General chatter - Topix to advert. business?

View Full Version : Topix to advert. business?

4myloves
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
So, I sell Tupperware, and today I went on Topix.com and just randomly selected zip codes to advertise my business.

Have any of y'all ever done this with your own business? Have you had any luck/any response from it?

It automatically "fills in" the link (parses?) to go directly to my site, so surely it can't HURT my business. I used to have my phone # listed on my site, but I figured since I was listing on what is basically a gossip site I'd be better off removing that bit of personal info. :dizzy:

Anyone know any good zip codes that might be interested (as interested as people get on Topix) in Tupperware?

4myloves
08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Well, I posted my topix discussions yesterday, and, so far, no hits!

Guess I'm getting the answer to my question I posted here!

If any of you ever try it, I hope you have better luck than I'm having. :) It's free, though, and I just had to try. :)

Quiet Ballerina
08-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I've never heard of that site....went to check it out...I'd never use it personally. Way too messy and too much information everywhere. It's overwhelming.

4myloves
08-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I'll probably stick to Craigslist and paid classifieds for now.

I just wish I could find someplace FREE with lots of traffic (where there aren't already 1,000's of Tupperware reps!). :devil: