100 lb. Club - Anyone had Skinny Cow desserts?

View Full Version : Anyone had Skinny Cow desserts?

Jo Kittibuck
08-24-2009, 03:57 AM
I've heard such good things about the Skinny Cow truffle bars, and I see they have cones and ice cream sandwiches as well (omg chocolate peanut butter). The numbers look nice, but how do they taste?

Has anyone had them? Are they everything ice cream should be, or do they taste like cardboard?

sophiebean
08-24-2009, 04:06 AM
i've had some of their ice cream and hot chocolate... both where yummy... you can't tell it's lot fat!

girlonfire
08-24-2009, 06:49 AM
They are awesome!!!!

Serendipity
08-24-2009, 07:03 AM
I haven't tried them yet, because I'm terrible with ice cream -- once I start eating it, I overeat. Even though they're lower calorie, I'm afraid I'd have the same reaction, especially if they're really good!

rockinrobin
08-24-2009, 07:26 AM
I haven't tried them yet, because I'm terrible with ice cream -- once I start eating it, I overeat. Even though they're lower calorie, I'm afraid I'd have the same reaction, especially if they're really good!

This is me as well.

Ice cream is without a doubt the food I most abused. I simply can't be trusted around it. It can never, ever be in my home in any shape, manner, form or capacity. I would be through a box of those Skinny Cow's in minutes. I know for sure that I couldn't stick to just one.

Now that I'm done losing weight and into the maintenance portion of my journey, when I want ice cream - I do it outside of my home. At a diner or an ice cream parlor. This way I stick to what I ordered and can't go back for seconds.

Aclai4067
08-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Of the low fat ice creams out there, I'd say skinny cow is one of the best. But I can still tell it's low fat.

chris313
08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
The peanut butter/chocolate flying saucers are delicious, but deadly:devil: I too could eat the whole container in one sitting.

Smiling_Sara
08-24-2009, 08:43 AM
yes, i talked about them about 2 or 3 weeks ago on here. They are in a word, awesome!

wendyland
08-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I've only had the sandwiches and cones. The cones are dreamy. They are surprisingly good. I love the solid chocolate at the bottom of the cone. It's like dessert for your dessert.

sweetandspicy
08-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I love the mint ice cream cones and the skinny cow dippers are both great. I also like the Edy's frozen yogurt blends

crcossel
08-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I just discovered these (thank to costco samples) and I LOVE them! It makes portion control a snap and even my husband loves them. We both love ice cream sandwiches :)

momof5k
08-24-2009, 11:14 AM
I have tried the ice cream sandwiches and they were pretty good. Not Hagen Das good but not cardboard :)

Tai
08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I think they're very good and it's a great way for me to have only one portion when I want ice cream.

diyana
08-24-2009, 01:39 PM
I love Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. Blue Bunny also has some really good LF desserts...but be careful, not all Blue Bunny is low cal/low fat.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
These are okay as an occasional treat, however, they do have quite a bit of sugar in them. Personally, I like to go out for a real ice cream treat at the ice cream shoppe on special occasions. Ice cream is my downfall. I'm better off not having it in my house....in any form.

H8cake
08-24-2009, 01:59 PM
I love the skinny cow's too. The pre-portioned aspect of them works great for me. I've made rules for the kids that they can only have one a day, otherwise they would be gone in a flash. This keeps me from overeating them as well. When I first started I would have them every day, but then I found other things that I could have that gave more volume and nutrition and still satisfied the desert need. Now I have a skinny cow or the weight watchers ice cream bars or 100 calorie klondike's occasionally.

CLCSC145
08-24-2009, 03:15 PM
They are good, but I can't have them around. I bought a box at Costco (40, I think) and I swear they were gone in a matter of a couple of days. Ice cream stored in my house is a VERY bad idea. I'm better off hauling myself to McDonalds for a 150 calorie ice cream cone than fooling myself into believing I'll be able to control myself with a stash of the stuff at home.

More power (and jealousy ;)) to anyone who can keep that stuff in their homes without succumbing!

cfmama
08-24-2009, 05:37 PM
If I am having an ice cream craving I'll buy a box of 5... and then we ALL have one at dinner and then they are gone! lol!

I love the skinny cow cones and the ice cream sandwiches.

Gela
08-24-2009, 09:16 PM
The bars and cones are good. I don't like the sandwiches though. They don't taste right to me.

TJFitnessDiva
08-25-2009, 10:32 AM
I love the chocolate truffle bars :)

Sandi
08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
My favorite is the chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. It's perfect because they are pre-portioned and for some reason I don't over-do with them.

StellarGirl
08-25-2009, 05:05 PM
i really like them. my husband is obsessed with the cones...he says he feels like he's having a Drumstick or something substancial for dessert!

Lyn2007
08-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah. I've had them. See this hip? That's them, right there.

I used to buy these thinking I would have ONE once in awhile. Every time, I would eat the WHOLE BOX in one sitting.

Ice cream is a trigger food for me. Ice cream sandwiches are probably one of the BIGGEST triggers I have. I can eat a dozen regular ice cream sandwiches in a sitting.

For me, IF I have the calories and want one, I am better off walking to the convenience store and buying ONE normal one for 170 calories.

thisisnotatest
08-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I really don't like skinny cow. I know they put stuff in them to 'fluff' them up so that they taste fattier then they are, but to me the mouthfeel is all wrong. They a wierd artificial thickness to them that just rubs me the wrong way.

I agree with everyone about portion control. Overall even ben and jerry's isn't evil if you don't over do it.
So if you don't have issues with overdoing it, I say stick with just the real stuff when you want it.

letstryitagain
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
They taste good, but afterwards I feel like I didn't eat anything. In the end it is very unsatisfying to me. It's a weird feeling that I chalk up to consuming fake foods. I have done better with eating low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt. Even the sugar free Breyer's ice cream is better for me. While it has artificial sweeteners, it's more "real" and satisfying.

puffcakes
08-26-2009, 12:24 AM
skinny cow ice cream is awesome! it is very real and very good... the cones are 3 points; the chocolate sandwich is 2 but even better than the cone. try them!