Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #1  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Plateau my butt!

I am 146lbs! And have been for freakin 4 months! I have done almost 30 days of the P90X and I havent lost an ounce! I dont eat alot...I dont eat too little! Im thinking of going on an all veggie and fruit diet with protein shakes for about a month...Do you think I can do that? Im starting to get upset....VERY upset...This isnt some stupid plateau! Yea right! 4 months! Lets be realistic here! My abs look very nice and I cant keep my hubby off me...literally...lol...But I want to be a skinny muscular lean type girl....I just want to lose 20lbs before Halloween...please help me....
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i wouldnt do that. you'll probably just gain all the weight right back after you quit. my advice is dont bother with things that you cant sustain. just my opinion though! its obviously up to you!!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

How do you fit in your clothes? Same as before? Have you maybe gained a little muscle and lost a little fat? When I first started lifting weight for the first few months my weight stayed the same but I went DOWN a size! That was definitely progress! I was smaller!

I also agree with Julia -- you're thinking of short term progress, but in the long term might gain again after you switch back to your LIFEstyle.

Last edited by Heather; 08-19-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
How do you fit in your clothes? Same as before? Have you maybe gained a little muscle and lost a little fat? When I first started lifting weight for the first few months my weight stayed the same but I went DOWN a size! That was definitely progress! I was smaller!

I also agree with Julia -- you're thinking of short term progress, but in the long term might gain again after you switch back to your LIFEstyle.
For some reason I dont gain weight..I dont know why but I never have...My doctor said it may be genetic..i ONLY gain weight when Im pregnant..I did the "Master Cleanse" after my 3rd baby and stayed at a size 5 for 2 years...DIdnt gain an ounce back....I cant stand pregnancy because I know i gain alot of weight...like 30-40lbs! I didnt gain after a water with lemon and other crap in it (the master cleanse) then I wont gain eating food..

But for some reason I dont lose weight! I have always been 112lbs...And Im 146 and its stressing me out...I cant stand going to stores and I have to get the "bigger" clothes and cant wear what I use to...My mother is 125lbs....she has 5 kids and she is in her mid 40's...She does NOTHING to maintain that...She eats what she wants as i do....I dont gain but I dont lose....Im starting to want to call it quits..

And I do fit into my clothes better, much better....I dont have the love handles anymore...And I have NO bootydo....(when your stomach sticks out farther than your "booty do".lol) I know Halloween is a shallow reason but I want to be sexy...I have always been the skinny stick figure and not able to fit into the sexy costumes...But my body has developed (finally!) over the years and I want to look a certain way...

Last edited by kiahna23; 08-19-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #5  
Baby Stepping Along

Kiahna,
I wanted to offer you a hug and tell you I'm sorry this is stressing you out so much. I read your post earlier this month too so I know things have been piling up a bit. Are you at least feeling better in that department?

I wanted to encourage you first of all to keep doing healthy stuff for health reasons even if it doesn't wind up equaling weight loss. It's the right thing to do for your body and your health regardless of your weight. You've gotten yourself down to a healthy weight and that is nothing to sneeze at.

A couple of questions to consider if you'd like:
Can you tell me what appeals to you or why you think this new restrictive eating plan might cause you to lose weight? Also, what would your day look like tomorrow if you 'call it quits' today? What does that mean to you?

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

How many calories a day are you eating ? Are you following any kind of eating plan ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7eggyc View Post
Kiahna,
I wanted to offer you a hug and tell you I'm sorry this is stressing you out so much. I read your post earlier this month too so I know things have been piling up a bit. Are you at least feeling better in that department?

I wanted to encourage you first of all to keep doing healthy stuff for health reasons even if it doesn't wind up equaling weight loss. It's the right thing to do for your body and your health regardless of your weight. You've gotten yourself down to a healthy weight and that is nothing to sneeze at.

A couple of questions to consider if you'd like:
Can you tell me what appeals to you or why you think this new restrictive eating plan might cause you to lose weight? Also, what would your day look like tomorrow if you 'call it quits' today? What does that mean to you?

Peg

I know I can lose weight that way...I am very healthy and I should be proud of that..I just want to look good too....And are you a therapist? My dads mother inlaw is a therapist and she talks like you....lol....all that "how do you feel?"....type stuff....lol...But Im not going to do it...I just need to get out of this plateau...
Old 08-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
How many calories a day are you eating ? Are you following any kind of eating plan ?
No maam! I dont know how many calories Im consuming either...Im going to keep track of that...But how can I do that if I cook a meal and I cant exactly calculate the calories?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #9  

You can calculate the calories all you need is a good calorie list. I like the Calorie King, there are many others.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
You can calculate the calories all you need is a good calorie list. I like the Calorie King, there are many others.
so like if i make tacos with guacamole or enchiladas...i can calculate it?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #11  

Sure, you just need to look up each individual ingredient and total them up and divide by the number of servings. If it is something you make often keep track of the calorie count and you won't have to do it each time.

Last edited by bargoo; 08-19-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #12  
Baby Stepping Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahna23 View Post
I know I can lose weight that way...I am very healthy and I should be proud of that..I just want to look good too....And are you a therapist? My dads mother inlaw is a therapist and she talks like you....lol....all that "how do you feel?"....type stuff....lol...But Im not going to do it...I just need to get out of this plateau...
LOL I'm not a therapist but have been going through the mind work of weight loss for a long time myself and participated in boards like this for a long time (although not 3fc's). The experiences are more universal probably than any of us can imagine.

I was wondering why you KNOW you can lose weight that way vs what you are doing but then I read the rest of the thread and maybe you know that you can lose weight that way because that is how you would restrict the calories w/o counting the calories. It'll probably work but I would argue that you can indeed figure out and count your calories and eat a much more balanced diet and have a better sense of what/how much you can and can't eat for the long run AND lose the last of the pounds you are looking to lose. If counting the calories seems sort of daunting (I'm not a big fan myself), you could try an exchange type approach as advocated by the food pyramid. You can go to mypyramid.gov, input some basic information and it will provide you with a listing of servings of various types of food and it will provide you with guidelines for healthy weight loss w/in those parameters. It'll give you a number of fruit, veggie, grain, protein and other types of food to shoot for and define what a serving is for each of those categories.

HTH! Hang in there. Doesn't sound like you are quitting today anyway!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the others that if you want to lose weight you are going to need to cut down calories -- since what you're doing now is not working to help you lose. And the easiest way to do that is to first figure out how many calories you eat a day now, by tracking everything you eat and drink now. Once you've tracked that for a week or so -- eating like you do now 00 then cut out a number of calories a day. Cutting 500 calories a day equals 1 pound of weight lost a week.

The trick is that you have to eat enough so that you give your body all the fuel you need so that you don't starve yourself and set yourself up for a binge that takes you off plan a lot. Healthy weight loss (generally 1/2-1% of body weight a week) usually doesn't happen as quickly as we would like.

There are lots of good resources online for tracking calories, even of food we make at home. There's dailyplate and fitday to name two.

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Okay, here is what I'm thinking, for what it's worth.

You say your "normal" weight was always around 112. And at that weight you were "stick figureish", but now you have developed more and you would like to get back down now that you have developed more, so that you can now wear sexy clothes (am I following you?)... BUT, do you suppose the reason you have developed more is BECAUSE you have a few extra pounds? Do you think it is possible that if you take off the 20 you'll start looking stick figureish again? Maybe the reason you have developed more and have more curves is because you have a little more weight. Just a thought. I know the thinner I get the less curvy I become.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 380/380/198

Height: 6'3

When I hit my first plateau I was at like 320 I stayed there for awhile. What I did to change it was to tighten up my eating habits and do a more instense cardio at the gym. It got me past it and I haven't hit one since, but I know it will happen again. Try not to be down and stressed that can also hurt your weight loss. You can do this just refine some and maybe do some really intense cardio more often and I hope you get past it.
Nate0201 is offline   Reply With Quote