100 lb. Club - So what's for dinner tonight?

View Full Version : So what's for dinner tonight?

cfmama
08-22-2009, 04:56 PM
We're having chicken ranch salads.

Large garden salad with lettuce, tomato's, green and red onions, mushrooms and pepper strips. Topped with chicken breast baked with a salt free seasoning and then topped on the plate with 1/4 cup of mozza cheese and 1.5 T of yogurt ranch dressing. SO GOOD.

So what are you having?

Bonnie+J
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
we had roasted aubergines with some basil pesto on top, then made into a kind of bake with a tomato and garlic sauce, with some mozzarella on top, served with a salad with baby spinach and mange tout.
it was my first time making it and i was very pleased with it! my 2 year old gobbled it up!

RealCdn
08-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Baked curried chicken (skinless dark meat chicken marinated overnight in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, onion, and spices) with whatever veggie is handy (cauliflower I think). Nothing with tomatoes though as I just spent yesterday and today dealing with a bushel of them. :)

gggirls
08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Chicken Souvlaki salad - a new recipe - can't wait to try it.

kiahna23
08-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Now I want a big salad! lol...Thats my dinner for tonight...

bacilli
08-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Leftovers from last night, vegetable bolognese with whole wheat pasta and salad. It got high praises from DH last night who said "maybe I don't hate mushrooms after all". I giggled.

gina1221
08-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Langostino tails (just picked them up at Trader Joe's... woohoo) and baby broccolini sauteed with a little olive oil and minced garlic served with rosemary foccacia. :broc:

RealCdn
08-22-2009, 06:10 PM
You know, although I always have a salad with my dinner (well, afterwards) I never really think of having salad for dinner. Not sure why, just struck me as odd. :)

lottie63
08-22-2009, 06:12 PM
zucchini and sweet potato stir fry. :)

SunshineCA
08-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Sirloin Steak with Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Olives. A recipe from the South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook.

Pita09
08-22-2009, 07:42 PM
I marinated pork loin strips in BBQ sauce and broiled them. A mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette for dressing.

cfmama
08-22-2009, 07:46 PM
I do have salad a lot for dinner but I have to have a ton of protein on top to get me through. Dinners for me are usually 450-500 calories or so, so I pile on the chicken, cheese etc.

Windchime
08-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Hmmmm, I just came home with a roasted chicken from Costco. All I would have to do is go pick up a head of romaine and I could have a chicken Ceasar salad with lo-cal ceasar dressing.....mmmmmmmm.

Lori Bell
08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
We had BBQ beef sandwiches, cucumber/tomato/onion salad, zucchini/summer squash stir fry, and fruit (cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon) salad. It was cool that everything except for the BBQ sauce and buns came from our garden/farm.

chickiegirl
08-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Chicken quesadillas with butternut squash soup. Tried the quesadilla recipe last night and perfected it today. Whole grain tortillas, little bit of olive oil brushed on the side that goes in the skillet, BBQ'd chicken, onions, green peppers and light, old cheddar. Turned out sooo good.

quiffy
08-22-2009, 11:16 PM
we are having bbq chicken breast, corn on cob, and tomatoes

nelie
08-22-2009, 11:19 PM
I had vietnamese style noodles with veggies and some grilled tofu.

SunshineCA
08-23-2009, 12:07 AM
It's just my daughter and I tonight so we didn't cook. Neither of us had much of an appetite. To just get something in my system, I ended up having string cheese and 2 slices of turkey breast wrapped in lettuce. Looks like we're going to have the steak tomorrow instead. ;)

Bonnie+J
08-23-2009, 04:55 AM
loads of great ideas here ladies! thanks!

tonight i am making summer succotash, its a recipe i found in a ww magazine. i'm gonna serve it with some cous cous in a red wine vinegar dressing to bulk it out.

ubergirl
08-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Last night I had chicken breast marinated in cilantro, lemon juice and black pepper, mini red and yellow peppers, fava beans with cilantro garlic and lemon juice, and sliced cucumbers with salt.

Trader Joe's Pomegranite nonfat yogurt for dessert. YUM!

traci in training
08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
I made homemade marinara sauce from my garden and tried an oven version of chicken parmesan. It was yummy and very easy.

WhitePicketFences
08-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Tonight's an Indian curry. My husband mixes a Patak's jarred Ginger & Garlic sauce with plain, nonfat Greek yogurt and a lot of spices. Simmers with tofu, broccoli, red bell pepper, sweet onion and shredded carrots. Then we cut it with our own, different servings of brown rice.

RealCdn
08-23-2009, 12:40 PM
As it's Sunday here we'll do sirloin steak on the BBQ and serve it with corn. Yumm, can't wait for dinner!

cfmama
08-23-2009, 01:05 PM
That sounds awesome Anne!

I think we're doing homemade sushi rolls tonight. Easy on the soy sauce for me as I'm still carrying 3-5 lbs of water weight from my freaking period.

rockinrobin
08-23-2009, 01:31 PM
chicken breasts cooked in a skillet - first I sauteed tons of onions and celery, added the chicken which I had seasoned with garlic & onion powders, pepper and salt, added a little water, some wine and rosemary and thyme. Heavenly. Serving it with zucchini casserole and a large side salad.

Lyn2007
08-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I had a Caesar salad: bagged romaine, shredded Parmesan, light Newman's Own Caesar dressing, and a grilled salmon filet.

Tonight I am making a pork loin. Porbably will just simmer this with apple juice, apple slices, and fresh rosemary sprigs. Not sure of the sides yet. Maybe a caprese salad.

RealCdn
08-23-2009, 02:08 PM
chicken breasts cooked in a skillet

The 'company dish' this summer has been apricot ginger chicken. You brown the chicken breasts in a skillet (seasoned with pepper and salt), then dump in 1Tb chopped ginger, 3Tb apricot jam, and chicken stock (size of pan will determine how much stock). You cover it and simmer until the chicken is done, about 10-12 mins. Lift out the chicken onto a plate (for company I slice it) and cover with the pan lid to keep warm. Cook the pan contents on high until thickened. For company I then toss the slices back in the pan and serve over baked brown rice, with veggies on the side.

The reference to the 'company dish' is for people we don't see more than once a year, well, they get the dish of the year. Last year it was balsamic pork tenderloin, the year before a chicken dish with a tomato/wine sauce. Much simpler than trying to remember what you fed people the last time you saw them. :o

That sounds awesome Anne!

We're pretty much creatures of habit (ie. Sunday - steak, Friday - hamburgers, etc.), although part of that is because I love bulk cooking, and always stock up on raw meats when stuff is on sale.

rockinrobin
08-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh Anne thanks for the reminder. Yes, I add a little chicken broth to my dish as well.

The dish I mentioned is also company worthy. Your dish sounds divine. I love the fact that the great food that I'm eating on a daily basis is in fact - company worthy. :)

RealCdn
08-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I agree Robin - I wouldn't hesitate to serve my 'diet' food to anyone, and pretty much always get compliments on it. Yours reminded me of the same concept (and it sounds good too). Well, except for the zucchini casserole - wouldn't go over well. Okay, I admit I'm not that fond of it either. Roasted is okay (as long as there are plenty of other veggies), but mainly I use it in a chocolate cake. Lower calorie of course, and ummm... protein powder and soy flour (no actual flour). :)

Rosinante
08-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Love the sound of company chicken!

I had:
2 small onions fried off in 1 T oil
280 grams raw chicken breast, fried in the oil, with some cardamom pods and bay leaves
stirred in 1 T lemon juice, 1 can condensed mushroom soup, 1/4 pt white wine
simmered, then poured over 630 gms cookedweight macaroni (cos that was the amount I had)
and left to infuse a bit.
4 servings, 500 calories, yummy

enjoying the rest of the wine now......

rockinrobin
08-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Anne, when I decided to lose the weight, I so wanted to set myself up for success that I told my family that we would not be able to have company over for a while. I love to entertain and I have a big tendency to overdo it and cook look a lunatic. Quite a few months into my journey, after finding/creating recipes that I absolutely LOVED, I realized that I could have guests once again and that I could feed them the same exact healthy, lower calorie foods that I was eating.

I was always known for being a great hostess/cook and I was sad to see this part of me when I made the decision to lose the weight. Well, I had nothing to be sad about. My guests LOVE what I serve them now and they LOVE and are amazed that what they are eating is so healthy for them. And I gotta tell you, I get a big thrill out of it as well. :)

time2lose
08-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Robin and Anne, I am jealous of your guests!

I had a kind of weird dinner but have enjoyed it. We are having "help yourself" night because the frig is full of left overs and I want a night off from cooking. One advantage of having only adults in the house is the ability to do this.

I could not decide what I wanted so have been picking for a couple of hours already. To be sure that I kept within my calorie count, I was sure to log my food on the Daily Plate before eating it. I started with green beans and corn but finished that and was still hungry. I took one of my son's slices of pizza, a big hunk of my calories but I was happy about it. Went back to hunt some more and decided on an apple.

I still have 300 calories left for the day so I think I will have an evening snack of Laughing Cow light swiss cheese and some low fat Townhouse crackers. That leaves me with 150 calories but I will probably just not eat them.

There was a time where I struggled to stay between 1500 to 1800 calories per day. I ate 1800 more often than 1500. Now I am finding that lots of days I just quit between 1300 and 1400 calories. My 1500 maximum calories a day is just not the problem that I expected.

Trazey34
08-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I love being a hostess with the mostest too LOL and as I rarely eat when I have a dinner party, so focused on the next course for the guests, that I still make things a bit "over the top" with some healthy stuff thrown in as well. Everyone gets a doggie bag so there's no treats left for me to sample later LOL

Tonight for dinner I went to my Mom & Dad's -- how cute is my mom??? She's a crazy hostess too (gee where did i get that from???) with pounds of yummy ribs and a big fish fry tons of this and that and of course some grilled chicken breasts for folks wanting plainer fare (me!) and big jumbo fresh salad, no fuss no muss, no " oh this is for you" just there as my choice. Sigh.... I'm crazy about my mom :D and dad!

traci in training
08-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Trazey you are so lucky! So many people have moms who sabotage them. My mom is great, too, she just drives me crazy sometimes with "what are you eating?" and "how are you doing?"

WhitePicketFences
08-24-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm having a frozen Amy's dinner tonight. Vegetable pot pie for 420 calories. Normally Monday is our soup or salad night (salad in the summer) but we don't have enough salad stuff and groceries have to wait until I get more in checking acct. I do like an Amy's sometimes, though. My husband will be on his own and probably make a burger.

scarletmeshell
08-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Tonighit (Monday) grilled fish, cauliflower, and fresh sliced home grown tomatoes.

traci in training
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
I got a pound of provel cheese while we were at the lake, so St. Louis style pizza tonight. YUM!

RealCdn
08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Tonight with be roasted grape tomatoes / onions / zucchini / cauliflower tossed with a little parmesan cheese (and maybe pasta as my calories are low) served with a smoked turkey & chicken sausage (well, two of them). :)

ernurse
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/bear01/lb////.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
I'm trying my signature out. Sorry if it looks funky. For dinner tonight 4 oz meat, lots of vegetables, maybe some granola cooked in applesauce, and 1-2 ww chocolate fudgecicles.

CamiToo
08-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Rotisserie chicken breast, asparagus, cauliflower and salad w/ low cal dressing. Red grapes for dessert.:)

gumboot
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
I found these low fat turkey sausages at Costco. I'm going to grill them on the bbq served with some grilled zuchini, eggplant and peppers and a garden salad. Mmm.....can't wait for dinner!

RealCdn
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
I found these low fat turkey sausages at Costco.

That's where I get mine. For the longest time they've only had one variety (roasted red pepper), but I noticed the last time I was in they had many different choices. The spinach and feta ones were good as well.

RealCdn
08-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Okay, the lazy chef (me) whose had a headache most of the day (allergy related) decided sometime around 5pm that she wanted something that required zero prep and cleanup.

Thin crust pizza (from Costco) fit the bill quite well. The roasted veggies/pasta sausage dish will be fine for tomorrow.

Gela
08-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm making baked salmon, roasted green beans and brown rice. Smells so good cooking!

WildThings
08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Yum, I made a mock pasta salad tonight to eat with grilled chicken. It was amazing. I used spaghetti squash (had an amazing sale on them at the store yesterday), tomatoes, sweet peppers, onions, olive oil and Italian seasoning. Much more tasty that I thought it would be. Kind of wish I had cucumbers and zucchini to add in also, but this worked well. Was able to go back for seconds and still only had 600 calories in the entire dinner...chicken and all.

cfmama
08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Those low fat turkey sausages sound awesome! I'll have to pick some up!

I had a busy busy day today (including throwing up daycare babies... blerk) so easy it was!

We were SUPPOSED to have my ground chicken/veggies pasta sauce, healthy harvest pasta and mixed veggies for dinner.

Instead we had scrambled eggs with Mrs. Dash table seasoning, whole wheat bread with Laughing cow wedges on top and a side order of fresh juicy BC peaches :) It was soooo good!

WildThings
08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Scrambled eggs and omelets are always my fall-back dinner. It's just easier some nights.

cfmama
08-24-2009, 10:59 PM
what would we do without eggs! My kids LOVE them. I love how easy they are to make and they just taste darn good :)

rockinrobin
08-25-2009, 06:02 AM
what would we do without eggs! My kids LOVE them. I love how easy they are to make and they just taste darn good :)

I like sauteing a bunch of veggies and having them on hand for the week, to whip up omlettes quickly. Would you believe I eat them as a snack?

For a while I was on a sauteed zucchini, mushrooms and onions kick.

Currently, it's been sauteed onions and cabbage. I can't tell you how good this combo is. It's a real taste treat.

time2lose
08-25-2009, 10:33 AM
I was on a sauteed onions and cabbage kick back in the spring but now my cabbage is tasting bitter. Any suggestion or have any ideas why this is happening?

WhitePicketFences
08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Grilled chicken , first marinated in curry paste/plain Greek yogurt/spices
with
a small side salad , spinach with Newman's Own Light Sundried Tomato dressing
and
6 ounces of white wine, a viognier from Trader Joe's

rockinrobin
08-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I was on a sauteed onions and cabbage kick back in the spring but now my cabbage is tasting bitter. Any suggestion or have any ideas why this is happening?

I wish I had some insight for you, but I don't. I do know throughout the course of the year, the cabbages change, as is the case with lots of veggies. I can't remember the time of year, but there is period where they are very light for their size and you get very little out of them, the leaves are very sparse. Every now and then I'll get a rubber-y one. But I find when I saute them, as opposed to having them raw in a salad, I don't notice a difference.

My only suggestion therefore, would be to try them again!

Gela
08-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Tonight we had seared ahi tuna, steamed asparagus and brown rice. It was good!

SunshineCA
08-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Tonight we had Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken and a tossed salad. The kids added potato salad to theirs.

rockinrobin
08-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Tonight we had seared ahi tuna, steamed asparagus and brown rice. It was good!

Ooooh, I bet it was, cause it sure sounds good to me too!

GirlyGirlSebas
08-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Last evening, we had chicken tacos. Yum Yum!

WhitePicketFences
08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Dinner tonight is a havarti dill grilled cheese sandwich with sliced tomato, on my homemade whole wheat bread which has pumpkin seeds and dried cherry bits in it. I know, sounds like a lot of flavors ... I made the bread on Monday before I had grilled cheese in mind. But I am going grocery shopping today or tomorrow!

WhitePicketFences
08-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Is this thread going to die? I like it.

Tonight we're grilling out:
Grilled salmon marinated in lime-dill mix
with
steamed asparagus, a peach-tomato-jalepeno salsa
and
a glass of white wine

RealCdn
08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I can go back and simply copy my Tuesday meal. We're inundated with tomatoes (big and small), so once again we'll have:

Roasted grape tomatoes / onions / zucchini / cauliflower tossed with a little parmesan cheese served with a smoked turkey & chicken sausage (well, two of them),

Jae165
08-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Last night was:
Asian turkey burger
Collard Greens
1/2 sweet pot with cinnamon and light br sugar.

cfmama
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Last night was homemade sushi. YUM YUM. So that was also today's lunch ;)

Tonight it's baked extra lean chicken meatballs with sesame Asian dressing, healthy harvest egg noodles and broccoli. Should be super yum!

SunshineCA
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I was thinking of making Chicken Divan from the recipe thread in the South Beach section. However, I'm wondering if it'll still just be as tasty without the shredded cheese. I posted my question and am currently waiting for replies. Check it out if ya want and let me know.

Of course I'll toss a salad with that. ;)

Essa415
08-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I am making baked garlic chicken breasts and some brown rice with a big romaine lettuce salad. First time using my oven for a non-baked goods food since I moved in a month ago :chef: I need to cook more often.

WildThings
08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
I am having a HUGE omelet...mix of whole eggs and eggs whites, homemade turkey sausage, green onions, yellow sweet peppers, spinach, broccoli...very good.

Elladorine
08-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I made a batch of burritos tonight. I'm having one now and am freezing the rest.

I don't have an exact recipe, but I use half a pound of ground turkey, some brown rice, a can of black beans, a can of vegetarian chili, and a packet of taco seasoning for the filling (I often vary what I put in these, like adding salsa or using pinto beans). I scoop out the mixture onto whole wheat tortillas and top each off with a little low-fat shredded cheese before wrapping.

I then stuff each one into a sandwich bag for the freezer, which makes them really easy to grab and heat up. I get 8-10 per batch, depending on how well I stuff them. I love the way they taste and they're super-handy when I need a quick meal. :D

TJFitnessDiva
08-27-2009, 09:19 PM
I was bad tonight and had a grilled chicken bacon ranch salad from McDonald's minus their dressing (added my own ff ranch dressing) ;)

cfmama
08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
just popping back in to say that the extra lean chicken meatballs with the Renee's Sesame dressing over top were FREAKING AWESOME. And I used a lemon herb seasoning in them as well. SOOOO GOOD.

SunshineCA
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I didn't make the Chicken Divan after all. There were way too many things to tweak. I decided to go with the Mexican Chicken Casserole in the recipe section of the South Beach Diet section. I tweaked it a little. You can click in there to see what I did.

StellarGirl
08-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Annie's Stellar Garlic Chicken!!

ok...so you saute some onion, shallots, and garlic till they're just a little cooked but not browned yet
then you take boneless skinless chicken breasts and slice them partially on the side so it makes a little pocket...stuff the pocket with some of the onion mixture and one serving of light brie...
Spray a pyrex pan with Pam...lay the chicken down and top with about 1tbs. of olive oil.
Then you take the rest of the onion mixture and put it on top of and around the chicken.
Add salt, pepper, oregeno and basil to taste
The whole thing with a very generous sized chicken breast is 423 calories and about 13 grams of fat.
I had it with some sliced fresh tomatoes with salt and pepper...yummies!

rockinrobin
08-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Tonight is the most delectable chicken breasts ever - heavily seasoned and roasted in a covered black enamel pan along with jumbo carrots in the oven for about 3 hours. Served with roasted veggies - brussel sprouts, green beans and cauliflower.

Dessert will be individual peach/blueberry crumble

Jae165
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Tonight will probably be roasted chicken, collard greens and brown rice.

It's sounds so boring after reading some of the other post.

rockinrobin
08-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Tonight is the most delectable chicken breasts ever - heavily seasoned and roasted in a covered black enamel pan along with jumbo carrots in the oven for about 3 hours. Served with roasted veggies - brussel sprouts, green beans and cauliflower.

Dessert will be individual peach/blueberry crumble

I decided to throw caution to the wind and say screw my plan - and change my side dish. I saw a gorgeous acorn squash at the produce store, my mouth started watering and I decided to make that. I will push off the cauliflower till tomorrow. Aren't I adventurous? ;)

cfmama
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Tonight is our "take out" night... lol. So I am having a Healthy Choice frozen dinner... it's a Balsamic chicken and veggie steamer. I've had it once before and it's SO FREAKING GOOD! Not that high in sodium either! I'll have a side of roasted corn with it.

SunshineCA
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM
We're having the leftover Mexican Chicken Casserole Whole Wheat Wraps from last night. Absolutely scrumptious!! :)

RealCdn
08-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I had dinner out (no choice in what I was eating), so had a filet mignon, baked potato, roasted veggies, mushrooms cooked in wine (which I put over the potato) and a salad. Oh yes, and a small glass of wine. Skipped the dessert plate (was purchased pastries which didn't actually tempt me) and just had coffee.

goincrazyinky
08-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Chicken meatballs and Asian dressing......sounds so good! May I ask you where to find your recipie? I am going to cook! Can you all believe that?

SunshineCA
08-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Since no one is home, I didn't feel the need to cook. Besides it's way too hot to even think about. So, tonight I stopped by El Pollo Loco for a tostada salad with no rice and used the shell as a bowl only. Quite delish! ;)

cfmama
08-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Chicken meatballs and Asian dressing......sounds so good! May I ask you where to find your recipie? I am going to cook! Can you all believe that?

I just took extra lean ground chicken, added a bunch of herb and lemon seasoning and made meat balls. Ater I cooked them in a cast iron pan with a bit of water, I drizzled them with a sesame asian dressing (Renee's brand) Easy peasy!

Rosinante
08-30-2009, 02:52 AM
Curried lentil and spinach soup, just made yesterday, and some French bread, which I'm going to stick in the breadmaker in a couple of hours, before I go to church.

Beverlyjoy
08-30-2009, 07:38 AM
grilled turkey loin, salad, brown rice, zucchini on the grill

salsa chip
08-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Chicken schnitzel, potato slices, steamed veggies and a sauce thingy.

rockinrobin
08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Stovetop chicken breasts (on the bone) made with loads of onions, fresh garlic, mushrooms and wine. I'll be serving it with loads of turnip fries. Not sure what else at this point. Maybe a tomato onion salad. Or maybe I'll make some tomato/cabbage/barley soup..........

Onederchic
08-30-2009, 10:16 AM
What's turnip fries?

Onederchic
08-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Well, probably the obvious, I suppose...turnips used for fries instead of potatoes...?

rockinrobin
08-30-2009, 10:46 AM
What's turnip fries?

I got the idea from this right here at 3FC, from Kaplods. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, fabulous recipe.

I made these a couple of weeks ago (I make them a LOT) and my 19 year old daughter said she will never serve her children french fries - only these. She then went on to say something like her kids will be none the wiser. I said, yup, when she's at HOME, that is. Then she's going to go out in the real world and see *real* French Fries and hopefully, if she's anything at all like her Mom, she'll LOVE and appreciate these turnip faux fries MUCH more.

TURNIP FRIES

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Peel turnips and cut into strips to resemble shoe string potatoes Make a LOT. They’re absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!

Spray a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil with lots of non-stick cooking spray. Lay the “fries” on the foil. Spray further with cooking spray.

Season heavily with spices of your choice. French fry seasoning. Garlic and onion powders, salt & pepper. Chili powder, garlic and onion powder, cumin, salt, pepper. Sometimes I'll use the Good Seasonings Dressing PACKETS.

Bake for about 20 minutes and turn. Bake another 10 minutes or so.

Experiment. See if you like them very soft or a little firmer. Adjust cooking times accordingly.

35 calories per cup serving.

traci in training
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
So... tonight I am NOT having cabbage! Robin posted somewhere a few days ago about cabbage and onions she cooked to have on hand for omlettes and that got me thinking I haven't had a cabbage on the grill all summer. So I went and bought a nice big cabbage. Then I cooked about a third of it in cast iron on the grill with onions and mushrooms. That tasted so good I did it again the next night. And the next. Yesterday I got another cabbage. Did it again last night. I guess I crossed the fiber-line because about midnight last night I started tooting and just couldn't stop! Got giggling with my DH in bed because it was so bad. He made me swear I would be cabbage-free today! I know that's probably a case of TMI, but it was SOOO funny! Woke him up from a sound sleep and we just laughed and laughed!

Tonight for dinner I am not having cabbage!

WhitePicketFences
08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Tonight is coconut-crusted Tilapia with roasted yellow squash.

SunshineCA
08-30-2009, 06:37 PM
I took chicken out but I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Looking for recipes now. ;)

cfmama
08-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Tonight I made Italian low fat chicken meat ball mini pizza's on whole wheat pita's with red onion, mushrooms, red peppers and mozza cheese. SO FREAKING GOOD!

cfmama
09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Tonight we're having extra lean ground beef soft taco's. Whole wheat tortilla's, shredded cabbage, red peppers, tomato's, red onions... garnished with light sour cream, mozza cheese and hot salsa.

MugCanDoIt
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Im thinking I'll have:

Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Yellow Squash
either pinto or navy beans (probaly one cup)
maybe some cottage cheese (if my son didnt eat it all)

Snack: peach

RealCdn
09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Chicken fajitas with multi-grain tortillas. Just a combination of marinated chicken strips with onions and peppers. I'll then add some homemade salsa into the pan and when fairly dry I'll sprinkle on some cheese. The only real difference is that you get a bowl of melted filling that you can eat with a fork when you run out of tortillas. We never served rice with ours, so I don't miss it.

I'm making 3 servings and will have the leftover serving tomorrow when my mother makes fish for herself.

WhitePicketFences
09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Tonight is Goat Cheese Rigatoni. Whole wheat rigatoni, but truthfully it is my highest calorie dinner besides my favorite takeout. I love it though ... I just eat a very small serving of it!

better health3
09-02-2009, 07:52 PM
turkey hot dog
black bean salad
carrots
blueberries
milk

Black Bean Salad--great to make ahead when it is too hot to cook, it is better if you let it marinate for a day. Yummy!

1 red bell pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
2 celery stalks
1/2 c. diced red onion
1 16 oz. can of corn(drain juice)
1 16 oz. can black beans(drain juice)
1 tsp. cilantro(optional)
1 clove garlic, minced
12 oz. salsa OR
(you can use the salsa or olive oil, lime juice, and red wine vinegar instead of the salsa)
1/4 c. olive oil
4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp lime juice

Combine ingredients and mix

You can serve with cottage cheese or tortilla chips.

Servings 6 (1/2 c. per serving)

Onederchic
09-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Tonight is Goat Cheese Rigatoni. Whole wheat rigatoni, but truthfully it is my highest calorie dinner besides my favorite takeout. I love it though ... I just eat a very small serving of it!

Holy macaroni, can I come to your house for dinner? :|

Matilda08
09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
I had baked turkey wings with string beans and it was so good!

Elladorine
09-02-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm having some leftovers from last night . . . made some whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, pinto beans, taco seasoning, and a small amount of low-fat cheese. Turned out pretty good. :)

SunshineCA
09-03-2009, 01:09 AM
We had grilled chicken salad.

WhitePicketFences
09-03-2009, 07:40 AM
I wish we could all get together, onederchic! I'd have 3fc-ers over for a grilling out, that'd be fun.

Tonight is dinner salad at our house. With cauliflower in it. Lite honey mustard dressing that I am loving.

cfmama
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Tonight is tuna sandwiches on sprouted grain bread with raw veggies and hard boiled eggs. Yes. I don't feel like cooking tonight ;)

salsa chip
09-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Steamed broccoli, little potato thingies, sauce on top. I don't much feel like cooking either :P

MugCanDoIt
09-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Roasted Squash
I dont know what else. Im in a food rut. :(

girlonfire
09-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Hmm well since I am way ahead of everyone else I ate dinner about 2 hrs ago! My host mother made rice, tomatoes, and a pork chop! Before dinner, a little salad with mustard sauce and a couple melon slices. And a couple pieces of yummy French bread. And a slice of banana with a little dark chocolate!

needless to say, she's a really good cook.

SunshineCA
09-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Tonight we're having tacos (kids) and taco salad (me) with black beans, refried beans, sour cream, reduced-fat cheese, tomatoes, red onions, etc. Guess we can call it a taco bar night. ;)

Onederchic
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Can I come too, Sunshine?

slimmercindy
09-03-2009, 07:55 PM
fish
french onion soup (lo cal)
grapes
leftover tuna salad

SunshineCA
09-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Can I come too, Sunshine?

Of course ya can! :hug:

CanadianCutie
09-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Spring Mix Salad, with 1 mini sized baked potato and 1 mild italian sausage chopped up, topped with mixed bell peppers, and 1 tsp light parmasan cheese, and 2 tbsp. of low fat ranch salad dressing.

Sooooo good.

time2lose
09-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I gave in. I teach a night class so have a late supper. I stopped at KFC and picked up a grilled chicken breast (180 calories) and potato wedges (260 calories). I had 500 calories left for the day so I was OK.

rockinrobin
09-03-2009, 09:35 PM
2 bowls (I went back for seconds) of FABULOUS homemade tomato, cabbage and barley soup with a tremendous zucchini, mushroom, onion omlette and (yes there's more), roasted green beans with onions and chopped garlic.

cfmama
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I need the soup recipe Rockinrobin :)

cfmama
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Tomorrow I am roasting a turkey. It's supposed to be cold and dreary here so it's a perfect day for it! For sides we are having peaches and cream corn, boiled potato's with a tsp of butter and raw veggies. No stuffing... no gravy. I don't need it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE turkey!!!!

Buttercup
09-03-2009, 10:16 PM
:p I am so busy writing down all these wonderful meal ideas that I forgot what I had dinner! Lot's of plans for future ones though with all your help! MMMMMMMM!!!!!!

rockinrobin
09-03-2009, 11:25 PM
I need the soup recipe Rockinrobin :)

Oh you're right about that, you do need that recipe. It is so unbelievably delicious, healthy and filling. It's also pretty. That's what my almost 20 year old daughter said tonight as she was ladling out a bowl for herself. Her second bowl, that is.

It's a bit late now and I'm headed to sleep. My brain's not working so well right now (been a long hectic day). I will get to it tomorrow. Won't be right away, as it's an early work day for me, but at some point.

MugCanDoIt
09-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I think I could have some of that soup you spoke of Rockin Robin, if I watch the barley portions. Id like to have the recipe as well if you dont mind?

traci in training
09-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I've never used barley - I'm kind of a big lentil fan - but I'd like the recipe, too. I LOVE soup!

WhitePicketFences
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Tonight my husband's making Indian curry with tofu, sweet onion, red bell pepper & broccoli. My current favorite dinner. I should get around to making it one of 'my' dinners so we can have it more often (I usually cook).

Crazy4Kenny
09-04-2009, 08:07 PM
This is what I had. :)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JEN12376/BLOG/HPIM6634.jpg

and I am very proud to say that I didn't have a single bite of the macaroni and cheese that I made for my family tonight to go with their ham!

rockinrobin
09-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Last night's dinner. OMG - cornflake/almond/oat crusted chicken breasts with massive quantities of heavily spiced roasted broccoli

Tonight - Roasted Pecan Salmon. Garlic sauteed spinach, mushrooms and onions. Cucumber, tomato, red onion salad.

AmberShimmer
09-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Rice and black-eyed peas in curry sauce.

Diva
09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Last night's dinner. OMG - cornflake/almond/oat crusted chicken breasts with massive quantities of heavily spiced roasted broccoli

Tonight - Roasted Pecan Salmon. Garlic sauteed spinach, mushrooms and onions. Cucumber, tomato, red onion salad.

OMG! Will you teach me how too cook? So many delish flavors mixed together here! And here I thought I could cook. lol

salsa chip
09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Steamed fish with veggies on top, steamed broccoli and mixed white and brown rice (I got a load of brown and had some white left over).

rockinrobin
09-07-2009, 01:41 PM
OMG! Will you teach me how too cook? So many delish flavors mixed together here! And here I thought I could cook. lol

I was willing to get rid of the high calorie foods when I decided to lose the weight, but I was not willing to give up on lots and lots of delicious flavorful food. In fact, what I eat now is waaay more interesting and tasty then what I was eating in the past.

cfmama
09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Tonight I'm having roasted lemon and herb chicken breasts and oven roasted garlic and cauliflower with Olive oil, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and fresh sage. OMG so yum.

WhitePicketFences
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Tonight we're actually having turkey-and-cheese sandwiches with lettuce, tomato and mustard.

I made a fresh loaf of rye bread yesterday, and randomly got jealous watching my husband eat his giant lunch sandwich (I am not a big sandwich person in general). So decided to have one, myself ... for dinner tonight, because my lunch tends to be a series of small things (yogurt, fruit, etc) spread throughout the day.

gumboot
09-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I am making low fat turkey chili with a huge garden salad and half a crusty roll. It smells so good downstairs!

FitGirlyGirl
09-07-2009, 02:55 PM
We're going semi traditional with the labor day thing. Hubby is grilling some burgers and I have made some decently healthy baked beans. We are skipping the greasy fries in favor of him putting some zucchini on with the burgers and I am having my burger on a whole grain bun instead of the white ones he and his mother will be using. We also have a nice salad to go with it and I have some avacado for my burger (doin it Cali style).

hpnodat
09-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Honey Dijon roasted pork tenderloin, Brussels sprouts, roasted broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and garlic infused italian bread

better health3
09-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Shrimp, garlic, spinach-basil pasta with loads of brocolli and other grilled veggies.

traci in training
09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Robin's cabbage barley soup, crusty bread just out of the oven, big glass of skim milk. Chicken noodle soup for DH and youngest daughter who do not find cooked cabbage to be edible. That's fine - more soup for me!