General chatter - Lingerie frustrations

View Full Version : Lingerie frustrations

Optical Goddess
08-25-2009, 11:05 AM
I went shopping for some lingerie. I'm not a veteran to this by any means, and apparently not to savvy with the 'styles'.

It goes like this:

Oh look, that's a pretty bra/corset/bustier and those panties ( I hate that word ) are pretty, too..

Then I turn them around and it's a freakin' thong!

To quote Charlie Brown "Aaarrrghh!".

I would have to have the buns of a Grecian statue carved from marble before I'd don something that draws attention to my cheeks. This girl has some ample booty! I don't even dig wearing a thong with pants as a way to prevent visible panty lines, but to wear a thong in front of my husband....No.Way.In.****.

I'm sure that if I expanded my search area to more stores, I would probably have found something I liked, however I'm still in the process of losing weight, and don't want to throw down mad cash for something that may not even fit in a few months.

Thank your for listening, and to bra manufacturers, thank you for your support.

rocketbunny
08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
I bet your husband loves your "ample booty" and would enjoy seeing it in a thong. :) Might make you feel daring?

I'm a little biased. I can't stand the VPL that always shows up with even the "no VPL" panties that have come out in the last few years. I'm all thong, all the time except MAAAAYBE if I'm wearing a skirt and want more coverage just for decency.

juliastl27
08-25-2009, 06:40 PM
im not a thong wearer either. i buy a lot of stuff from victorias secret online. better selection and no annoying sales people, lol.

Optical Goddess
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't think my husband digs the booty, as he's made several comments as of late that 'the 'tocks ( short for buttocks. My husband and I are wierd ) are shrinking...

I'm a very timid person when it comes to 'my humps', but it may prove eye openning if I can get my husband to go shopping for such things with me....

Perhaps I'd feel differently about it if I thought thongs were comfortable. I've gotten used to them, view them as a necessary evil, but I'd be a big liar if I said I didn't notice them.

Hmmm....

HotWings
08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I wore the "butt floss" panties when I was younger & about 50 lbs lighter, but not because of panty lines. They made me feel sexxxy & a little naughty. :s:

I probably will again when I get close to goal!

SO frustrating to see cute lingerie in the panty style you don't like, though!

Windchime
08-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I just don't think I will ever be a thong girl. I tried a thong once and it felt exactly like I thought it would--like I had a piece of thick string wedged between my butt cheeks. I kept feeling like I wanted to pick it out. I don't know how people can wear those things!

mygritsconfessions
08-25-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm with rocketbunny - thongs have it. I hate panties riding up, or feeling stuck, or just uncomfortable. I have been wearing thongs for years, and love them. No, I don't feel like I have something stuck up there.....lol.....I tend to buy a size bigger so it doesn't do that. I never have to bother with panties riding up, or even panty lines, because I don't have that happening. I also feel sexier in them for my husband. I do have one pair of granny panties, as my husband calls them, for when I do wear white pants or certain dresses.

JulieJ08
08-25-2009, 11:02 PM
It was never my butt checks where thongs rode up and wedged :o I agree, it's frustrating when the cutest "sets" are built on thongs.

RMatS
08-26-2009, 04:10 AM
I also feel thongs are a necessary evil. I've gotten used to them, but they're not really comfortable, no matter how stretchy. However, I have to point out that they're pretty much required if you work at a job where you wear dressy pants. Without them, I can't lose the panty lines completely (unless I wear Spanx) and it's not professional to be calling attention to my booty. Plus, I'm really, really hippy so that's the part of me I'd like to cover up/disguise.

Now, that being said, I think you should consider the thong for your husband. One of the best pieces of advice I've ever gotten is that guys are usually so happy that we're showing our bodies to them (and are hoping it leads to sex, of course) that they overlook physical flaws. Even at my size 18, jiggly like jello with cottage cheese worst, I've found it to be true. I'm betting your husband will love it if you can expand your horizons!

harrismm
08-26-2009, 04:38 AM
I think I have solved your problem.Several years ago I started going comando...no panty lines or bothersome thongs.Its very freeing........:).

WSChick
08-26-2009, 05:15 AM
LOL !!!!

I absolutely HATE the word "panties" too, it makes me cringe and want to throw up and I don't know why !?!?!?! I avoid that word by all means !

megwini
08-26-2009, 06:06 AM
harrismm, doesn't that get your pants dirty? I only wear underwear because otherwise I get well.. discharge on my pants, and discoloration. I don't think I'd like that much.

Minya
08-26-2009, 06:19 AM
I love thongs under pants for the no panty-line affect, but all this talk about butt cheeks is cracking me up XD its probably because I'm half asleep...

But wear your thongs proud!

JulieJ08
08-26-2009, 10:06 AM
harrismm, doesn't that get your pants dirty? I only wear underwear because otherwise I get well.. discharge on my pants, and discoloration. I don't think I'd like that much.

Um yeah. Very true. Plus the center seam is not friendly :(

harrismm
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
LOL!No.I wear pretty loose clothes.I never though I would be panty free either until several years ago when some physician friends of mine were telling me that they never wear them under their scrubs because when they are in the OR and get blood or other bodily fluids on them, it would wick through their underwear.So I thought OK, I will try this.LOVE it.Since then, I have talked to many who dont wear them!!!LOL!Clothes are actually much more flattering without them.Comando RULES!!

Optical Goddess
08-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm very timid sexually, so me wearing a thong infront of my husband is hard to wrap my mind around. I'm a girl who doesn't hardly wear shorts and when I do they are on the bermuda/longer side. It's like reading Cosmo where they have all these sex tips, things I can't even think of doing right now.

Part of it is also that I've tried thongs in different sizes and different materials and always have the same result: they become swallowed up and held hostage by my butt cheeks. That doesn't feel sexy to me at all... there's also the element that I don't think they are that sanitary, being wedged up there and in front and moving around...just not my thing.

Yesterday at work I wore one, because of the pants I was wearing. It worked for work, but yes, I took those things off asap when I got home.
I've tried boy shorts, which I think are sexier-----.

I'm gettin' boyshorts today I think. If I get the lacey kind maybe they will stay where they should. Usually the 'leg' part rolls up above my thigh, making hugely noticeable VPLs.

LoveIsCool
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I've never considered wearing a thong (or it's silly cousin, the g-string) mainly because I have a pancake butt and you need some apple cheeks to make a thong look right.

You might look at boy shorts as a great alternative if you have a rounder bottom. They boy cut is really flattering if you got a little junk in the trunk and there's the added bonus of not being called panties!

Shopping online gives you more opportunities and less fear factor than shopping in person, unfortunately undies can't be returned no matter where you buy them so you have to do some trial and error to get the right look for you.

jayjay77
08-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I have the exact same pet peeve! Especially when I find a great bra on sale and the only matching bottom is a thong. I have a few thongs that I wear to avoid VPL but really never got into the thong. Plus they often cut into my love handles and actually make me look fatter than a normal pantie. I love lacy boy shorts too along with the basic bikini and for me a string bikini can be flattering too as long as the fit is good.

lizziekeadan
08-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I honestly cannot understand how someone could wear a thong during the day and not be pulling out their wedgie every five minutes. I totally think they are overrated, although my husband loves them so I wear them only for him at home. (Still not comfortable). I have some seamless undies from victoria secret that I wear with dress pants, and they do not move, and I have got a big booty. So, I think trial and error, as others mentioned, is the key.

This thread is cracking me up though...seriously. I cant stop laughing.

Optical Goddess
08-26-2009, 11:56 AM
great suggestion. I'm also happy that they're not called 'panties'. I don't know why that word gets to me, but it does...

What is the difference between a thong and a g string? Is it the thickness of the 'string'? Does that really make a difference?

I once asked my husband if he liked thongs, he made a face to the negative. could be his actual opinion or it could be that he's too embarassed to admit to digging the thong.

I think much of it has to do with how comfortable the wearer is in said unmentionable. If I'm a volcano of confidence in boy shorts but awkward as all get out in a thong, that'll make a difference.

I'm also very happy that I'm not alone in my thinking. :)

I've never considered wearing a thong (or it's silly cousin, the g-string) mainly because I have a pancake butt and you need some apple cheeks to make a thong look right.

You might look at boy shorts as a great alternative if you have a rounder bottom. They boy cut is really flattering if you got a little junk in the trunk and there's the added bonus of not being called panties!

Shopping online gives you more opportunities and less fear factor than shopping in person, unfortunately undies can't be returned no matter where you buy them so you have to do some trial and error to get the right look for you.

JulieJ08
08-26-2009, 12:58 PM
I think a great boyshort is great under pants. But a lot (even most) of undies that are called "boyshorts" are still cut to cut across the butt cheek. You have to look for the ones that are designed to sit below the butt cheek. Still, I find that some still ride up and some don't, just like regular undies. But when you find a pair that doesn't, stock up! My problem with a lot of boyshorts is that, unlike most panties, a lot of them are cut with a center seam, and that is uncomfortable to me. The cotton gusset is too small or just apparently not up to the task of blocking that center seam.

About not liking the word "panties," that's funny, because I don't really care about the word panties, but I'm kinda irritated by the term boyshorts :D

Etudes
08-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I can't wear thongs either--too uncomfortable. I think Im the only plus sized girl in America without an ***.

My trainer and I have a goal: lose the gut and find a butt!

Windchime
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I honestly cannot understand how someone could wear a thong during the day and not be pulling out their wedgie every five minutes. I totally think they are overrated, although my husband loves them so I wear them only for him at home. (Still not comfortable). I have some seamless undies from victoria secret that I wear with dress pants, and they do not move, and I have got a big booty. So, I think trial and error, as others mentioned, is the key.

This thread is cracking me up though...seriously. I cant stop laughing.

Me too! LOL. And I agree about the wedgie; I hate it when my regular underwear creep into my crack so I can't imagine putting something there all day on purpose! And whomever said that they felt like the thong was held hostage by their butt cheeks--good lord, I got the helpless giggles over that.

Yeah, I'll stick with my regular Hanes undies or my string bikinis that I got from Lane Bryant (love em!). I guess that I"m not all that concerned about panty lines and if I am, there is always the commando option like others have mentioned.

TXJess
08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
My favorite pair of undies (which I unfortunately no longer fit into) are boy shorts that yes, do cut across the rump cheeks. They're black and lacy and made my butt look SO awesome. My husband would see me in those and it was.. well, always a fun night after that. :D

Thongs I find very uncomfortable and my husband doesn't even find them attractive so I generally steer clear of them. I agree with the previous poster that I'd want to pick it out of my buttcrack all freakin day. Yucky.