Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #1  
back in the habit

S/C/G: 166/139/<130

Height: 5'6"

Default This Chickie finally Cheeps :)

Hi everyone,

I've been hanging around 3FC and enjoying the environment of advice and support since June, so I figured I ought to say hello and begin to contribute!

I'm a 24 year-old student, and I recently uprooted my life in southern California to relocate across the country for the next five years of graduate school. I left my family, my job, and my live-in boyfriend; needless to say, it's been a stressful time of change and adjustment! I'm relatively new to 3FC, but I'm definitely not as new to fitness and weight-loss. My highest weight was in 2005 at 166lbs... for my body shape and frame, this was way too much: I was uncomfortable, fatigued, and just unhappy. I yo-yoed back and forth with 5-10 lbs for a while, and got more serious about my weight-loss in mid-2007. Since then I've been moving slowly along, and I hope to continue this progress here with you all

My first goal is to reach 134 - the lowest highschool weight I can remember. If necessary, though, I'll reevaluate along the way if I get to a place I feel comfortable. I've also been a vegetarian for almost 8 years, and will continue to strive towards my goal of eating more whole, natural foods. Unfortunately there are a lot of vegetarian junk foods I have a taste for (french fries and potato chips, I'm looking at you!).

Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to reaching goals with you!
pavvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #2  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Hey !!! good luck with your goal! you're so nearly there!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  
back in the habit

Hi and thank you It's been a slow journey so far, so it's nice to know that I am getting closer, even if the last 10ish pounds take another year.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #4  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavvie View Post
Hi and thank you It's been a slow journey so far, so it's nice to know that I am getting closer, even if the last 10ish pounds take another year.
you're welcome

lol i just saw your signature, powered by tofu. lol

well as they say, the slower you lose the weight, the more likely you will lose it forever!!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #5  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!! Good luck!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11

Welcome! It sounds like you already got a good plan and its working! Good luck your almost there!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #7  
back in the habit

Hello ladies Thank you for the warm welcome!

Also PammyFL: I think I remember reading in another thread that your boyfriend lives in a different state than you, right? I have a lot of respect for you making it work!!! I have been away from my boyfriend for less than a month, and it's definitely been really hard for me.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavvie View Post
Hello ladies Thank you for the warm welcome!

Also PammyFL: I think I remember reading in another thread that your boyfriend lives in a different state than you, right? I have a lot of respect for you making it work!!! I have been away from my boyfriend for less than a month, and it's definitely been really hard for me.
Yeah my bf lives in Chicago and im in Florida. It is extremely hard at times but Im happier now than I ever was living with someone for four years. I think it helps you to learn to communicate when your so far away from each other. I only get to see him like every 2 months but we spend a month together every time I go visit. It is so hard saying goodbye but I know I will be moving there to be with him permanently soon so right now we just gotta keep our heads up. Trust me I know your pain.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote