WW Clubs and Groups - #221 Bale of Turtles On Track!

View Full Version : #221 Bale of Turtles On Track!

Itryharder
08-19-2009, 01:04 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspuiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
08-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Turtles,
We had gotten very long, so I started a new thread. Please check back in #220 to read what Lin and Cherry had to say as the last couple of posts.

In the meantime, I'm back from my WI and I want to post some good ideas to help everyone and especially Bandit since she has had WI's without meetings this summer. The topic today was winding down of summer and facing the plateau that might have occured this summer season. Summer can be a big problem with relaxed expectations, etc. You know whatever it is for you. The ideas are simple, but here they are:
weigh and measure carefully, make sure you've re-calculated your target points for your weight, step up exercise, write down everything you eat. I'll throw in my favorite (since it's so easy for me and makes a difference: drink plenty of water). None of these is earth shattering, but maybe one will spark something to help someone back on track. Good luck to us all!

My WI was good and I was down 0.6#. I'm so happy because that is getting me closer to onederland. I am especially happy because I had the luau here at our house this Saturday and somehow my eating on Sunday wasn't the best, so rallying on Monday and Tuesday let me lose a little and not have a gain. Remember when I'd sabotage myself on Tuesday right before my Wed. WI? Well, I'm working hard to overcome that kind of thinking. :goodscale:
Judy
234.6/202.8/199.8 and into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
hi Guys,
this is the right one where we'll be posting now.
Judy
Let's do this!@

bandit2
08-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - nice job at the scales this week!

I stayed the same this week, which I know is better than a gain.
Looking forward to getting back to my meetings in Sept - really noticed a difference over the summer with only w/i and no meetings.
Will, definately have to have Plan B for next summer.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

msmeri
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Was feeling sorry for myself.
TOM
Only went down 0.8 pounds
did not do yoga @5:00 am
forgot to call best friend/WW Leader @5:30am (ritual)
Have been over points since Sunday
Thnx 2 bean burritos, no cheese

Somehow, my very favorite workout Theme song played, just as I rounded the corner for my last street, on my bike ride, that is uphill. Really pumped me up.

And I swear, on my puppy doggie's life, the song actually repeated itself!
Accident?
I think not!
never done that since I got it in June.

Lin S
08-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi!

I wrote a post earlier, but forgot to submit it after I previewed it, so it's gone. I'll try to remember what I said.

Cherry, :hug: :hug: and more :hug: . You have a difficult situation to deal with. You have a new baby, plus other children. It means you're probably chronically fatigued, which makes it that much harder to find your motivation. Wish I could :wizard: you up some. But, all I have to offer, besides the :hug:, is to repeat ancient wisdom--it's a lot easier to take care of your kids if you've taken care of your health first. Eating healthy food gives you energy. Getting enough sleep (I can hear you laughing!!) ditto. Exercise gives you energy. And I wish you the best with figuring out how to fit it all in.

Judy, :carrot: :broc: :dance: :dancer: (all the happy dances I could find) It's for the weight loss, of course, but even more for the breakthrough in not sabotaging yourself. That's how you'll get to onderland--and soon, I bet.

Bandit, nice that you didn't go up. Sometimes maintaining is the best we can do. :cool:

Ms. Meri, we're turtles. The idea behind the turtle thing was that even if it's only one ounce at a time, it's all good. Be proud of that .8 pounds. It's the right direction and it's moving you forward. :congrat: on getting in that bike ride. I don't have a bike-noplace to keep it in this small apartment. Riding sounds like fun.

I'm doing fine. Still OP. Tomorrow is weighin day. My new jeans are a bit too large because I'm between sizes. So, I'll get a belt and wait for at least one more size before I replace them.

Adding weight loss for the week to my post: -3 pounds. WW online tracking system is so amusing because, like all software, it just does what it's programmed to do. It suggested I should go see a doctor if I can't slow down my weight loss AND suggested I recalculate my points because of the total amount of weight I've lost. I recalculated my points and it went down by 1 point. The large weight loss isn't really a problem because my average loss is 2 pounds, which is within the healthy guidelines. If the average goes up significantly, I'll eat more weekly points or raise my daily points. I don't want to wreck my health by losing too quickly. After all, the whole point is to make my health better, not worse.

Keep on turtlin'! :balloons:

:coffee: :comp: :write: :book2: :chef:

CherryAutumn
08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Judy - :carrot: yeah for the .6 # down.

Msmeri - Definately be proud of your .8 # down.:hug:Like Lin said it is in the right direction.

Bandit- Glad to hear that you maintained. That is much better than a gain.:cool:

Lin S- Thanks so much for all the hugs. They are definately needed sometimes.:dizzy: I appreciate all the tips to help me out and i wish you could:wizard: wave your magic wand to. The baby is finally sleeping about 4-5 hours together during the night so that helps tremendously and i am excercising about every day but i need to get into the routine of writing everything down again.

I think my weigh in will be on Wed. mornings. Wednesday i was 236 so that is my starting weight.:^:

bandit2
08-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Good afternoon, ladies:

Wicked weather up here - was without power last night for 6 hours & when storm hit I was walking at the centre - so got to finish my walk, but no swim - they had already closed the indoor pool. So came home, made sandwich and fell asleep. We were lucky where we are, areas around us are in emergency state.

Have wedding tomorrow - so that should be fun. Have no control over menu so will just have to pick & choose what I think will be OK but still enjoy the day.

Have a nice weekend!

LaurenH
08-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Msmeri, I loved your workout theme story. That's great.

Lin, WOW on the weight loss! You're really going to town here!

Judy, you're doing so well, too! I can really feel the difference in your posts.

Cherry, {HUGS}

Bandit, I haven't lost a thing this summer. So I know what you mean about looking forward to getting serious again. In my case, it's all the travel and the extra fruit. Unfortunately, the travel isn't going to die down until late October! So I just need to get a handle on things here regardless. I tried on clothes again last night, and that really does motivate me to get serious about this stuff.

We're getting together tonight with friends to celebrate National Spumoni day at a local Italian restaurant. I'm going to check the menu ahead of time and see what to order; that usually helps me make smarter choices. Afterwards we're all heading to Barnes & Noble for an evening of perusing books and talking. I always enjoy that.

Lots more social stuff this weekend -- lunch with a friend from Dotti's tomorrow (which is also DH's birthday), more socializing with friends on Sunday. I'll have to watch the eating, to be sure. I've been selecting more vegetarian options on this eating plan, and I think that's helped keep my weight down. I also really want to get some walking in this weekend. Supposed to be a high of 70 degrees on Saturday, of all things, so that shouldn't be a hardship!

Have a great day, everyone.

Princess1122
08-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi All! I just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone... I have really been struggling lately, not sure why but I just have. Things are super busy around here as we are only two weeks away from the wedding...

Take care everyone!

Itryharder
08-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi Turtles,
Fast stop by for me too. My ds drove down to see us this weekend with his two younger children. We're having a great time, but I've got to concentrate on the good time and less on eating too much.
When things calm down tomorrow, I'll chime in with personal responses.
:bravo: to all of us!
Judy

msmeri
08-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Well this make the third post in a row saying food is growing in it's power over us (again) Some will power dust is in order!

:dust:

kerriscards
08-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Good morning ladies, I am a Turtle thats been going backwards for the last couple of years and have gained back 25#s...I am starting back today and will go to a WW meet in the morning....I am very down on myself right now and need some help...:o

Princess1122
08-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey Kerri, welcome to the group... this is a great bunch of folks here. We all know how you feel, we have been there and still get back there from time to time. I am kind of in the place now so we should make good buddies!

Welcome again!
Princess

Lin S
08-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi, Everyone!!
:welcome: , Kerri. Nice to have you. I hope we can help you reach your goals.

Thanks for the :dust: , Ms. Meri. We can always use some of that.

:goodluck:, this week, Cherry. You can do this!

Bandit, I had a wedding yesterday, too. It was especially difficult because it was the type of party where the waiters walked around with trays, so you couldn't see what there was and choose. And, it was not low-cal stuff. I chose to eat no more than one of anything and shared cake with Paul. Still, I ended up using more of my weekly points than I wanted to.

Hi, Princess. Nice to see you.

Lauren, I hope all your social occasions were fun and you enjoyed your walk.

I had another challenging day today--pot luck at church. This weekend just about decimated my weekly points, so I'm eating light during the week. One other good thing--more activity planned this week. I have to go into the office all 5 days, which means 5 days of walking to and from the train. I need the extra exercise this week to help balance the difficult food challenges during the weekend.

We'll see how it goes.

:coffee: :comp: :write: :book2: :chef:

msmeri
08-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Belief fuels passion,
and passion rarely fails.
~ M. Anderson

bandit2
08-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi turtles & a big WELCOME to Kerri!

Princess - nice to see you back with the group!

OK - wedding & all the related outtings is finally over, so I have no excuse not to get down to business on my weight loss.

Really have to get refoccused and motivated.

COngrats to those turtles who are actually losing weight & good luck to those trying to stay on track. It is tough - but we can do it.

Good luck this week to everyone!

kerriscards
08-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome...

Itryharder
08-25-2009, 12:14 PM
:welcome3: to Kerri. We are a great group of gals who really support each other. We're all Turtles, doing well at times and really struggling at other times. However, we're persistent and keep on keepin' on. We're happy to have you with us and we wish you all the best as you tackle your weight with us! :bravo: :clap:

MsMeri, I love the Will Power Dust and it was just the right thing to see as I checked us out over the weekend. My ds is so wonderful, but he's dealing with loads of stress and since there is little I can do about his stress, I eat. Yeah----that's a great idea. My eating will definitely make his stress lessen. Well, in any case, I try hard and get back on track as quickly as I can. I'm journaling again and counted in the points and I should be okay for this weekly WI. It's tomorrow, so I'll let you all know.
:goodscale:

Princess, I know your son's wedding is coming up soon and that always involves stress. Here's :grouphug: and :goodvibes: to get through these days and onto a wonderful memorable wedding and celebration.

Cherry, you can do this! :cheer: We all know how you feel and we're sending :goodvibes: to you.

Bandit, getting down to business is a wonderful way to focus on what you want the most. I just read a great quote that almost doesn't need saying. It is, "Self-discipline is a way of remembering to get what we want the most." I know I can't eat bread and expect to lose weight. It triggers me to eat more of others things. You've had lots of events that focus on food and eating and I know you'll be right where you want to be soon.

Lin, wow, weddings and challenges and all that other stuff. You're smart to track because these special events are what the weekly points are good for. It's tricky, but I was amused to see that by having to work 5 days this week and the extra walking that it entails is being interpreted as a "good thing." :carrot:

Lauren, glad to hear you've maintained your wonderful weight loss. I see you're getting in more exercise and that will hold you well. Hey, are you doing a leaf tour this year? Remember Italy and those fabulous shoes?

Okay, really have to run. I'm doing very well, journaled and ate sparingly, and am hoping to hold my own this week at my WI. Keep on writing because you're all great.

Judy

CherryAutumn
08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Not an official weigh in day but the scale shows i am dropping pounds finally.:carrot: Tomorrow i will try to post the official weight and loss. I am doing WW from home so i have DH there to confirm my weight. He is my biggest support but the rest of my family wants me to be healthy to. I am very overweight for being only 26 and i want to be a healthier me so i have the energy and strength to play with my kids. They love to be outside.:^: My little girl is 4 and likes to exercise next to me and i feel proud to be teaching her something healthy for her.:) I will try to write personals when i have more time.

Wanted to say Welcome Kerri:hug:

msmeri
08-25-2009, 06:31 PM
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
~ Confucius

CherryAutumn
08-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Official weigh in : 232.6 down from 236 that is 3.4 pounds lost :carrot::carrot:for my first week back on. Not any big changes in my eating yet but lots of excercise which makes a big difference because i am a definate couch potato sometimes.

Itryharder
08-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Cherry, weigh to go! :goodscale: :bravo: :cp: that is a wonderful weight loss! Keep up the good work. Yay

I had a good WI too. I lost 1.4# to bring me to 201.4# and sooooooo close to onederland! :carrot: and :dancer: I'll be back later, but had to congratulate Cherry and give you all my good news too.

Judy
234.6/201.4/199.8 and into onederland very soon! :cool:

Lin S
08-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi!

I'm really enjoying seeing your losses this week. It's nice to have company. ;)

Judy and Cherry, nice going. You're super close to onderland, Judy. And I bet this gives you some motivation, Cherry. :D

Love the quote, Ms. Meri. :cool:

I laughed that you found my walking thing amusing. I love walking, preferably if I'm going somewhere. I do miss living close to a really nice public track, though. It was a great way to get exercise in. :)

I'm doing Ok, considering how this week started. I'm on track, as best as I can figure, since I have no idea, really, what the points for some of the food was. I estimated and that's the best I can do.

I hope everyone else is doing great. Keep on turtlin'! :balloons:

:chef: :write: :comp: :coffee: :book2:

bandit2
08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Morning, turtles:

Cherry - fabulous loss! Good for you.

Judy - my goodness, you are really doing great, that is fabulous

Lin - nice job staying on track.

As for myself - I have really been struggling lately. Was up 1/2# this week at my weigh in, so really have to get refocussed for sure.

Our meetings start back up in Sept, thank goodness. SO looking forward to get back to my routine.

Hi to everyone else. Princess - how you doing?

Lin S
08-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi, Everyone,

I'm down 1 more pound this week. :dance: I'm going to have to try changing my ticker later. For some unknown reason, my update didn't take.

:hug::hug::hug:, Bandit. I hope things get better soon.

Have a fantastic Friday, everyone.

:chef: :write: :book2: :coffee: :comp:

CherryAutumn
08-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks ladies.

Sounds like everyone is going in the right direction.

Bandit when you get your routine back in order you will be kickin it into gear. Just keep on keepin on.

As far as my excercise I am over halfway done with my 30 day challenge on Wii Active. I think it has really helped and it gives you a rest day every 2 days. If i still feel like excercising i can do my Walk away the pounds cd or I can do my own workout i can put together on wii active and if i am looking for something low key i can do Wii Fit. I have found a little exercise a day really does help my mood:D since i suffer from depression.

Itryharder
08-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Lin, :goodscale: :bravo: :cool: :dancer: keep up the good work. Isn't this great? Weigh to go!

Bandit, the summer is almost over and you'll have your "in person" support from TOPS very soon. In the meantime, 1/2# could be most anything including holding a little fluid, etc. I know you'll pull it all together this week and lose some weight and feel great at your next WI. those baby steps really work.

Cherry, I am amazed at your dedication to the Wii program and how it's helping you. I've gotta run and get on my :tread: because I've let a few too many days go by and then the good habit gets broken and it's a chore to start up again. I'm also adding arm weight exercises this week since our WW leader set up a challenge of us each doing something small and simple that we "know" will help us lose weight this week or help firm up. I've got 3# weights and I've used them once or twice and now I've got a routine posted on my computer and I'm set to go. My arms are real flabby and I'm not sure what they'll look like when I get closer to my real weight, but I'm hoping to help out this way. Whew! I'm wordy today.

Everybody, keep on keepin' on. Enjoy the weekend. We don't have anything planned and we ran errands today, so I'm looking forward to a good time. Hey, I'm trying a recipe for black bean burgers and if they are any good, I'll post the recipe.

Everybody have a great weekend!
Judy
234.6/201.4/199.8 and into onederland :cool:

kerriscards
08-29-2009, 09:23 AM
It sure looks like you all are doing great with all the losses...I am doing OK, I did go over points a little so don't expect a great loss...I am on a one or two times a month weigh-in..I can not afford weekly so I must try to get motivation elsewhere in between...

Keep it up....:carrot:

Itryharder
08-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Kerri,
With more than 20# down and right at 200# You're doing great! Here's to a good :goodscale: and a nice weight loss. Keep posting here so we can get inspired by you and vice versa! :cp: :bravo:
Judy
234.6/201.4/199.8 and finally into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
08-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi all, we have reached the "high anxiety" stage of the game here... LOL. Down to less then a week! Going to see the Moody Blues tonight and we have beautiful weather here, even a little cool but very sunny.

Hope all is well with everyone, I am just swamped here right now so I don't get on line much anymore.

Take care!

Itryharder
08-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Princess, have a wonderful wedding for your dear daughter-in-law and son and when you can catch a breath, fill us all in on how it went.
Love, Judy

kerriscards
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks Judy, I lost that 2 years ago..I lost 50#s and have climbed right back up..that is why I am so upset with myself...I now need to get it off again. I have done this so darn many times, will I ever learn before I die....:D:D
OK thats it ..I got that out of my system....:o
My scale moved and i am so darn happy..Looks like 2 #s
Congrats to all who had a loss this week.....:hug:

bandit2
08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - good luck with all your wedding plans, very exciting time for you!

Kerri - congrats on your weight loss. That is really good!

Judy - how you doing?

Everyone else - hope you all had a great weekend & stayed OP

As for myself - had an outting with my ladies group & my dd came home yesterday, so nice to catch up with all her things.

Weather has been cooler, but sunny & is suppose to be dry all week, so looking forward to that.

I have planned to get in a walk tonight & took chicken out for supper along with sweet potatoe & green beans. Hopefully, planning ahead will help me not get sidetracked.

Have a great day!

msmeri
09-01-2009, 07:45 AM
If you can find a path with no obstacles,
it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.

Frank A. Clair

:^:

Lin S
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi, Everyone,

It's nice to have a morning where I can catch my breath and spend some time online catching up with all the folks I know who don't live anywhere near me. Being able to make friends around the world is one of the things I like best about the internet. Sorry, in advance, for posting a novel, but I've been AWOL, explanation below. Had a lot to say. :D

Hey, Ms. Meri. I hope your week is going OK. Thanks for the little quotes and bits of information and wisdom you add to our thread. :)

Kerri, :hug: and don't feel bad about gaining and having to take it off again. We've all been there. We're fighting our own bodies, with their natural tendencies to want to weigh more than is healthy for our overall size. It's a tough road and that's why we turtles don't try to race down it. It takes time to create habits that can help us be where we want to be. Hang in there. You'll do fine. :) And, reading down the thread--congrats on the 2#!! :carrot:

Princess, I hope you had a great time at the Moody Blues concert. They're on the long list of musicians I'd like to see in concert. When that mythical ship comes in and I can afford it, I'm going to lots of concerts and do lots of travel. :D

I hope the wedding goes spectacularly, and has one memorable thing go wrong. The thing is, I don't remember much about my wedding except starting late because we had to make an emergency trip to the tux rental place because one of the guys was given the wrong tux and it ended early because a whole bunch of people had to leave to attend a friend's recital for her master's degree in piano. Paul and I should have gone with them. It would have been a fun start to our marriage. Anyway, that's the kind of thing you remember and I'm hoping for something memorable, but not horrible, for your family. :D

Cherry, Everyone I know who has a Wii loves it. I want one for Christmas. But, I also want a lot of other expensive things I can't afford. :lol: So, when the 30 days are up, are you going to do another one? :devil: Evil me--challenging you before you finish the first one. ;)

Judy, good luck with the arm exercises. I have a friend (and my boss) who's a conductor. She does not have flabby arms. Someone should make a conduct music exercise plan for middle-aged women. :p

Bandit, planning ahead always helps. What I hate is when I plan ahead, but things change and I can't do my plan. Then I rely on that old Boy Scout leader training and go with plan B. :D

I've been working like mad last week and over the weekend. It was the first concert of the season and we did it twice, which is a first for the orchestra. We're doing that again in May. It was fabulous, but I am the box office. So, I had ticket orders up until a couple of hours before each concert. I didn't get off when I was supposed to and worked a ton of extra hours. That's not a complaint. It's an explanation for why I've seemed to disappear this week.

I suppose it's no surprise that I was challenged this past week. Paul baked potatoes in the grill and grilled a whole bunch of chicken early in the week and we ate pretty much that with veggies and fruit all week. That kept me on track, but I got bored with it. So, Sunday, we went to lunch at a really nice restaurant, took a much-needed break from the frantic work situation, and ate way too many points for one meal. BUT-it wasn't too many for fitting into the week.

I didn't let myself get sidetracked by unnecessary guilt over having a splurge. When those thoughts wormed themselves into my brain, I reminded myself that it's all OP and what matters is the whole picture. So, I stayed with the program the rest of the day, using weekly points for dinner. And back to my regular routine yesterday.

My boss gave me the rest of the week off from going downtown. I'm doing some work from home. So, I'm also going to cook some interesting meals, so I don't end up splurging again just because I'm bored with the food in the house. Tonight I'm cooking a meal for some church members who just had a baby. It's great to be on the newly-formed cooking team to cook for people who need a break due to illness, new babies, etc.

I don't know what will happen with the scale this week. I suspect that not taking the train downtown will have more of an effect than that one delicious splurge. So, I'm planning to take a walk or swim later and make sure I get exercise in the rest of the week, too. And I noticed my weight loss finally showed up on the ticker. I'm more than halfway to my first goal. And, from the highest recent weight, I've lost 19.5 pounds. :cool:

:chef: :comp: :book2: :write: :coffee:

msmeri
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Lin ~ Nice to hear people are still doing your newly-formed cooking team these days. Sounds wonderful and you will truly be blessed.

Bandit ~ Enjoy that Weather, we were 112 yesterday and with all the smoke from the fires all the kids @ school can't play outside. There was ash on our car the other day.

Judy ~ My arms are real flabby also. Just was given several dresses that are shorts & top all together (looks like a dress) new size, free from cousin yippie! anyway they are mostly sleeveless. Not sure if I will wear to work. I have been doing the Ultimate Arms workout on demand TV it is only 5 min. You can see it at sportskool.com. My measurements went up over the last 4 months in the bicep ares - does that mean it is working?

Yesterday we got a used Wii from a friend of our Son's. I have been wanting one since we started WW in January, my leader has one and we use it quite often on WI nights. I can't afford any fitness games just yet, going to borrow, that way I will figure out what I like better.

Still a lil down from what the Dr told us on Thursday. Not doing half the exercise I had been doing. Yesterday was the first day I tracked since then, and I had to force myself. Bet it is going to show on the scale tonight.
:cry:

CherryAutumn
09-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I am really disappointed in myself this week. Weigh in today and i am up to 237 which means i gained back all that i lost and more.:cry::stress::frypan:
I am not sure what went so wrong this week. I know i am still eating to much but i am still exercising. Maybe not enough. I won't give up though. I have to do this some how.:?:

Itryharder
09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Lin, your attitude is great and I can tell you're in this for the long haul. :cp:

MsMeri, love all your little sayings. :idea:So glad you got a Wii from a pal.

Kerri, these things happen. Get back to your good exercise, don't beat yourself up and keep on keepin' on. :tread:

Princess, I'm thinking about you and all the plans for the wedding. :bravo: for being such a good mom and future mom-in-law!

Bandit, I bet TOPS is about to start very soon. :goodscale: is in your very near future!

It looks like a lot of us are having a few problems right now. For the newbies, this happens often. Then we pick ourselves up, clear our heads, figure out what we have to do and then do the baby steps to get there! We're heading into a new season. For some of us, it's back to work and for others they're getting the kiddies back to school. All I want to do is to encourage all of us to keep on the list of things we need to do! We make lists all the time, but we've got to take care of ourselves and be on that list! Buy and prepare food, exercise, drink that water and be kind to ourselves.

By the way, I had another small loss this week. I'm still not under 200# at my WW WI, but I'm soooooooo close. I lost #.6 today and I now weigh #200.8. If I am very careful and exercise this week, I'll be under #200 at last at my next WI. Please all send me :goodvibes: Thanks!

Judy
234.6/200.8/199.8 and finally into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
09-02-2009, 06:45 PM
WhaHoo! Great Job Judy. Cant wait for you to make it in to onederland. We are so proud of you.

Hi to Msmeri, bandit, Lin S, Princess, and Kerri.

msmeri
09-03-2009, 08:54 AM
went the WRONG direction on the scale last night
up 1.6
But I know where I went wrong
and have the knowledge to fix it

I think another excuse is..
I got comfortable in my size 18 jeans.
Have been in the 20's since High School

Need to strive for One-derland!

**REFOCUS**

bandit2
09-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone:

Sounds like some of us are struggling & that is no fun at all.

I finally had a good week at the scale - was down 1.75# so was extremely happy with that. This summer has really been a challenge for me.
So nice to have a loss & that hopefully will keep me motivated over the next week. I am on holidays til next Wednesday, which will be nice to finish up the summer.

Hope you all get back on track & OP

Have a great one!

Lin S
09-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi, All,

Ms. Meri-yeah, the cooking team is truly a blessing. Our church also cooks for the family shelter 4 times a year and for the group of homeless men who are sheltered in our fellowship hall for a month every year. I've had to miss some of those opportunities due to other commitments, but I've cut back in some of my other commitments because those things are more important.

I'm sorry you were up this week. :hug::hug: But I'm glad you're learning from it and are ready to fix it. This week will be better. :)

I had a learning experience, too. We took my son out to dinner last night to a favorite Italian restaurant. I swear the calzone was almost as big as the small (I think it was 12") pizza my son ordered. But it was mostly bread because it's stuffed. Then they pour marinara and cheese on the plate. I didn't know all of this ahead of time and I had a hard time figuring out how much to eat. I ended up eating half, and it was too much. They have variations on that calzone that would be fewer points and I'll order one of them next time I want roasted chicken and pesto.

My recent restaurant eating has taught me a few things and I thought I'd share in case any of you want to try my strategies. First, whenever we can agree on what we want, we order one of the item and an extra plate. The classier places split it for us without an extra charge.

If we can't agree, we'll take home the extras. I'm now giving the extras to Paul for lunch instead of eating them myself. He can handle the extra calories, but I can't. I do fine with the meal itself. But the leftovers added to those higher-point restaurant meals make it harder to stay on track.

The last lesson I learned is that I can't look at the whole plate and figure out what to eat while I'm eating it. I can't keep in my head how big the whole thing was once I've started eating it, so I don't know when I've reached a third or half or whatever amount I want. And I still don't have a good handle on "full". I'm working on that. In the meantime, I need to ask for a separate, small plate--a salad or appetizer plate. Then use the plate with the food as a serving platter. Take the amount I want and put it on the salad plate. Restaurant portions look like serving platters, not dinner plates, these days and that observation is what clicked for me in how to handle it.

Cherry, it's a balance between exercise and food that makes the difference. So, even if you exercise, if you eat more than you burn, you'll gain weight. It sounds like you might need to try to find some time to plan ahead, which may help you keep that balance. It's tough with young children, including a newborn. You might consider trying to maintain your current weight for a few months, until your baby is a bit older and you can focus a bit more on the program. Doing that isn't a failure. It's just coping with reality. Good luck!! Keep posting. We'll do whatever we can to support you. :hug: :hug:

YAY! Judy, that's fantastic! :cp: I know it's hard to be so close and having it come off so slowly. But it will and you'll be in onederland soon.

Keep on turtlin'! :balloons: (Turtlin' is our own party. That's why I put the balloons, in case anyone was wonderig.)
:chef: :comp: :coffee: :book2: :write:

Itryharder
09-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi Turtles,
First of all, thanks for the kind comments. :grouphug: You Turtles are the best!

Second, Bandit, weigh to go! I :cp: you for not giving up and putting off good eating until your next TOPS meeting. Down #1.75 is terrific! :goodscale:

MsMeri, gaining is not fun, but you seem to have a handle on what's happening. You have had an extraordinary weight loss so far and you've dropped weight quickly. I think a little "comfort" does sneak in once in a while. I'll be happy to hear the numbers from your next WI. :goodvibes:

Lin, yeah, when I grab a minute I'll post about my restaurant experiences too, but I like how you're thinking.

Okay, gotta run, but I'll be back soon.
Everybody have a good Labor Day weekend and enjoy this wrap up of the summer.
Judy
234.6/200.8/199.8 and into onederland :cool:

Lin S
09-03-2009, 08:14 PM
:bravo: First, bandit--YAY!! I don't know how I missed your wonderful weighin results. Maybe you posted about the same time and it didn't show up on my screen because I hadn't refreshed it.

Second, my husband's company had layoffs, including him. It's so scary and I'm just trying to cope with the news right now. Anyway, this is going to be the biggest challenge because I've never been able to maintain, let alone lose, weight during a major life crisis. Especially one like this that could last a very long time. Anyway, I'm planning to keep on posting and do my best to stay OP because wrecking my health won't help our family bottom line.

:coffee: :comp: :book2: :write: :chef:

Itryharder
09-04-2009, 08:28 AM
LIn,
I'm so sorry about your husband's being laid off. I'm sending :goodvibes: and :grouphug: and :love: You have been an inspiration in setting up this club at www.3fatchicks.com and I know you for a long time. You and your dh are facing a huge challenge right now, but I know you have it within you to keep on going and to do the right thing for you and your family.
Love, Judy
234.6/200.4/199.8 and closer to onederland

kerriscards
09-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Happy Friday, It sure looks like everyone is working hard and doing so good...
I had some surgery last week and have not been able to do any exercise this week and that kept me down for a bit...On my way now to get the stitches removed and hoping to get started back moving..:goodscale

Lin, I wish you and your DH all the best right now..I always have trouble when I go out to eat...:hug:

Bandit, Congrats to you, your doing so great...:cheer:

Well I better run for now....BBL

bandit2
09-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Morning, turtles:

Lin - so sorry to hear about your family situation. That is really tough - financial stress is hard to cope with for sure. Hang in there & just do your best.

Judy - you are always on the go & are doing so great with your weight.
Keep it up - you are soooooooooo close to the next level. Congrats!

Kerri - hope you are doing OK after your surgery. That is never fun.

I spent yesterday poking around the house & organizing some things.
Made spaghetti squash with veggies & pasta sauce for dinner, which was good for a change.

Meeting up with dd at trailer for tonight & tomorrow, so will be nice to catch up with her & her roomate is coming as well. So a girly weekend.
Then Monday going out on a "new friends" boat for the afternoon. This is a new fellow I just met - so that will be a nice way to spend some time chatting.

Anwway, have a great long weekend!

Lin S
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the supportive comments, everyone. We're hanging in there and moving back into "take everything one day at a time" mode.

Kerri-I hope everything went well with your surgery and you have a fast recovery. :)

Bandit, I love spaghetti squash. Your dinner sounds yummy.

Had another good weighin today. Down .5 pounds, to an even 227.

:coffee: :comp: :book2: :write: :chef:

Itryharder
09-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Turtles,
Kerri, feel better fast from your recent surgery! :grouphug:

Lin, weigh to go! :goodscale: (and with restaurant eating in the mix) That's great news.

Bandit, have fun on the boat. Glad you met a new "fella". Have a great time. By the way, thanks for mentioning spaghetti squash. :chef: I eat that in the winter and love it. I hadn't even considered eating it in this weather, but when I read your post, I thought you had a great idea there. Thanks! I've been trying to tweak my eating patterns by having less grains and certainly less wheat to get a better weight loss and I miss spaghetti.

Okay, today I'm off to my dear niece's home for a :hb: celebration. She is a Vegan who is hosting a "Polish Fall Festival" for dinner. This should be quite the mix of food! All I know is that although I love Polish food, it can be plenty high in calories, sugar and fat and I'm going armed. I'm going to have a huge salad with some protein right before we leave to go to the party. Then I'm bringing my old standby of Pineapple Angelfood Cake so I'll have something WW friendly for dessert. I'll pick up something else too (pretty much our family does that---guests bring desserts and we end up with a fabulous Viennese table). Tomorrow we're having my dd and grandson and also our best friend, Mary, over for an end of the summer BBQ. I've got the food for that and it's all good stuff. I'll plan on having one burger and call it quits at that. Along with a huge tossed salad, pickled beets I'll make myself, and a small portion of orzo/spinach/basil/tomato salad I'll be set!

Everybody have a good weekend and keep on keepin' on. Dare I say it? Let's make sure we're drinking our water!
Judy
234.6/200.4/199.8 and finally into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
09-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Life is so weird and I'm working so hard not to let food get a handle on me. Let me explain. In the past, if I had a party to go to, I would eat ahead of time since "the party would be so difficult and what's the use?" Now I'm working on planning ahead and making my life easier as far as food temptations. Today I was facing a huge eating challenge (Polish food at a :hb: party, but I didn't get to go. How about that? Worry over nothing. My dd and dear grandson caught bad colds and since my dd has been really pushing herself to get too much done, she was under the weather big time. To make the story shorter, my dh went to the party and I headed to my dd's home to help out with my grandson while my dd caught up on some rest. To protect my good eating, I stopped at a place that makes chicken, got some healthy sides and a tossed salad and my eating was just fine. Now I'll relax now that I'm home and all should be well.

You all take care. I guess my point today is "Don't worry and eat ahead of time. Face challenges as they arrive and plan and prepare as much as you can. " Guess that's like Lin's Plan A and Plan B. I'm learning a lot from you gals, so keep up the good posts.

Judy
234.6/200.4/199.8 and finally into onederland! :cool:

kerriscards
09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Had a few Min..to sit and catch up on my mail etc..Hope you all are having a great week-end...Catching up on laundry and made a quick run to deliver some Avon orders..I am feeling good..

Bandit, does he have a brother? I"m looking...LOL Have fun on that boat..:beach:

I picked bunches of basil from my garden and I made a great batch of pesto sauce, yum (not to WW friendly) cooked up some fetachini and shrimp and will take the whole pot to my Mom and Dad for lunch tomorrow...:eating2:

Lin, glad your scale is moving down...:goodscale

Lin S
09-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi,

Judy, I love your story. Life certainly does have its surprises. It's nice that you were able to cope with your food challenges in spite of having to change your plans.

Kerri, I LOVE pesto. And it's good for you, if you don't eat too much of it. You can measure out the amount for the number of points you want to eat and stretch it by mixing it with plain yogurt. You get the pesto flavor and a creamy sauce.

My philosophy is that everything's WW friendly, you just have to manage portion sizes and how often you eat it. I'm doing fine with portion sizes. I've been surprising myself lately in that area. I made a savory corn custard with white beans and only ate half of it because it was too much food. I ate the other half today for a nice 3-point lunch. The whole lunch was 3.5 points because the half of a peach was another .5, but the half of an heirloom tomato was 0.

So, I've been staying OP, so far, since my life went back into crisis mode. I really don't want to gain back the weight I've lost because of getting depressed. I want to keep losing. After all, regaining the weight isn't going to help my finances any. :D

:chef: :coffee: :comp: :book2: :write:

Itryharder
09-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi Turtles,
Kerri, that basil pesto sounds yummy. :chef: :bravo:And isn't Lin's idea great of stretching it with a little yogurt? Great idea.

Lin, weigh to go about watching how you're eating. :chef: :cp:

We tried a garden this year, but the rabbits ate all my basil. I didn't get any. We had a few eggplant and green peppers. The tomatoes have been yummy, but the humidity have taken a toll and we didn't get the crop we expected. Oh well====it's all pretty good anyway.

Tomorrow I may break 200# at the WW WI. I've got my fingers crossed. Today's eating was good and I've been below 200# a couple of times this week on my home scale. I can't wait! I'll post tomorrow either way.

Judy
234.6/200.4/198.8 and into onederland :cool:

msmeri
09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Judy ~ HOW EXCITING!!
let us know the minute you get back home
:crossed:

bandit2
09-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - sending you "skinny vibes" for your weigh in - that is sooooo exciting!
Good luck!

Site has been busy this past week which is always good. Congrats to all of you who has lost at the scales.

So, my Tops meetings begin again tonight so I am excited and look forward to getting back on track with everything. I really do need the meetings to keep me focussed and on track.

Although I still have lots of social things coming up - this Friday is ribfest & that is really yummy & Saturday I have singles dance, so have to plan ahead for those.

But will be nice to get back to meetings & preplanning proper meals again.

Good luck everyone!

Lin S
09-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi,

Checking in this morning. I was supposed to work downtown today, but yesterday I tripped and landed splat :stars: on my middle. It was like doing a belly flop, but on the floor instead of in the pool. Didn't do any serious damage, but my ribs are sore, as are various muscles. My boss suggested that I work from home today. I love my boss!! :D

:goodvibes: :crossed: Judy for your weighin. I'm looking forward to seeing you reach onderland today. :cool:

I'm glad your TOPS meetings have started, Bandit. It's obvious from your posts that your regular routine really helps keep you on track, so I'm glad you're able to get back to it. Looking forward to seeing you move forward. :)

I'm doing Ok with following the program. It's like it's one positive thing I can do right now.

:chef: :comp: :coffee: :book2: :write: And a new one, in honor of my favorite goody-- :corn:

Itryharder
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi Turtles,
Lin, feel better soon! A belly flop without water must smart!

Bandit, good luck with your TOPS! Glad you'll be back to all that group support. :grouphug:

Well, my news is not that great. For whatever reason, the WW scale registered at 200# right on the dot! I saw 199.8#, but it registered at the higher number. The good news is that I'll be there next week for sure. The other good news is that I've lost 34# so far from my highest weight and when I lose a pound this week, I'll have lost 35# and I'll break 200#. A classic case of counting my chickens before they hatched. Oh well, I can do this and I'm on a roll. I lost .8# this week (I had the number wrong in my signature) and that's not bad. At least I'm going in the right direction. Thanks for all your early congrats and I'll have earned them this time next week. In the meantime, let's all keep on keepin' on! I'll start a new thread soon.

Hey Princess, how was the wedding?

Judy
234.6/200/195 and well into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi Guys,
Time for another thread. See you all at #222 Bale of Turtles Facing Fall!
Judy
234.6/200/195 and looking forward to onederland :cool: