Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Angry WTH?!? getting frusturated!

I woke up feeling pretty good and empowered. I've been feeling really, really drained this week and haven't come close to my exercise goals and my food plan hasn't been very strict the last couple days. Yesterday, I just didn't feel like eating, my stomach wasn't feeling so hot. But I got up today really feeling the desire to workout again, which was nice. I was pysched!
So I got my kiddos all situated, fed, changed, dressed, etc. which is normal "morning routine." I took my vitamin and started the workout dvd. The instant I hit play it was like a signal to my stomach. I had to run to the bathroom and was sick. I feel a lil blah now. I think I could make it through the 30 min. workout but today is grocery shopping day and I should have already left. I woke up really late (11am, generally we're up between 8 & 9, but my 4 yr old had troubles sleeping last night and I was up till 2am), figured I'd do the workout, cause what the ****, its only another 30 min it'd workout fine but if I don't leave here in the next 10 or 20 min my kids won't make it through the trip (we have to drive into town, 20min away and I have to hit all the errands/stores in one swoop so it takes at least 4 hours).
I'm going to try again tomorrow, and with all the walking I'll be doing today I'm sure missing this workout will be alright, but still, its frusturating. The whole week I've been feeling icky and blah and tired but not sick. I wake up today feeling good, ready to workout and than get sick?! Its like the dieting gods are playing some cruel trick on me.
Sorry for the whinny post...just needed to vent.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Is it your vitamin that is bothering you?? I can't take mine on an empty stomach or I feel nausous (sp??) but dont actually get sick to my stomach.

Hope it passes soon though what ever it is!!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Are you pregnant?
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

OOOOOHHHH, onderchic...that was my thought
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Me, too. First thing that came to my mind. I , also wondered about taking the vitamin on an empty stomach.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Never take a vitamin on an empty stomach! I learned that the hard way, too.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I had the same thing happen to me years ago when I took my vitamin and then went to aerobics class. I got so nauseous and dizzy I couldnt work out. It was the vitamin right before the exercise. Try taking it afterwords, maybe with lunch.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I bet it was the vitamin. I've done that before--not good. I felt fine once I ate something (which seems counter-intuative).

I imagine this isn't your situation, but once I really, really didn't want to go to class. I'm not one to skip class unless I'm on my death bed, so I knew I had to go. But my desire to not go was strong that I developed a stomachache and threw up! I didn't try to consciously (it wasn't like a purge or anything), but it was a physical reaction to allow me to skip class without feeling guilty. I could see that happening with a workout (although you said you were motivated, so probably not the case for you! Just wanted to share!)
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/153/130

If I take my vitamins on an empty stomach, I'm sick for hours and hours.
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Well, I am different. I take my vitamin every morning right after I wake and don't eat for at least 2 hours later and have not gotten sick from it once.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #11  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

All week I have been fighting a cold that has been trying to come (two of my coworkers are sick and insist on coming to work).

Anyways- as long as you keep trying and don't give up it's better than nothing.

I would also not take the vitamin in the morning without some breakfast
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

pregnant pregnant or pregnant???
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Thanks everyone.

No, deffinitly NOT pregnant. I'm an avid taker of my bcp's and I had to use fertility drugs to concieve my DD. I'd be horrified if I were preggers but I'm realitivly sure that's not the case.

The vitamin on the other hand. I've taken it before without eatting right away and it hadn't made me sick...lil queezy. But thinking about it, that would make pretty good sense, no more vitamin till food time.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote