Old 08-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/282/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Lunch??!

I am alomost through week one(this go around) of my lifestyle change and overall I am very proud of how I have done so far. I have been excersing and trying to make better food choices and writing down everything I eat & drink. I am concerned about my lunches though.
Last week I mostly ate Lean Cuisine meals for lunch since they are so convinent. Today I brought a Healthy Choice Sweet Asian Potstickers, but it was too spicy for me. ( I have never liked spicy food, but since having my gallbladder removed, I CANT eat it, or I am miserable) So after my 1.30 mile walk during lunch , I ran to Subway. I thought I was making the right choices (lite mayo, cucumbers, lettuce, salt/pepper, a tad of oil & vin with turkey & ham on flatbread) But WOW...once I got back to my computer & started figuring, it was about 500 calories!!! I know the frozen meals are bad b/c of the sodium, but if its 500 cal vs 300 for a frozen meal, which one is truely better?
Also, if anyone has ideas for lunch other than the frozen meals, please let me know. I will bring leftovers from dinner throughout the week when I can, but other than that, I have no ideas. I work full time & my son has football for 2 hours 3 nights a week, so I am normally not home till 8:30, then we do dinner & get my son ready for bed. Then its time for me to do homework (online class). So I do not have much time to prepare things for lunch. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks & Good Luck to all!!!!
scgirl1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Subway isn't bad if you stick to the light menu. I don't get cheese or mayo and I really don't miss it anymore.
http://www.subway.com/applications/N...px?id=sandwich
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah I used to get a turkey sub with no mayo, add mustard, no oil, yes to vinegar, no salt and pepper, and load up on veggies and that was 300ish calories for a 6 inch.

I will chop up salads at home and get them ready for the next day.

I also purposely make larger dinners and pack up a portion to take the next day for work

Last edited by beerab; 08-24-2009 at 03:34 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Time crunch!! Ouch! I'd recommend packing simple lunches from home the night before. Couple minutes to make yourself the turkey sandwhich (wheat bread, ovenroasted turkey breast, light mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomatoe...270 cals) and buy some ready to go sorta veggies, fruits and snacks to throw in with it... like those lil' baby carrots, apples, pears, bananas and those 100cal. pack of crackers/chips. Wahh-laa. Simple, easy, calorie controlled and bonus...cheaper!!
If brown-bag lunches aren't your thing look for the frozen "meals" (not the tv dinners but the meals next to them). I LOVED, LOVED the garlic, chicken noodles dinner (Walmart brand). I'd make the whole thing and divide it into two (even better cause I got two meals out of it), take half, have it with a salad and some fruit, so yummy!! You could always do the pre-made frozen meals and divide them up per your calorie requirment
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote