Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default 100 lb Accountability 24 - 30 August

Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #2  
Nicole

Hi lovelies,

My goodness, lots of activity and new faces last week. I have read the thread, but so much was happening, I'm going to apologise for not doing personals today. But welcome to all the newbies! Fantastic to see you!

Anyway, last week was busy for me and I'm hopefully back now and will try and post more often. It was a good week - bonuses were paid so I did have a bit of a shopping splurge - 2 new tops, a dress, some trousers and I've got a skirt on layby as well. I also bought a new phone and a few little things as well with the bonus.

And there was food. Lots of food. I ate out Friday lunch and dinner, Saturday lunch and Sunday brunch. Honestly, that's more than I eat out in 2 months, all in 1 weekend! Of the meals, the Friday dinner was the pick - it was a Morrocan restaurant and I loved it! So going back there again. And it was healthy too - but we'll ignore the half a bottle of red wine I drank, won't we.

This week, it's back on plan week. Monday is in the bag and it's been a good start, now I just have to keep it up for the rest of the week. I went to the gym first thing - and finally the street lights are off when I leave the gym! Yay! Tomorrow, I've got the weekly appointment with yummy evil trainer - lets see what torture he puts me through then!

Talk to you all tomorrow - I promise.

Have fun!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

nicolen--Thanks for getting us started. Sounds like you had a busy weekend!

I did better yesterday, not great, but certainly better. Today will be EVEN better!!!!

I am SO tired this morning...stayed up way too late last night, it will be an early to bed night for me tonight!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

Went grocery shopping yesterday and I've planned my calories and menu for the day. This is the first time I've planned my day in quite a while. I see weight loss in my future! I overcame my first hurdle this morning. The sugar said "Hello" when I reached into the cabinet for my Splenda. I shut the door on it and pretended not to hear. Some things don't deserve good manners!

Nicolen - We missed you last week! So glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your bonus.
MJ - I'm so very tired today, too. One of these days, I'll learn to not stay up so late and sleep in so late on the weekends. It really makes my Monday mornings extra rough.

So, here is my menu for today. I was very surprised to see that it was only 1530 calories as it looks like a large volume to me.

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, toast with smart balance and a cup of Chocolate Silk
Snack - Yoplait Chocolate Raspberry yogurt
Lunch - Roasted Turkey Breast Lean Cuisine
Snack - Clementine and cheese stick
Dinner - Barbecue Chicken, lima beans, sauteed yellow squash and onions
Snack - Toast with 2 tbs of peanut butter

Have a great on plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Had a good weekend, only overate once. Homemade marinara sauce is evil! Of course, I only make it a few times a year, so I guess I'll live. The sauce isn't bad - it's just veggies - but the bread and pasta is another story entirely. :-)

Today is:
B - 2 slices toast with peanut butter
S - Yogurt with a little granola
L - big salad
D - thin veggie pizza
S - 100 cal fudge bar
E - 1 hour walk

Have a great day, everyone!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I had a good weekend. Stayed on plan, although Friday night I ate some stuff for the wrong reasons (not for hungry), so I was disappointed in myself for that. But at least I was able to control myself and stay in my calories.

I've been eating a lot of high sodium foods this week, which isn't necessarily bad as long as I'm under my calories, but it does seem to show up in water weight on the scale, which is can be discouraging even though I know it's not fat weight.

Today I'm having:
B: Yogurt, Fiberone, Veggie bacon strips
S: Raspberries
L: Couscous and Chickpea Salad
S: Blueberries
D: Butternut Squash lasagna, zucchini and red peppers on the side
S: WW ice cream

I just put it in my daily plate, and it's 1501 calories.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #7  

Happy Monday! I'm not really a Monday person, but I'm faking it today. I had a decent weekend. I had a few splurges, but also biked for an hour with hills and took a couple walks. I can't believe I made it out of the weekend with weight lost for the week. It's motivation to keep it up.

B: I still can't figure it out. maybe a tomato?
L: leftovers. I made a pot of bacon, green beans, and potatoes
D: vegetable stir fry with tempeh
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Rhonda--yea, me too...maybe! LOL!!!

traci--mmm, homemade marina sauce! The bread is my downfall too...

paris--I did the same thing yesterday...I ate some pretzels, which tasted good until I hopped on the scale this am....

Wendy--great job w/ the exercise this weekend! I'm not a monday person either and today is especially hard for some reason!

Hi again! Just popping in before I go to the gym. I WILL do my planned workout...just needed to remind myself of that, I think. I have to stop at the store on my way home, but I will NOT be tempted by snacks!

I am still really tired....guess I need to get to bed earlier tonight!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

nicolen- back on the wagon today! We'll overlook the wine

girlygirl- I went grocery shopping yesterday too! It was MUCH needed. I can't seem to stop making chili in the middle of summer I love it!

traci-I feel ya on the pasta. I used to eat 2+ cups and make myself sick and bloated, now I eat 1 cup and can barely finish it. thank god for that internal shut off valve that I seemed to have recently aquired cuz I can NOT stop with pasta normally. ha.

paris-I feel ya on the water weight, my rings are tight today and I haven't been drinkiing enough, time to get on that! just the bare minimum (8 cups) but have been sweating a lot during exercise!

wendy- good job on the exercise!

mj5- have fun at the gym!

I'm off to exercise myself in a few here.

today: 1513

b: 2 egg white with 1 slice cheese sandwich on wheat
s: triscuits
l: cheese pita pizza
s: triscuits and 1 oz extra sharp cheddar
d: naked bbq seitan burrito

trying to do 60 mins of exercise today, since it's a cardio and strength training day I might get 90 mins in if I'm feeling crazay!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I worked out today. It was a good workout, but I wasn't feeling like being there. I hate it when I'm like that. I know it stems from having my weigh in and showing a .8 gain. I know that isn't much, but it was enough to put me in a bad mood. Yes, gains happen and staying the same happen... and I'll get over it. But not today.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:17 AM   #11  
Nicole

Right, I am sore. Very sore. Yummy evil trainer worked me very hard today - squats, lunges and several horrible exercises involving a medicine ball. Nasty, nasty stuff and if I'm sore now, what am I going to be like tomorrow?

I've got the day off tomorrow - got told yesterday that I had to use it or lose it by the end of the month. I'm not going to do much - there's a few things to do at home and I might go to the beach since it's supposed to be 19 degrees Celsius tomorrow. This isn't right for August - that's the sort of temperature we'd see in November!

MJ, how was your workout - and your visit to the shop?

Rhonda, go you for ignoring the sugar - and that menu sounds fabulous for just over 1500 calories!

Traci, I agree with you on the pasta and bread. They're 2 of my weaknesses as well!

Paris, good job on staying within your calories, even if your food choices weren't the best.

Wendy, awesome stuff with the exercise and weight loss!

Lottie, go you with the exercise! Brilliant!

Diane, I know what you mean about not wanting to be at the gym. And 0.8 is nothing - it'll be gone by next week.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks....summer work is over (yay) - and we had a wonderful three days in Michigan with my DS, DIL, and GS. My GS is so fun at 2 1/2!!! He calls me 'B'. (love it)

Today:
Thank you's for summer work
Billing to folks that haven't paid yet
stretches and strengthening
meditation
put fork down between bites
lots of water

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, tangerine
lunch - open face tuna salad, green bean salad
snack - cheese toast, carrots
dinner - small pork chop, corn, zucchini on the grill
snack - sf cocoa, cin. toast

I hope you are all doing well!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-25-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

Nicolen - Hope you are enjoying your day off.
Diane - I'm so sorry that the scales were mean this week. Dumb scales! Give them a firm kick and keep going.

Phew! I made it through on-plan day 1. I'm really looking forward to another on-plan day. It wasn't an easy day. Not getting enough sleep the nght before and withdrawing from sugar made me extremely fatigued. I went to bed early and feel very refreshed this morning. And, no middle-of-the-night acid reflux! Overeating is so much fun, huh?

Today is a 1700 calorie day:

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, toast with Smart Balance spread, cup of chocolate silk
Snack - Strawberry whipped yogurt
Lunch - Leftover barbecued chicken and lima beans
Snack - Apple and 2 tbs of peanut butter
Dinner - Chicken Tacos
Snack - Weight Watchers Key Lime Pie

Have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 08-25-2009 at 07:36 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Another beautiful day outside, so I think I'll go on a bike ride.

B - 2 slices whole wheat toast with peanut butter
S - yogurt
L - leftover veggie pizza
D - grilled chicken salad
S - 100 cal fudge bar
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #15  

Morning all!
B - Scrambled egg, "Green Smoothie" w/spinach, kale, strawberries, huckleberries, and flax seeds (sounds terrible doesn't it - actually tastes pretty good)
S - veges w/ Laughing Cow
L - Big salad w/ grilled chicken & homemade caesar dressing
S - 10 almonds
D - Tilapia, green beans, tomatoes, zucchini
S - (If I'm anywhere near hungry) NSA Fudgesicle

Last edited by waquilter; 08-25-2009 at 10:14 AM.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote