30-Somethings - 30 Somethings Daily Chat Friday 8/21/09
08-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Had a few rough days, still fighting this darn sinus infection. I am now on a different antibiotic and :eek: steriods. I have been so darn hungry. Not counting anything but just trying to eat healthy foods.
DD is still crying every night. Middle school sucks apparently! I know it's tough but sheesh kid your momma can't take it anymore. Plus she is just now starting to develop (ya know in certain areas) and I think her hormones must be going crazy.
Tomorrow we are going on a Christian Day Camp with church.
Hope everyone has a great day.
08-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Oiy I'm not looking forward to the tween/teen age with my girls! Hormones have got to be going crazy.
I hope your sinus stuff clears up really fast now.
I'm happy that I made it through what started off to be a depressive day with flying colors. It really helps to be here and to blog. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'll be poolside all day tomorrow at my sister-in-law's house and really not that ashamed of my bathing suit body anymore. It hasn't changed too much yet, but just the fact that I'm working on it gives me more confidence. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
08-21-2009, 10:32 AM
The day so far in a nutshell:
1) Had a great weigh in -- 3 pounds lost! That makes it a total of 30.6 pounds lost since I started at the beginning of June. I keep waiting for a plateau to rear its ugly head but I've been very lucky so far. I'm sure I'll have a stall at some point, but I'm happy to be losing well right now at least. I have to go change my ticker.
2) Shredded and WOW am I sore. I keep telling myself that it'll get better in a few days, but I'm not sure that my hamstrings are listening to me any more... I went for my usual morning walk with the pups and the hubby came along! It was so nice to have a human there that I became quite the chatty Cathy. It was also nice to have someone ELSE hold the poop baggies for a while.
1) Lunchtime walk, indoors if it's still raining.
2) Hacking again, probably in the indoor arena :( I was able to ride outside yesterday because the footing was good even with the rain. We actually got rained on for a bit but it was a sunny rain and then we were treated to the most beautiful and perfect rainbow that I have ever seen. It was spectacular!
3) Dinner out, either fish fry or at a Mexican place, then off to see Inglorious Basterds. The fish fry place has baked fish so I can do okay there. The Mexican place would be a new place so I'd just have to be smart when I got there. It's a tiny hole-in-the-wall place, so no websites or online menus.
That's it for me :)
I hope EVERYONE has rainbows in their life today!
08-22-2009, 10:18 AM
This week was hectic, but I guess the good thing is that I lost the four pounds that I gained the week before. I guess stress isn't ALL bad for me. :( DD's first week of Kindergarten is what did me in. She does really well until she has to go to her after school program. I don't get off work until 3:30 so she has to spend an hour in the program. They do activities, have snack and stuff, but I think after spending all day in school, the after school activities are just too much. It is a lot to ask of a five year old, I think. All day at school and then daycare? She was in daycare at my work, but it was soooo different. The women who worked there were so loving and the kids played in water, paint, dirt, went on hikes and just learnded to have fun and explore. There was freedom to eat, sleep and do whatever you need to do whenever you need to do it and so this change is a big shock to her. It breaks my heart to see her struggle with the change. I wish I could make it go away.
Anyway, it is Saturday and we are going to have a relaxing day where we don't HAVE to do much. Except for me....I have to run this morning and then go to yoga. :)
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO