Old 08-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #1  

Height: 4'11"

Default Checking in

Hey, sorry I haven't been around much. My kids going back to school has been bad, depression wise. I've really let it throw me for a loop. I'm just glad my kids don't know what's going on with me. They had a great first week of school and I'm ready to pick myself up. And yes, I've been in the junk food. Not terrible, but I definitely will not make it to Aug. 25 junk food free. I didn't want to scrap my signature line completely though, so I just tweaked it.

I'm not feeling bad about eating the junk though. It really just confirmed what I suspected: 1. Junk food tastes pretty bad (except for ice cream, that's still pretty yummy) and 2. It makes my depression worse and makes me feel like crap. So no more of that. It's not worth it.

Of course, once one thing slides everything else slides. I haven't exercised as much, or eaten enough fruit and veggies, or drank enough water etc. I'm going to weigh this morning and hope the damage isn't too bad.

I hope it's not too difficult to get back on the wagon. I don't think it will be, but we'll see. In any case, hard or not, I'm back!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
In any case, hard or not, I'm back!
Atta girl!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm sorry to hear that you've been fighting the depression. You're right. Junk food does tend to make it worse. Sugar really triggers me. But, you are back in the saddle and ready to try again. Good for you! You deserve this!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling good. That must be tough having our kids go back to school.

95% junk food free is great! I mean, we're human, not saints! I've read in a few different places that it's best to eat well 80-90 % of the week, then 10-20% can be not as healthy food. So you're still doing better than that!

Good job picking yourself up and posting--it would be so easy to fall right now!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm sorry to hear that your kids returning to school has been so hard on you. But you see they've had a great first week and you can take comfort from that and look forward to many more great weeks for them.

Also glad to see that you're not letting a little side step throw your convictions out the window. You're getting right back on track. THAT is the key. No more letting a slip up derail you. RIGHT BACK ON TRACK!

Glad you're back and I look forward to hearing you get back in the groove.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back in the saddle! I am sorry to hear you've been down but the wonderful thing is you haven't given up! We are all allowed a little slip once in a while and as long as you pick yourself back up and keep moving, it will be fine.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote