General chatter - Kindle - Any Canadians out there have one?

Fressca
08-19-2009, 09:58 AM
As you may know, the Kindle e-reader isn't available in Canada, and I thought I'd be clever and order one anyway, have it delivered to my step daughter in Miami, and have her send it up here to Ontario.

That part all worked fine, but having read some of the Kindle forums at Amazon, I'm a bit worried that you have to have a US credit card, with a US address, to download books.

Any Canadians here have a Kindle? How did it work out for you? I hope I'm not going to have a problem; I'm so excited to get my new toy! I ordered a cute pink cover for it and everything....

RealCdn
08-19-2009, 12:36 PM
You might have problems, and the sad thing is that you won't know until you purchase it. I have an amazon.com account as I occasionally buy books there. For fun I tried adding a kindle book (knowing I could stop the transaction). The system told me that I didn't have a kindle attached to my account - that might be a bigger problem.

Fressca
08-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi RealCdn, thanks for the reply. I've been AWOL, running around getting ready for a vacation. But I'm happy to report that the Kindle is up and running; there were some hoops to jump through, but it's doable. There are lots of forums, blogs etc. out there that help show the way.