LA Weight Loss - La food Substitutes in Canada

View Full Version : La food Substitutes in Canada

mj2007
08-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi All,
This is my 3rd week at LAWL- S'toon. I just finished my 1st Take-Off 2. I found that the R.W. Knudsen Juice(Take Off juice substitute) and the Luna bars(LA lite substitute) are both available in Real Canadian Superstore Organics section.

The juice costs between 3.99 to 5.99 a bottle( varieties available). The bars cost 1.69 for all varieties.

It is a great news I know...and thought of sharing with everyone.
MJ

riylee
08-22-2009, 11:19 PM
yay!! which superstore? 8th or confed?

mj2007
08-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Yay...I know!!! :)

Itz 8th street superstore...I think Aisle- 19. Right behind the Organic food shelf!!! Hopefully...they will continue stocking up as more and more people know about it and there is an increasing demand!!!

riylee
08-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Went to superstore in confed last night and they had the luna bars!!! But they had two kinds... one had vita info on the package while the other one didn't

I brought the 4/$5.00 - the other ones were 1.99 per or 12/1.50??? or something like that, so I just went with the cheaper ones and hope they are the ones!!

Couldn't really find the juice tho -- they was r.w. knedsun?? juice there but I wasn't sure which was the sub for take off -- and it was pricer then the sun-rype version I've been using for take offs; so I think Im going to stick with sun rype :O

-R

mj2007
08-24-2009, 04:53 PM
You might want to check the one at 8th str...i thought i saw more varieties.
The R.W. Knudsen juice label is for 250ml whereas TO-juice label for 125 ml. I bought the pinapple-coconut one for $5.99 i think. It has 170 cal per 250 ml and 41 g carb...which is 85 cal and 20.5 g per 125 ml.TO-juice is 100 cal and 25g carb per 125 ml. Therefore...pretty close.
I prefer this one to sunripe because the R.W Knudsen is organic just as TO-juice while sunripe is not.
But I guess...whatever works for you...should be good!!! ;)

Dan2112
08-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok.. For you Canadians.. Back bacon counts as 2 F and 1 P... :lol: Sorry!! Couldn't resist, eh?

mj2007
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi ladies

There is another great Take-off juice substitute available at the Real Canadian Superstore.It is called Kiju ( organic) blend of mango,oranges and grapes. The best part is the juice is available in packs of 3 individual boxes of 250ml.110 cal each with 26 g carb and 100% vit C....no need to add water and mix!!!
Tastes better than TO-juice actually.
They cost 2/4.00 ....so 6 boxes of 250ml each for $4.

MJ

Catway8
09-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I have fallen off the wagon. I put on 30 pounds again. I am now starting again and have been trying to find some take off juice or a substitute for it for at least a month and totally forgot about this site. I have read your posts about superstore having the juice that I been looking for. Do you have to dilute it or drink it as it is??

Some of you may remember but if not it is ok. I am back and for the long haul this time. I know this program works cause it worked before. So Again thank you for the suggestions.

Cathy in Canada

mj2007
09-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I have fallen off the wagon. I put on 30 pounds again. I am now starting again and have been trying to find some take off juice or a substitute for it for at least a month and totally forgot about this site. I have read your posts about superstore having the juice that I been looking for. Do you have to dilute it or drink it as it is??

Some of you may remember but if not it is ok. I am back and for the long haul this time. I know this program works cause it worked before. So Again thank you for the suggestions.

Cathy in Canada

Hi Cathy
In my last post i mentioned the Kiju juice boxes.I think it is a Canadian product .Awesome taste...calories are equivalent to 1 cup Kiju =(1/2 cup TO-juice+ 1/2 water). Therefore you do not have to dilute it. You can find them in the Organic food section of RCS.The R.W.Knudsen Morning blend is not available in Canada i think...the other R.W Knudsen juice that I found in Superstore, I didnt like much and some of them are pricier than Kiju juice. Again...those Knudsen juices vary in calories etc...some have 110 cal/250 ml and some have 170 cal/250ml. Therefore you have to dilute or drink concentrated accordingly.

You can follow takeoff juice guideline to decide what you should do:

LA Takeoff juice( 125ml juice+ 125 ml water= 250 ml drink)
Calories : 100
Fat : 0 g
Cholesterol : 0 mg
Sodium : 10 mg
Carb : 25 g
Sugar : 22g
Protein : 1g
Vit A : 0%
Vit C : 80%
Calcium : 0%
Iron : 2%

nbungay
09-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Cathy in Canada

Hi Cathy,

I too am getting back on the wagon after falling off and it running me over. I have found the R.W.Knudsen juice at CO-OP in the organic section.

petitelapin
09-27-2009, 03:09 PM
So I hate orange juice. I do my to's using 4 oranges each day rather than the yucky juice and find it works as well.

Dan is soooo funny. Personally my COD said to just say no to bacon (including turkey) because of the high sodium.

I know the Safeway at Circle Center sells Lunas too. Too bad we can't get the same flavors as our USA neighbors! There is a raspberry choc one that is SO fabulous! I am headed to the States next week and plans to buy several cases at Target:)

Tan

Carolita
09-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi ladies, there is another juice that it is sold at Superstore is the Sun-rype Tropical Blend
LA Takeoff juice vs Tropical Blend (250)
Calories : 100 130
Fat : 0 g 0
Cholesterol : 0 mg 0
Sodium : 10 mg 20
Carb : 25 g 31
Sugar : 22g 30
Protein : 1g 1
Vit A : 0% 2
Vit C : 80% 100
Calcium : 0% 2
Iron : 2% 4

mj2007
09-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I find this one a little more sugary...I use the Kiju juice ( superstore organic section)

janellefisher
10-11-2009, 08:33 AM
great info. thanks. Any other grocery stores carry them other than real canadian stores? I don't have one in my town.

mj2007
10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey ladies

I recently discovered that Sobeys sells Sugar-free candies/chocolates and they are real good!

luciddepths
03-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Wow this is awesome! I'm in Saskatoon too! Been looking for those Luna bars!

mj2007
03-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Wow this is awesome! I'm in Saskatoon too! Been looking for those Luna bars!

Luna Bars- Real canadian Superstore, shoppers drugmart( tad expensive).

You can also buy the Zone Bars ( tastes way better than Luna Bars) at GNC stores at the Midtown Plaza or Lawson Mall( i think I saw a GNC store).Also there is something called " Full Bars"...I found those at the GNC store but I am not really fond of puffed cereals so I never buy those "full bars".

Oh...and someone told me you get those Full Bars at Costco...you might find Luna bars there too.

luciddepths
03-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey! So I was at superstore today and I coouldnt find any! :( so when I look for luna bars there is a few different kinds, what kind do you guys suggest? I've been debating just ordering them online.

mj2007
03-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey! So I was at superstore today and I coouldnt find any! :( so when I look for luna bars there is a few different kinds, what kind do you guys suggest? I've been debating just ordering them online.

Did you try Natural Foods section? Which Superstore did you go to?I think there are 3 varieties...I like the chocolate one best.

Kimphin
03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
I have bought Luna bars online at their website too - they give a discount on the boxes. (I liked a flavor that they were discontinuing)

luciddepths
03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
What about "zone perfect" would those work too?

luciddepths
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh yes I think I checked there, over by the pharmacy ? Superstore 8 th st

mj2007
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
No...not by the pharmacy...grocery aisle...it is called " natural food"...8th and confed both have them

kgmclean
03-20-2010, 12:08 AM
i just found a juice called Genesis Today Goji Berry Juice
serv 8oz
cal 100
fat 0g
sodium 35mg
Carb 24g
sugar 18g
it is 100% juice

do yall think this is ok and should i dilute it and how much should i drink per day.

i am thankful for any help i can get

mj2007
03-20-2010, 01:27 AM
I would say 4x250 ml a day....undiluted.

luciddepths
03-22-2010, 03:46 PM
just a side note.. I FOUND THEM...

they = awesome... expensive but awesome. 27 dollars for a box, but the smores one MMMM

petitelapin
04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
My mum lives in Saskatoon and has decided to order the bars online from MEC.Ca. They are $1.40.bar there and with an order of $75 free shipping. She says she can't find them at Superstore and refuses to pay Safeway prices. Wish we got the same flavours as the States, raspberry chocolate are the best ever and they are $1/bar there..

I also use the kiji orange mango juice for takeoff. Dilute as you would TO juice. It comes in a tetra in the organics section of superstore and is about $3.
Tan..lifetime LAWLER.. lifetime dieter with yet another 20 lbs to go. SIGH.

luciddepths
04-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Petite, go to the confed superstore, thats the only place i can find them.. since they renovated there is a new section only for health food its in that section close to where the dairy is.

MCMommy
04-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Great info for us Canadians! Thanks for doing the research!

nicholeg
05-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Good morning Ladies!!!
I have been on the La Weight loss diet since March 23, 2010 and I fell off of the wagon. But I jumped back on.... MJ ~ I noticed that you said that you could purchase the substitute for take off juice at Superstore?? Do you know of any comparable products for the bars? I love the bars but it is really breaking the bank lately. I would still like to lose another 25 pounds. Is there any other things that can help with my weight loss?? They keep wanting me to buy Plateau breaker but it is another $100 and I really can't afford it anymore.... Help please :)

nicholeg
05-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Haha, sorry MJ.. I just saw the posts about the other bars. You are doing so awesome with your goals, is there anything you can share with me to let me know how you are doing it and keeping yourself motivated enough to lose all of that weight?

mj2007
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Haha, sorry MJ.. I just saw the posts about the other bars. You are doing so awesome with your goals, is there anything you can share with me to let me know how you are doing it and keeping yourself motivated enough to lose all of that weight?

Hi! Thanks for the nice words!It doesn't really have to be hard work if you make it a lifestyle. As for example...I got hooked on to the 72% dark chocolate...now you can give me all the chocolates and candies in the world and I wouldn't be tempted.Similarly...once you adapt to a low sodium and more herbs kinda food, your desire to eat out goes away because everything tastes so strong and salty! Also "moderation" is the key...you gotta learn when to say "NO". You can occasionally enjoy treats but balance it out next few days.I would suggest two really really good reads if you want to learn all the tricks
1) French women don't get Fat- Michelle Giuliano
2)Master your Metabolism- Jillian Michaels

Good luck!

Okeole
06-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Hi Cathy
In my last post i mentioned the Kiju juice boxes.I think it is a Canadian product .Awesome taste...calories are equivalent to 1 cup Kiju =(1/2 cup TO-juice+ 1/2 water). Therefore you do not have to dilute it. You can find them in the Organic food section of RCS.The R.W.Knudsen Morning blend is not available in Canada i think...the other R.W Knudsen juice that I found in Superstore, I didnt like much and some of them are pricier than Kiju juice. Again...those Knudsen juices vary in calories etc...some have 110 cal/250 ml and some have 170 cal/250ml. Therefore you have to dilute or drink concentrated accordingly.

You can follow takeoff juice guideline to decide what you should do:

LA Takeoff juice( 125ml juice+ 125 ml water= 250 ml drink)
Calories : 100
Fat : 0 g
Cholesterol : 0 mg
Sodium : 10 mg
Carb : 25 g
Sugar : 22g
Protein : 1g
Vit A : 0%
Vit C : 80%
Calcium : 0%
Iron : 2%

Hi MJ - Thank you for the information you share on here. It's been a while since I have done the LAWL TO. I have forgotten what you are able to eat and how much of it. Can you please share that info with me? Also about the Take off Juice - How much of it do you have to drink a day?> I thought it was a liter - 500 ml of juice + 500 ml of water? is this right? I noticed you referred to 250 ml on your previous posts - but some how that seems to little for a whole day... other sites have referred to drinking 32 oz/ day - so Please confirm the amount..... thank you very much - i have been off the wagon for a while and want to get back. Thank you Okeole in Vancouver

mj2007
06-14-2010, 01:20 PM
It is actually quite simple. You have to drink 1 serving of juice ( 100-120 Cal) 4 times a day.Therefore...400-480 cal per day comes from juice.

The LA TO juice is 1 serving = 125ml ( 100 cal) and you have to dilute it by a adding 125 ml water. Because water is 0 cal...you get a 250 ml/8 oz drink per 100 cal.This you drink 4 times...therefore 32 oz.

Some juices, eg. Kiju juice boxes are only 100 cal per 250 ml/8 oz box. Therefore there is no need to add water.So whatever juice you drink...whether you dilute or not shoot for 100-120 cal per serving.

Good luck!

neebeesh
06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
hi
i was looking for a substitut for the take off, i used to be a memeber at LA a couple years ago now since giving birth twice in the last 2 years, i have at least 20lbs to loose, and i was wondering if anyone has the menu whats suppose to be eat for those 2 days detox..i have forgotten
and i am ready to start!
thanx

lysa25
06-05-2011, 12:07 PM
hi
i was looking for a substitut for the take off, i used to be a memeber at LA a couple years ago now since giving birth twice in the last 2 years, i have at least 20lbs to loose, and i was wondering if anyone has the menu whats suppose to be eat for those 2 days detox..i have forgotten
and i am ready to start!
thanx

Hi,
theres a newbies thread on here....try searching 'lawl newbies'
and it'll give you everything you ever wanted to know about the TO 2 day plan!

hope this helps...it sure helped me last week when I started! cheers.

patns
06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi, is anyone checking in who is actually going to the clinics? I am finding the pro and con testimonials on here very conflicting. I would like to get some feedback from someone who actually joined, particularly in Canada.
Thanks,
Pat

lysa25
06-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi, is anyone checking in who is actually going to the clinics? I am finding the pro and con testimonials on here very conflicting. I would like to get some feedback from someone who actually joined, particularly in Canada.
Thanks,
Pat

Hi Pat,

I was going to a clinic here in Victoria, BC....I LOVED the program.....really works....but then one day I went for my weigh in and the doors were locked and they shut-down....I went with them for probably 6 months....I dont know if I can help....but if you have any questions....ask away. :)

patns
06-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks, I think I am figuring it out. I found Luna bars at Superstore, but then found them at walmart for much less.

The centres in Edmonton are still open but I live a ways out of the city and don't want to be driving in so much.

jalmgiven
09-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Will have to check my local store and see if they carry them. thanks for the info