Games - BASEBALL 2009 ~ The PLAYOFF RUN

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : BASEBALL 2009 ~ The PLAYOFF RUN

EZMONEY
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Well TEAM mean 'ol Ruth shut us down again :carrot:

I love it when we post 500 to close the thread!

You are all awesome!

We are playing BIG BIRD again tonight....

a team on the rise

vs.

a team sinking quick :(

BillBlueEyes
08-18-2009, 09:54 PM
a team sinking quick :(Yep, tell The Nation about THAT, LOL.

We might get October off.

SweetCaroline - should we hang on to those reservations at the Ritz?

Sweetcaroline
08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Thank you Gary... I saw the 'closed sign' and figured you would be along any time to get us going again..

Nail biter here tonight with Toronto... its 10-9 Boston in the 8th...:(

So I have a little debate going with a guy I work with...
Do you think 'home-town' announcers to be team-neutral ? or root for the home team ?

EZMONEY
08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
ROOT FOR THE HOME TEAM!

or get a new job!

Clydegirl
08-18-2009, 11:04 PM
The Play-Off Run I like it.

Clydegirl
08-18-2009, 11:24 PM
The St.Louis Post dispatch is reporting that Smoltz will be signing with the Cards.

Clydegirl
08-18-2009, 11:39 PM
:( Not going so well tonight.

Sweetcaroline
08-18-2009, 11:48 PM
------------- Rut Ro.... I will be back later... I have to go bite my tongue...

Now William...:soap: Let us not forget these are the World Champion Boston Red Sox... and as die-hard members of RSN... we must keep our chins up, our heads held high... and stay positive.. Because it's simple, starting with NY this weekend everyone else's bats will turn to rubber and the balls to grapefruit :rofl: No prob... we'll be fine... :bike:

:hug:

EZMONEY
08-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Hang in there SWEET-C ~ BILL and NATION!

So far so good for me tonight...but remember our closer can't close!

Clydegirl
08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Caroline you are tied in the wild card race. Take deep breaths.

Gosh you're playing the Yankees again, seems like you are always playing them.

BillBlueEyes
08-19-2009, 04:34 AM
Do you think 'home-town' announcers to be team-neutral ? or root for the home team ?

Announcers is easy, Root for the Home Team

The more difficult question, what about Umpires?

Slashnl
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM

Oh good one Bill. Ha!

Rockies won, by the way! It was really close. Hope we can do well again tonight.

Sweetcaroline
08-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Good question Bill... to me, it depends on the call... :rofl:
Clydegirl... Smoltz is going to be in the pen ? It kinda bums me out that he would have no part of the RS pen... I guess things change when your a man without a country...

We go against Halliday tonight... hmmm... hope we can tucker him out early.

We are playing the Yankees this weekend, we play them 19 times each season.. which is not so great news at the moment... The awesome news in RSN is Jerry Remy will be back in the booth on Friday to welcome the Yankees back to Boston !!! :goodvibes

EZMONEY
08-19-2009, 08:18 PM

The guy disappears for days then comes back with this...

OUTSTANDING!!!

Sweetcaroline
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I know it... he's pretty quick huh ?
I think we do need to speak to him about his attendance. :gossip:

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 08:12 AM
slooooowwwwwwly running out of gas.....

Sweetcaroline
08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Gary... I'm so sorry, this is horrible timing... Sox seem to be pulling together a little, still down 7 LOL... I hope you guys snap out of it. (sorry Clydegirl) it will be a race to the finish for you guys... one of you will be coming to the East Coast ...

We've got some pitching on the way back, Wakefield (knuckle-baller) has a herniated disk in his back and bad hammy can't run well, but he's coming back anyway...
We've had guys going home because they were expecting 1st child, the nerve.. :rolleyes: :lol:

On Tuesday we were down to two men on the bench, no replacement catcher and we've had pitchers pinch-run...:dizzy: LOL

43 games left :yikes:

Slashnl
08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, I guess a win is a win. We can just barely stay ahead of the Nationals each game, but I am happy we are getting the W's. One more game with them, then we have to face the Giants at home. (after that... the Dodgers... ooooo!)

TXJess
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm a Rangers fan but it's been really hard this week considering they keep blowing their sizable lead after the 5th inning. :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping they can pull it together enough to squeak past Boston for the wild card.

Clydegirl
08-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi guys I'm back. Had to drive up north to drop off dd at college.

Well, well. We won the series against those Dodgers :)

Smoltz was signed and will be starting Sunday against the Padres. He has to be better than our 5th starter. Hopefully Dave Duncan can work his magic on him.

Hi TXJess welcome to our baseball heaven.

Sweetcaroline
08-20-2009, 07:43 PM
---- :welcome2: Welcome TXJess, nice to see an AL poster... I'm a Boston nut... a few Sox fans here, mostly NL... Cards, Dodgers, Colorado, Mets... hope you come on back... it should be an interesting Sept...

Bill... hope you're ok

Confirmed tonight there will be hockey at Fenway Park... yup... no kidding..

Enjoy your games everyone... :corn:

Sweetcaroline
08-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi guys I'm back. Had to drive up north to drop off dd at college.

Well, well. We won the series against those Dodgers :)

Smoltz was signed and will be starting Sunday against the Padres. He has to be better than our 5th starter. Hopefully Dave Duncan can work his magic on him.

Hi TXJess welcome to our baseball heaven.

Clydegirl... Welcome back, bet you missed us... Congrats on the series..
So Mr. Smoltz is 'starting' huh... well, I hope he gives you a good start...but my tongue already hurts ;)

BillBlueEyes
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm just hoping they can pull it together enough to squeak past Boston for the wild card.Welcome. It's nice to have a Rangers fan onboard. I'll be cheering for you guys to come in no further down then second in the wild card race.

[And no further up than second also, LOL.]

We wish your Mr. Smoltz all the best. We sent Manny to the Dodgers and Gary has been very pleased.

Bill... hope you're ok Yep, diverted by RL a bit. A win last night got me feeling positive again.

Clydegirl... So Mr. Smoltz is 'starting' huh... well, I hope he gives you a good start...but my tongue already hurts ;)

[Hey, check out what I wrote to Cyldegirl - I think I sounded more sincere than you did.]

Sweetcaroline
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
................. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ya, you did Bill...

Clydegirl
08-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Hold your tongue Caroline.

Maybe he just did not like Fenway and or the American League :)

Believe me he has to be better than Wellemeyer.

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Not trying to be a party pooper here....

I am getting sick and tired of losing the games we won earlier in the year...

you know, those 2-2 in the ninth....etc...

pitching getting thin but we picked up a headhunter from the Rangers...who dumped him!

Sweetcaroline
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Oh boy... we took 3 in Toronto...
Gearing up for the Yankees who are already in town,
and we are still physically in Canada.. that's just wrong... so wrong...

Of course who do we have starting tomorrow night to kick off this important, season determining series.. :chin:
to show the Yankees we are still in this..
the series that could get us out of this hole
-----:sssh: ---- wait.. wait for it...
Mr. Brad Penney... of course... he's always good for 4 innings or so.....:stress:

But they make up for it on Sunday when Beckett and Sabathia go ... both 14 game winners...
Sorry guys, i'm very yacky yacky tonight... I'm all excited again...

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I would love to have Penney back....lazy work ethics and all right now!

Sweetcaroline
08-20-2009, 11:13 PM
I would love to have Penney back....lazy work ethics and all right now!

He'll might be available on Monday... :D
If not Mr. Smoltz might be...

EZMONEY
08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
He'll might be available on Monday... :D
If not Mr. Smoltz might be...

Good to hear...

the way weare going now we will give up more runs to the Cubs than a bad batch of beans.

Clydegirl
08-21-2009, 08:45 AM
You beat those Cubs Gary.

Mr.Smoltz will be just fine.

Slashnl
08-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh boy. Up against the Giants. I hope we can push them down further than just 2 games behind us.

Sweetcaroline
08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Good Luck Diane... :crossed: I think this is going to be a big weekend everywhere..

OT: Julie and Julia is a must see !

EZMONEY
08-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Feeling better after our win last night....

Will those cubbies ever win the big one?

Sweetcaroline
08-21-2009, 08:09 PM
............Second Inning... its 6-1 Yankees... you want Penny, Gary... Please take him... I'm putting him on the next plane out of here before the Fenway Faithful get to him and rip off his arms... :mad: :D :D

{Caroline mutters.. Its a game... Its just a game...} anything can happen...

EZMONEY
08-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Maybe I spoke too soon SWEET-C!

Sweetcaroline
08-21-2009, 09:07 PM
.....10-1

BillBlueEyes
08-21-2009, 09:53 PM
.....10-1

15-4

Good grief.

Sweetcaroline
08-21-2009, 10:00 PM
15-4

Good grief.

:rofl: :rofl: damned Yankees...

Peabody Mass. is losing 10-1... it must be a Mass. Thing tonight... poor kids..

Sweetcaroline
08-21-2009, 10:52 PM

EZMONEY
08-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Watching BIG BIRD play the Padres tonight since we got home from dinner.

What was that football score between the damn ones and NATION?

Watch for Chula Vista from the West tomorrow in the Little League on espn...

cubbies are going down tonight....pleeeeezzzzz guys

Clydegirl
08-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Not a good night to watch Gary.

You could help by beating the Cubs.

EZMONEY
08-22-2009, 12:48 AM
feeling groovy

Sweetcaroline
08-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm lovin it... we beat the Yankees 14-1... it was our turn, to show them up for a day anyway ...:dancer:

EZMONEY
08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Doing our best against the cubbies to help BIG BIRD and stay ahead of COLORADO D

EZMONEY
08-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh and our county represenative, Chula Vista Little League, won 15-0...glad I dvr'd it while we went to church.

Sweetcaroline
08-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Oh Gary... I saw most of that game... it was a masacre.. I felt so bad for that Kentucky team... all those homeruns in one inning... guess that pitcher took one for the team... however I do like the rules for pitchers though...

BillBlueEyes
08-23-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm lovin it... we beat the Yankees 14-1... it was our turn, to show them up for a day anyway ...:dancer:
Yep, the good Mr. Youkilis got TWO homers and six RBI's. Nice to have him back in the lineup.

Clydegirl
08-23-2009, 09:17 AM
The Cards got their 10,000th win beating the Padres 7-0.

Now today our new guy goes on the mound.

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Hmmm...Wakefield off DL, in Penny's spot on Wednesday ... I'm wondering if Penny could really be outta here ???
Billy Wagner may be coming here from Mets... RAZZ... ?? A blogger said it's like a rehab hospital around here...:lol: we'll give em' all a whirl...

Our game is on Fox tonight... I hate network games... those guys never shut up...:blah: and either do I as to how much I hate the network broadcasts... :blah:

Bill... I'm going to google it... but who was the manager that had the tomatoes growing out in right field ?
Yes readers.. Red Sox have farming, dancing and musical abilities ... our bullpen has a drumming section...and Papelbon does an Irish jig...
I wonder what he's wearing under that kilt ? :o :D

Slashnl
08-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Ha, good one, Caroline!

Lots of runs in Colorado last night. Thankfully, we ended up with more than the Giants. Trying to stay ahead of the Giants and catch the Dodgers. It is such an effort!!!!

Clydegirl
08-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I like a man in a kilt.

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I like a man in a kilt.

............... :rofl: :rofl:

Razz44
08-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Playoff run?? Hmm... there will be no playoff run for my team.. hope that means I am not banned from posting here ;)

Yes SweetC, I heard about the Wagner thing. I think they have until Monday or Tues to work out a deal. Not sure what to expect from him performance wise... he just came off the DL a few days ago; he'd been out since last August... but he looked good in his brief appearance. Hopefully he can help the Sox.

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Clydegirl... what the heck is going on out there ? :stars: It sounds like a sox/yanks game...
shame shame.... :nono: LOL...LOL

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh and our county represenative, Chula Vista Little League, won 15-0...glad I dvr'd it while we went to church.

Peabody Mass is playing them right now...
We need a win... Peabody is 0-1... but they are 17-1 on the road to the WS..

EZMONEY
08-23-2009, 07:04 PM
it's a good game so far SWEET-C

too bad my guys lost and her guys won....although anytime the giants go down is fine with me!

I liked MANNY much better OFD....on fertility drugs....

Slashnl
08-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Nice game today. In between my canning tomatoes, I've been watching the Rockies and the little leaguers. Fun stuff.

Clydegirl
08-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Caroline, Smoltz got the win. He looked good out there.

Blooming bullpen nearly blew it.

EZMONEY
08-23-2009, 08:43 PM
somebody please shut Joe Morgan up!!!! does he ever shut up?

BillBlueEyes
08-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Can you keep it down around here? The Yanques and Red Sox are tied 2-2 after two innnings, and I suspect that Sweetcaroline is busy trying to pull this all together.

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
somebody please shut Joe Morgan up!!!! does he ever shut up?

NOPE !!!!!!!!!! and once you notice it .... its really bad ! I heard all of these stats last night so its a repeat to boot.. :D

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Can you keep it down around here? The Yanques and Red Sox are tied 2-2 after two innnings, and I suspect that Sweetcaroline is busy trying to pull this all together.

LOL... oh... I'm sorry Bill... if I sit in front of the TV they do not do well, so I have to sit over here at the puter... maybe not.. I'm over here and the Yankees just scored...
I think they just called Damon a scrapper...
I can transcribe the whole game if you'd like... LOL

EZMONEY
08-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Joe morgan can repeat anything and I mean ANYTHING...a bazillion times!

BillBlueEyes
08-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Just keep up the good work, Sweetcaroline - the heavy bats will kick in anytime now.

P.S. Who is this Joe Morgan person that you-know-who keeps yelling about?

EZMONEY
08-23-2009, 09:33 PM
obviously BILL is listening to the game with the TV on mute...is that possible?...listening to the game on mute?

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL... yup... Gary we just turn on the local radio station... and listen to Joe Castiglione, its the only way to not lose your mind...

there are 3 of them tonight... not a moment of silence...

Bill... wherever you're sitting, get up and move please...

Clydegirl... I'll trade you a Penny for a Smoltz...

Clydegirl
08-23-2009, 10:15 PM
We will keep Smoltz.

I just put the game on. I think I will be watching Project Runway from the other night :)

Sweetcaroline
08-23-2009, 11:14 PM
ohhhh thanks for the reminder Clydegirl I love that show but can't get used to it being on Lifetime...

Razz44
08-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Booo... why can't the Red Sox beat the Yankees anymore??

The Mets can't beat anybody. Yesterday they had a great comeback attempt, down 6 runs, and got it to within 9-6 going into the 9th. Then they scored 1 to make it 9-7 and had 2 on, 0 out.... looking like they might pull out some dramatic win. And then...they put on a hit and run, and the batter hits a line drive up the middle.... right to the 2bman who was covering the bag for the steal attempt, he catches the liner, touches 2b, and tags the runner coming from first... triple play game over. Should have been a 9-8 gm with runners on 1st and 3rd and 0 out, and ends up being game over, we lose. So many crazy losses this yr.

And today (after losing yet another game) they announced Johan Santana is going to miss his next start and is going to see a doctor b/c of pain in his elbow. This season keeps getting worse. Oh and Jeff Francouer who had been playing well for us since acquired in a trade from ATL tore a ligament his his thumb. Somebody must have a giant Mets voodoo doll out there.

Sweetcaroline
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
RAZZ... Poor Mets... I know they are having a miserable season.. But you are a die-hard fan... seems no matter what they do (or don't do) you still support them... Very Very cool... You are a true fan ! Hang in there !! :hug:

Believe me, we would love to beat the Yankees for you but I don't think anyone is going to catch them, but we 'will' be playing and beating them in October !

Sweetcaroline
08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
I can't tell you guys how good it is to have our regular announcers back.. Thank goodness !
It wasn't bad enough to drop 2/3... to Yanks.. but had to listen to those idiots !

Enjoy your games everyone... :corn: :jeno: :jeno:

Clydegirl
08-24-2009, 08:38 PM
No game for us tonight.

Popcorn and pizza looks good.

Clydegirl
08-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Diane how about that walk off grand slam last night!!

Slashnl
08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
That was an amazing game. I have to admit that I missed the last of it. I have some kind of flu and only made it to the 12th inning. Who knew I only had 2 more to go! ha! My husband said it was really fun to watch.

Now we have to face Gary's Dodgers. I hope my guys got some rest last night!!

Sweetcaroline
08-25-2009, 06:20 PM
GARY... 3 games ? :yikes:

BillBlueEyes
08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh NO Sweetcaroline tell me it isn't so. I seem to be slow to get the message.

If I think the Red Sox have a chance for the Division, I'm against the Yankees. That's easy.

But, if I want to bet on grabbing the Wild Card, I want the Yankees to beat the Rangers.

Help me here. Am I really supposed to cheer for the Evil Empire for the next three games?

EZMONEY
08-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Not ignoring you all....I am in denial

Clydegirl
08-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Here we go against the Astros. They can be tricky.

Always an interesting series. Wainwright on the mound.

Dodgers/Rockies may the best team win :)

EZMONEY
08-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Oh thanks A LOT :mad: BIG BIRD....loyalty to the women side.....geeesh....

Sweetcaroline
08-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Bill... great minds think alike, I just heard that the Yanks were winning their game tonight and I thought oh good, I want them to beat Texas... oh wait, did I just say I wanted the Yanks to win ??? so yes Bill it looks like we have to cheer for the E.E. We have no other choice at the moment .........

As far as you NL'ers go... You duke it out and we'll see one of you in October.

We got Billy Wagner today he had T.J. surgery this year... Red Sox rehab hospital is now FULL... we are taking no more admissions....we discharge Smoltz in poor condition, and he was upgraded to 'lucky' 2 weeks later..

Enjoy your games everyone ! :corn: :mcd:

Clydegirl
08-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Gary, Gary, Gary where in that sentence did I favor the Rockies?

Clydegirl
08-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Pitching duel tonight.

Wainwright won 1-0. Good game.

EZMONEY
08-25-2009, 10:51 PM

Gary, Gary, Gary where in that sentence did I favor the Rockies?

Oh I dunno ;)

Razz44
08-26-2009, 01:07 AM
RAZZ... Poor Mets... I know they are having a miserable season.. But you are a die-hard fan... seems no matter what they do (or don't do) you still support them... Very Very cool... You are a true fan ! Hang in there !! :hug:

Believe me, we would love to beat the Yankees for you but I don't think anyone is going to catch them, but we 'will' be playing and beating them in October !

Ah yes thanks. I've been a Mets fan for a long time, so I've been through many brutal seasons. This one has probably been the worst though... just with what the expectations were, plus all the damn injuries. I barely know who these players are that they are playing right now.

Hopefully the Sox (or even somebody else in the Division series) will knock the Yankees out... don't want them in the WS

Whats going on with the Dodgers? I've been avoiding looking at the standings for awhile now, but just saw their lead is only 2 gms? LA playing poorly or just Colorado playing great?

Speaking of Colorado...thats a crazy team seems like they've been alternating being bad and good every yr.

EZMONEY
08-26-2009, 08:13 AM
...... LA playing poorly or just Colorado playing great?

yep :(

Slashnl
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Speaking of Colorado...thats a crazy team seems like they've been alternating being bad and good every yr.

I know! They are a very confused team. Fortunately, right now, they are finding a way to get it done. I was so down on them at the beginning of the season and now they seem to be right on track. Gotta love it. :)

Quite the game last night again. These extra innings are killer!!

Sweetcaroline
08-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Enjoy Your games everyone... :broc:

Sweetcaroline
08-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Come out Come wherever you are !! :mag:

Where are you guys.... we will have no naps during games ! :faint:
So unless you are sick or bleeding :barf:
I'll expect to hear from all of you tonight ! :drill:

Gary... sick does not mean losing... k ? :hug:
EDIT: I just looked at the score... yippee, sorry Diane, 1 game each ok :D

PAPI just hit a walk off against White Sox....:D his 2nd HR

EZMONEY
08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
So far so good SWEET-C...but the way the rockies have been playing...a 5 runs is nothing to catch up!

Watching Little League too...my boys from Chula Vista have to win tomorrow after the loss yesterday.

EZMONEY
08-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Good for PAPI....me thinks there might be something to those 'fertility drugs" the way he and Manny have been since Manny returned....

Sweetcaroline
08-26-2009, 10:38 PM
OK, I marked Gary present, where are the rest of you ?

Clydegirl
08-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Here Miss.

Another close one but another win for Pineiro.

BillBlueEyes
08-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Checking in.

Congrats Gary, your Dodgers seem to be batting well.

Yea for the Red Sox for beating the White Sox in the bottom of the ninth.

Hate to see the Yanques win under any circumstances, but, do like that the Red Sox have a 2.5 game lead in the Wild Card race since the Evil Empire beat the Rangers. Sweetcaroline and I might still host Gary for a spot of tea at the Ritz in October.

Slashnl
08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Well, I figured that we would not win all of the games against the Dodgers. But I really felt that the Rockies were just FLAT last night. Oh well. One more tonight. Then off to the Giants.

I'll be watching the little league games though. Those have been fun.

Sweetcaroline
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Say Goodnight Mr Penny... Red Sox released Brad Penny today..."To make room for Billy Wagner"... in BP...
Any bets on where he'll go ?

Yes Bill... Wild card looks good, and we are only 5.5 back of Yankees... maybe their 'run' is over... I'll call the Ritz... there will be tea and cucumber finger sandwiches :coffee2: with Diane, Gary or Clyde in October !!

I'll be watching the LLWS too... Enjoy everyone.. :corn:

BillBlueEyes
08-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Ooooohhhh ... Cucumber finger sandwiches. Bet that'll get Gary drooling to make it to the World Series.

Sweetcaroline
08-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Ooooohhhh ... Cucumber finger sandwiches. Bet that'll get Gary drooling to make it to the World Series.

But it's the Ritz Bill... and hey come on a little silver platters at high tea...:snooty:

On the other hand I'm thinking it may be more of a Bud-Light :drinkup: and pizza :jeno: night...

We're losing 4-0 :(

Clydegirl
08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Caroline he could come here Mr.Penny that is :)

I love High Tea it's so British.

The bullpen dropped one to the Astros today.

Sweetcaroline
08-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Caroline he could come here Mr.Penny that is :)

I love High Tea it's so British.

The bullpen dropped one to the Astros today.

I'm not saying a word... :tape: rare isn't it ?? lol..
I wouldn't be surprised if he went over to you or Gary... or Diane for that matter.

Bill...how's the traffic down there ? :lol:

BillBlueEyes
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Bill...how's the traffic down there ? :lol:

Good grief!!!! Fortunately I was able to avoid it all, but it sounded like gridlock.

My respects to Senator Kennedy, but I'm sure glad that I didn't spend my evening waiting for his motorcade to pass.

[Although if I did spend the evening in traffic, I wouldn't know the score of the Red Sox game.]

Sweetcaroline
08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
:cry: waaaaaa...

TXJess
08-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Well, I'm a happy camper today. Rangers were able to snag 2 out of 3 from the Yankees AND the White Sox beat the Red Sox.

White Sox winning is double good: 1. For the Rangers wild card standing and 2. My husband loves the White Sox since he was a wee wittle boy. :D

Clydegirl
08-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Actually if I was going to support an Illinois team it would be the White Sox. Just saying :)

EZMONEY
08-27-2009, 11:58 PM
strutting my chest out there tonight....

plus our Little League team won in a great one against Georgia.....

be back to chat tomorrow...busy tonight

life issues ya know

Slashnl
08-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Well, dang. I would have liked to have that last one, Gary. We're on to the Giants again. Hopefully we can do some damage!!!

Clydegirl
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Walk off home run Albert Pujols.

We're playing the Nationals this weekend. We are going to the game tomorrow. It's picture day.

That game was a bit close for my liking.

Clydegirl
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Smoltz got the start tonight. He did all right got a no-decision.

Also Khalil Greene got a pinch hit home run.

Where is everyone?

Clydegirl
08-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Going to the game tonight :)

Should be fun there's a real buzz at Busch Stadium right now.

Sweetcaroline
08-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Have a great time at the game clydegirl.. I think we'll get rained out here.. The remnants of Hurricaine Danny are upon us... been raining since last night.

Sweetcaroline
08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Surprisingly enough, our game went off as scheduled....

Congrats Gary on Chula Vista....LLWS... Though I'm a wee bit confused with the timing of the games... We've been wall to wall Senator Kennedy today...
I'm off to find it...

EZMONEY
08-29-2009, 09:24 PM
It was a great game for Chula Vista 12-2....mercy ruled...hate to see that for the kids. I was able to see it live since it was postponed for rain....had to work today...

not feeling well...been sick a few days...

we won too so that was good...

Big Little League Game tomorrow.....Chula Vista vs. Chinese Taipei

Sweetcaroline
08-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Swine flu Gary ?... I'm serious... two people I work with (a married couple) were diagnosed with it this week... they were admitted to the hospital for IV fluids. Hope you feel better ............. GO Chula Vista !!!!!!!

Clydegirl
08-30-2009, 12:00 AM
It was Photo Day at Busch Stadium. The fans get to go onto the field around the perimeter. It's all roped off and the palyers walk around. Got tons of photos. Mark DeRosa drop dead gorgeous. There were a few other hunks walking around. They all looked so good.

Great game won 9-4. Fantastic atmosphere.

Gary hope you feel better.

Clydegirl
08-30-2009, 05:15 PM
And that's the sweep.

My photos turned out well. I may try posting some.

Sweetcaroline
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Holy double play batman !

This a good LLWS game...

Sweetcaroline
08-30-2009, 06:10 PM
It was Photo Day at Busch Stadium. The fans get to go onto the field around the perimeter. It's all roped off and the palyers walk around. Got tons of photos. Mark DeRosa drop dead gorgeous. There were a few other hunks walking around. They all looked so good.

Great game won 9-4. Fantastic atmosphere.

Gary hope you feel better.

That sounds like a great time Clydegirl... I'm jealous ;)...
I hope you can post some pics for us...
We won today... 3.5 games over Texas in Wild Card race...

Gary...I'm sending get well :hug: :hug:

EZMONEY
08-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Thank you all for the wishes!

Still feeling crappy...can rasie my head and body just for short periods of time before I need to lay down.

The Little League game today perked me up...and the Dodger win of course .....but....it was a day that makes it all the more special for me because of baseball....

Angie and I....and my kids....have spent the last two weeks glued to the tv for the Little League games....great times....

baseball does that for you!

Sweetcaroline
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I totally agree that baseball plays with your emotions... I love it !!
Peabody MA went out early in the pool rounds.. but.. it's not so bad to be beaten by the best...

Clydegirl
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Gary hope you are safe and not near the fires.

EZMONEY
08-31-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank-you ~ the fires are about 100 miles north of me and I won't be traveling that way for a few weeks.

Losing to the snakes by 2 at the moment....

Read that the METS have 88 million on the DL and 11 million playing...poor RAZZ!

Razz44
09-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Yes this has been quite the depressing season for the Mets. Everyone has been hurt.

But the good news is we may be finally getting some people back. David Wright is coming off the DL tomorrow, and Carlos Beltran who has been out since June is going to start playing some rehab games on Wed, hopefully he'll be back soon...maybe next week. Its too late to matter in regards to the playoffs or any of that, but it will be nice just to watch those guys play again.

Slashnl
09-01-2009, 10:54 AM
So we have Contreras now. Is that a good thing? I don't know much about him.

Gary, glad you are in a safe area! The smoke in our valley is unbelievable, way out here! I'm sure it is just awful there.

Sweetcaroline
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
So we have Contreras now. Is that a good thing? I don't know much about him.

Gary, glad you are in a safe area! The smoke in our valley is unbelievable, way out here! I'm sure it is just awful there.

Gosh Diane, I forgot about the valleys that must be scary to get smoke all the way over there... I'm praying for the victims, the animals and for those who are in a constant state of fear that their home will be next... Though beautiful I don't think I could live in CA... mother nature shows off too much there.. lol..

Clydegirl... Contreras is familiar for some reason... I'm off to find out..

RAZZ... you post is a perfect example of you be a true fan ! WTG

Finally a game tonight... thank goodness.. unfortunately its in Tampa *land of the cow bells* lol....

Sweetcaroline
09-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I thought this player transaction log was interesting..

Wow Gary Jim Thome ??

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=8&year=2009

EZMONEY
09-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Yep ~ We needed a good quality pitcher to get to the play-offs and advance past the first series....

We end up with a good DH....HELLO.....WE are in the NATIONAL LEAGUE!!!

A veteran utility player, Ronnie Belliard, who hits about a buck fifty...although he did go yard yesterday in our loss.

We did get Jon Garland who's era is higher than the letters in his first name....some one buy that guy an H.....

I'm feeling better....be back to harass you all soon....

I hope you teams (other than D) win.....winks and hugs

Clydegirl
09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Got the win against the Brewers.

Belliard played here in 2006. He was a good wee player at 2nd base.

Glad you are feeling better Gary. It's not the same around here without you :)

Slashnl
09-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Well, we won! It was time for a good game for the Rockies. I really feel sorry for the Mets, but I'm glad we got a win.

Poor Mets. Unbelievable how hard their season has been with all of the injuries.

Sweetcaroline
09-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Gary, I will say that I chuckled a bit when I saw that Thome trade... yup... he'll be
r e a l.... comfy in the NL in Sept... LOL... ah.. who knows...there have been more than a few surprises this year. I hope you're back soon to fill us in...

OH MR. BILL .... where art' thou ?

Gosh, I know Diane, that's really hard to watch... I know when we aren't in contention they are the longest Septembers ever...

I can't keep track of all the NL action... good luck to everyone !

The Aaron Boone story is amazing... open heart surgery 5 months ago, back playing this week... I guess I can let my grudge go now... LOL

Clydegirl
09-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Lots of hits tonight, won 10-3.

Slashnl
09-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Rockies had a great game last night. Giambi came through with a big hit and it was great to see him out there. It seemed like all of the players were having a lot of fun last night. Well, maybe not the Mets.

Clydegirl
09-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Lost one to the Brewers, 4-3.

Oh well onto Pittsburgh.

Slashnl
09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Clyde, we lost too. I guess 2 of 3 isn't bad, but now I have to hope that the Giants and Dodgers get beat too! (Sorry Gary!)

Sweetcaroline
09-03-2009, 08:51 PM
:dizzy: Geesh... It seems like they just took a bunch of 'old' players and tossed them from a plane... wherever they landed would be their new team... I like to think I know my team, but they pinch ran this guy last night that I've never heard of... Is it me ?
and just when I figure it out.. :corn: it will be 'extended' roster time..
I'm not likin tonights game :kickcan: ... its tied, but we need to kick some butt.. its getting late... sorry I'm a cranky-pants tonight...

EZMONEY
09-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I am just so pleased brad penney pitched 8 innings of shut-out ball for the giants yesterday NATION...

NOT!!!!!!!!!

Sweetcaroline
09-03-2009, 10:22 PM
..... See that, Gary.... he fell out of the plane over San Francisco :joker:

and no I'm not crazy, read my earlier post...

BillBlueEyes
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Ye of little faith SweetCaroline, The Nation wins 6-3.

Good enough for me.

Sweetcaroline
09-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Ye of little faith SweetCaroline, The Nation wins 6-3.

Good enough for me.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, William has reached the homestead...:wave:

and you are correct Bill... It was a very good game..
any game we win now, is a very good game...:D

Stepping Out
09-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Finally a game tonight... thank goodness.. unfortunately its in Tampa *land of the cow bells* lol.... [/COLOR]

My DH drove us 275 miles, much of it in pouring rain, to see the game Wednesday. We just made it in time, only to find out that our seats were right in front of DRUNKS WITH COWBELLS :mad: :rolleyes::bomb: !! We were sitting in the left field boxes, so we got to see those nice home runs balls close up. We STILL had a great time anyway. We only get to see the Sox once a year..it would have been nicer if they'd won. ;)

BillBlueEyes
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Good grief. The Sox are down 12-1 after four innings.

Sweetcaroline - I leave it in your care.

Sweetcaroline
09-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Good grief. The Sox are down 12-1 after four innings.

Sweetcaroline - I leave it in your care.

Naaaa... they're gonna lose Bill, sorry... let em' get it out of the way, we're in there for four games....

I'm not in front of the TV .... all night I kept hearing " and that's a double for Kotsay" and "Kotsay will score"... took me a while to remember he was traded and now playing for Ozzie and the Dull Sox... Way to keep up Caroline... LOL

Sorry Steppin... those cowbells are obnoxious aren't they...

Clydegirl
09-04-2009, 10:25 PM
We won 14-7. I got a bit worried when the Pirates scored 6 runs in the 5th but we rallied.

Clydegirl
09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
OK I know your regular players need a day off here and there but why are we giving them a day off on the same day!!!!

Pujols, Holliday, DeRosa, Molina and Ryan all on the bench tonight. We also have a rookie pitcher going.

Should be an interesting game.

Sweetcaroline
09-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Seems like our whole team took a virtual 'day off' today, no offense, where's the offense ?... we lost again to the Dull Sox.

I think we lost Wakefield (knuckleballer) for who knows how long, he may have pitched his last game today... {snif}... I'm not liking this weekend at all so far...
----------------------------------------------------------
OT: Can i whine a little please ? ... short version... i've put off achiness and numbness in my right (not heart) shoulder/arm/hand for em' like about 8 months, it turned to horrible pain about 2 months ago, had MRI, have a piece of neck disc pushing on nerve, percocet is not touching the pain, its like a big toothache in my arm that never goes away, no sleep etc.. I can't have epidural injections, they won't reach it, need 'nerve block', 2nd opinion agrees... I have a new job starting this week, ...holy wrap... I'm going to lose my mind !!!! whew... thank you.. I know this post belongs 'out there'.. I'm going to post in general later, but I love and trust my BB Buds.. and feel better already.. :hug:

EZMONEY
09-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Prayers for the pain SWEET-C....my sister, who is experiencing some other issues, just found out she has 2 crushed discs in her neck/back that need fused. She is on heavy pain medication now. With her lupus this could be a very tough surgery on her...as I said, several other issues but this one is the painful one.

Those guys don't score a run against a pesky rookie padre that has an era of around 9!!! Not going to do far in the play-offs if we get there....without a good lucky streak....fat chance.

EZMONEY
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
BIG BIRD....you have nothing to worry about...looks like you are the ones to beat this year to me....don't think that will happen.

Clydegirl
09-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Caroline ((((((())))))).

I've got you in my prayers. Hope you get some relief.

Clydegirl
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Unbelieveable. 1-1 after 9.

Bring in Albert to pinch hit in the 10th and he hits a laser out of the park. Cards win.

Sweetcaroline
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
thanks guys... could you pray for RSN too please

BillBlueEyes
09-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Sweetcaroline - Good grief, "holy wrap" indeed. You deserve prayers and alll the supportive thoughts we can send your way. emailing home made chicken soup in addition, which also won't reach the nerve but touches the feeling that mom is still looking after you.

Good luck figuring out how to survive day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute with this. And good luck with your new job - here's hoping that you can feel the joy in your new circumstances despite feeling the roaring "big toothache in my arm" distraction.

Sweetcaroline
09-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you Bill... I'm stocking up on Orajel... lol

Red Sox Magic Number is 36...:wizard:

Here's a link to the magic numbers..

http://www.mlbmagicnumbers.com/

Clydegirl
09-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Dropped one to the Pirates. Franklin blew the save. He's been lights out all season. Oh well sometimes you have days like that.

Cards magic number 15.

EZMONEY
09-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks SWEET-C...the Dodgers number is 22...looking forward to a win tonight over those pesky padres.

Clydegirl
09-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Caroline good luck with your new job today.

We have 3 against the Brewers. Bring out the big bats.

Slashnl
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Caroline - Sending my prayers and best wishes to you too. I've been out of touch lately, so I didn't see your post until today. Good luck with the new job.

My Rockies are doing well. We play the Reds today. I wish the Reds weren't on such a win streak right when we are going to play them!!!

EZMONEY
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Hearing those footsteps again D and I don't like it....no-no-no!

Sweetcaroline
09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice to see you Diane.. thanks for the well wishes... I'm hanging in there...

And here we are... in SEPTEMBER !!! Can you believe it ??
Every game means a lot, geez, in our case every 'out' is important...

Clydegirl
09-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Chris Carpenter gets a one hit shut out.

Magic number 14.

EZMONEY
09-07-2009, 08:47 PM
WE got a "must win" today....but then so did everybody else.....

MAGIC # 21

Slashnl
09-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Lots of "must wins" in the NL West, Gary! ha! I wish you guys would give us Rockies a break and lose a few!

EZMONEY
09-08-2009, 08:06 PM
D in case you haven't noticed winning is not something we are good at lately.

Sweetcaroline
09-08-2009, 08:48 PM
YAY... Sox beating up on Baltimore 8-0 in the 5th... we need this one after getting beat up by the dull sox 3/4...

Magic number is 33... :wizard:

Carlos Pena of Tampa Bay out for season with broken fingers after being hit by a pitch... that had to hurt ....

Clydegirl
09-08-2009, 11:31 PM
:carrot: Cards win 4-3. Whew that was a close one.

Matt Holliday 2 run homer in the 9th. They have got to do everything they can to resign this guy. Love having Pujols and Holliday batting 3 and 4.

Magic number 13.

EZMONEY
09-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Came from behind with 4 to win last night....so exciting...reminded me of the early part of the season....

those Rockies won't back down....dang

Slashnl
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Oh dang. I went to bed before the end of the Dodgers game. I was feeling pretty good with the Rockies winning and the Dodgers and Giants behind in their games!
Darn Dodgers! At least the Giants lost!

Clydegirl
09-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Swept the Brewers.

Magic number 12.

Slashnl
09-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Rockies won in a very exciting game! We're sneaking up on you Gary!

Magic number 25. (seems high)

EZMONEY
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
YOU are not sneaking up....we hear you loud and clear. Another starter, WOLF, goes down for a start....that's 2 this week....dang

As least the giants are stinking up the place....yipee for that

Slashnl
09-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Rockies sweep the Reds! Now 2 games behind the Dodgers. I'm wondering if this is going to come down to those last 3 games at Dodger stadium. Scary!

magic number 24

Clydegirl
09-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Diane we have 3 against you very soon.

We need payback after that dreadful series when you swept us.

EZMONEY
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Rockies sweep the Reds! Now 2 games behind the Dodgers. I'm wondering if this is going to come down to those last 3 games at Dodger stadium. Scary!

magic number 24

I see your magic number and up it to 20!

We still have 7 with the Pirates...if that doesn't go well we don't deserve to win it!

I love your thinking here BIG BIRD!

Sweetcaroline
09-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Can we play with you guys tonight... please ???

Bill and I are looking for some action tonight.... :scooter:
Sox are off... :rofl:

BillBlueEyes
09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
What's up with this? NOBODY is playing tonight.

OK, except for the NY Mets.

And the LA Angles after I plan to go to bed; Gary will have to handle that one without me.

Waving to Sweetcaroline - Good night for an hour on your treadmill or sumptin'

Clydegirl
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvP97Z_bvIs

Jack Buck's 9-11 Poem.

Slashnl
09-11-2009, 10:52 AM

I've been seeing that series looming large the closer we get. I am NOT looking forward to it. You have so many guns there, including my favorite Matt Holliday.

Clydegirl
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Diane I'm looking forward to watching Holliday play. Should be a good series.

We are going to the game tonight. 3 against the Braves.

Clydegirl
09-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Terrible umpiring tonight.

Matt Holliday called out at the plate when he was clearly safe. Would have been a tied game.

The strike zone was a joke.

EZMONEY
09-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Oh don't worry BIG BIRD....looks like those Rockies are gonna pass us if we don't get it together....more bad news on our starting pitchers....dang...

which means we will probably play you first....dang!!!....double dang!!!

EZMONEY
09-13-2009, 08:54 AM
SWEET!!!

A big win for us...

feel asleep, in my chair, after watching the Rockies tie the padres in the 9th AGAIN!!!....woke up to see the padre winning run score...yes!!

Was beginning to think they were never going to lose again D....what an exciting race!

Sweetcaroline
09-13-2009, 12:45 PM
We won last night 9-1 against Tampa, we made them look silly... they called the game early due to rain.
Double Header today 12pm and 5pm... I'm ready for them both. :corn:

Congrats to Derek Jeter on his achievements this week. :cheer3:
He may be a Yankee, but as an overall baseball player I think he's one of the best... WTG Mr. Jeter...

Disclaimer: this Jeter post my be removed at anytime, if I change my mind in October for some reason...

Clydegirl
09-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Go away for the weekend and look what happens.

Swept by the Braves. Come on guys you have to get it together.

BillBlueEyes
09-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Double Header today 12pm and 5pm... I'm ready for them both.

And ready you were indeed by winnig both games over the Rays today. It feels good to now have a 4 game lead over the Texas Rangers in the Wild Card race.

Razz44
09-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Ugh we lost both games of a double header to the Phillies today, officially being eliminated from playoff contention. And the last game, 1-0 Phillies win was pitched by none other than Pedro Martinez. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound.

Slashnl
09-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, won only 1 of 3 with the Padres. Maybe the Giants will be a better series for us.

Clydegirl
09-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Cards win the first of 3 against the Marlins.

Todd Wellemeyer got the start and he did everything he could to lose it. Thank goodness he was pulled. Good job by the bullpen.

Magic number 10.

Slashnl
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Sheesh. Lost 3 in a row. I really hope we bounce out of this slump! I like the winning streaks so much better. That darn Linsecum certainly has the Rockies number.....

Sweetcaroline
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow... National League turmoil... sorry guys...
We are just coasting along... I'm a little nervous tonight, We are playing the Angels. We need our own angels we have Dice-K pitching first game in 3 months, Youkilis down with back spasms, Martinez had to go home for personal time... but 4.5 games up in the wild card race is good with me.

Pats game last night helped {grin}... that was awesome...

Clydegirl
09-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Did you all see next year's schedules were released today?

I see the Dodgers will be playing the Red Sox in interleague play.

Wainwright going tonight :)

EZMONEY
09-15-2009, 10:12 PM
HI TEAM ~

Well those DODGERS got a little breathing room last night...most likely to give it back tonight!

DIANE no shame losing to Lincecum....the kid is a "freak" as they say...awesome pitcher.

BIG BIRD you have got to be feeling pretty good right now!

NATION I will bring fish tacos and Coronas to the game when WE play next year! congrats on the win tonight.

RAZZ glad to see you still watching! Baseball can be a loooong season when you lose...long....

Clydegirl
09-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Gary I'm not too comfy yet. We lost tonight to the Marlins.

We still need 10 wins.

Sweetcaroline
09-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Wow... Manny and Dodgers do Beantown... Ya think they did that on purpose ? and we open against the Yankees... what fun...

Dice K is BACK !!! well, tonight he was... all is good in Beantown... Right Bill ?

Clydegirl, bad connection at the farm, it was driving me crazy...darn WiFi's...

BillBlueEyes
09-16-2009, 04:49 AM
NATION I will bring fish tacos and Coronas to the game when WE play next year!

Wow... Manny and Dodgers do Beantown... Ya think they did that on purpose ? and we open against the Yankees... what fun...

Dice K is BACK !!! well, tonight he was... all is good in Beantown... Right Bill ?

Yep, fish tacos and Coronas will do nicely. Loving the thought of Manny and the Dodgers at Fenway.

Did anyone see the Yankees fracas last night?

Slashnl
09-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Bill, I heard about it, but never saw it. What a show!

Well, we're slumping big time right now. Another loss... really bad playing last night. Now we have to concentrate on holding on to the wild card instead of trying to steal the division lead. Grumble.

BillBlueEyes
09-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Now we have to concentrate on holding on to the wild card instead of trying to steal the division lead. Grumble.

The Red Sox Nation know about that one.

Clydegirl
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh brother this is not good :(

EZMONEY
09-16-2009, 08:35 PM
WIN today...

kind of missing those footsteps.....

I love a good race....

anybody but the giants D!!!

Slashnl
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Whew, finally! A win against the Giants, even though we almost let it slip away. We're off today and then on to Arizona.

Gary, hopefully, we can do some catching up.

Clydegirl
09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Cards magic number down to 8 and we didn't play today.

Thany you Milwaukee.

EZMONEY
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Big Bird..... I just hope we don't play you!

NATION....nice series with my Angels......last night Angie says oh someone just scored...I had my back to the game, on the computer, and say who?...she says...the red team....it was the Angels....HA! Thought they had it since it was the 9th....wrong!! Up 4-3 right now....

D I think you are do for another 10 game run....good luck!

Clydegirl
09-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Gary they are playing us for 3 of those 10 games.

So maybe a run of 7 :)

EZMONEY
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I like your style!

How are the other "birds" doing"...any college drama yet....

Clydegirl
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
No drama yet. I'm glad to report.

EZMONEY
09-17-2009, 09:50 PM
just wait!

Sweetcaroline
09-17-2009, 11:56 PM
You win tonight Gary... You can have it though, that was a really 'bad' call last night to put Lowrie on... Umps were terrible this round... I think it was really obvious that they 'even' it out if they screw up a call... On to Baltimore tomorrow... 7 in back of Yanks... still feasable... lol... Wild card is much more likely at 6 games up on Texas.

BillBlueEyes
09-18-2009, 05:27 AM
7 in back of Yanks... still feasable... lol

Sigh . . . dedicated optimism is a mark of The Nation

Clydegirl
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
3 big games this weekend against the Cubs.

Slashnl
09-18-2009, 02:03 PM
No baseball for me last night. On to the D-Backs tonight.

EZMONEY
09-18-2009, 06:21 PM
WE have the giants for the week-end...love those games! Hate-Hate them dang giants!!!!

Not like it used to be though...the hatred...dang!

Joe Torre said the Yankees-Red Sox games caused him so much stress...

Clydegirl
09-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Big games this weekend.

Gary what's your magic number?

EZMONEY
09-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Gary what's your magic number?

With Angie it is 24 carat ....

With my guys it is 11....

Sweetcaroline
09-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Sigh . . . dedicated optimism is a mark of The Nation

That's right Bill.... dedicated optimism and pipe-dreaming... :joker:

We won tonight, 2 more with Baltimore...
Looking at Texas in the rear view mirror... :moped: Bye Bye Rangers...

...ooops cat's out of the bag... Gary... Did Joe forget he could be facing us in the WS ? .... lol

Enjoy your games this weekend everyone... :corn:

EZMONEY
09-18-2009, 10:47 PM
SWEET-C for us to face you we would have to get by BIG BIRD...pretty sure that won't happen!

Clydegirl
09-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Matt Holliday walk off home run.

Magic number now 6.

Caroline what do you think Sox/Cards?

Slashnl
09-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I heard about Matt's home run. I miss him!!!

We lost. Gary lost. Giants won. Not good.

Sweetcaroline
09-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Clydegirl... I think that is a real possibility... we were in a wild card spot in 2004 and got thru ... It seems like ALL of you NL'ers in here are in it with 16-17 games left.
Diane and Gary you're not going to have any fingernails or hair left by the end of reg season are you :stress: lol...

I will be happy with the wild card spot.. I believe if Texas loses one more game we'll secure a playoff spot, then some of the pressure will be off.

Bill... you're the numbers man... :write: The magic number is 22 today, and its our wins plus yankees losses right ? That is too damn close for me... I think they have a chance, but I would rather face GARY's ANGELS :angel: ... right Gary ?

BillBlueEyes
09-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Bill... you're the numbers man... :write: The magic number is 22 today, and its our wins plus yankees losses right ? That is too damn close for me... I think they have a chance, but I would rather face GARY's ANGELS :angel: ... right Gary ?

hmmmmm . . . I use the Elimination number from MLB.com. According to them, The Nation still has a shot at the Eastern Division Title because our Elimination number is so large, i.e. 10.

And Texas has no chance of taking the Wild Card from The Nation because their Elimination number is so low, i.e. 10.

Hope that helps you with Red Sox math.

Sweetcaroline
09-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you Billiam... I figure Texas is bound to lose a game this weekend, and we'll be golden... :cheer:
This is the time of year for what if's and all kinds of scenario chit~chat... its plain and simple to me.. just win damn it... ;)

Enjoy ~~ :corn:

EZMONEY
09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Yep SWEET-C I think the Angels would be your best bet!

WE won big today over those giants....gave me something fun to watch in between seeing my TROJANS blow another "little game"...

remember Gary...it's only a game...a game...a stupid...stupid....game....wink!

Clydegirl
09-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Cards win. Magic number 4.

Great pitching today on both sides.

Brendan Ryan great game today, got both rbi's.

Bill you confused me there :)

Sweetcaroline
09-19-2009, 11:07 PM
We won... Yanks are in Seattle, should be done around 2am...
We're 5.5 games back now... and the fat lady is backstage with a sore throat...

BillBlueEyes
09-20-2009, 05:56 AM
We won... Yanks are in Seattle, should be done around 2am...
We're 5.5 games back now... and the fat lady is backstage with a sore throat...

LOL at the fat lady. Keep her backstage for a while; we might need more time than the few days left in September.

So, the Yanquees snuck by 10-2 over Seattle. With that The Nation's Magic Number remains the same in each direction: 9 toward the Yanquees and 9 toward the Rangers.

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 08:55 AM
TIED with NATION for Magic Number....

it's on!

Sweetcaroline
09-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh Boy.... I Just Love Mid-September :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Almost Time to Pull Out My Play-Off Shrine :lucky:

Slashnl
09-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Rockies win! Yay!
The magic number confuses me, so I'm with Caroline... just win! Make it easy!

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
You are looking good if we can beat those giants today D and you win!!!

Sweetcaroline
09-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Wow... hard to believe we are here in mid-September again ... hmmm and only 5 of us regulars left... and of course RAZZ our most dedicated fan dropping in..

Before we get all tangled up in the playoffs I wanted to say how great its been spending my favorite season with all of you... We have kept this thread going strong with just a few of us, we should be proud of ourselves...
(BILL what are the stats on longest running threads ? :write: :D :D
I feel like I know you guys... and you know me... It's been nice !! { snif }

My favorite posts were about my first Opening Day game on my birthday, I was so excited I couldnt' stand myself... and of course the humor here cannot be beaten... I write short stories (LOL, no surprise).. I should write one about this thread.. working title anyone ?
Okay enough with the sappiness... PLAY BALL !!!!!! Later my BBB....:hug:

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 02:45 PM
:hug: Aww...So sweet....C ;)

How is that stay at home job going?

BillBlueEyes
09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I write short stories (LOL, no surprise).. I should write one about this thread.. working title anyone?

How about Inside, Outside, Upside Down

[Oh never mind, I just remembered that that's my favorite book read to my kids, who've outgrown it by some 25 years or so.]

Clydegirl
09-20-2009, 04:42 PM
We play tonight and it's on ESPN. Aaagghhhh.

Maybe I will turn it down and listen to Mike Shannon. He cracks me up.

Going for the sweep against the Cubs.

Caroline I agree. It's been a great season but it's not over yet :)

Sweetcaroline
09-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Gary... the new job is going well... some technical difficulties the first couple of days, but smooth sailing expected tomorrow.. I made a walk-date for immed after my shift and the 'greens' are washed and packed up... I need to set the tone for a good week....

We won today... I have to say I'm loving Jason Bay... hmmm.. we got him in a trade awhile back.. I forget the details at the moment.. :smoking: ;)
Well, he hit his 35th homerun today... as we swept Baltimore...
On to Kansas City... we can't get cocky, but we have 4 with them that could really help our cause..

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
[I]We won today... I have to say I'm loving Jason Bay... hmmm.. we got him in a trade awhile back.. I forget the details at the moment.. :smoking: ;)

I don't remember either...wasn't drugs involved ;)

Clydegirl
09-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Didn't you get him dirt cheap from the Pirates?

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
If you go way-way back I know you will see that I said NATION got a great player!...

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I also want to say what a pleasure it has been TEAM!!

and how cool ALL of the regulars ('cept... sorry RAZZ) are still playing for spots in the play-offs!

Sweetcaroline
09-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Didn't you get him dirt cheap from the Pirates?

Yes oh Yes, we did Clydegirl ...and its been like finding a numbered Monet' under a velvet Elvis painting. Manny went to the Dodgers as part of the trade too... it was too complicated and I tuned out as soon as Manny made his exit... The "Manny-Who" signs were raised at Fenway at the next game and we never looked back... Yes Gary... I remember you saying he was good... you were right !

How'd ya like to be a Pirates fan... or a Nationals fan... I wonder if they have any ?

Clydegirl
09-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Darn dropped the final game to the Cubs.

The Pirates sell so many of their players. It must suck sometimes to be a fan. They always trade their good players.

Sweetcaroline
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Any more ideas Bill ? I have writers block and need chocolate... I usually can't title anything until I'm finished...

Hey Clydegirl a reporter asked who the president thought would win the WS, he is still holding out for the White Sox, but gave the Cards and Pujols a nod...

Slashnl
09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Just to add... it's been fun being on this thread. It really is a good one and I'll be looking for it again in the spring!

Rockies won as did the Dodgers, so I think we're doing well to make it as the wildcard. Yay! We're off today, then home against San Diego.

EZMONEY
09-21-2009, 06:47 PM
WE are off today too....kick some San Diego butt D....maybe if we team up together we could have a chance against BIG BIRD!

The Pirates are just one of those small market teams that can never make enough money.

Sweetcaroline
09-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Magic number is 7
We are in Kansas City for 4, we've won 16 of 18 games with them so far... but you never know....
Then on to NY Yankees later in the week...

Enjoy your games everyone :corn:

Clydegirl
09-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Don't know who I'd rather face Dodgers or Rockies.

Ask me after the weekend after we play the Rockies. At the moment I'd say we have a better chance against the Dodgers.

3 against the Astros. They are always hard in houston.

Magic number still 4.

EZMONEY
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
BIG BIRD...you own US....but we own the Rockies.....

go figure.....

Sweetcaroline
09-21-2009, 08:49 PM
This is going to be a long road trip we were just in Baltimore, now K.C. then Yankees..
Then home sweet Fenway for the last 7 games of the regular season...
Where are you guys finishing ?

Clydegirl... I just noticed you are 180's bound... nice going, must be all of those farm fresh veggies... :yay:

Lovin J-Bay... #36 HR... 3 runs !!!

Clydegirl
09-21-2009, 10:33 PM
That's a win. 7-3. Lots of runs being scored tonight all around baseball. Mark DeRosa two home runs tonight.

Magic number 3.

Caroline I'm hoping this week 180's. I was at the gym again today. Sorry off topic.

Our last series is at home against the Brewers and we have tickets for the final game. Decided to get them because dear knows if we will get them for the post season.

Oops meant to say, Caroline your numbers are looking good.

Diane will it be snowing when we play you this weekend?

Clydegirl
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Got my e-mail this morning. I was not selected in the lottery for post season tickets:(

I checked on Stubhub to see how much they were on there. Yikes people are asking huge ammounts of money for tickets. We don't even know who we're playing and where yet. We still have 3 games to win.

I think the last game we attend will be the Milwaukee game.

EZMONEY
09-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Sorry you didn't get a lottery number Big Bird. I never have but my dad did get some for the All-Star game in San Diego many years ago...2 tickets...he took my youth bowling instructor/his scorekeeper for his men's leagues...she was a huge baseball/Padre fan. I did benefit from lottery tickets my ex-wife's uncle got for the Cubs-Padres play-offs in '84....I had to sit way-way up...but still in the game!

Off to play the Nationals today...

Sweetcaroline
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry about the lottery Clydegirl... some advice if you happen to be hanging around the house... Turn on any/every local radio station you can and get your redial finger going... I've called in for sox tix and scored twice (in 10 yrs).. but its worth it... especially like 11am-3pm, not drive time.. its worth a try... I used to do it at work ...

We lost a last night... ratz ! but Yanks lost too...

Enjoy your games everyone :corn:

Sweetcaroline
09-22-2009, 10:41 PM
............ We are losing again...:headache:

EZMONEY
09-22-2009, 10:43 PM
14 runs for us....we win!!!...

Clydegirl
09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Another win. Magic number 2.

11 runs tonight.

Caroline thing is I would need 3 tickets.