Weight Loss Surgery - The Doctor's office just called

View Full Version : The Doctor's office just called

ladybugnessa
08-20-2009, 01:21 PM
and asked if Brian would like to have his JP drain out tomorrow instead of Monday. Well YEAH!

He's losing very little fluid so it makes sense.

Hubby is up... walking a bit, drinking less than I would like
taking his vitamins and prevacid
and online.

it was a pretty restful night for him

KO
08-20-2009, 03:31 PM
thats great hon you guys are on yuor way!!

Kainu1329
08-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Glad to read that! Praying for a fast recovery!

jiffypop
08-20-2009, 06:12 PM
this is GREAT news, nessa - glad he's doing so well.

GinaG
08-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Thats awsome! I know he'll do fine and so will you ;)

jillybean720
08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Keep pumping him full of fluids! I got dehydrated a few weeks after my surgery, and it really sucked - racing heart, aversion to food/drink, nausea...avoid it at all costs!

nanj
08-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Keep him on the path Nessa! Remember to be kind, because he will be taking care of you in just a few weeks!

MyGirlFriday
08-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Glad to hear that all is going well!
Not too much longer before it will be your turn Nessa!

mgf~:flow1:

ladybugnessa
08-24-2009, 09:50 AM
he's doing great.

they pulled the drain on friday. he had lost ANOTHER 21.5 pounds. SHEESH.

he's eating cottage cheese, cream of wheat and creamed soups... and drinking...

today he has blood work....

and then he has to look for a job. his company was closed on friday without any notice.

KO
08-24-2009, 10:12 AM
oh man Nessa So much good and so much stress! will you guys still have insurance?
my prayers are with you love!

annie175
08-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Water is the most important thing to accomplish just after surgery, forget all the other crap. You don't want dehydration.

ladybugnessa
08-24-2009, 10:22 AM
oh man Nessa So much good and so much stress! will you guys still have insurance?
my prayers are with you love!

oh we are not worried.
he's a school bus driver, he'll have a job maybe today.
his big concern is that he might not be able to start next monday....

our insurance is from my job so we are fine!

ladybugnessa
08-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Water is the most important thing to accomplish just after surgery, forget all the other crap. You don't want dehydration.

he's drinking as far as I know.... he's a man and he's stubborn. I can give him the drinks. I can remind him to drink. I cannot pour it down his throat.

KO
08-24-2009, 11:29 AM
SF Ice Pops helps Post op too!

ladybugnessa
08-24-2009, 11:36 AM
interestingly enough he loved them before surgery he's not interested in them now.

KO
08-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Flavors are funny right after surg! maybe a crystal light slushy or something would be good. .. However he's a big boy he knows he has to drink so it's in his hands

jiffypop
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Nessa - keep an eye on the cream of wheat and the cream soups. if he starts feeling bad, please keep in mind that these two items are LOADED with carbs - and that to be on the safe side [ie, to avoid DUMPING], he should keep his consumption to 15 grams of carbs or LESS per eating 'episode' [i can't bring myself to call them MEALS at this point!! :shrug: )

ladybugnessa
08-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks Jiffy. I am watching him. If only I could convince him that greek yogurt tastes good.

ten days of this may kill both of us... ugh.

jiffypop
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
greek yogurt with a flavored protein powder might work!!! good luck! i hope HE survives!!! <my money's on YOU!!!!>

KO
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I was going to suggest that or splenda and a little vanilla extract
or italian seasoning parm cheese and garlic powder
and if that doesn't work
Put his recovery chair out by the side of the road with a sign Pain in the arse Free to good home ;)

missangelaks
08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Glad to hear he's doing well...Freeze a water bottle and have him sip it as it melts...it's seems like a more attainable goal.

Hugs for you, honey! I'm sure he appreciates you!

ladybugnessa
08-26-2009, 09:13 AM
he is having SERIOUS buyers remorse....
but I can see it's working well....

jiffypop
08-26-2009, 09:42 AM
not sure whether to laugh or cry for your DH, Nessa!!! buyers remorse??? does that mean he's surprised that healing is uncomfortable? or that he can pretty much only LOOK at food these days???

what's going on? believe me, we empathize here!!!!!

ladybugnessa
08-26-2009, 09:44 AM
laugh at him Jiffy. He's a guy.

I keep suggesting a shower might make him feel better... but he's afraid of getting his steri strips wet.. OY. or maybe he just likes the sponge baths... LOL

I think he's healing fine, it's the "I can't eat anything" that's killing him.

jiffypop
08-26-2009, 09:52 AM
i remember one guy in one of my support groups. he'd healed well, lost something like 50 pounds in the few weeks of post-op, and he came to the meeting the first week he was able to go back to work. and PROUDLY TOLD US ALL that he'd eaten a donut the first day back!!! and when we asked him WHY he ate it - his answer was IT WAS FREE - with that expression like 'of course i'd eat it if it was free!!!!!'

MEN!!!! that Y chromosome sometimes....

ladybugnessa
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
I know. I'm worried about depression for him. He's always been one to be a bit teary eyed (he's totally in touch with his feminine side on some things). he cried at touched by an angel the other night... poor boy.

and to top it all off the company he works for was closed permanently on friday so he's job hunting as well...