Old 08-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #221 Bale of Turtles On Track!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspuiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
We had gotten very long, so I started a new thread. Please check back in #220 to read what Lin and Cherry had to say as the last couple of posts.

In the meantime, I'm back from my WI and I want to post some good ideas to help everyone and especially Bandit since she has had WI's without meetings this summer. The topic today was winding down of summer and facing the plateau that might have occured this summer season. Summer can be a big problem with relaxed expectations, etc. You know whatever it is for you. The ideas are simple, but here they are:
weigh and measure carefully, make sure you've re-calculated your target points for your weight, step up exercise, write down everything you eat. I'll throw in my favorite (since it's so easy for me and makes a difference: drink plenty of water). None of these is earth shattering, but maybe one will spark something to help someone back on track. Good luck to us all!

My WI was good and I was down 0.6#. I'm so happy because that is getting me closer to onederland. I am especially happy because I had the luau here at our house this Saturday and somehow my eating on Sunday wasn't the best, so rallying on Monday and Tuesday let me lose a little and not have a gain. Remember when I'd sabotage myself on Tuesday right before my Wed. WI? Well, I'm working hard to overcome that kind of thinking. :
Judy
234.6/202.8/199.8 and into onederland
Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #3  
Chick

hi Guys,
this is the right one where we'll be posting now.
Judy
Let's do this!@
Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - nice job at the scales this week!

I stayed the same this week, which I know is better than a gain.
Looking forward to getting back to my meetings in Sept - really noticed a difference over the summer with only w/i and no meetings.
Will, definately have to have Plan B for next summer.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #5  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Thursday

Was feeling sorry for myself.
TOM
Only went down 0.8 pounds
did not do yoga @5:00 am
forgot to call best friend/WW Leader @5:30am (ritual)
Have been over points since Sunday
Thnx 2 bean burritos, no cheese

Somehow
, my very favorite workout Theme song played, just as I rounded the corner for my last street, on my bike ride, that is uphill. Really pumped me up.

And I swear, on my puppy doggie's life, the song actually repeated itself!
Accident?
I think not!
never done that since I got it in June.
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #6  
Turtle Buddy

Hi!

I wrote a post earlier, but forgot to submit it after I previewed it, so it's gone. I'll try to remember what I said.

Cherry, and more . You have a difficult situation to deal with. You have a new baby, plus other children. It means you're probably chronically fatigued, which makes it that much harder to find your motivation. Wish I could you up some. But, all I have to offer, besides the , is to repeat ancient wisdom--it's a lot easier to take care of your kids if you've taken care of your health first. Eating healthy food gives you energy. Getting enough sleep (I can hear you laughing!!) ditto. Exercise gives you energy. And I wish you the best with figuring out how to fit it all in.

Judy, (all the happy dances I could find) It's for the weight loss, of course, but even more for the breakthrough in not sabotaging yourself. That's how you'll get to onderland--and soon, I bet.

Bandit, nice that you didn't go up. Sometimes maintaining is the best we can do.

Ms. Meri, we're turtles. The idea behind the turtle thing was that even if it's only one ounce at a time, it's all good. Be proud of that .8 pounds. It's the right direction and it's moving you forward. on getting in that bike ride. I don't have a bike-noplace to keep it in this small apartment. Riding sounds like fun.

I'm doing fine. Still OP. Tomorrow is weighin day. My new jeans are a bit too large because I'm between sizes. So, I'll get a belt and wait for at least one more size before I replace them.

Adding weight loss for the week to my post: -3 pounds. WW online tracking system is so amusing because, like all software, it just does what it's programmed to do. It suggested I should go see a doctor if I can't slow down my weight loss AND suggested I recalculate my points because of the total amount of weight I've lost. I recalculated my points and it went down by 1 point. The large weight loss isn't really a problem because my average loss is 2 pounds, which is within the healthy guidelines. If the average goes up significantly, I'll eat more weekly points or raise my daily points. I don't want to wreck my health by losing too quickly. After all, the whole point is to make my health better, not worse.

Keep on turtlin'!

Last edited by Lin S; 08-21-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #7  

Judy - yeah for the .6 # down.

Msmeri - Definately be proud of your .8 # down.Like Lin said it is in the right direction.

Bandit- Glad to hear that you maintained. That is much better than a gain.

Lin S- Thanks so much for all the hugs. They are definately needed sometimes. I appreciate all the tips to help me out and i wish you could wave your magic wand to. The baby is finally sleeping about 4-5 hours together during the night so that helps tremendously and i am excercising about every day but i need to get into the routine of writing everything down again.

I think my weigh in will be on Wed. mornings. Wednesday i was 236 so that is my starting weight.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good afternoon, ladies:

Wicked weather up here - was without power last night for 6 hours & when storm hit I was walking at the centre - so got to finish my walk, but no swim - they had already closed the indoor pool. So came home, made sandwich and fell asleep. We were lucky where we are, areas around us are in emergency state.

Have wedding tomorrow - so that should be fun. Have no control over menu so will just have to pick & choose what I think will be OK but still enjoy the day.

Have a nice weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #9  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Msmeri, I loved your workout theme story. That's great.

Lin, WOW on the weight loss! You're really going to town here!

Judy, you're doing so well, too! I can really feel the difference in your posts.

Cherry, {HUGS}

Bandit, I haven't lost a thing this summer. So I know what you mean about looking forward to getting serious again. In my case, it's all the travel and the extra fruit. Unfortunately, the travel isn't going to die down until late October! So I just need to get a handle on things here regardless. I tried on clothes again last night, and that really does motivate me to get serious about this stuff.

We're getting together tonight with friends to celebrate National Spumoni day at a local Italian restaurant. I'm going to check the menu ahead of time and see what to order; that usually helps me make smarter choices. Afterwards we're all heading to Barnes & Noble for an evening of perusing books and talking. I always enjoy that.

Lots more social stuff this weekend -- lunch with a friend from Dotti's tomorrow (which is also DH's birthday), more socializing with friends on Sunday. I'll have to watch the eating, to be sure. I've been selecting more vegetarian options on this eating plan, and I think that's helped keep my weight down. I also really want to get some walking in this weekend. Supposed to be a high of 70 degrees on Saturday, of all things, so that shouldn't be a hardship!

Have a great day, everyone.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi All! I just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone... I have really been struggling lately, not sure why but I just have. Things are super busy around here as we are only two weeks away from the wedding...

Take care everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Fast stop by for me too. My ds drove down to see us this weekend with his two younger children. We're having a great time, but I've got to concentrate on the good time and less on eating too much.
When things calm down tomorrow, I'll chime in with personal responses.
to all of us!
Judy
Old 08-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #12  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Sunday

Well this make the third post in a row saying food is growing in it's power over us (again) Some will power dust is in order!

msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #13  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Good morning ladies, I am a Turtle thats been going backwards for the last couple of years and have gained back 25#s...I am starting back today and will go to a WW meet in the morning....I am very down on myself right now and need some help...
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hey Kerri, welcome to the group... this is a great bunch of folks here. We all know how you feel, we have been there and still get back there from time to time. I am kind of in the place now so we should make good buddies!

Welcome again!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #15  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Everyone!!
, Kerri. Nice to have you. I hope we can help you reach your goals.

Thanks for the , Ms. Meri. We can always use some of that.

, this week, Cherry. You can do this!

Bandit, I had a wedding yesterday, too. It was especially difficult because it was the type of party where the waiters walked around with trays, so you couldn't see what there was and choose. And, it was not low-cal stuff. I chose to eat no more than one of anything and shared cake with Paul. Still, I ended up using more of my weekly points than I wanted to.

Hi, Princess. Nice to see you.

Lauren, I hope all your social occasions were fun and you enjoyed your walk.

I had another challenging day today--pot luck at church. This weekend just about decimated my weekly points, so I'm eating light during the week. One other good thing--more activity planned this week. I have to go into the office all 5 days, which means 5 days of walking to and from the train. I need the extra exercise this week to help balance the difficult food challenges during the weekend.

We'll see how it goes.

Keep on turtlin'!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote