100 lb. Club - Politics in the hot tub ugh

View Full Version : Politics in the hot tub ugh

Jadebatdog
08-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Today I was in the hot tub relaxing at my gym after a hard workout. This group of five people get in and start talking very loudly to each other across the hot tub about Obama this and politics that. I got so annoyed I had to get out. First of all, don't talk loudly in the hot tub, it is for relaxing! I talk to my husband a little bit but in a quiet voice when he is sitting right next to me. Second of all, politics is not relaxing.

I grew up in a family where my Dad, who is a great guy, used to get so mad involving politics he would scream at the television. I can't be around people talking about politics because of this, it just stresses me out and upsets me!

Alright I just had to vent! I thought this was so rude!

Slashnl
08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Boy that is rude!

I thought it was bad enough when two people were talking loudly in my spin class the other day. But, in the HOT TUB??? That's just wrong.

beerab
08-18-2009, 06:51 PM
how annoying.... I might have said "excuse me can you guys please lower your voices I'm trying to relax..."

Oh man in my freezing office a hot tub sounds SOOO good right now...

starfishkitty
08-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Seriously, that is major suckville.

I don't think that some people realize just how much a zen place the gym and places like the hot tub really should/can be for some people. By all means, if its your private hot tub, go for it. But if there are strangers around.... observe common courtesies!

I got annoyed the other day with this chick on the treadmill a few over from me. If she talked any louder on her cell phone about the stupid nonsensical stuff that she was yowling about, I think the guys over at the weights would have heard her! Talk about rude... no one wants to know your gossip hour stories!

Thighs Be Gone
08-19-2009, 01:32 AM
gosh, major suckville indeed!

Rosinante
08-19-2009, 03:43 AM
Very rude, both the sound level and the content. Nowt wrong with discussing politics but only if all present are in agreement. Too contentious.