? I plan to strictly measure everything and see what happens on Friday. I feel like crying and just might on Friday if things don't get better.:?:

bodiemo
09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Two things that come to mind when reading most of these post.
1) You first weeks of weight loss will always be quick as I've experienced it on most weight loss plans that I have tried. It is generally water weight.
2) If you do any reading on the internet about the weight loss plateau, it is a natural occurrence and while frustrating it is actually a good sign. Also, when I hit my plateau my counselor had me try the "Quick Slim" plan for a few days to get my body over the hump.

JERZGERL
09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
It seems that my losses will be 1-1.4 lbs a week. I guess slow and steady is going to win this race. EVERYONE hang in there, that's what I'm doing. The good news is is that I have lost a total of 18 inches (I'm at my 8th week) and that is really showing.

kccross
09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Are you on any of their supplements? Like MRC-6 or Corti-Trim?

mountain gal
09-01-2009, 11:25 PM
i went in for my WI today n nothing. :( after 3 miserable days of cucumber n cabbge eating (3rd day into my yellow menu ) Wanted 2 ask the rest of u who's been there n done that .. when did u (initially) start seeing the weight loss happen? was it quick in the beginning? did u notice significant weight loss only after u got on 2 the green menu? any tips? im op to the t and drinking all the H2O
i was fine n motivated the whole day .. then i went in 4 my WI and pretty much the whole evening looks crappy 2 me . all i wanna do is drown in a big fat tub of creamy butter pecan.. the only reason i haven't done so is bcoz i dont have any within the next 20 miles :( :(

Dolly
09-01-2009, 11:45 PM
It's frustrating. However, I'm clinging fervently to the theory that this plateau will end one day and the weight will melt off again.

This is NOT the time to give up. This is the time to stick to the plan and wait for the big payoff when it's all over.

shopgirl
09-03-2009, 12:05 AM
i went in for my WI today n nothing. :( after 3 miserable days of cucumber n cabbge eating (3rd day into my yellow menu ) Wanted 2 ask the rest of u who's been there n done that .. when did u (initially) start seeing the weight loss happen? was it quick in the beginning? did u notice significant weight loss only after u got on 2 the green menu? any tips? im op to the t and drinking all the H2O
i was fine n motivated the whole day .. then i went in 4 my WI and pretty much the whole evening looks crappy 2 me . all i wanna do is drown in a big fat tub of creamy butter pecan.. the only reason i haven't done so is bcoz i dont have any within the next 20 miles :( :(

I'm with ya, girl. I weigh in on Friday but I got on the scale today and I'm down 0.8 at home and that's it! I start the blue menu tomorrow but I am kind of freaking out and wondering why I am not losing! I am drinking 4 HNS's and 1 fiber/day (during my 12 hr shifts like today and tomorrow). I really want to see a good loss on Friday in the worst way ever! Ugh. Hang in there....I will, too. We'll see how the blue menu treats us then on to the green menu! You can do it!!!! :hug:

Dolly
09-03-2009, 12:18 AM
shopgirl,

The twelve hours shifts are hard at first because you're STARVING, but eventually it makes it easier to stay OP.

reuselady
09-03-2009, 12:36 AM
I wish I had wonderful words to console you gals who are trying so hard, staying completely on program and not showing big loses. The only thing I can think of is each of our bodies are different. You may be losing fat but filling the fat cells with water - this is what happens when we hit a plateau. Eventually the fat cell collapses but for a while, it tries to retain its shape by filling with water. It seems strange to have a plateau so early but as frustrating as it is, it may not be that unusual. Do not skimp on what you are supposed to eat. MRC over the 25+ years it has been in business has figured out the right balance of protein, carbs and fats for each meal to get our bodies just into ketosis which is when our bodies burn our own fat for fuel. If you get too few calories, you may go into 'starvation mode' where your body refuses to lose, hanging on to what you have, thinking a 'famine' might be coming. You will start to feel tired and fatigued if this happens and we don't want that! You should get the Tanita body comp weigh-in when you have been on the program for 2 weeks. That will show if you are indeed losing fat (and also if you are hydrated enough).

Stay strong, beautiful women. You will see results. Instead of a tub of 'creamy butter pecan' try a tub of bubbles, with soothing music and candlelight if you can! You have earned it! :hug: jeanette

RonnieAdl
09-04-2009, 12:12 AM
I wish I had wonderful words to console you gals who are trying so hard, staying completely on program and not showing big loses. The only thing I can think of is each of our bodies are different. You may be losing fat but filling the fat cells with water - this is what happens when we hit a plateau. Eventually the fat cell collapses but for a while, it tries to retain its shape by filling with water. It seems strange to have a plateau so early but as frustrating as it is, it may not be that unusual. Do not skimp on what you are supposed to eat. MRC over the 25+ years it has been in business has figured out the right balance of protein, carbs and fats for each meal to get our bodies just into ketosis which is when our bodies burn our own fat for fuel. If you get too few calories, you may go into 'starvation mode' where your body refuses to lose, hanging on to what you have, thinking a 'famine' might be coming. You will start to feel tired and fatigued if this happens and we don't want that! You should get the Tanita body comp weigh-in when you have been on the program for 2 weeks. That will show if you are indeed losing fat (and also if you are hydrated enough).

Stay strong, beautiful women. You will see results. Instead of a tub of 'creamy butter pecan' try a tub of bubbles, with soothing music and candlelight if you can! You have earned it! :hug: jeanette

Thank you Reuse Lady, that was very encouraging to hear. I am having a sort of non loss week although I gained 1.5 in muscle so that is a good thing!

Ronnie:hug:

mountain gal
09-04-2009, 01:11 AM

:thanks: u may be rite .. i did have some long time gap between my lunch n dinner (without a HNS snack in between )n some days i just had 2 min HNS (those crazy busy days) .guess my body went on a starvation mode .. now im trying 2 be more conscious every day ..
i really feel that this forum is helping 2 make this program a lot more easier thanks 2 u amazing ladies :)

JERZGERL
09-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Are you on any of their supplements? Like MRC-6 or Corti-Trim?

Yes, I take both of them.

JERZGERL
09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Finally hit my 10lb loss. Like I said slow and steady. I don't think I will ever have a week with a big drop like some of you. But I'll take what I get, a loss of any kind is better than a gain.

Lori123321
09-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I understand your feelings. You are doing everything you can and still the weight holds on. I have experienced a plataue before every 10 pound loss. It is frustrating. My losses have been slower then I expected but I have been through a lot this summer. I have learned a few things along the way. Even OP, you still have stumbling blocks. Cottage cheese has a lot of sodium, so if water retention is an issue, decrease the use and take B-6. The store brand is fine. Don't throw all your money at MRC. Cut down your use of cheese to once or twice a week. Watch exercise, if you do more then the 30 min 3xwk then you might want to cut down. More could put you in starvation mode. In other words your body goes into hibernation. Cut creamies to once a week. Don't do the meal replacement bars. Change up your diet if you have fallen into a rut of the same things every day. Stress will decrease your loss and have your body store fat for "hard times". So deal with what you need to deal with and not let it hang over you. If someone is ticking you off, have them killed. Only kidding! Talk with them and set boundaries. You will feel empowered.
Stay strong. Plataues suck but are a necessary evil. The fat cells hold onto water to retain their shape but the cells can only do this for so long.

:hug: to all

JERZGERL
09-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I understand your feelings. You are doing everything you can and still the weight holds on. I have experienced a plataue before every 10 pound loss. It is frustrating. My losses have been slower then I expected but I have been through a lot this summer. I have learned a few things along the way. Even OP, you still have stumbling blocks. Cottage cheese has a lot of sodium, so if water retention is an issue, decrease the use and take B-6. The store brand is fine. Don't throw all your money at MRC. Cut down your use of cheese to once or twice a week. Watch exercise, if you do more then the 30 min 3xwk then you might want to cut down. More could put you in starvation mode. In other words your body goes into hibernation. Cut creamies to once a week. Don't do the meal replacement bars. Change up your diet if you have fallen into a rut of the same things every day. Stress will decrease your loss and have your body store fat for "hard times". So deal with what you need to deal with and not let it hang over you. If someone is ticking you off, have them killed. Only kidding! Talk with them and set boundaries. You will feel empowered.
Stay strong. Plataues suck but are a necessary evil. The fat cells hold onto water to retain their shape but the cells can only do this for so long.

:hug: to all

Thanks Lori for all the hints, I will try some. The only hard one is the limit of the creamies to once a week. It tends to be a lifesaver for a chocolate fix and I do use the soup ones also for variation to my meals. JERZGERL (Gloria)

JERZGERL
09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
18 inches gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dedge
09-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Everything in life worth keeping around is worth fighting for :carrot:
Stay positive.....the scale is going DOWN...not up....even if it is slowly...IT IS STILL GOING DOWN. Hang in there :hug:

Dolly
09-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Dedge,

How nice to see your posts. Hope you and your husband are doing well.

reuselady
09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Congratulations Jerzgerl! Feels so much better as clothes start fitting looser. Hope you have a good weekend - see you in connections class Monday. jeanette

Goose
09-19-2009, 08:23 PM
I began this program by losing anywhere from 2-5 lbs a week. For the past month, the loss has slowed to 1 lb a week. Has anyone else experienced this decrease in weight loss? It'll take me forever to get the next 25 lbs off at this rate. :(

reuselady
09-19-2009, 11:50 PM
I wonder if the changing of the seasons has anything to do with rate of weight loss? Do humans have an innate tendency to 'store fat' for the winter? If so, that may make it just that much harder to lose at this time of the year. Kind of like when we do not get enough calories and our bodies go into 'starvation mode'. As an anthropology major, I realize we humans are basically animals and lots of things are going on that are not under our control. Gr-r-r-r, well, we'll just try that much harder! :)

Lori123321
09-20-2009, 04:46 AM
I wonder if the changing of the seasons has anything to do with rate of weight loss? Do humans have an innate tendency to 'store fat' for the winter? If so, that may make it just that much harder to lose at this time of the year. Kind of like when we do not get enough calories and our bodies go into 'starvation mode'. As an anthropology major, I realize we humans are basically animals and lots of things are going on that are not under our control. Gr-r-r-r, well, we'll just try that much harder! :)

That's right! We fight! I am not going be a fat storage facility!

shopgirl
09-20-2009, 02:35 PM
That's right! We fight! I am not going be a fat storage facility!

That made me laugh :D

desilu0
09-20-2009, 06:51 PM
lol, you guys crack me up.
And I also think we just have this Darwinian need to store fat during the winter months in case we have no food. Man I wish evolution would catch up.
But seriously, everyone is different and will lose weight at different rates. And some weeks it could be 1lb and then there's a big drop.